Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Adnan_le_Terrible
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1973 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  04:22:01  Show Profile  Visit Adnan_le_Terrible's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When is "Honeycomb" going to be released?

Go to Top of Page

bumblebeeboy2
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2638 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  04:29:55  Show Profile  Click to see bumblebeeboy2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
may be a silly question, so don't shoot me, it's my birthday after all! but the 2 thompsons on there, are they relations or just coincidence? being a common surname and all... ???

The Shrine of the Sea Monkey!
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  04:34:00  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Please tell me Monsieur Thompson, how/where did you find the time to write 17 new songs??? It's almost incredible.

Btw, the titles are nice and promising - especially 'Violet'...

"Welcome back to the 10th grade!"

Edited by - Frog in the Sand on 04/09/2004 04:37:25
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  06:01:54  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I was kinda hoping on richard thompson, that would be so great.
Besides Akil and Chester, there's Charles Thompson, so maybe a fourth thompson would be a little bit too much.

"I joined the Cult of Frank/Nobody wanted to join my Culf"
Go to Top of Page

NimrodsSon
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1938 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  06:09:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I haven't heard a damn one of those, but just looking at the titles it looks like it will be great. Thanks Frank!

¡Viva los Católicos!
Go to Top of Page

Mac E. Doobage
= Cult of Ray =

503 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  07:21:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I’VE BEEN ALL AROUND THE WORLD--Isn't that a Grateful Dead song?

Awwwwwwwwwww Lil' Buddage!
Go to Top of Page

Scalzo
- FB Fan -

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  07:25:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, is this album going to be even more in the vain of country western music?

Not a complaint, just curious. Frank's becoming quite the troubadour.
Go to Top of Page

Atheist4Catholics
= Cult of Ray =

USA
925 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  07:47:52  Show Profile  Visit Atheist4Catholics's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Chester Thompson used to play drums for Frank Zappa and Weather Report

"Join the Cult of Frank / or The Clops gets it!"
Go to Top of Page

ramona
"FB Quote Mistress"

USA
3988 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  08:05:47  Show Profile  Visit ramona's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ten Percenter

Great news Frank. The Selkie Bride? Are you exploring Celtic mythology now? As for "Dark End of the Street" - I can hear Em (Ramona) screaming for joy.

Damn straight, baby! Did you hear my "EEEEEEEEEE!" from across the pond?

I am SO SO excited. It is on my ALL TIME top 5 songs list. I wonder if Frank read the Elvis Costello post where I explained how he sang it and made me cry? Probably not. But have y'all heard of kismet?

Ooo. I am over the moon!
Go to Top of Page

Bartholomew
= Cult of Ray =

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  09:01:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Honeycomb. I like the sound of that. Love the Catholic’s, but am very excited to hear Frank under the effects of an injection of fresh blood. Works pretty well for Neil Young. Mentally, I’ve already purchased this album. Hmm...moving even more country makes me wonder about that Pixies Austin City Limits date. Wonder if some of the Catholics don’t show up and play some of these songs in the set. That would defintely be cool.
Go to Top of Page

Picapiedra
- FB Fan -

121 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  12:23:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[spelling edit]
Is that Steve Cropper from Murph & the Magic Tones, err ahh, I mean the Blues Brothers? Awesome.

-roger.

"Drug run'n on this Panamanian schooner."

Edited by - Picapiedra on 04/09/2004 12:31:08
Go to Top of Page

Picapiedra
- FB Fan -

121 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  12:29:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just about pissed myself when I saw the ACL date. The thing that sucks is that it's very difficult to get tickets to Austin City Limits. They pass them out for free at a location that is announced on a radio station that is pre-desiganted several days earlier. Two per person limit. Tickets usually go within 5 minutes. (I personally believe this is usually because of an inside job... ;-) but hey, what can you say about free?)

The thing that REALly sucks about this for me is that I'll be on my way back to Austin from the Pixies Vancouver show the day that the Pixes ACL tickets are distributed. That just seems to be the story of my life. I've just got to find a way to get to that particular show. I'll accept help from anybody.

[Edited, as I found more information]
Got some better news, and some worse news. The Pixes aren't playing a regular set in the Austin City Limits studio. They are playing day 2 of ACL's 3-day music festival at Zilker Park. So while the venue (an outdoor music festival) will definitely NOT be as inimate as the studio, I am much more relaxed about the availability of tickets.

-roger.

"Drug run'n on this Panamanian schooner."

