Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 29

kromkamp
= Cult of Ray =

291 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  20:00:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats interesting... Does anyone know how the seats are numbered on the floor? Does each section start at 1 or is it 1 to ~25 as you go across the floor?

(Sorry, just want to visualize exactly where my seat is :) )

Go to Top of Page

jackanapes
- FB Fan -

237 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  20:03:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This site has become my life over the past few weeks. I remember coming home from work on Saturday and had more than 250 emails in my inbox. They were all replies to this thread.
73% sold to Winnipeggers. That sounds totally fair in my books. The fan base here is fantastic and we rarely get bands of this quality.
Go to Top of Page

Kyle
- FB Fan -

14 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  20:11:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been to a bunch of shows/events at the Walker/burton. The first balcony is pretty close to the stage. I've never been on the second balcony.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly
- FB Fan -

Canada
5 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  20:11:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kromkamp

Thats interesting... Does anyone know how the seats are numbered on the floor? Does each section start at 1 or is it 1 to ~25 as you go across the floor?

(Sorry, just want to visualize exactly where my seat is :) )

I think that each section starts at 1 going left to right (when you're facing the stage).
Go to Top of Page

porkbone1
= Cult of Ray =

USA
390 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  20:35:20  Show Profile  Visit porkbone1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A couple years ago I told someone, "You know, I used to think that people who paid like $250 to see Fleetwood Mac and crap were lame, but now that I think about it, I would easily pay $250 if the Pixies ever got back together."

It just occurred to me that I have tickets to see the Pixies and they were only 25 bucks each. This must be a mistake.
Go to Top of Page

kromkamp
= Cult of Ray =

291 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  20:37:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmm, thats not good. Seat 7 in section C would be almost at the very edge then.

Thats it! I'm not going anymore :) :)
Go to Top of Page

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1592 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  21:22:20  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I realize I just hit stage four, depression. Thank you all for your patience up to this point.
Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  21:24:04  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I too check this site numerous times a day now. It's actually interfering with my work but oh well the pxies are more important!

-----------------------
http://www.geocities.com/kittridge1/
Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  21:28:42  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I just want to say too that I'm honestly really looking forward to seeing all of you in Winnipeg, we've developed a sort of kinship in the last little while and it will be nice to see all our efforts come into fruition in Winnipeg. Post some pictures of how you guys look so we all know who to look for when we get there.

-----------------------
Go to Top of Page

Qris
- FB Fan -

Canada
31 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  23:53:13  Show Profile  Visit Qris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Some pix of fb and the c from the last time our boy was up in manitoba.
Cuz you've been good.

http://www.qris.net/frankblack/
Go to Top of Page

liffey
- FB Fan -

36 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  00:17:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Qris, what venue are those from?
Go to Top of Page

MiamiMb
- FB Fan -

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  08:36:25  Show Profile  Visit MiamiMb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't think the orchestra pit is normally that big. I was there last January to see Steven Wright, we had 1st row tickets (which for some reason meant they were actually 2nd row seats, I don't know if it's the same for this show) and there was only a few feet between us and the stage, maybe 7 or 8. So the first few rows must be removeable or something.

I would also check into Ticketmaster during the day of the show. We got our tickets for Steven Wright just a few hours before the show started. So they must've just become available at that moment because 1st row seats usually tend to go to the first few people that order tickets.

Also, the last 10 or so rows in the 2nd balcony aren't that good. You can just barely see the front of the stage, and there are umpteen dozen stairs to get up there, it's pretty high up. There also aren't seats up there, just benches, but that shouldn't really matter for a Pixies concert.

Has anyone heard anything about opening bands? There's a rumour that Sonic Bloom, a Winnipeg band, might be opening a few shows. That very well could be bullshit, but who knows?
Go to Top of Page

woodworm
- FB Fan -

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  09:54:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well i did manage to reserve a seat the minute they all went on sale
it was on the 6th row of the first balconey

i must say that i learned my credit card had a late charge come in friday
that i wasnt aware about, and i was a few dollars short
so....yes my card was declined

i will say this, to all those that got tickets
congrats!!! i hope you have an amazing time at the show
i blew it big time!
and believe me, this weekend i was depressed beyond belief at my stupidy
but maybe theres still hope

now i need your advice people
should i go an get a ticket on ebay?
im willing to pay 120 bucks or so
so i may have a chance
how do i know if im getting ripped off by fake tickets?
any advice?
please, anything would help

Go to Top of Page

Steak n Sabre
* Dog in the Sand *

Uzbekistan
1013 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  11:32:52  Show Profile  Visit Steak n Sabre's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So this is the thread that's slowing down the whole site....

