Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 29

Havalina
- FB Fan -

23 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  05:53:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by roomloo

But unless I missed it he/she never did check back in later, and now that I re-read it he/she didn't really specifically say that they'd be selling those extras to the list. He/she doesn't have any contact info on their profile, and so if they don't re-confirm by the ticket exchange I'd be pretty reluctant to match Havalina with a buyer. Buyer might get screwed, and not only that they'd have no way to get hold of Havalina...

So that might be two tickets off the list of tickets available, I dunno.

Sorry for not responding right away. I've been waiting to see the charge appear on my credit card. I talked to them this morning and the charge has been approved by my credit card but I am getting the "please call customer service" message when I check on my order at ticketmaster. Haven't been able to call them yet as Im at work.
To clarify, if there is no problem with the order (can't imagine why there would be, but who knows) I do have 2 extra tickets for people here to be distributed however the powers that be decide on.
oh, and Havalina=he

Edited by - Havalina on 02/24/2004 05:55:56
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  06:04:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry for being antsy Havalina ... not knowing anyone personally it's just easy to imagine that one person might forget / disappear, and since we have had INCREDIBLE luck with this so far (knock on wood -- Ticketmaster weirdness aside), I guess it was easy to imagine you would be that one person. I'm paranoid. Maybe we're all a little paranoid.

This list thing really has gone along amazingly well. Nobody has managed to piss anyone else off, and at this point I'm feeling pretty comfortable it will stay that way. What a good bunch of trustworthy chaps.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  06:39:48  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ok this is really weird. I just went to ticketmaster as soon as I got to wrk and the whole design of the site has changed. The order history is much more detailed and I no longer see the extra charge. In fact it looks like I got charged less because it is only showing $140 right now. I could have sworn the charge was like $143 or soemthing like that.

-----------------------
http://www.geocities.com/kittridge1/
Go to Top of Page

beatnik
- FB Fan -

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  06:58:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not like this helps much now but maybe it is good advice for the future. The Ticketfast option worked like a charm for me. I printed my tickets out 2 minutes after I purchased them which was a great feeling obviously. I was a bit skeptical when I chose to use it but I was very pleased with it and would recommend it in the future. CORRECTION: I did not "choose" to use Ticketfast. I was freaking out so badly that I just hit the first option given in an attempt at quickening the process.

Thanks to those people who responded to my thread requesting more info on all of you. I enjoyed reading about the few who responded. To those who didn't respond I'm sure you see the importance of it and are probably just concentrating on the whole ticket situation, which I totally understand. Perhaps though it would make sense to start another thread with my original post, or just write a similiar one yourselves and request the same information. It is going to be needed in the near future anyway for many on the board and will at the very least be helpful for those looking to meet up at the shows.
Go to Top of Page

Havalina
- FB Fan -

23 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  07:11:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No problem roomloo. :)
I'm paranoid as well, I'll feel alot better once i have the tickets in hand. I know I'd really be sweating if I got shut out on saturday; I'm glad I can help a couple of other people out here.

On a side note, has anyone been to this venue before? I have row 18 tickets and it looks to me (according to the seat chart) that there are only 18 rows on the floor? I'm not sure if that's bad or good.
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  07:12:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm 31 and got into the Pixies in college. Just before my freshman year I started watching 120 Minutes and saw the Here Comes Your Man video and remember thinking ... hmm. Nothing clicked. Bossanova came out shortly after and I bought the tape just because I was just starting out and didn't have much in my collection. I remember hearing the first couple songs on that tape and thinking "shit, this is nothing like Here Comes Your Man." I wasn't totally sure what to make of it at first, though ... Rock Music and even Cecilia Ann sounded (to me at that time) pretty harsh and booming. I kept listening now and then, also taped Doolittle off a suitemate, but nothing was really grabbing me by the throat until that December when I saw the Dig For Fire / Alison video. I can't explain it but something about seeing them move, something about the way the music acted as a backdrop to that video, made me see them in a whole new light. Suddenly I "got" this band and I was in love. The personality -- the mild cockiness, the subtle goofiness, the blend of soft and harsh in the music -- was perfect for me. I bought the Surfer Rosa/Come On Pilgrim CD and all of their singles shortly after and there was no turning back.

At this point I was still young and a little green -- I had never even been to a concert yet. In fact, concerts intimidated me. I was a total 19-year-old wuss but the idea of mosh pits kind of frightened me (it probably helps to explain that I didn't have a whole lot of friends yet who had been to concerts, so at this age the whole concept was as foreign to me as it might be to someone transported from the stone age). When I heard the Pixies were coming to town a year later I had somewhat mixed emotions. On the one hand I was all "yeah!" but on the other I was "uh oh." We drove from Galesburg, Illinois to Col Ballroom in Davenport Iowa on a snowy January night, and the first concert of my life will always be remembered as the greatest. And I did get over my trepidation, of course ... to this day I've seen about 250 concerts.

