Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 29

gkd
- FB Fan -

13 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2004 :  18:06:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, I've got a proposition for those on the post-sale list...

If the stars align correctly, there may be 10 tickets available to those of us on the post-sale list. There also happens to be 10 of us on the list. If we all agreed to take just one ticket, then we would all be guaranteed a ticket if things were confirmed with 10 extra. What do you guys think?

If there are more tickets, those extras could be lotteried off and we could still have a minimum of one each. If there are fewer tickets, then we could just have the lottery like we were going to anyway.

I'm interested in everyone's opinion!
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2004 :  18:20:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think gkd's idea is interesting ... let's see if we can get a few post-sale people to weigh in on it. Especially ones near the top of the list...
Go to Top of Page

porkbone1
= Cult of Ray =

USA
390 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2004 :  20:00:29  Show Profile  Visit porkbone1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
One thing to consider here is that these tickets are now officially PRICELESS. As sorry as it is to admit, you can always count on scalpers to be selling tickets on ebay if you really want tickets. However, there are simply no tickets available for this show anymore, anywhere. I couldn't even find any from any ticket brokers.

The last tickets for this show on ebay sold for around $280 US Dollars EACH. Now, you can get tickets to all the other shows, but not this one. I have never seen anything like this.

Edited by - porkbone1 on 02/26/2004 20:02:14
Go to Top of Page

Amazed
- FB Fan -

178 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2004 :  23:14:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What was that you said porkbone1? Not like anyone was telling people here that this was gonna happen! *sigh*
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2004 :  00:25:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the $280 has a lot to do with the fact that there were only a couple auctions remaining once Ticketmaster/eBay started removing them. A mere three days ago, two 9th row seats sold for a "mere" $180. Not that I really disagree with Amazed ... and prices HAVE gone up ... I just think the $280 skews the scale a bit (and actually, it was $260, and two other tickets sold at the same time for ONLY (!) $200 a piece).
Go to Top of Page

Qris
- FB Fan -

Canada
31 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2004 :  00:33:16  Show Profile  Visit Qris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like the one tick idea but I am pretty far down.
i would give up a chance at a theoretical ticket if it got a list member in. I am more hesitant to give up the simple lottery idea if (like me) everyone is trying to get in friends/family/loanshark/etc.
So I propose anyone in the B list who does not have a ticket for themselves (and I am not one of these) be considered A list for one ticket - then we lottery the remaining tickets evenly.

www.qris.net
Go to Top of Page

porkbone1
= Cult of Ray =

USA
390 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2004 :  04:43:39  Show Profile  Visit porkbone1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Amazed --

Your point all along has been to buy tickets to ANY show (especially Saskatoon!) and get there any way you can, to which I agree. What I find interesting, however, is that there are so many other tickets on ebay -- just none for THIS show. Why is that? Did Ticketmaster really get involved? If so, why aren't all the other auctions affected?

The nice thing about ebay is you can use it to gauge the street value of stuff -- but in this case you can't. What amount of money would someone have to give you for you to sell your tickets to this show? Is there a price?
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2004 :  08:53:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What makes it interesting is that you have basically one kind of one kind of buyer at this point in the game -- the die-hard Pixies fan -- and about three kinds of sellers. How do you gauge the value? You have --

1) Those who aren't selling -- their tickets are their own and they do NOT want to give them up. Value? Priceless.
2) Scalpers -- most probably don't know a Wave of Mutilation from a Motorway to Roswell. Value? "Uh, what can I get for this ticket?"
3) And of course, those on this thread who have extras mainly because of the pact before the sale to do a "group buy" thing so as to spread the Ticketmaster karma as evenly as possible. But I guess this is an isolated group that doesn't really affect the market. Well actually, we do ... we create slightly fewer after-market buyers that would otherwise drive the prices up even higher.

