Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

kimmyd
- FB Fan -

41 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  17:21:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi everyone!

I am DESESPERADO to see our pixies!!!

what are the chances of me getting tickets anywhere? I just looked on eBay, and there are some really good deals available for the Burton Cummings show, but I dunno how high the prices will get by the time the auction ends.

I SOOOOOO want to see their first show!!! I don't feel like I can join in on the ticket sharing that you all have going on, cuz I'm a "newbie" (I wouldn't feel right...sounds like a bunch of you guys who were in on it from the beginning won't even be getting tickets).

Any suggestions?!! I dunno...maybe this is a form of therapy for my diappointment in losing to ticketmaster this morning.

I think I'm going to eBay...

elevator lady
- FB Fan -

11 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  17:24:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what about saskatoon?
they are still on sale
Go to Top of Page

Amazed
- FB Fan -

178 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  17:26:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Regina has some too thats close to winnerpeg

http://www.Admission.com

Go to Top of Page

Amazed
- FB Fan -

178 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  17:52:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Right now regina has 2 tickets left 1199,1200 /1200
Go to Top of Page

astrocat
- FB Fan -

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  17:58:24  Show Profile  Visit astrocat's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd suggest anyone wanting tickets to any of the shows on the coast or American shows wait until after Davis tickets go onsale to resort to ebay/scalpers. I know my own travel arrangements and whether I'll have extra tickets to some shows depends somewhat on if I get tickets to Davis.

That doesn't help about Winnipeg though...sorry.
Go to Top of Page

Amazed
- FB Fan -

178 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  18:01:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Regina just sold out!
Go to Top of Page

kottke
- FB Fan -

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  18:06:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Saskatoon and Davis is all that's left now, eh? And coachella? Crazy.

"He bought me a soda"
Go to Top of Page

pixie801
- FB Fan -

52 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  20:50:40  Show Profile  Click to see pixie801's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I decided that $125 a ticket was worth it to me to see my all time favorite band that I never thought I'd see live.

So I caved and got them from eBay. Not minutes later the same seller had another pair of tickets to the show for $20 more. The prices are just going to go higher.

The way I look at it, I'm going to try to get tickets to Davis, also. I'd prefer going there and it'd be more convenient for my friend who is coming up from SF, but I can't tell you how relieved I am to know that, worse comes to worse - I get to drive 5 hours to Spokane to see them. That's all that matters to me. And I know that if I end up not going to Spokane, I'll be able to find a home for this pair of tickets here, at least.

Now I don't have to stress about it for anothere 9 days when I'll likely strike out getting tickets to the Davis show, too.
Go to Top of Page

offerw
* Dog in the Sand *

South Africa
1264 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  23:47:11  Show Profile  Click to see offerw's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I sympathize with the guys who couldn't get tickets and now have to resort to eBay. It worries me though that selling tickets through eBay cannot be legal? Why do eBay permit this to happen? Another worry is that if someone is dishonest enough to want to sell through eBay for a profit then the next guy is going to be even more of a shyster and he'll advertise and sell tickets he doesn't even have and then disappear after he's taken the money. The final thing which pisses me off about some eBay sellers are the guys describing themselves as "true fans" and now they suddenly have two extras which they put up for auction to make up for the cost of travel etc. FUCK THEM!! To sell a ticket for three to four times the face value for WHATEVER reason is WRONG. They are exploiting fans.
Go to Top of Page

bayzhuma
- FB Fan -

8 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  03:29:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
these are only [sigh] $255 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16122&item=2227436384
if i bid on them does anyone want to split....
Go to Top of Page

kimmyd
- FB Fan -

41 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  08:51:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your input, I've decided to eBay it for the Winnipeg show! I think it's worth it. I never thought I'd ever see the pixies!!!, and the chance to see their very FIRST show back together is unbelievable.

Can I ask some other advice now that I've decided to sell out? (or actually, "buy out")? There are a bunch of auctions on ebay, and some people are selling "ticketfast" tickets that can be emailed? Is there a chance of me getting screwed if I buy these? Could the seller sell more than one of these, and email out or even print up a whole bunch of tickets, and that way when I show up on the day of the show, and someone else has scanned through already, I get the shaft? There are some auctions that say they have "tickets in hand". Does this also mean that those are "ticketfast" tickets? Otherwise, how could they get them so quickly (especially if they are in places like new york or england!!) I'm confused.

