Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 All Over the World -- Pixies Live!
 2004-04-14 - Winnipeg, MB - TELL US ABOUT IT!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

porkbone1
= Cult of Ray =

USA
390 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2004 :  12:02:04  Show Profile  Visit porkbone1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Passion Of El Diablo

I was in the first balcony experiencing nausea from watching a bandana-clad LoganZ flirt with Porkbone and Wife of Porkbone. I have no idea how you missed me.

Funny, you never came and introduced yourself. The people who talk the loudest on the internet are always the most chickenshit in person.

The joke has come upon me
Go to Top of Page

andrescolombia
- FB Fan -

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2004 :  13:14:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
!!!!Will somebody be interested in exchanging a Winny copy for a MPLS one???? or to trade MP3 over msn? ftp? !!!!

AndresCOL
Go to Top of Page

winnipegwantsfrank
- FB Fan -

83 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2004 :  13:31:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really don't understand how you can say that people in the balconies were sitting down. I was in the freaking 1st balcony and trust me, people were standing
Go to Top of Page

jackanapes
- FB Fan -

237 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2004 :  13:34:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was thinking the same thing. Everytime I looked up to the balcony it seemed as if people were on their feet. I mean, how could they not be? Atleast no one thought "hey, I'm seeing the Pixies live, I guess that means I should be able to fly".
Go to Top of Page

Manny
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
252 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2004 :  13:34:14  Show Profile  Click to see Manny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Andres I'll trade you the Winnipeg mp3s for Minneapolis ones via MSN or FTP.

What is your email?

And yeah, pretty much everyone in the first balcony was standing up and some were dancing.
Go to Top of Page

lola
- FB Fan -

28 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2004 :  16:19:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it was _amazing_ burned into my head forever. i was SO sick though, i had this terrible stomach thing from tuesday through to friday and i felt like passing out, but it was still the greatest night ever because... pixies, c'mon!

okay... i'll stop gushing now...
Go to Top of Page

The Passion Of El Diablo
= Cult of Ray =

258 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2004 :  16:50:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Porkbone,
What was I supposed to say? "Hey, Porkbone . . . Passion here. Why don't you get all your fake board friends to beat my ass 'cuz all y'all think I'm a bitch."
Go to Top of Page

lola
- FB Fan -

28 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2004 :  16:56:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
okay, sorry I had to do this:

The Realist -

If you didn't like the show, thats your right to say so (I was there and loved it, but thats me) however, I don't see how it's at all appropriate to be making derogatory comments towards the whole country. I mean... I'm assuming you're American, and if so... are you really one to talk? As if there aren't crapholes down there too.

And an incest comment is really just uneducated, it's a pretty well known fact that's something prevelant in rural areas, and this is pretty much a more urbanized country. Lower infant mortality, we live longer, one tenth of the crime, and we spend more money per capita on higher education than any other country in the world. Have you even been to Toronto? Completely different place than Winnipeg. Don't judge an entire country on one place. I could visit the deep south and call your whole country cousin fucking rednecks, but I know better. I know that there are tons of intelligent Americans and I know there are tons of beautiful places there. (You guys just have to pick a better president. )

Common sense just isn't that common I guess.

Edited by - lola on 04/18/2004 17:00:20
Go to Top of Page

The Passion Of El Diablo
= Cult of Ray =

258 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2004 :  17:08:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lola,
I won't defend the Realist, as he is obviously an egomaniacal loser who is desperate for attention (plus he rigged a quiz that I know I won).
But I think it's worse that on the Saskatoon v. Spokane thread, there are people (including a moderator) perpetuating racial stereotypes about the cultures native to North America. This is far more offensive than inbreeding jokes about Winnipeg (or Nashville, for that matter).
Plus, you should love GWB. He is defending both of our countries against evil terrorists.
Go to Top of Page

chrischob
- FB Fan -

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2004 :  17:10:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not even people who live in Winnipeg spend time downtown, especially after 6pm. Every city has their problems areas and in Winnipeg its the few blocks around the Walker. When I saw U2 in Minneapolis in 1997, I saw the police chasing a black guy down the street and then proceeded to beat his ass. I went to the CART race in Chicago a few years ago and that was in a neighbourhood (Cicero I believe) that was very slumy.

