Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

klikger
= Cult of Ray =

693 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2004 :  01:14:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, who is confirmed if anyone for the fall U.S. dates? PJ Harvey?
Go to Top of Page

BhopalStiff
- FB Fan -

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2004 :  09:32:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So yeah, I want to know more about bands opening for the Pixies on their full North American tour in the fall. Do you think it will be like a couple constant bands, or different bands every city?

Catch ya later, Bill and Ted!
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2004 :  09:52:21  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
From what Jeremy (of The Bennies) told me after talking to FB, they're going to split the tour into 4...and each member is going to pick an opening band (or two?) for a number of dates. FB said that The Bennies are at the top of his list, second only to Reid Paley. David Lovering is also a huge fan of The Bennies, so there's quite a good chance they'll be opening certain dates.

Boycott cults and t's
Go to Top of Page

J.
- FB Fan -

3 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2004 :  20:15:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
any body that want to check out that band from winnipeg here is the web address:

www.hamtheband.com
Go to Top of Page

J.
- FB Fan -

3 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2004 :  20:37:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
www.hamtheband.com
quote:
Originally posted by porkbone1

I was trying to find the website for the band that opened up in winnipeg. If you were there, you know how awesome they were. Is this their website?

http://www.heavenlyham.com/corporate/index.asp

The joke has come upon me

Go to Top of Page

naghammadi
- FB Fan -

4 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2004 :  15:37:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
two of my bands are SORTA opening up for the pixies at the voodoo fest in new orleans. the bands are Nag Hammadi and Worms Union.

we will have a stage setup in the field next to the stage they will be playing on on saturday. we are actually playing in the time stage slot before sonic youth, and then again before the pixies.

we will aslo have a stage setup in a different area.

one of my boyhood dreams was to be on the same poster as the pixies and sonic youth , and i did it this summer with both at once!!! woohoo!

now if only they hear us. :)
Go to Top of Page

Wade
- FB Fan -

115 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2004 :  23:22:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So Nag, did they hear you? how did it go?

And does anyone know who's opening the Houston show tomorrow? *looks at tickets*

Go to Top of Page

gauth
- FB Fan -

USA
74 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2004 :  07:42:11  Show Profile  Click to see gauth's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The opening bands for Houston - Oct 17 were The Thrills and The Killers. I've only seen the second one and they really kicked ass!
Go to Top of Page

naghammadi
- FB Fan -

4 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2004 :  12:43:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for asking wade. i just got back (it is a lot of working setting up, managing, and tearing down 2 stages AND play in three of the bands...).

it was a lot of work and a lot of fun. i don't know if they heard us or not, but it was sweet. for nag hammadi's first show of the festival, we had sonic youth playing while i set up my gear. then nag played, and as i tore down, the pixies were playing! how cool is that for work music??? then worms union played (my other band).

overall it was more fun than a barrel of monkies - and i am not talking about normal everyday run-of-the-mill monkeys, i am talking about a barrel of REALLY fun monkeys that tell jokes and do song and dance routines wearing people clothes.

anyway, yeah.
Go to Top of Page

torontocanuck
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2005 :  21:59:48  Show Profile  Visit torontocanuck's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000