There's one seller I'm particularly looking at because their selling the tickets that ticketmaster is mailing out to them...I'm not going to put the link here because this is not an advertising forum. (People know where to search for pixies tickets if they decide to, "bayzhuma"!!!) (even your name makes me think your the seller!) (if your not the seller, I apologize, I'm still raw at not getting tickets yesterday, if you ARE the seller, shame on you!!) Plus the tickets are less than $50, as of right now.

Now that I've decided to bid, I don't know which ones to bid on. Help?

Thanks again!

Good luck getting tickets to those in the same boat as me!!

kimmyd
Go to Top of Page

Amazed
- FB Fan -

178 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  08:58:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ill get this one right from ticketmaster for you :) :
Q. How does ticketFast work?

A. Here's how it works:

1. Choose ticketFast as your delivery option and purchase your ticket(s).
Ticket being scanned
at an event.

2. If prompted, choose how you would like to receive your tickets.

You can choose either:

Email Recommended - Tickets will be emailed to you as an attached PDF file. • Save the attachment onto your computer.
• You now have your ticket stored. Print them now or later.
All you need is Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0. or higher (free)

View and Print* - Not all tickets are available for immediate printing. If not available the option will not be provided.

• Make sure you have Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or higher (free) already installed.
• Print immediately.

3. Read the terms and conditions.

4. Go to the event. Your tickets will be scanned and you'll be admitted.

5. Have a good time.

Really, it's that easy! Choose ticketFast and you're ready for your event.

Check it out for yourself. Print a sample ticket now.

Q. Are there benefits to choosing ticketFast?

A. Yes! Delivery and Convenience.

1. You get your tickets right away, no will call lines or mail delivery to wait for.

2. You print them at your convenience. (If emailed)

3. You can forward them to others attending the event so they can print their own tickets. (If emailed)

Return to top

Q. Do I need any special hardware or software to use ticketFast?

A. You probably already have what you need. All you need is...

1. Printer - Any ink-jet or laser printer (color or black & white) with a resolution of 300 dpi or more is able to print tickets. Use 8.5 x 11 plain white paper for best results. (If you unsure of your printer's resolution/dpi, check the printer manual.)

2. Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or higher. If you do not have it, download it now. It's free.

Q. Will this ticket be accepted for the event?

A. Yes. The ticket that comes out of your printer is a valid, legitimate ticket.
Make sure you keep it in a safe place like you would cash and protect it just like you would any other ticket!

Q. What if I print more than one copy of my ticket or a photocopy is made?

A. Only the first scan of the barcode on your ticket will be allowed entry.
Make sure you keep it in a safe place like you would cash and protect it just like you would any other ticket! If more than one copy were to arrive, the barcode scanner will alert the attendant that the ticket has already been scanned. If there is a dispute, the purchaser's name and the last four-digits of the credit card used to make the purchase is on each ticket.

Go to Top of Page

pixie801
- FB Fan -

52 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  09:00:54  Show Profile  Click to see pixie801's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I went with the "Buy it now"' option because I have no doubt that the other auctions will get crazy especially towards the end with all us rabid pixies fans and likely go way higher.

So my advice is if there is a Buy It Now option, then do it. Don't risk the tickets skyrocketing towards the end of the auction.

I can't tell you what relief I feel knowing that I have 2 tickets.

Oh -- also, check the ratings on the sellers. As shitty as it is, I feel more comfortable buying from someone named "theticketliquidator"' with 1500 feedback than some "fan" who happened to have extra tickets and is now selling them on eBay. If you're afraid of fraud, go with the pro who has the highest feedback ratings.

I still need ONE ticket to Spokane, though! And I don't think I can convince my friend to spend that much...
Go to Top of Page

Amazed
- FB Fan -

178 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  09:01:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Personaly I would stay away from ticketfast tickets. there is a chance someone might have photo copied them. plus real tickets are a much better momento than a piece of paper!
Go to Top of Page

audiodr
- FB Fan -

77 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  20:59:39  Show Profile  Visit audiodr's Homepage  Click to see audiodr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Did anybody notice on Ticketmaster's website the following statement under the description of the Winnipeg Show:
"TICKETS THAT ARE SOLD FOR ABOVE FACE VALUE ON AUCTION SITES WILL BE
CANCELLED."
I just saw some winnipeg tix on ebay for sale.. how are they gonna enforce this?
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  21:08:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I doubt they can really enforce it, unless the eBay seller lists the row and seat number on the auction. Hopefully it could at least scare some buyers away, thus keeping the scalpers from scalping too much of people's money, although that only applies to the people reading the fine print on Ticketmaster. I've considered randomly e-mailing bidders to warn them about it, if nothing else to piss off the scalpers. Probably too much trouble, though.
Go to Top of Page