Also, there were people sitting in Winnipeg. The left half of the 1st balcony was standing and the right half was mostly lame.

Thats just the way crowds are for the most part in Winnipeg. I've been to shows across Canada and in the States and Winnipeg crowds are different. If you asked someone who was sitting for most of the show they would probably say it was the most incredible show they have ever seen.

Chris Choboter
Go to Top of Page

andrescolombia
- FB Fan -

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2004 :  21:09:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll try to put'em on some ftp server... if someone have the winny on ftp, would u let me know???? email me through the forum~!~

AndresCOL
Go to Top of Page

andrescolombia
- FB Fan -

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2004 :  09:13:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My FTP sucks a bog time!!! never get 1and1.com !!!!!!
Does somebody have an FTP where to upload high qlty MP3 from the MPLS concert? I'm interested in the Winny or other ones...

manny, let me know when to acces ur FTP... this morning was down... Keep me posted. It will be really cool to have MP3 for all shows...

AndresCOL
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2004 :  10:37:04  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Guys - this is the line. Any insulting messages following this post WILL result in your account being locked for one week, or possibly permanently. And this is at MY discretion.

Drop the insults.

Join the Cult of the Flying Pigxies - I'm A Believer!
Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2004 :  11:33:34  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Noisy

Guys - this is the line. Any insulting messages following this post WILL result in your account being locked for one week, or possibly permanently. And this is at MY discretion.

Drop the insults.

Join the Cult of the Flying Pigxies - I'm A Believer!

Finally! I'm really getting sick of this bullshit on this site. Judging by the other members I met in Minneapolis and Winnipeg so is everyone. I'm glad someone is noticing that threads are dying almost immediately after certain individuals post.

-----------------------
http://www.geocities.com/kittridge1/
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2004 :  12:12:39  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm sure you understand it's a balance between being too harsh and too lenient, but we do our best, I swear. :)

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

The Passion Of El Diablo
= Cult of Ray =

258 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2004 :  13:40:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnipeg was phenomenal, especially in terms of the cleanliness of the downtown and the theatre bathrooms. The Pixies played phenomenally well, and I really liked how the bass player added clumsy charm to the set by flubbing all her parts. All in all, a great show!
Go to Top of Page

gunner
- FB Fan -

Canada
128 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2004 :  16:03:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately, the middle of April is the worst time to get a first impression of Winnipeg. They put so much sand on the streets in the winter to keep the cars from sliding all over the place, that when the snow melts the city looks like a giant litter box. They have just started to clean the streets this week, and things are already looking much better. If you ever have the opportunity to be here in June, July, or August, you would get a much different impression.

I'm heading to Minneapolis for the November show, and I know that the last time I was there, which was 1989, the downtown area left much to be desired. I've been told that this has changed. I guess I'll see for myself.

http://ca.geocities.com/kpgordon17/

Edited by - gunner on 04/19/2004 16:05:16
Go to Top of Page

The Passion Of El Diablo
= Cult of Ray =

258 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  14:45:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So what about the guy I saw urinating on a minivan on the corner of Portage and Smith? Does he stick around over the summer?
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  14:55:08  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And no one has EVER publically urinated in Minneapolis?

