Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 29

Gratefuljason3
- FB Fan -

60 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  18:45:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was exposed to the Pixies at the age of ten. My cousin had moved to Texas from Florida and was in need of some extra money, so she watched me and my sister after school until my parents came home. She was into the Violent Femmes, Pixies, Mudhoney, Clash, etc. I still have tapes of Surfer Rosa, Bossanova, Trompe Le Monde, Pod, & Frank's self titled from back in the day. I'm uncertain as to when I became obsessed, but it was definately over a period of years. I'm 21 now, and I am employed as an accountant for my father's company. I'm also a landlord. I've played the guitar since the age of 11. I've seen Frank in concert 6 times, four solo, dos con los cathlicos, but never with the Pixies. I'm also the proud owner of an orange .6mm Dunlop turtle pick Frank threw off the stage at McCabe's. Heh. I currently reside in Houston, TX and will be flying to Winnipeg the morning of the show. I'll be at Regina and Saskatoon, as well.
Go to Top of Page

SelfEscape
- FB Fan -

83 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  19:15:43  Show Profile  Visit SelfEscape's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm still needing two for this show, mattb thats a excellent idea for payment. Hopefully i'll still be able to get one for this through everyones generosity :)
Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  19:21:21  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by porkbone1

Mattb -

I have no problem if you want to get my 2 tickets and put your others in the pool. The location would be the absolute best for taking pictures, as far as unobstructed view is concerned. Plus it would be a bonus to know we have some true Pixies fans next to us. Of course we don't **actually** have the tickets yet, but my credit card has an authorization hold on it which equals $143 CAD!!

Chris

Porkbone,

That's awesome! Thanks so much. I take it since no one has posted nobody is opposed to us doing this? I'll send you an email to work everything out.

-----------------------
http://www.geocities.com/kittridge1/
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  19:27:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey SelfEscape, where in Wisconsin are you? Trying to fill out my list for matching buyers and sellers.
Go to Top of Page

Manny
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
252 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  19:36:11  Show Profile  Click to see Manny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Qris

can't think of anywhere other than Burger King that sells poutine. There might be places in StBoniface. Maybe one of the Montrealers can bring some in their carry-on? Or are their post-9/11 poutine restrictions I am not taking into account?

I'll see what I can do about the poutine....

Btw, I don't have an extra ticket. the second one i got was my brother's. Suppose I should have tried to get the max. Ah well.
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  19:45:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the update, Manny. Especially because I had you down as confirmed.

On that topic, it would be awful if we ran the lottery and someone got stuck with a seller whose circumstances had changed and were no longer able to sell tickets. It's probably a day or so early for this since it doesn't sound like anyone's credit card charges have been finalized, but if you are a seller can you PLEASE confirm here or to me via e-mail that you are indeed selling the tickets to the list? I have the following down as confirmed, but I'd like everyone to be double-confirmed before the lottery:

* EdBudd (4)
* surferben (1)
* Havalina (2)
* MattB (16)
* GratefulJason3 (3)
* solace (2/3)
* liffey (1)
* brysonmeunier (2)
* porkbone1 (2)

I know a few on this list have reiterated a couple times that they're selling tickets, but since I didn't do a good job of writing it down please confirm once you have assurance that your transaction with Ticketmaster went through.

Also, anyone who went down as tentatively having tickets (the above list is only those who seemed pretty sure of it), don't forget to let us know once you know for sure!

Edited by - roomloo on 02/22/2004 19:47:10
Go to Top of Page

porkbone1
= Cult of Ray =

USA
390 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  20:43:20  Show Profile  Visit porkbone1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I grew up near Seattle, and in 1988 I got a copy of a demo tape from a band nobody had ever heard of called Nirvana. As a long-time fan of grunge and heavy metal I thought it was unbelievable. I spent the next 3 years trying to find more music like this band (who remained totally obscure until one strange day in 1991).

I met a girl in High School (January 1993) and she listened to this wierd band called the Pixies. When I heard Surfer Rosa my head exploded. I immediately bought every CD and single I could from this group, only to hear they broke up shortly thereafter. I married my girlfriend a couple years later, and for 11 years she has fed me the same line:

"At least I got to see the Pixies live (twice)! HAHA!"

Obviously, I have waited for this concert for 11 years.

