Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 29

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  10:48:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, those Ticketfast things do offer instant gratification but hopefully people chose to have them mailed. Only Calgary so far, I believe, did not have mailing as an option.

If some of those with extras can confirm they're getting theirs through the mail, that could help us relax a little. If not, no biggie ... I don't see any reason to believe anyone here isn't trustworthy. Matt for one seems like the real deal as far as I can tell.
Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  10:51:13  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Everyone keeps asking my about how I got so many tickets. Well it's simple as hell. I organized about ten people who had absolutely no interest in seeing the band search for tickets with me. 5 of them didn't get any but me and four others did. There's actually one person who hasn't contacted me yet so I'm not sure if htey got them or not. I made them all swear they will give me the tickets and not scalp them. Most were ok but two of them I had a screaming match with a few minutes after they got tickets when they decided to change their minds and say hey I could make tons of money off this. I convinced them otherwise basically by threatening them with the worst ass kicking they would ever get in their lives.

I won't lie and say I'm not tempted to sell a pair on ebay to pay for mine and my girlfriend's flight but fuck it, if I didn't get tickets I would want someone to be willing to sell me a pair for face value as well. Anyone who's on here and considering scalping don't, think about how pissed off you would be if you had to pay through your ass to go. The thing about the pixies is if you're a fan you would almost die for the band. Realize that everyone else who likes them feels the same way.

-----------------------
http://www.geocities.com/kittridge1/
Go to Top of Page

solace
= Cult of Ray =

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  11:03:53  Show Profile  Visit solace's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by liffey

Hey does anyone have any pictures of the inside of the Burton Cummings Theatre? I found these, but they didn't show the inside in too much detail.

http://www.cinematour.com/tour_ca.php?id=1028
http://winnipeg.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/View?filename=mb_walker20030410

sure hope it's way nicer inside, looks kinda ghetto outside, LOL!

not that i care, they could play in the desert or freezing tundra and i'd still be happy
Go to Top of Page

SelfEscape
- FB Fan -

83 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  11:07:15  Show Profile  Visit SelfEscape's Homepage  Reply with Quote
mattb, very well said. thanks for trying to help those of us who didnt get tickets.
Go to Top of Page

chrischob
- FB Fan -

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  11:07:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That picture of the outside is pretty old. If I get a chance I'll take a picture of what it looks like on the outside now and post it.

Chris Choboter
Go to Top of Page

solace
= Cult of Ray =

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  11:07:31  Show Profile  Visit solace's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mattb

I won't lie and say I'm not tempted to sell a pair on ebay to pay for mine and my girlfriend's flight but fuck it, if I didn't get tickets I would want someone to be willing to sell me a pair for face value as well. Anyone who's on here and considering scalping don't, think about how pissed off you would be if you had to pay through your ass to go. The thing about the pixies is if you're a fan you would almost die for the band. Realize that everyone else who likes them feels the same way.

-----------------------

couldn't agree more Matt, kudos to you!

there's not much in the world i hate more than scalpers. i love to fuck with all the local ones here in Minneapolis. they hate me, and know my face :)
Go to Top of Page

solace
= Cult of Ray =

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  11:09:13  Show Profile  Visit solace's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrischob

That picture of the outside is pretty old. If I get a chance I'll take a picture of what it looks like on the outside now and post it.

Chris Choboter

cool, thanks!

http://www.winnipeg-manitoba.com/Photos/walker-1.jpg

found that one, but it's not very good either
Go to Top of Page

chrischob
- FB Fan -

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  11:12:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think selling tickets to fans at face value gives you great karma. When I saw U2 in Calgary a couple years ago I ended up with a pair of extra floor seats. I could have scalped them to pay for my hotel or flight but I sold them to someone there who couldnt get tickets. The gods rewarded me with a guitar pick from Bono and lots of great pictures.

This week I thought about scalping my extra tickets but then I thought thatby thinking that I'd probably end up with none so if I ended up with extras I swore I'd sell them at face value.

Chris Choboter
Go to Top of Page

solace
= Cult of Ray =

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  11:15:22  Show Profile  Visit solace's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ok, so Frank and Company better be working on a kickass Guess Who cover, am i right????

how bout No Sugar/New Mother Nature? These Eyes? No Time? who's with me?? :D
Go to Top of Page

deathorglory
- FB Fan -

10 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  11:29:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i got 4...need 2 for sure, but i won't know about the other 2 for a few weeks when my friends can figure out their exam schedule
Go to Top of Page

deathorglory
- FB Fan -

10 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  11:30:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by solace

ok, so Frank and Company better be working on a kickass Guess Who cover, am i right????

how bout No Sugar/New Mother Nature? These Eyes? No Time? who's with me?? :D

maybe Burton will show up and play some cowbell, since it is his theatre and all
Go to Top of Page

solace
= Cult of Ray =

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  11:35:27  Show Profile  Visit solace's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hahahahaha, that would be the shit :)

random sidenote, my dad's band in high school opened up for the Guess Who in Grand Forks, ND in the late 60's
Go to Top of Page

Ediger
- FB Fan -

Canada
46 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  12:18:51  Show Profile  Click to see Ediger's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If I could PLEASE get on one of these lists for two tickets. I'm reliable and I'm willing to drive anywhere in the city to pick these tickets up from whoever wants to sell. Either that or I'll pay for postage or something if your out of town.
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  12:36:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since we're on a new page now, here's the updated list. I'll merely edit rather than re-post it until we reach page 14, so check back once in a while.