And oh ... I did mosh, and I loved it.

P.S. I still have the tattered Trompe Le Monde t-shirt from that show (the Eiffel Tower cartoon one), and I think I'll be wearing it to Winnipeg.

Edited by - roomloo on 02/24/2004 07:23:52
Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  07:33:39  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have amazing news everyone. So you know how we got charged that extra amount and it says tickets aren't available for pickup yet. Well, I just got of the phone with the supervisor of ticketmaster in Winnipeg and he said they are doing this to make sure that no one is selling their tickets on Ebay! He said they're cross checking the auctions on ebay with the purchases amde and cancelling the tickets that are being auctioned off or were auctioned off!! He also said anyone who managed to get through the system with more than 4 tickets to the same person will have their orders cancelled as well. What this means he says is that it is possible that those extra tickets although not that many will go on sale again. He did say though that many of them will go to the promoters though. He said that it will tkae a few days to check all the tickets but that they should be available for pick up this Friday instead of today.

Also and this is huge news!!! He said they are trying to convince the pixies to add a second show on the next day!!! He said that since they don't have a show on that day the theatre is working with them to play a second night.

-----------------------

Edited by - mattb on 02/24/2004 07:34:41
Go to Top of Page

deaddack
- FB Fan -

Canada
13 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  08:14:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i thought the pixies were playing in regina the next day, ticketmaster just isen't selling tickets for regina though.
Go to Top of Page

Gratefuljason3
- FB Fan -

60 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  08:20:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My credit card has been charged. It was listed on my statement this morning.
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  08:36:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's true deaddack ... I knew there was an open date in there but I forgot that it was the day after Regina, not before.

How could Ticketmaster/Cummings not know this? Bumbling fools.
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  08:39:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ugh, a scary thought ... I hope they didn't really mean they're trying to add a date the night BEFORE.
Go to Top of Page

jackanapes
- FB Fan -

237 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  08:47:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That would be cruel.
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  08:55:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does the theater office have a phone number? I assume it must but the yahoo.ca yellow pages aren't helping me.
Go to Top of Page

jackanapes
- FB Fan -

237 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  08:58:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
204 783 5330
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  09:00:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's the number yahoo.ca gave me for the Burton Cummings Community Centre (is that the same as the theater?) ... I called and the guy told me I had the wrong number.

And I know that's what I dialed because it's stored in my cell phone.
Go to Top of Page

jackanapes
- FB Fan -

237 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  09:04:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoops, needs me some mo coffee.
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  09:07:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, the ticket lady at the theater hasn't heard of this ... I figure if I called Ticketmaster it would be pretty random whether I got hold of someone who knew anything about it or not, so I won't bother. But if anyone happens to talk to TM customer service today, make sure you grill them about the actual date of this alleged second night for Winnipeg, and don't forget to mention the Pixies are playing Regina the next night...
Go to Top of Page

Gratefuljason3
- FB Fan -

60 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  09:34:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Interior of the Walker Theatre, circa 1907.
Go to Top of Page

brysonmeunier
- FB Fan -

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  10:31:58  Show Profile  Visit brysonmeunier's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by roomloo

On that topic, it would be awful if we ran the lottery and someone got stuck with a seller whose circumstances had changed and were no longer able to sell tickets. It's probably a day or so early for this since it doesn't sound like anyone's credit card charges have been finalized, but if you are a seller can you PLEASE confirm here or to me via e-mail that you are indeed selling the tickets to the list? I have the following down as confirmed, but I'd like everyone to be double-confirmed before the lottery:

* EdBudd (4)
* surferben (1)
* Havalina (2)
* MattB (16)
* GratefulJason3 (3)
* solace (2/3)
* liffey (1)
* brysonmeunier (2)
* porkbone1 (2)

I know a few on this list have reiterated a couple times that they're selling tickets, but since I didn't do a good job of writing it down please confirm once you have assurance that your transaction with Ticketmaster went through.

Also, anyone who went down as tentatively having tickets (the above list is only those who seemed pretty sure of it), don't forget to let us know once you know for sure!

Mark me as re-confirmed for 2. Ticketmaster.ca sez "Your tickets have been purchased and are in the process of being printed." Whoo!

Also, it appears as though the $140 charged to my card was Canadian dollars, which is only about $105 US. So the tickets come out to about $26 USD each. Try and get them from a scalper for that price and they'll break your kneecaps for fun. This lottery is genius, if I haven't said it before. Happy to be a participant. Wish I could do more.