offerw
* Dog in the Sand *

South Africa
1264 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  11:51:33  Show Profile  Click to see offerw's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Why buy off eBay? Tickets are still available for Saskatoon and Paris Zenith shows. I'm sure you could travel and find accomodation with the extra bucks an eBay ticket will cost.
Go to Top of Page

Mroocore
- FB Fan -

USA
177 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  12:49:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
before buying off ebay try local ticket brokers they may not have the tickets on hand, but could get them for you. i live in boston and am a lifetime red sox fan, thus i must often resort to scalpers/brokers for tickets(it is a way of life here concerts, games, theatre, etc..) and have forged expensive relationships w/ brokers. i have found that for the right price that they are able to get out of town tickets, probably some scalper network of sorts. sometimes this gets quite pricey, but when i buy from a physical location at least i feel that i have recourse in case something goes wrong. all of this is such a mess, scalpers in RI and NY selling tickets to shows in winnipeg and vancouver.

JOIN THE IMPERIAL GUARD

Edited by - Mroocore on 02/23/2004 12:51:57
Go to Top of Page

kimmyd
- FB Fan -

41 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  13:09:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your good advice, Amazed and pixie801!!!

I found tickets to Winnipeg that I hope to win on eBay. They are real tickets (NOT ticketfast), but unfortunately there is not a "buy it now" option.

I see your point, pixie801. The tickets have already started to go up, but only a little bit. They are still pretty cheap (only about $60 each) But who knows how high they'll skyrocket...I wish there was a "buy it now" option. If it gets too rich for my blood, I'll try a different show. BUT I REALLY WANNA SEE THE FIRST SHOW!!!!!!!!!

Wish me luck!!!

See you guys at the show!!
(I'll be the one who sold my soul)

kimmyd
Go to Top of Page

Amazed
- FB Fan -

178 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  22:53:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No problem I am just trying to give "real" fans the best info on how to get a ticket the CHEAPEST! Vancouver looks like the most expensive shows as the tickets are going for $200 U.S a piece and the are not gonna go down in price!

heh and Good luck! the regina shows are selling for dirt cheap maybe its cause Regina is a Dirty cheap city :)

Edited by - Amazed on 02/23/2004 22:55:42
Go to Top of Page

sorrygoodfires
- FB Fan -

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  02:27:46  Show Profile  Visit sorrygoodfires's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I live in Spokane, and I didn't even know what day tickets went on sale so I got left in the dust. So I went to Ebay and used the "buy now" option to nab a ticket, a real ticket, for 90 bucks (plus 15 shipping). I couldn't believe that I was willing to pay that much, but I know it will be worth it. It sucks though, 'cause I know tons of people here in Spokane who couldn't even get tickets, and now it looks like I'm gonna have to go to the show alone. But I guess that's better than going and hanging out around the venue on the day of the show like I had planned on doing. I can't believe that some people are flying all the way over here from the east coast... no wonder tickets sold out so fast! Well, I hope all you out-of-towners enjoy Spokane...

(p.s. - i have a hide-a-bed, and hotels are expensive... think about it.)
Go to Top of Page

kimmyd
- FB Fan -

41 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  11:58:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks again Amazed!
And you're right about Vancouver! (In fact, there's only one set of tickets for Friday's show left on ebay!!! I can't believe it!) I'm sorry for people wanting to see that show!! Tickets are starting to go crazy.
Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  12:06:45  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Guys, I would seriously avoid buying tickets on ebay. Me and another baord member from the Winnipeg thread both heard today from ticketmaster that they are in the process of cancelling scalper's tickets for the Winnipeg shows that are on ebay.

-----------------------
http://www.geocities.com/kittridge1/
Go to Top of Page

kimmyd
- FB Fan -

41 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  12:18:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you serious?!! How are they going to do that? ebay was the only way I was going to see the show!!! Even if you buy real tickets and not the ticketfast ones? Please let me know!
Go to Top of Page

Amazed
- FB Fan -

178 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  12:34:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your better off buying tickets to a standing show not assigned seating!
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  12:55:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's possible that standing room shows aren't going to help. It's all speculation, but it's very possible that Ticketmaster is getting the ticket information by having eBay supply them with the seller's contact info, thus allowing them to find the ticket ID in their own database. Otherwise it's hard to imagine how they could cancel tickets, even for most of the Winnipeg auctions on eBay.