We now live in Wisconsin and will be driving about 430 miles to the show. I am 26 and my wife is 28.
Go to Top of Page

liffey
- FB Fan -

36 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  22:26:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm near Buffalo, and this is me "double-confirming" my ticket. I'll be either driving or flying up, I haven't decided which yet. But from looking at the list, it looks like everyone who signed up before the onsale time are going to be taken care of, right?

Ok, here's my story. In high school one of my friends who had always introduced me to great music one day started insisting that I listen to the Pixies. So I did, and the rest is history. I've seen Frank Black three times and each time was amazing, though this concert is obviously in a different league. My favorite Pixies album is Trompe Le Monde and my favorite song is Motorway to Roswell. I really want them to play that. I think I like Teenager of the Year the best though out of all of Charles' projects. My favorite item of memorabilia is my Frank Black guitar string, that broke in mid song, and then was discarded onstage. I snatched it up when the show ended.

Here's something interesting. I used to go to school with this kid named Chris Thompson, and it turns out that he is either Frank's cousin or nephew (I can't remember which). Though apparently the two never knew each other that well, only meeting a few times when Chris was younger. Still, I thought that was an interesting Frank connection.
Go to Top of Page

Petkau
- FB Fan -

3 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  22:43:07  Show Profile  Visit Petkau's Homepage  Reply with Quote
P O U T I N E ! ! !

...can be purchased at any George's or Junior's outlet. But yeah, if you want authentic poutine, go to Quebec. Now, if you want authentic verenika (perogies), you're coming to the right place.

Well howdy forumers. I've been scoping this site out for a couple weeks, and would like to say that I succeeded (thanks to a friend) in getting a ticket to this PegCity show. I hit "purchase" online at 10:03 only to be denied.

You're great for sharing the extras amongst you with fellow forumers. Not many examples of such rabid comraderie around anymore.
Go to Top of Page

Petkau
- FB Fan -

3 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  22:47:21  Show Profile  Visit Petkau's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Also, a little background info on the city for those making the trek.

Downtown is still pretty dead, though things are turning around. The 'hoods surrounding downtown are where stuff is happening. Make sure to check out:
The Exchange District
Osborne Village
Corydon
St. Boniface
The Forks

That will make your stay in our city a fair one. Gouge away.
Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  04:50:45  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Roomloo,

I won't be confirming until I have the tickets in my hands. I'll be picking all of them up tomorrow except for 4 which I'll have to wait until the weekend to get since the guy who got those 4 for me is leaving for Vancouver today and won't be back until Saturday.

-----------------------
Go to Top of Page

zooklaw
- FB Fan -

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  06:20:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I managed to get one ticket, looks like the drama I had with my roommate yesterday was justification of why I'm making the trip from Minneapolis to Winnipeg alone now. I got first balcony, left side I believe. Anybody else from MN wanna meet up before the show, I'm staying overnight, dunno where yet.
Go to Top of Page

johnny_4_president
- FB Fan -

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  06:23:04  Show Profile  Visit johnny_4_president's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the fact that people are creating a needs/have tickets exchange, in an orderly fashion, without bitterness, or succumbing to the profit motive, has restored my faith in humanity. at least those of us who listen to the pixies. from the looks of the list, this might be just crazy enough to work. wow.

-> Disponibile <-
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  06:38:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Updated list:

---- original people needing tickets (* means confirmed -- PLEASE let us know if your name is here with no asterisk) ----
* RussT (need 2)
* The Champ (needs 3)
* jackanapes (needs 2)
* deaddack (need 1)
* jvince (need 2)
* roomloo (need 3)
* ziggystardust (need 2)
* indarkjoy (need 2)
* selfescape (need 2)
* Alpha Soixante (need 2)
* Pixiesarethegreatest (need 2-3, willing to settle for 2)
* Kyle (needs 2)
* Prozacrat (needs 2)
====== Total: 27-28

---- post-sale people needing tickets -----
* johnny_4_president (need 2)
* debaserjones (2-4)
* boseph (1)
* rexella (3)
* gkd (3, willing to settle for 1 or 2)
* qris (2)
* travolante (3)
* Ediger (2)
* mjazac (4)
* hhands (1)
====== Total: 21-25

---- extras (*= confirmed, **=re-confirmed since 2/22/04) ----
** EdBudd (4)
** surferben (2)
* Havalina (2)
* MattB (16)
** GratefulJason3 (3)
havinganyfun (1 - tentative)
* solace (2/3)
chrischob (1 - tenatative)
** liffey (1)
deathorglory (2 - tentative)
kelly (?)
* brysonmeunier (2)
* porkbone1 (2)
====== Total: 38-39
====== Total confirmed: 34-35
====== Total re-confirmed: 10

Edited by - roomloo on 02/23/2004 15:00:55
Go to Top of Page

gkd
- FB Fan -

13 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  08:57:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poutine...