---- original people needing tickets (* means confirmed -- PLEASE let us know if your name is here with no asterisk) ----
* RussT (need 2)
* The Champ (needs 3)
* Taxman75 / LoganZ (needs 1)
* jackanapes (needs 2)
* deaddack (need 1)
* jvince (need 2)
* roomloo (need 3)
* ziggystardust (need 2)
indarkjoy (need 2)
beergeek (need 2)
porkbone1 (need 2)
* selfescape (need 2)
* Alpha Soixante (need 2)
Pixiesarethegreatest (need 3)
* Kyle (needs 2)
* Prozacrat (needs 2)

---- post-sale people needing tickets -----
* debaserjones (2-4)
* johnny_4_president (need 2)
* boseph (1)
* rexella (3)
* gkd (3)
* qris (1/2)
* travolante (3)
* Ediger (2)

---- extras ----
* EdBudd (4)
* surferben (1)
* Havalina (2)
* MattB (16)
* GratefulJason3 (3)
havinganyfun (?)
* solace (2/3)
* manny (1)
chrischob (1 - tenatative)
liffey (?)
deathorglory (2 - tentative)
kelly (?)
* brysonmeunier (2)

Edited by - roomloo on 02/21/2004 16:52:12
Go to Top of Page

Alpha Soixante
- FB Fan -

Canada
129 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  13:26:11  Show Profile  Visit Alpha Soixante's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's been mentioned before, but for inexpensive flights within Canada, try http://www.jetsgo.net/en/043sunday.shtm. Sunday mornings after 2am eastern they have some extremely low-priced flights.
Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  13:27:11  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Are thsoe cheap fares for flights leaving that week though or can you book flights a few months away say the middle of April?

-----------------------
Go to Top of Page

Manny
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
252 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  13:35:18  Show Profile  Click to see Manny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think it's just for that week. Maybe a little bit longer but definitely not months in advance.

Go to Top of Page

Alpha Soixante
- FB Fan -

Canada
129 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  13:40:24  Show Profile  Visit Alpha Soixante's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure, but the website doesn't say it's only for that week, so it's probably worth checking just to be sure.
Go to Top of Page

Manny
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
252 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  13:44:41  Show Profile  Click to see Manny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It's definitely worth checking. I'm still not sure which of the low budget airlines I'll go with. Jetsgo doesn't fly direct from Montreal so we'll see.
Go to Top of Page

Manny
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
252 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  14:20:23  Show Profile  Click to see Manny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I hope the view from the back of the first balcony poor. I don't want to have to bring one of those spy glass monocle things that they had in the 19th century.
Go to Top of Page

Manny
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
252 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  14:21:11  Show Profile  Click to see Manny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
err.. I mean ISN'T poor.
Go to Top of Page

chrischob
- FB Fan -

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  14:42:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We can start a separate thread on hotels maybe. If I can get an idea on how many rooms we need I'll try to get a group rate.

Chris Choboter
Go to Top of Page

havinganyfun
- FB Fan -

Canada
25 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  14:46:31  Show Profile  Click to see havinganyfun's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
the view from the most of the place is pretty good. first balcony should be good to see from.

give them blood and they'll love you for it
Go to Top of Page

The Champ
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
736 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  15:03:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey ya i could use 3 tickets if possible, whatevers possible and thanks for adding my name to the list, thank u all in advance, damn internet explorer crashed on me when i clicked on the seating plan
Go to Top of Page

Qris
- FB Fan -

Canada
31 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  15:12:56  Show Profile  Visit Qris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Downtown: Lois Riel is definately a good one at that price. Charter House is a small one across the street that is newly renovated and I understand to be a great value (both 5 mins from BCT). If driving i would push the Norwood which is a nice locally owned hotel in the French side of the city. Too far to walk to the theater but a quick drive... and it puts you near the forks and and a really nice walking/eating area. Not sure pricing now but used to be a great price.
Norwood, Louis Riel, Charter House would be the first three calls I made if I didn't already live here.
For proximity to the theater Ramada Marlborough and Delta Radisson (a little pricey) win. They are a 30 second walk from the theater (maybe a minute tops). Anything listed as downtown winnipeg is really close as the theater is right in the middle of the city. And we ain't New York.
Hope you enjoy your stay!
Go to Top of Page