The Cult of Frank: 14 Wins in a row!! ..
Go to Top of Page

greg
- FB Fan -

Canada
159 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  13:08:11  Show Profile  Click to see greg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hhands

I realize I just hit stage four, depression. Thank you all for your patience up to this point.

Why be depressed hhands????? Come to Victoria and see the show for free!!
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  13:40:47  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice pics!

Join the Cult of the Flying Pigxies - I'm A Believer!
Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  16:53:19  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So has anyone been able to pick up their tickets yet? I checked today and my account is still unbalanced.

-----------------------
Go to Top of Page

jackanapes
- FB Fan -

237 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  17:50:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think the opening band will be from Winnipeg. There is no way that something wouldn't have leaked by now.
Go to Top of Page

Qris
- FB Fan -

Canada
31 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  18:27:02  Show Profile  Visit Qris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks DaveN and Liffey!
Pix are from LeRendevous. Not many venues have such liberal and mature camera policies. "No flash and stay out of the way". Sigh.

Does anyone in Minneapolis know how 1stAvenue is for cameras? Heading there to see Neubauten and wouldn't mind a picture or 7.
As it is off topic please email me off list. qris@qris.net
thanks!
Go to Top of Page

chrischob
- FB Fan -

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  20:30:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In case people missed my other post, I got a group rate for the clarion hotel for people coming to the concert. Regular rate is $119 a room, for people coming to the show its $99. Its a new, very nice hotel in a good location close to lots of restaurants and shopping. I know its not dirst cheap but that price is in Canadian dollars and the hotel is a 4star hotel.

If you are interested give them a call and mention you want 'the Pixies' rate.

http://www.clarionhotelwinnipeg.com/

Chris Choboter
Go to Top of Page

solace
= Cult of Ray =

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  20:30:23  Show Profile  Visit solace's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave,

I'm still here :)

just was busy this past weekend, still have 2 (possibly a 3rd) for Winnipeg, don't sweat it :)

Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  20:35:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Schweet! You rock, man. And I will probably not even need the third anymore, so that would probably go to one of the people needing a single ticket...
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  20:40:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The ticket exchange outlook is looking really good right now, folks. That's 18-19 re-confirmed tickets, which would be 34-35 with Matt's added in there. Throw in a few of the tentatives and we might have around ten extras for the post-sale list (I'm hesitant to bring up that last part because it would suck to get anyone's hopes up only to let them down ... just temper your expectations but know there is hope).

---- original people needing tickets (* means confirmed -- PLEASE let us know if your name is here with no asterisk) ----
* RussT (need 2)
* The Champ (needs 3)
* jackanapes (needs 2)
* deaddack (need 1)
* jvince (need 2)
* roomloo (need 2-3, probably 2)
* ziggystardust (need 2)
* indarkjoy (need 2)
* selfescape (need 2)
* Alpha Soixante (need 2)
* Pixiesarethegreatest (need 2-3, willing to settle for 2)
* Kyle (needs 2)
* Prozacrat (needs 2)
====== Total: 26-28

---- post-sale people needing tickets -----
* johnny_4_president (need 2)
* debaserjones (2-4)
* boseph (1)
* rexella (3)
* gkd (3, willing to settle for 1 or 2)
* qris (2)
* travolante (3)
* Ediger (2)
* mjazac (4)
* hhands (1)
* Alec E (1)
====== Total: 22-26

---- extras (*= confirmed, **=re-confirmed since 2/22/04) ----
** EdBudd (4)
** surferben (2)
** Havalina (2)
* MattB (16)
** GratefulJason3 (3)
havinganyfun (1 - tentative)
** solace (2/3)
chrischob (1 - tenatative)
** liffey (1)
deathorglory (2 - tentative)
* kelly (1)
** brysonmeunier (2)
** porkbone1 (2)
====== Total: 38-39
====== Total confirmed: 35-36
====== Total re-confirmed: 18-19

Edited by - roomloo on 02/27/2004 10:56:02
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  20:46:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not to pour the love-fest on too thick or anything, but looking at the way the Vancouver re-distribution is going (basically, it's not), I feel even better about the people on this list. True, Vancouver tickets seemed a little harder to come by and there probably wasn't enough stress on the honor system of standing by your vow to give out your extras in return for being put on the list, but from what I gather not a single extra ticket has been promised to anyone after the sale. People near the top of the list are reporting a lot of "uh maybe, I'll let you know"'s, but no promises.