Edited by - Picapiedra on 04/09/2004 15:43:52
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  13:40:05  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's always exciting when there's new songs and song titles and new albums...I can't wait to hear it.

"Join the Cult of Brit / And let your oral hygiene go out the window."
Go to Top of Page

frankblackphx
= Cult of Ray =

USA
287 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  13:40:52  Show Profile  Visit frankblackphx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jon Tiven did some work with Frank around the time of TOTY.
Does this mean that this is not recorded live to two track. Does anyone know?

I got me so down I got me a headache.
Go to Top of Page

vespa59
- FB Fan -

38 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  14:53:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoa! Would that be Steve Cropper from Booker T. and the MG's? Awesome!! All you need is Donald Dunn and you could be the new Blues Brothers! Hehe...

Also, is that "Dark End of the Street" a cover of the Wilson Pickett tune?

quote:
Originally posted by frnck blck

"honeycomb"

HIGHWAY TO LOWDOWN
LONE CHILD
ATOM IN MY HEART
SELKIE BRIDE
STRANGE GOODBYE
VELVET NIGHTMARE
SING FOR JOY
VIOLET
I BURN TODAY
KISS MY RING
GO FIND YOUR SAINT
WHERE THE WIND IS GOING
MY LIFE IS IN STORAGE / FUNK
HONEYCOMB
I’VE BEEN ALL AROUND THE WORLD
SONG OF THE SHRIMP
DARK END OF THE STREET

DAN PENN, SPOONER OLDHAM, STEVE CROPPER, DAVID HOOD, REGGIE YOUNG, BUDDY MILLER, AKIL THOMPSON, CHESTER THOMPSON, ANTON FIG, BILLY BLOCK. PRODUCED BY JON TIVEN.

Go to Top of Page

True Blue
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  14:59:39  Show Profile  Visit True Blue's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looking good, shame though about the song title 'Kiss my Ring'!!!! That's gonna cause some laughter to any people with British humour, or maybe just people with dirty minds lol!!

I really hope this isn't going to be too out there country sounding, we could really do with a rock effort this time around and maybe leave the slide guitar thing alone for a while. Don't get me wrong, 'Goodbye Lorraine' is great, but I'm sure it's the 'Nadine' / 'Snake' part of Frank's brain we wanna hear more from....?

I really hope the Pixies exposure this year gets Frank's stuff more attention, not that he's gonna be short of cash when all those Pixie tour/DVD/CD cheques roll in!

Go to Top of Page

Zsolt G.
- FB Fan -

117 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  15:32:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dudes, peep this: http://www.buddyandjulie.com/
Also, Frank, this Nashville record better be as good as I think it's going to be. Pixies tickets in Chicago are $35 and only available at ticketm-ass-ter, which means an addition $10 minimum. I haven't payed this much for tickets since Enya was in town. You guys better rock my balls off.
Go to Top of Page

NimrodsSon
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1938 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  16:05:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool pic, thanks!

¡Viva los Católicos!
Go to Top of Page

morgan
- FB Fan -

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  16:42:33  Show Profile  Visit morgan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, from the photos this sure doesn't look like it's going to be a 'live to 2-track' record. I could be wrong though. I always picture those sessions as everyone set up in a super-giant room with one guy running a small mixing board and 1/2 inch reel to reel. Anyway... Thanks for the track list Frank and we'll see ya in Eugene on the 28th!
-Morgan (of The Croutons)
Tucson, AZ.

Edited by - morgan on 04/09/2004 16:43:33
Go to Top of Page

Jason
* Dog in the Sand *

1446 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  17:05:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frog in the Sand

Please tell me Monsieur Thompson, how/where did you find the time to write 17 new songs??? It's almost incredible.

At least two of those are covers. "Shrimp" and "Dark End of the Street".

This is very cool news. The men who worked on this record have a lot of history.

Edited by - Jason on 04/09/2004 17:14:33
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  17:56:59  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've got nothing to say except, "Awesome".

Seriously, I can't wait.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

Adnan_le_Terrible
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1973 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  18:29:19  Show Profile  Visit Adnan_le_Terrible's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

I've got nothing to say except, "Awesome".

Seriously, I can't wait.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"

I had an american friend who alwqays repoeat tis word "aaaaaawesoooome".

I'm sure you can find anothezr word, Jim. How about "delightful"?