Qris
- FB Fan -

Canada
31 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  15:19:43  Show Profile  Visit Qris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
With the exception of the new Hampton Suites hotel... DON'T book in a hotel with an downtown "Main Street" address. Those are all the skanky ones.
Go to Top of Page

brysonmeunier
- FB Fan -

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  15:33:53  Show Profile  Visit brysonmeunier's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by faye in DC

Hi there guys:

Bryson and I are friends (BrysonMeunier on the forum, currently listed as "needs 2".) and are planning to drive up together. I got shut out, and so did my sis, so I don't have any extra myself. However, Bryson got in (Section V row H -- nosebleed I think, but still -- mad joy!!) This means that I will no longer need any tickets nor does Bryson, and in fact Bryson has 2 extra. Does that make any sense? I'm sure you guys want to hear from the horse's mouth, but I just talked to him on the phone and he's having connection issues. He'll log on and confirm tonight, but you can add two more extras to the list.

Faye speaks the truth as per usual. Horse's mouth confirms 2 extra. Sorry for the delay.

Congrats to everyone on the list for making this work! First Pixies show in almost 12 years here we come!

Bryson
Founder/Proprietor/Vitiator
- the HEY cafe -
http://www.arnoldjacksontheband.com/pixies.htm
Go to Top of Page

Kyle
- FB Fan -

14 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  15:42:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, i managed to get some tickets, but not enough, Two more are needed (and the tickets I got are 2nd balcony). Roomloo, if you check back you'll see that I asked to be added to the list before the tickets when on sale. So please add me to the list.

As for hotels, I'm from winnipeg. Don't book anything on main street! Your safe with Louis Riel, Marbourogh, Fairmont, Delta. They are all really close to the venue. Within walking distance easily. A bit cheaper, but still within a $10 cab rid is the Viscount hotel. And a little furthur there are two Holiday inns, equal distance but opposite directions. I agree that the norwood is a good hotel in a really neat area of town, but I feel it is definatly within walking distance to the venue. I think I covered all the 'good, clean' hotels in winnipeg. If you want to ask advice on one that I didn't cover feel free to E-mail me.

So Iguess we will all go to the Kings Head Pub for drinks before and after the show? It pretty much the only place worth going around there...

Another issue, for me anyways, is will anyone be taping the show? it would be nice to have a copy..
Kyle
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  15:52:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just added you to the list, Kyle.
Go to Top of Page

Kyle
- FB Fan -

14 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  15:55:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks,

I just tried and there are still tickets available for saskatoon.
If I could ask frank one question it would be "Why winnipeg?" A close second would be "Why Regina? I mean its Regina! Saskatchwan!"
Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  15:56:03  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I vote for the Marlborough. I checked the rates a while ago and they were pretty cheap. Around $80 per night, with a group rate that would probably be much cheaper. I want to stay somewhere as close to the hotel as possible so that my drunk stupor back will be as short as possible. The thing is though if one of us set up the hotel thing we are going to be reponsible for it financially if people don't show. I say those of us who want to split hotel exchange phone numbers with whoever is going to organize it so we can actually talk about it and make sure everyone who says they will book will actually do it. I would need a room from the 13th to the 15th BTW. How long is everyone else going to be staying?

Here's the post I made earlier about hotels:
Ticketmaster lists that there are two hotels within walking distance called Marlborough Hotel and Delta Hotel. According to Canadian hotel guide the rate for 2 people is $90 Canadian ($69 U.S.) per night for Marlborough and starting at $140 Canadian for Delta. Once everyone gets their tickets and now they're going for sure we should call up the Marlborough and see what kind of discount we could get for all of us.
-----------------------

Edited by - mattb on 02/21/2004 16:06:26
Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  16:02:02  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah. I've been running around all afternoon here. I've got tickets for several of people on my own list, but still in need of a couple more. I know I was on that original list there, but I've been demoted to a couple (??)'s, which is cool. If there's still room for two for me on that list I would be most happy.

"And her head has no room."
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  16:11:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pozecrat, the ? is there because Matt and I thought you had what you needed and would provide extras (and didn't know how many). So I'll put you down as confirmed for needing two.
Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  16:28:36  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Now this pisses the fuck out of me. It just shows how someone can be a selfish piece of shit. Here is a post made by Liffey near the beginning of this thread:

"Please add me to whatever lists are out there, as I need two tickets. I've actually been reading this thread this whole time, but have only now decided to post. Just as others have been doing, I will order the maximum number of tickets possible and give the remaining two to people that are on the list in this thread. Good luck to you all!"

Now here is a post by Liffey on the pixiesmusic.com forum made today:

"just got a ticket for winnipeg today!
i'm so psyched you have no idea
i'll be driving 20 hours from upstate ny
but it's so worth it

(if anyone want$ an extra winnipeg ticket i MIGHT be able to work $omething out)"

This is bullshit. Yeah, I'll join as long as it serves my fucking needs but what's holding me to returning the favour?

-----------------------
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  16:39:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, the good new$ is that Liffey didn't get any ticket$ from us.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 29 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000