There's good poutine at the Paladin restaurant on DesMeurons in St. Boniface (the restaurant is about 10 min east of downtown). Actually, all of their food is really good home-cooked type stuff. I also recommend the tortiere (meat pie).

Take care
gkd
Go to Top of Page

EdBudd
- FB Fan -

63 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  09:11:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I still have 4 tickets. Who needs them?
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  09:14:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ed,

We'll be distributing tickets hopefully this week, so just hold tight. The idea is not for buyers to come forward with offers to the sellers ... our matchups and a lottery will take care of deciding who gets what. Of course, it's at your discretion, but our original impression was that you intended to throw your tickets into the pool and sell at face value.

I will put you down as a re-confirmed seller.

Thanks!
Dave

Edited by - roomloo on 02/23/2004 09:15:06
Go to Top of Page

EdBudd
- FB Fan -

63 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  09:16:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
gotcha
Go to Top of Page

beergeek
- FB Fan -

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  09:19:31  Show Profile  Visit beergeek's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry about nor replying earlier. I gave up hope on Winnepeg when I didn't get any tickets from ticketbastard. I did get ticket for Vancouver -- and since there's no way I can afford to go both places -- I happily give up any tickets reserved for me to another fan.

Thanks for putting me on the list -- I really appreciate it.

I wish I could be there for the first night -- but....

Thanks,
Jeff
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  09:22:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think we should wait until we either

a) have enough re-confirmed tickets to go around to the original list, or
b) decide that is not likely to happen

before we do matchups and a lottery. We can't get to point a) until enough sellers have re-confirmed, and I realize that with some people that means waiting until they have tickets in hand. Which is fine, we're not rushing the sellers at all. But let's shoot for Saturday/Sunday to do the distribution, unless things somehow take shape before then.
Go to Top of Page

surferben
- FB Fan -

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  11:26:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think that i will have 2 spare tickets. i wasn't sure who all was gonna be able to make it and what not. my father actually, was the one who got through for me, so when he gets his tickets i definitely will exchange the extras here. what is the exact method going to be- am i going to send to the person who pulls my name in the lottery or something? this might have been covered in this topic somewhere but i haven't noticed (15 pages means a lot of reading that i have recently just been skimming). so i guess this is official reconfirmation.

and now i'm living in the cold but i'm looking for the sign
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  11:44:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good deal surferben, I'll put you down as confirmed. Although when you say you "think" you will have two spare tickets, out of curiosity do you think there's somewhat of a chance you won't have them to spare?

Once we match you with a buyer you guys exchange contact info and arrange however you see fit to perform the transaction. If you live near one of the buyers we will try to match you together so that you can perform the transaction in person if you prefer.

Edited by - roomloo on 02/23/2004 11:48:42
Go to Top of Page

Gratefuljason3
- FB Fan -

60 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  15:06:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been under the impression all this time that I had third row seats. When I looked at my section and row again, while looking at the venue layout, I noticed that I'm on the 2nd balcony! Man, I was way off. Ah well, at least I have a seat and a few extras. I'm eternally grateful for that.
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  15:22:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would anybody happen to have contact info from the user Havalina? Shortly after the sale he posted this:

----
Yay!
Section C row 18

I have 2 extras.

I'll check back in later.
-----

But unless I missed it he/she never did check back in later, and now that I re-read it he/she didn't really specifically say that they'd be selling those extras to the list. He/she doesn't have any contact info on their profile, and so if they don't re-confirm by the ticket exchange I'd be pretty reluctant to match Havalina with a buyer. Buyer might get screwed, and not only that they'd have no way to get hold of Havalina...