Pats on the back all around, all of you. We just need to make sure not to go too overboard in buying Matt et al drinks before the show ... remember, they need to be somewhat sober to enjoy it ;)
Go to Top of Page

porkbone1
= Cult of Ray =

USA
390 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  23:03:08  Show Profile  Visit porkbone1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, of the 74 current eBAY auctions for "pixies tickets" there are only 6 tickets for the Winnipeg show for sale. (They are now more expensive than Vancouver tickets). In a way this is encouraging for the Winnipeg show...does this mean that less scalpers actually got tickets, and more real fans are going? I certainly hope so.
Go to Top of Page

Havalina
- FB Fan -

23 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2004 :  07:21:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The charge has finally appeared on my credit card as well as of this morning. I've received no other confirmation though.
Go to Top of Page

jackanapes
- FB Fan -

237 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2004 :  10:17:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everything is within walking distance if you have enough time. On foot it's probably about 45 minutes. By cab about 10. By bus about 15.
It's a straight drive down portage ave and then 1 short block to the left. Wouldn't want to walk back all staggery and stuff. Even though it's straight Portage Ave is boring enough to make you want to pass out on the sidewalk.
Go to Top of Page

Gratefuljason3
- FB Fan -

60 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2004 :  10:21:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm at the Marlborough. It's right across a small parking-lot, less than a 30 second walk from the venue.
Go to Top of Page

Gratefuljason3
- FB Fan -

60 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2004 :  10:24:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hopefully there will be some other Pixies fans holed up there and I can have some company on the ride up to the Royal Albert.
Go to Top of Page

jackanapes
- FB Fan -

237 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2004 :  10:26:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marlborough would without a doubt be the best spot. 30 seconds to the show, 30 seconds to the Albert and about one minute to the Kingshead.
Go to Top of Page

RussT
- FB Fan -

30 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2004 :  11:16:15  Show Profile  Click to see RussT's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The Clarion Hotel is a good 10 minute car ride from the theatre. The Royal Albert is maybe a three minute walk or so.

quote:
Originally posted by faye in DC

Ha -- Logan -- just FYI there's nothing funnier than a man talking in the accent of a British female, in case you need to try and adopt another persona for calling the sweet theatre lady again. In the meantime, I've got a question for the Winnipeg residents. Is the Clarion hotel within walking distance of the venue? I don't plan to get wrecked or anything, but I'm not crazy about driving. I saw a few hotels that seemed closer. Are there other reasons I might not want to go with those places? Also, where is the Royal Albert relative to the venue? Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

SelfEscape
- FB Fan -

83 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2004 :  13:41:08  Show Profile  Visit SelfEscape's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok, i'm still having a nervous breakdown because I still haven't heard whats going on with the lottery or whatever. I still need two tickets for winnipeg, its going to be a 550 mile drive, god i just want to have tickets in my hand so we can get a hotel, etc....

I'm relying on all of you wonderful fb.net members, :)

RAHHHH
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2004 :  13:46:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Selfescape --

Yeah, it's probably buried back there someplace but we're just waiting until there are enough re-confirmed people to account for everyone on the original list. Once Matt re-confirms, that will put us at at least 34 re-confirmed, which is more than enough. He's waiting until he has tickets in hand (or maybe it was until is credit card is charged), and I think we're still aiming for this weekend. Matt can take all the time he wants though, because he is a god.

As long as nothing unexpected happens, everyone on the pre-sale list (that means you S.E.) should get tickets.
Go to Top of Page

SelfEscape
- FB Fan -

83 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2004 :  13:51:26  Show Profile  Visit SelfEscape's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks for posting that roomloo, coronary now averted, im waiting in anticipation but im still afraid im not going to get them.

WooT!
SelfEscape@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

porkbone1
= Cult of Ray =

USA
390 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2004 :  17:54:11  Show Profile  Visit porkbone1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Until we get our tickets, I think we are all a little afraid. I used to think that there was a better chance of NIRVANA getting back together than the Pixies. Or the Beatles, for that matter.

It would be cool if they had big pink pigs hanging from the lights above the band.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 29 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000