My point? I've forgotten already. Oh yeah ... I agree with porkbone, the market value is not nearly so cut and dried as with most tickets out there, or even the other shows on the warm-up tour :)
Go to Top of Page

obijohngordon
- FB Fan -

Canada
34 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2004 :  12:39:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings! I'm new to the forum; I would have joined sooner but I've had some technical difficulties. Although I have been checking the posts about five times a day .

I'm a Winnipegger, huge Pixies fan, and extremely extroverted. I'll try to help out with any questions about the 'peg. Also, I do a pop music show at the U of Manitoba on Tuesdays (see below). Sometimes it's prerecorded, sometimes live, depends on my work schedule. I plan on doing a Pixies special on April 13th. If I'm able to do it live, then I invite you all down to the station to join me on air.

Here's my two cents worth regarding ongoing discussions:
-Pick a hotel downtown, more to do; Marlborough is your best bet. Although getting downtown from the airport is fast and cheap.
-My companions and I are hitting the King's Head for the preshow. I look forward to meeting you all. I'm thinking about putting together a Pixies reunion guest book; please sign!!
-I hope your ticket sharing works out for all. That is one brilliant idea. Scalpers be damned!
-Yes, it sucks that the venue is not designed for moshing. However, the BCT is an excellent venue. Great sound and sight lines and intimate. I believe they extend the stage or add seats up front; either way the orchestra pit is a non factor.

I still feel like this is all a dream .

Check out my show! "Pop Infusion" Tuesdays, 4-5pm CST on 101.5 UMFM or umfm.com
Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2004 :  14:57:14  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I feel so out of the loop lately. I haven't been looking at the board for the last few days because I've been moving. Well, I have finally set up my PC and this was of course the first place I had to look. I'm planning to pick my tickets up tomorrow and hopefully everyone else who got tickets for me will do the same. I'll keep you guys posted on when I have them and stuff.

-----------------------
http://www.geocities.com/kittridge1/
Go to Top of Page

Ediger
- FB Fan -

Canada
46 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2004 :  15:24:48  Show Profile  Click to see Ediger's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ok, I guess my last response didnt go through. anyway, I'm most definately in for getting only 1 ticket. Anything to improve my odds of actually going to this show.
Go to Top of Page

Gratefuljason3
- FB Fan -

60 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2004 :  16:14:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Your tickets have been printed.

Your tickets were shipped via standard Canada Post mail. Items shipped in this way will arrive at least 48 hours prior to the event.

This is what the tickemaster.ca website told me today. Woohoo!
Go to Top of Page

shineoftheever
> Teenager of the Year <

Canada
4307 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2004 :  16:24:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Watch out for rogue posties!

wade on!
Go to Top of Page

porkbone1
= Cult of Ray =

USA
390 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2004 :  17:46:29  Show Profile  Visit porkbone1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We haven't really discussed this lately, but wasn't the general consensus that we were going to the Albert before the show? They were going to be playing all Pixies music? And many people who want to be nearest the venue were talking about either the Delta or the Malborough for hotel... now that we almost have the ticket situation figured out, did anyone try and get a group rate for either of these hotels? I know someone else got one near the airport...but I'd rather be within walking distance of the venue, etc..
Go to Top of Page

porkbone1
= Cult of Ray =

USA
390 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2004 :  17:51:11  Show Profile  Visit porkbone1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Roomloo --

Yeah, you're right the tickets were $260, but the dude was charging $20 each for shipping. I had no idea that it cost that much to ship a little piece of cardboard in the mail. He must be putting the ticket in a steel box.

Chris
Go to Top of Page

jackanapes
- FB Fan -

237 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2004 :  18:17:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First dibs on the Pixies limited edition steel box ticket mailer.
Go to Top of Page

Kyle
- FB Fan -

14 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2004 :  18:25:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A friend of mine went to pick up his tickets the other day and they guy said that you couldn't pick them up until the 29th.

As for the hotels, clarion is a good hotel, but not close to the venue.