Again it's speculation, but I wouldn't feel safe with anything from eBay.
Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  13:28:56  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
All I know is what I said in the Winnipeg thread. All of us who are getting Winnipeg tickets noticed that our statuses on ticketmaster were changed and a print delay charge of 66 cents was added. I called ticketmaster in Winnipeg and the supervisor there told me that they are delaying tickets until Friday at the latest so that they can check to make sure who is selling tickets on auction sites and who ordered more than the allowed 4. He said thsoe tickets will be cancelled. He didn't mention if this would apply for any other shows though.

-----------------------
http://www.geocities.com/kittridge1/
Go to Top of Page

noneuclidian_geometry
- FB Fan -

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  16:29:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
damn, damn, damn,
all the ebay tix are pricey!

m.

Go to Top of Page

pixie801
- FB Fan -

52 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  19:15:44  Show Profile  Click to see pixie801's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kimmyd

Thanks for your good advice, Amazed and pixie801!!!
They are still pretty cheap (only about $60 each)

Well, I guess maybe I paid too much in my enthusiasm, but i'm just happy to have tickets. :)

Good luck to you in getting yours!
Go to Top of Page

kimmyd
- FB Fan -

41 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  20:10:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
pixie801,

Don't feel bad at all!!!! Those tickets I am looking at are more than $60 now, and the auction hasn't ended yet!

To make yourself feel better, check out these auctions THAT HAVE ALREADY ENDED for Thursday's Vancouver show and the Winnipeg show:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2227587004&category=16122

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2227501139&category=16122

RIDICULOUS!!!

You were right. They are only going higher!
Go to Top of Page

kimmyd
- FB Fan -

41 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2004 :  11:45:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bummer!

Ebay sucks. The tickets I wanted are way too expensive now. There is only one set of Winnipeg tickets left on Ebay, and I can't afford them. Anyone have ideas about how to get tickets now?

(For all you Vancouver wannabes out there, there are only a few tickets left on Ebay for that show as well...just FYI. Maybe the independently wealthy among you will get lucky.)

Looks like you oregon and washington people are gonna wind up paying out the wazoo too.

Like I said, bummer.
Go to Top of Page

Amazed
- FB Fan -

178 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2004 :  11:52:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sucks kimmyd
fucking bullshit is what I say!

I tried to warn people!

why don't you go to the saskatoon show I think there's still tickets!
Go to Top of Page

offerw
* Dog in the Sand *

South Africa
1264 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2004 :  00:24:20  Show Profile  Click to see offerw's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
There are some new Winnipeg tix on eBay.co.uk being sold by a guy from York UK! Now why would someone from York buy Winnipeg tix? Fucking bastard!
Go to Top of Page

porkbone1
= Cult of Ray =

USA
390 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2004 :  08:12:25  Show Profile  Visit porkbone1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
According to Ticketmaster, there was one person who bought tickets from the UK, and not surprisingly there was 1 set on ebay from the UK. We think that auction was cancelled. It is possible that same guy has just gone to a different website. If ticketmaster is cancelling any tickets, these are probably already cancelled since they know they are being scalped.
Go to Top of Page

rexella
- FB Fan -

10 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2004 :  08:47:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are some Winnipeg tickets on sale on a site called Stubhub.com. http://www.stubhub.com/?event_id=56429&RequestTimeout=500
They're pricey, but it says you can purchase up to 4 tickets together. It's really tempting but I simply can't afford it.
Go to Top of Page

Mroocore
- FB Fan -

USA
177 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2004 :  10:35:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
rexella stubhub.com is a good site. i use it for baseball(REDSOX) tickets, as a buyer and seller. my friend and i share a season ticket package and most(90% this year) of them are used by us and friends, but it is 81 dates so stubhub lets us sell them easily, we do mark them up, but only what it costs us to post on the site. which was 5 dollars last year i do not know what it is this year. i have seen tickets sell there for way too much. i could see where tickets to the 4/14 show will get REALLY expensive.

JOIN THE IMPERIAL GUARD
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000