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  14:57:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like someone hasn't spent enough time at 5th and Hennepin.
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  14:57:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Or maybe that was 4th. Or both.
Go to Top of Page

The Passion Of El Diablo
= Cult of Ray =

258 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  14:58:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cult,
I was in Downtown Winny for two hours before the show, and I saw it happen. I've been in Downtown Minny every day for the last ten years, and I've never seen anything like it.
Go to Top of Page

ShaunWestphal
- FB Fan -

221 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  15:02:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gunner

Unfortunately, the middle of April is the worst time to get a first impression of Winnipeg. They put so much sand on the streets in the winter to keep the cars from sliding all over the place, that when the snow melts the city looks like a giant litter box. They have just started to clean the streets this week, and things are already looking much better. If you ever have the opportunity to be here in June, July, or August, you would get a much different impression.

I'm heading to Minneapolis for the November show, and I know that the last time I was there, which was 1989, the downtown area left much to be desired. I've been told that this has changed. I guess I'll see for myself.

From what I know about downtown Mpls in 89 (I was 11 at the time), I'm sure you'll find it WAY better now. Not that there aren't shitty parts of town, but downtown is pretty decent. And yeah, in 6 years of spending a lot of time in downtown Mpls, last Wed in Winnipeg was the first time I've ever seen anyone piss on a street corner in broad daylight.

Wherever Passion goes, I will follow...
Go to Top of Page

The Passion Of El Diablo
= Cult of Ray =

258 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  15:05:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ShaunWestphal,
Were you in Downtown Winny at the same time I was? Did we see the same guy publicly urinating? [The guy I saw urinated on a minivan.] Were you following me around on foot, too?
Go to Top of Page

ShaunWestphal
- FB Fan -

221 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  15:09:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Passion,
Was it a blue minivan? Probably like a Dodge Caravan or something?

Wherever Passion goes, I will follow...
Go to Top of Page

The Passion Of El Diablo
= Cult of Ray =

258 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  15:21:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't remember the color, idiot. I remember the guy urinating on it. In any case, if you saw a guy urinating on any minivan, I'm pretty sure it was the same incident I saw. Or are you just being a little Smart Alec?
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  15:42:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's got to depend on where in downtown Minneapolis you're talking. If we're talking Nicollet Mall, then of course not (well, change that to "probably not"). If you're talking the deep bowels of the warehouse district -- which incidentally is in the area of the Fine Line -- then while I admittedly haven't seen it, I wouldn't be the least bit shocked.
Go to Top of Page

The Passion Of El Diablo
= Cult of Ray =

258 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  15:47:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess if I went clubbin' at Daddy Rocks every weekender, then maybe I would see worse.
Go to Top of Page

speedy_m
= Frankofile =

Canada
3581 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  16:27:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Mattb, I see that your pics are up, but everything except the "before the show internet geeks" is not working. I wanna see the pics!
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  16:48:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll settle for just the geeks ... where are they?
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  16:49:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh sweet, I just guessed at the URL and got it right.

http://www.geocities.com/kittridge1/pixies.html
Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  16:49:39  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by speedy_m

Hey Mattb, I see that your pics are up, but everything except the "before the show internet geeks" is not working. I wanna see the pics!

I knew I shouldn't have put the link up and tease people. I started building yesterday but didn't have time to finish. Tons of stuff has been scanned and I should be able to put some stuff up today.

"before the show internet geeks" LMAO, I think I'll change the link name to that.

-----------------------
http://www.geocities.com/kittridge1/
Go to Top of Page

speedy_m
= Frankofile =

Canada
3581 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  16:55:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I kid! I kid because I love! And because that doesn't include me! Of course, I could a be a "post show internet geek". What an honour....

Are they there yet?
Are they there yet?
Are they there yet?
Are they there yet?
Are they there yet?
Are they there yet?
Are they there yet?
etc, ad nauseum....
Go to Top of Page

jackanapes
- FB Fan -

237 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  17:06:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roomloo, Here I am.

Picture links wont work for me either.
Go to Top of Page

gunner
- FB Fan -

Canada
128 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  17:25:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey mattb,

Let us know when the picture link is working. I'm dying to see those.

Passion,

There are some of us 'peggers who strongly believe that public urination should be an Olympic sport, I'm not sure what your problem with it is...

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000