Bryson
Founder/Proprietor/Vitiator
- the HEY cafe -
http://www.arnoldjacksontheband.com/pixies.htm
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  10:36:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Updated list. I'm putting Havalina as re-confirmed because I'm assuming his potential ticket problems are going to be solved just as everyone else's will.

---- original people needing tickets (* means confirmed -- PLEASE let us know if your name is here with no asterisk) ----
* RussT (need 2)
* The Champ (needs 3)
* jackanapes (needs 2)
* deaddack (need 1)
* jvince (need 2)
* roomloo (need 2-3, probably 2)
* ziggystardust (need 2)
* indarkjoy (need 2)
* selfescape (need 2)
* Alpha Soixante (need 2)
* Pixiesarethegreatest (need 2-3, willing to settle for 2)
* Kyle (needs 2)
* Prozacrat (needs 2)
====== Total: 26-28

---- post-sale people needing tickets -----
* johnny_4_president (need 2)
* debaserjones (2-4)
* boseph (1)
* rexella (3)
* gkd (3, willing to settle for 1 or 2)
* qris (2)
* travolante (3)
* Ediger (2)
* mjazac (4)
* hhands (1)
====== Total: 21-25

---- extras (*= confirmed, **=re-confirmed since 2/22/04) ----
** EdBudd (4)
** surferben (2)
** Havalina (2)
* MattB (16)
** GratefulJason3 (3)
havinganyfun (1 - tentative)
* solace (2/3)
chrischob (1 - tenatative)
** liffey (1)
deathorglory (2 - tentative)
* kelly (1)
** brysonmeunier (2)
** porkbone1 (2)
====== Total: 38-39
====== Total confirmed: 35-36
====== Total re-confirmed: 16

Edited by - roomloo on 02/24/2004 19:58:38
Go to Top of Page

pixiesarethegreatest
- FB Fan -

10 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  10:57:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FYI. I read this in the Winnipeg Sun Newspaper while eating my lunch today:

Those Pixie tix could turn to dust
By ROB WILLIAMS, ENTERTAINMENT REPORTER

Don't get scalped by the Pixies. Tickets for the Boston band's reunion show in Winnipeg are being auctioned on EBay for as much as $150 US each, and some of them aren't even real.

"One of the Pixies seats a guy is claiming to have, he absolutely doesn't. There is no way he has those seats," says Richard Faircloth, Ticketmaster Manitoba assistant general manager.

Tickets for the seminal alt-rock band's April 14 show at the Burton Cummings Theatre -- their first since breaking up more than 10 years ago -- sold out in three minutes and 27-seconds on Saturday, a new record for the 1,600 seat venue.

Of those, 73% were bought by Winnipeggers; 3% from elsewhere in Manitoba; 11% from elsewhere in Canada; 13% from the U.S. and 0.3% from the U.K. The four tickets sold to the person in Britain are being offered online.

But if you want to purchase tickets on EBay you have to obey Manitoba's ticket resale law, which states you cannot sell tickets for more than the retail price.

$35-PLUS BID A NO-NO

You can sell tickets above the retail price if you live outside of the province but you can't sell them to anyone in Manitoba. If you are a Manitoban resident, you will not be allowed to bid for tickets selling for more than $35 Canadian.

EBay security will take down your auction if they learn you are a Manitoban resident selling or buying tickets against their policy.

Ticketmaster officials monitor each concert they sell tickets for and inform EBay of any infractions.

"We're following it closely. We want to know what's going on out there in the market and secondly we want to make sure people are not buying counterfeit tickets," Faircloth says. "Then again anybody can log on and lie. What's EBay going to do?"

Because ticket bar codes can be printed on home computers, some customers have been scammed in the past by unscrupulous sellers who print off more than one copy of the same ticket. Only the first ticket at each venue will be honoured, making some tickets worthless.

"If it turns out what you're buying is fraudulent it's pretty hard to get your money back," Faircloth says.

Winnipeg police don't monitor sites like EBay but sometimes have undercover officers at events to arrest scalpers depending on manpower, says spokesman Bob Johnson.

FEW COMPLAINTS

"The trouble is there are not a lot of people who complain about it because usually the person who is buying the ticket is prepared to pay whatever the scalper is charging," he says.

There were eight auctions on EBay yesterday for tickets ranging from $62 US for one ticket to $299 US for two tickets. All sellers were from the U.S., except the person from the UK, who spelled Winnipeg wrong.
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  11:00:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a really interesting story.

Really too bad it only applies to Manitoba, but heck, I'll take it.
Go to Top of Page

Amazed
- FB Fan -

178 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  11:17:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we have the same laws in alberta too
Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  11:51:58  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Every province has the same laws.