As for what we do first, doesn't matter to me. Albert is fine, kinds head is also good. I think its reasonable to to do one before and the other after.
Go to Top of Page

gunner
- FB Fan -

Canada
128 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2004 :  18:35:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
King's Head has great food. If you want to chow down before the show, go there. It is also more spacious. It has two floors. You can chat, play darts, play pool or just sit and mellow out before the show. I will be at the King's Head along with ObiJohn and some others.
Go to Top of Page

liffey
- FB Fan -

36 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2004 :  23:24:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey i just was wondering if anyone here is coming from upstate new york, or along the way to winnipeg from there. That way i could give my ticket and pick that person up too because i have an extra space in my car...just an idea
Go to Top of Page

porkbone1
= Cult of Ray =

USA
390 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2004 :  08:08:04  Show Profile  Visit porkbone1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How long is that drive from upstate NY? I wonder, is Mattb driving as well from Toronto? You guys are some serious road-trippers! I looked at the map, and there doesn't seem to be much in-between there and Winnipeg, is there?
Go to Top of Page

beatnik
- FB Fan -

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2004 :  08:56:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You two bring up a good topic. It really should have a thread all its own. See "Road Trip Central."
Go to Top of Page

debaserjones
- FB Fan -

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2004 :  10:53:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by roomloo

The ticket exchange outlook is looking really good right now, folks. That's 18-19 re-confirmed tickets, which would be 34-35 with Matt's added in there. Throw in a few of the tentatives and we might have around ten extras for the post-sale list (I'm hesitant to bring up that last part because it would suck to get anyone's hopes up only to let them down ... just temper your expectations but know there is hope).

---- original people needing tickets (* means confirmed -- PLEASE let us know if your name is here with no asterisk) ----
* RussT (need 2)
* The Champ (needs 3)
* jackanapes (needs 2)
* deaddack (need 1)
* jvince (need 2)
* roomloo (need 2-3, probably 2)
* ziggystardust (need 2)
* indarkjoy (need 2)
* selfescape (need 2)
* Alpha Soixante (need 2)
* Pixiesarethegreatest (need 2-3, willing to settle for 2)
* Kyle (needs 2)
* Prozacrat (needs 2)
====== Total: 26-28

---- post-sale people needing tickets -----
* johnny_4_president (need 2)
* debaserjones (2-4)
* boseph (1)
* rexella (3)
* gkd (3, willing to settle for 1 or 2)
* qris (2)
* travolante (3)
* Ediger (2)
* mjazac (4)
* hhands (1)
* Alec E (1)
====== Total: 22-26

---- extras (*= confirmed, **=re-confirmed since 2/22/04) ----
** EdBudd (4)
** surferben (2)
** Havalina (2)
* MattB (16)
** GratefulJason3 (3)
havinganyfun (1 - tentative)
** solace (2/3)
chrischob (1 - tenatative)
** liffey (1)
deathorglory (2 - tentative)
* kelly (1)
** brysonmeunier (2)
** porkbone1 (2)
====== Total: 38-39
====== Total confirmed: 35-36
====== Total re-confirmed: 18-19

Hey roomloo...
If you just want to put me down as wanting 3... I decided it would be too greedy to ask for the fourth person if I got the post-sale lottery at all... Driver friend, girlfriend, myself, that's the gang.. so if you could do that, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks,
debaserjones

Edited by - debaserjones on 03/09/2004 18:36:24
Go to Top of Page

havinganyfun
- FB Fan -

Canada
25 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2004 :  12:06:36  Show Profile  Click to see havinganyfun's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i've been from winnipeg to toronto and back many times, if anyone is doing it and not going through the states, i would highly recommend they change their mind, as going through ontario you get lots of single lane bs, in the states you'll get a lot of interstate, plus more in between. it is much faster if the american route is taken.

give them blood and they'll love you for it
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2004 :  09:26:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good news for indarkjoy and for us -- I just got an e-mail and she has been taken care of and can be taken off the list.