Go to Top of Page

Atheist4Catholics
= Cult of Ray =

USA
925 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  18:43:40  Show Profile  Visit Atheist4Catholics's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by morgan

Well, from the photos this sure doesn't look like it's going to be a 'live to 2-track' record. I could be wrong though. I always picture those sessions as everyone set up in a super-giant room with one guy running a small mixing board and 1/2 inch reel to reel. Anyway... Thanks for the track list Frank and we'll see ya in Eugene on the 28th!
-Morgan (of The Croutons)
Tucson, AZ.

Actually, it's even more important to isolate everyone when doing Live to 2-track. You also need to run all of the effects live which takes up more console space.

How do these leathery old white guys rock so hard?

"Join the Cult of Frank / or The Clops gets it!"
Go to Top of Page

ramona
"FB Quote Mistress"

USA
3988 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  18:49:24  Show Profile  Visit ramona's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That picture is excellent. Goatee(d?) Frank is so cute.

There's another one here - http://www.buddyandjulie.com/frankblack.html

Edited by - ramona on 04/09/2004 18:50:54
Go to Top of Page

slaveish
= Cult of Ray =

USA
269 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  19:13:32  Show Profile  Visit slaveish's Homepage  Reply with Quote
frank looks great in a beard. all men should wear beards.
Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  21:55:13  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Just this evening I considered shaving my head and growing a beard again. I hadn't seen these pictures yet. I did it last year when I was the devil in a play, but you know what? Frank does it better. What am I saying. Frank does everything better. How about, instead of having these FB.net badges or shirts, we all just shave our heads and grow beards. We could recognize eachother at the shows that way. Don't worry, ladies. Thanks to my experience in theatre, I can make a mean prosthetic beard. I'll post instructions.

"And her head has no room."
Go to Top of Page

Minky303
- FB Fan -

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  21:58:15  Show Profile  Visit Minky303's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dammit, what does 'kiss my ring' mean in british. I have a few guesses, of course, but I'd like to know the clinical definition. I yelled it at a couple of people tonite, and now I'd really like to know what I meant.

Beard looks nice, yep
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2004 :  01:24:36  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Minky303

Dammit, what does 'kiss my ring' mean in british. I have a few guesses, of course, but I'd like to know the clinical definition. I yelled it at a couple of people tonite, and now I'd really like to know what I meant.

Beard looks nice, yep

haha, I love yelling things to people while I don't really know what it means.

"I joined the Cult of Frank/Nobody wanted to join my Culf"
Go to Top of Page

Jason
* Dog in the Sand *

1446 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2004 :  09:44:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree. Frank's a sharp lookin' rock 'n' roller. Even if he does like to leave his Caps Lock key on.

I want to look that badass when I'm 39.
Go to Top of Page

FrankfanL
- FB Fan -

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2004 :  11:13:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So great to hear from Frank again !! Can't wait to hear the new stuff. See you at the Aragon in Chicago for the SECOND SHOW 11-14. RIGHT ON FRANK !!!!
Go to Top of Page

Steak n Sabre
* Dog in the Sand *

Uzbekistan
1013 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2004 :  11:35:25  Show Profile  Visit Steak n Sabre's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This puts FB's Bacon Number to 3!

Bacon-Belushi
Belushi-Cropper
Cropper-Black

The Cult of Frank: Stick with the best, screw all the rest...
Go to Top of Page

moon ruler
- FB Fan -

10 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2004 :  12:23:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steak n Sabre

This puts FB's Bacon Number to 3!

Bacon-Belushi
Belushi-Cropper
Cropper-Black

The Cult of Frank: Stick with the best, screw all the rest...

and we all know three is the magic number! it is equal to the number of discs he has coming out this year, unless of course decides to release a couple of more. one can only hope
Go to Top of Page

darwin

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2004 :  14:41:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you count the Pixies concert discs he's already at about 15 for 2004.
Go to Top of Page

Chip Away Boy
= Cult of Ray =

914 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2004 :  17:48:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
honeycomb HONEYCOMB i want my HONEYCOMB!!!!

keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel
Go to Top of Page

Hatchetman
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
234 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2004 :  02:45:00  Show Profile  Visit Hatchetman's Homepage  Click to see Hatchetman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Minky303

Dammit, what does 'kiss my ring' mean in british.

'British' isn't a language...... but in Britain it means 'kiss my ass' (or should that be 'arse'?)

Hatchetman

Edited by - Hatchetman on 04/11/2004 02:45:54
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000