So that might be two tickets off the list of tickets available, I dunno.
Go to Top of Page

mzajac
- FB Fan -

Canada
14 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  17:39:06  Show Profile  Visit mzajac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Some important additions to the list of Winnipeg amenities. These are mostly inexpensive and informal, but all have top-quality food.

Falafel Place, 1670 Corydon Ave
Great for breakfast, deli sandwiches, falafel and other middle eastern food.

Stella's, 166 Osborne St in the Village
Another nice deli with bakery, they have vegetarian and vegan

VJ's Drive In, 170 Main St across from the Via Rail station
Best burgers in town to take away or eat in the car

Albert Street Burgers, 58 Albert St. near the Burton Cummings Theatre
Excellent burgers too, eat in the gallery across the street

Kum Koon Garden, 257 King St
Great dim sum, even in the middle of the week

New Hong Kong Snack House, 407 Notre Dame Ave
Get the chinese perogies and stewed pork noodle soup -- closed evenings

Double Greeting, 355 McDermot Ave
Chinese noodle house, closed evenings

Korean House Restaurant, 870 Logan Ave
Don't expect much English-language help, but the food is to die for and very inexpensive

Fort Garry Hotel, 222 Broadway
The Sunday brunch is about $38 CAD, but it is the very best I've been to. The Palm Room is very classy and serves a great martini

Go to Top of Page

mzajac
- FB Fan -

Canada
14 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  17:50:30  Show Profile  Visit mzajac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For those who are interested: local beer from darkest to lightest. These are available bottled and sometimes on tap. Web sites are at http://www.fortgarry.com/ and http://www.agassizbeer.com/

Fort Garry Dark Ale -- very dark but not as heavy as Guinness draft, my favourite
Agassiz Catfish Cream Ale -- yummy
Agassiz Bison Blonde Lager
Fort Garry Pale Ale
Fort Garry Frontier Pilsener -- good for casual drinking
Two Rivers Lager -- very light but tasty
Fort Garry Premium Light
Go to Top of Page

jackanapes
- FB Fan -

237 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  17:54:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fans in Winnipeg would also appreciate a huge influx of inexpensive american booze and smokes.

/Not Joking
Go to Top of Page

The Champ
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
736 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  18:01:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ya what are smokes their now like 12 bucks??
Go to Top of Page

jackanapes
- FB Fan -

237 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  18:07:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
10-11 bucks give or take. I smoke when I'm stressed and also for a little relaxation. The viscious cycle is now that they cost so much I'm smoking more because I'm stressed about what it's costing me.
I've booked 2 days off and I'm really looking forward to meeting you all.
Go to Top of Page

pixiesarethegreatest
- FB Fan -

10 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  18:26:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A good restaurant for late night chinese food is "Ken's Restaurant" at 333 Ellice. Pretty inexpensive, $8-$11/dish. The place is always packed after the bar's close.
Go to Top of Page

Amazed
- FB Fan -

178 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  02:49:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had that on my edmonton ticket it said delay charge 0.01
total billed 37.01
total charged 37.00

please call customer service

So I did and the response I got was they did that so the tickets couldnt be printed till pick up on the 26th of febuary..

I know I am as paranoid as hell till I have these tickets then I will be paranoid I will lose them or they combust!!

Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  04:40:39  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What the fuck is going on?!?! My order says this too. Why am I being charged for being delayed?

-----------------------
Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  04:52:43  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Amazed

I had that on my edmonton ticket it said delay charge 0.01
total billed 37.01
total charged 37.00

please call customer service

So I did and the response I got was they did that so the tickets couldnt be printed till pick up on the 26th of febuary..

I know I am as paranoid as hell till I have these tickets then I will be paranoid I will lose them or they combust!!

Did they give you a reason why you were charged extra?

-----------------------
Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  05:05:14  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Logan,

I just noticed the email you sent me last Friday. I thought it was just someone asking for tickets and didn't open it until today. I sent you a response.

-----------------------

Edited by - mattb on 02/24/2004 05:06:01
Go to Top of Page

porkbone1
= Cult of Ray =

USA
390 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  05:45:25  Show Profile  Visit porkbone1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It looks like the tickets just appeared on my credit card statement.

2/21/2004 TM-THE PIXIES CAN $107.09
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 29 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000