---- original people needing tickets (* means confirmed -- PLEASE let us know if your name is here with no asterisk) ----
* RussT (need 2)
* The Champ (needs 3)
* jackanapes (needs 2)
* deaddack (need 1)
* jvince (need 2)
* roomloo (need 2-3, probably 2)
* ziggystardust (need 2)
* selfescape (need 2)
* Alpha Soixante (need 2)
* Pixiesarethegreatest (need 2-3, willing to settle for 2)
* Kyle (needs 2)
* Prozacrat (needs 2)
====== Total: 24-26

---- post-sale people needing tickets -----
* johnny_4_president (need 2)
* debaserjones (3)
* boseph (1)
* rexella (3)
* gkd (3, willing to settle for 1 or 2)
* qris (2)
* travolante (3)
* Ediger (1)
* mjazac (4)
* hhands (1)
* Alec E (1)
====== Total: 22-24

---- extras (*= confirmed, **=re-confirmed since 2/22/04) ----
** EdBudd (4)
** surferben (2)
** Havalina (2)
* MattB (16)
** GratefulJason3 (3)
havinganyfun (1 - tentative)
** solace (2/3)
chrischob (1 - tenatative)
** liffey (1)
deathorglory (1 - tentative)
* kelly (1)
** brysonmeunier (2)
** porkbone1 (2)
====== Total: 37-38
====== Total confirmed: 35-36
====== Total re-confirmed: 18-19

Edited by - roomloo on 03/01/2004 20:42:09
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2004 :  09:36:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By the way, if anyone I haven't heard from yet would like to share their geographic info, pass it along to me in case we can use it for buyer/seller matching. I'm missing info from:

The Champ - Buyer (3)
selfescape - Buyer (2)
Kyle - Buyer (2)
EdBudd - Seller (4)
Havalina - Seller (2)
deathorglory - Seller (2)
Kelly - Seller (1)

So far I have a few buyers from Winnipeg and no sellers ... if there's a seller or two in there from Winnipeg that would be especially helpful.
Go to Top of Page

robnas
- FB Fan -

Canada
13 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2004 :  12:31:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all nice site here been reading the forums for the last couple of weeks. Coming up from Thunder Bay to see the show got section t seats. Just wondering if anyone wants to meet up before the show and where would be a good hotel to stay at. I have only been to winnipeg a few times dont know my way around. Also is anyone planing to tape the show what happens if you get caught cause i am thinking of taping the show but if you get caught and they rip yuou tick up i donno if i would chance it. looking forward to the show and maybe meeting some fellow fans .
Go to Top of Page

jackanapes
- FB Fan -

237 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2004 :  12:37:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Robnas, can't blame you for not reading this really long thread. Get together at the Albert and the Kingshead before the show. People are staying at the Marlborough downtown. Someone scored a group rate at the Clarion for 99 bucks a night. Just mention the Pixies group rate. Lookking forward to meeting the fans.
Go to Top of Page

deathorglory
- FB Fan -

10 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2004 :  14:03:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by roomloo

By the way, if anyone I haven't heard from yet would like to share their geographic info, pass it along to me in case we can use it for buyer/seller matching. I'm missing info from:

The Champ - Buyer (3)
selfescape - Buyer (2)
Kyle - Buyer (2)
EdBudd - Seller (4)
Havalina - Seller (2)
deathorglory - Seller (2)
Kelly - Seller (1)

So far I have a few buyers from Winnipeg and no sellers ... if there's a seller or two in there from Winnipeg that would be especially helpful.

1 of the 2 extra tickets that i have is definately taken, i still wont know for a few weeks about the other one
Go to Top of Page

Kyle
- FB Fan -

14 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2004 :  16:33:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey roomloo, I'm in winnipeg. If there isn't any sellers from winnipeg how will I go about getting my ticket. I trust everyone, but I would like to have the ticket in my hand well before the show. It wold suck to find out you don't have a ticket at the last minute.
Kyle
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2004 :  16:39:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kyle--

So far no Winnipeg sellers have identified themselves. However, we still have a month and a half until the show -- I don't see why this exchange can't be completed (including receipt of tickets) within a week or two, and even two weeks is well before the last minute. And for anyone who uses PayPal to do the transactions, they should (at least conceivably) get their tickets less than a week after their payment is sent, and considering that meeting someone face to face takes some coordination it's not like that is likely to save you more than a couple days overall, if any...