-----------------------
Go to Top of Page

jvince
- FB Fan -

Canada
88 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  12:12:20  Show Profile  Click to see jvince's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I was a little late getting to the Pixies. I first heard "Debaser" on a late-night flight between Ottawa and Winnipeg in '96. As sleepy as I was, I found the song title and the band in the enRoute Magazine and have been hooked ever since. I'm young, 21, that's why I first missed out on the Pixies. I own every longplay but none of the singles, unfortunately. I've e-mailed Muchmusic's "The Wedge" program because it's the only good program on that channel that'll play Pixies videos (Since 2001, they've played "Debaser" 3 times, "Alec Eiffel" once, "Monkey Gone To Heaven" once, and "Velouria" once). I have a taped copy of the Wedge's piece-de-resistance - the episode hosted by Frank Black and The Catholics. Despite my age, I have never gone to see a live show. Never seen a concert. Upon hearing of the Pixies reunion, I decided to see my first concert. Hopefully, if luck is with me, this Winnipeg concert will be my first concert and it'll be with the Pixies. I've waited for this moment for a long time. I look forward to getting buzzed and singing along to "Dig For Fire".
Go to Top of Page

Gratefuljason3
- FB Fan -

60 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  12:56:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Also, it appears as though the $140 charged to my card was Canadian dollars, which is only about $105 US. So the tickets come out to about $26 USD each. Try and get them from a scalper for that price and they'll break your kneecaps for fun.

That was definately a pleasant surprise as I checked my credit card statement this morning. My total was $105(US), as well. My four tickets to Regina were only $88.00(US).
Go to Top of Page

liffey
- FB Fan -

36 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  13:33:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone else keep compulsively checking this thread looking for new developments? It's sick, I must come to this thread twenty times a day.
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  13:39:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can always subscribe to the topic :)
Go to Top of Page

beatnik
- FB Fan -

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  15:06:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jvince- You are going to have your concert cherry broken by the Pixies no less. Well they say you never forget your first and in this case I'm sure that will be true : )

liffey- no, you are not the only one. I was checking the site constantly since the reunion was announced and even though I have tickets to 4 shows I am still nervous that I am going to miss something. That, and I am just so excited (and this is sad, I know) to read a discussion from people in the process of buying Pixies tickets. The whole thing still feels so surreal. I mean, I live in NJ and I bought tickets to four shows in another country and I still don't know the logistics of how I am going to pull it off! I just know that I must.
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  15:50:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will admit that this site has become disconcertingly familiar to me in the past couple weeks. It's integrated into my being. And in spite of subscribing to the few topics I'm most interested, that doesn't really stop me from checking 20+ times a day :)
Go to Top of Page

porkbone1
= Cult of Ray =

USA
390 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  17:12:10  Show Profile  Visit porkbone1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am re-confirming that I have 2 extra tickets, although Mattb had expressed an interest in buying my 2 extras instead and adding his original 2 to the pool. Might want to check with him before the lottery (plus, he has 16 tickets)

Chris
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  17:29:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll put you down Chris -- the most important thing is we know how many total will be available, an I am assuming that between the two of you there will be 18 regardless.

I'm hoping to hear back from Solace, though. We had been e-mailing in the event that we got matched up on location, and I haven't heard from him in a couple days. I had been thinking of you as my fallback to still get tickets face-to-face if Solace backed out ... I don't want to lose both of you now, you both have pretty nice seats :)

Edited by - roomloo on 02/24/2004 17:37:21
Go to Top of Page

porkbone1
= Cult of Ray =

USA
390 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  18:09:29  Show Profile  Visit porkbone1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am not sure how close the balcony starts, but if you look at the seating chart (especially where the "Loges" are) it looks like the balcony might be as close as 7th or 8th row.

Check out this sorry picture:

http://www.vanceromane.com/90-008.htm

It's a Hypnotist!! Anyway, look at how close the balcony looks compared to the picture from 1907. Apparently when the place opened it only had 1100 seats, so the balconies appeared to get bigger. So anyway I'm pretty stoked about being in those seats.
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  18:22:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That looks awesome. It's kind of cool how the theater is such a mystery to everyone ... we'll never know for sure what we're getting until we're actually inside.

Thinking about it, I'm seeing at least three shows so where I sit at the Cummings isn't that important. The big deal for Winnipeg is being there. I'm pretty stoked for the pre-show festivities as well.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly
- FB Fan -

Canada
5 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  18:52:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I will have one extra ticket to contribute. My credit card has been charged but the tickets have not yet been printed.

Here's another picture of the theatre:

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 29 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000