But yeah, we're moving as fast as we can here...

Dave
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2004 :  16:48:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And as for logistics, we can get into more detail with this later (and I'm sure people will have suggestions), but this is how I envision an ideal long-distance transaction carried out:

1 - Buyer is told which seller they are matched to.
2 - Buyer contacts seller, seller provides mailing address or PayPal address. PayPal would be ideal not just for speed considerations, but also if using a credit card you'll have that extra protection built in in case for whatever reason you don't get your tickets.
3 - Buyer sends seller an amount consisting of face value plus any service charges paid by the seller, then shipping charges.
4 - Seller sends buyer tickets ASAP.

As for 3 & 4:
I would advise everyone to send tickets by something a step or two above first class mail, with insurance and a tracking number. US Postal Service, Canadian Post, and FedEx can all give you this. First, insurance will provide you peace of mind in case the shipment is lost (and you should insure the tickets for street value, not face value -- insurance is cheap). Second, an insured parcel requires a signature from the recipient, which will bring complete closure to the transaction. And finally, the niceties of having a tracking number are self-explanatory.

Considering the importance of these tickets to everyone and the relatively low prices we're paying for them, I don't think too many buyers would be against throwing in an extra $5-15 for a more secure shipping method.

Edited by - roomloo on 02/29/2004 16:50:59
Go to Top of Page

SelfEscape
- FB Fan -

83 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2004 :  17:01:04  Show Profile  Visit SelfEscape's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Roomloo, Eau Claire, Wisconsin, 80 miles from minneapolis. Didnt know if you wanted a pm or whatever, just let me know if you need more info. Cool to know youre in minneapolis.
Go to Top of Page

gkd
- FB Fan -

13 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  10:25:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, any other people on the post-sale list have any feedback on my one ticket each proposal with extras put in a lottery? Or do you guys just want to try your luck?

Post your answers, I'm interested in the feedback
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  14:05:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So weird not to see 20 posts a day on this thread anymore. gkd's suggestion was one that definitely needs some discussion, and it should be of great interest to a lot of people. Because, I mean, people are still interested in um, getting tickets, right?

So, does anyone actually have tickets in hand yet? I thought they were supposed to be available yesterday, but we're not seeing the expected celebratory posts.

Man, the Davis people are slowing the forum down today. It's like Feb. 21 all over again...
Go to Top of Page

johnny_4_president
- FB Fan -

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  14:38:06  Show Profile  Visit johnny_4_president's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hey gkd & co.
i'm in a funny position in regards to the single-ticket-then-lottery proposal. mine's the first name on the post-sale list, so if that's the pecking order, i win. on the other hand, that's a pretty arbitrary distinction, and nobody wants to keep anybody else from a pixies show.
the thing is, in my case, the second ticket is kind of a make-or-break thing. i'll be travelling hundreds of miles to get there, in my buddy's car. without a ticket for him, i don't know how i'd convince him to cart my ass that far. so if we went through with your proposal, i'd really be waiting with baited breath to see if i got the extra ticket. if i didn't, i'd have to figure out if i wanted to be magnanimous and let him go instead of me ('cause he's the ride,) or bribe him into getting me there so he could wait outside while i was rocking, or just flushing the whole idea of seeing winnipeg.
i guess everybody's gonna have a different scenario, and maybe just one ticket for some folks won't be as apocalyptic as it is in my case. would love to hear other people's tales, there's no reason why this thread shouldn't be 76 pages long by april 14.
peace.

-> Disponibile <-
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 29 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000