Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 29

debaserjones
- FB Fan -

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:31:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry Matt! Didn't mean to email you, but I was confused. Didn't know about the draw, sorry.
Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:32:16  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
We got some tickets here, but not as many as we would have liked. I don't think we have any extras as of yet. But I'm not going to complain about not reaching my goal. But you can take that astronomical (15) off of your list. Great job, mattb.

"And her head has no room."
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:33:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's the consolidated list:

EdBudd
* RussT (need 2)
The Champ
* Taxman75 / LoganZ (needs 1)
jackanapes
* deaddack (need 1)
* jvince (need 2)
* roomloo (need 2)
ziggystardust (need 2)
indarkjoy (need 2)
beergeek (need 2)
porkbone1 (need 2)
* selfescape (need 2)
timid pimp
* faye in dc (need 2)
brysonmeunier (need 2)
* Alpha Soixante (need 2)
Pixiesarethegreatest (need 3)
* kromkamp (need 1 - tentative)

---- post-sale people needing tickets -----
johnny_4_president (need 2)

---- extras ----
surferben (1)
Havalina (2)
MattB (16)
GratefulJason3 (3)
prozocrat (?)
havinganyfun (?)
solace (2/3)
manny (1)
chrischob (1)
liffey (?)
deathorglory (?)
kelly (?)
Go to Top of Page

Boseph
- FB Fan -

10 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:34:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why have you still not added me to the list?
Go to Top of Page

rexella
- FB Fan -

10 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:35:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I waited in line 3 hours with only 6 people in front of me; and they sold out after serving only 3 people. I know I'm new to the board, but I Would REALLY appreciate 3 tickets!!! I'm desperate!! If you have any extras please email neutro25@hotmail.com Thanks
Go to Top of Page

debaserjones
- FB Fan -

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:38:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would love to be in the draw if possible ;) You guys are so cool for doing this for fellow fans. I'm really proud.
Go to Top of Page

Alpha Soixante
- FB Fan -

Canada
129 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:39:02  Show Profile  Visit Alpha Soixante's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I completely forgot about the fact that those with extra tickets would have to resist the temptation to sell to high bidders, offers of free transportation or board, etc. Thanks Mattb for sticking to your word! Hope everyone does.

Maybe a lock on this thread and a new thread about extra tickets, beginning with a clear explanation of the draw, would discourage hundreds of "please please please let me get what I want" posts.
Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:39:38  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
We made this list over the last few weeks. We decided that the cut off time was before the tickets go on sale. That's not to say any of you who are asking to be put on it now won't get tickets but we have to be fair and give those people on the list first.

-----------------------
http://www.geocities.com/kittridge1/
Go to Top of Page

gkd
- FB Fan -

13 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:39:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I live in Wpg and couldn't get any tix
If anyone has any extra, please e-mail me. I need 3, but will settle for less!
Go to Top of Page

debaserjones
- FB Fan -

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:41:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh man, I'm an idiot for not being able to notice the list in the past few weeks. Guess I got too cocky about getting tickets online :) Thanks for the explanation matt
Go to Top of Page

Timid Pimp
- FB Fan -

4 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:46:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me and a buddy each got 2 tix, which is exactly how many we needed. Go ahead and take my name off the list, and thanks for the consideration.

I can't wait to hear the roar of the crowd when the frecken Pixies walk onstage! FIRST SHOW IN 11 YEARS, AAAAAGGGGHHHH! [Howard Dean scream x 400,000]
Go to Top of Page

debaserjones
- FB Fan -

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:46:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If there is a "post-sell" list then let me know I'd love to be on it.
debaserjones
"Wesley"
admin@whoaba.com, MN, USA
Go to Top of Page

debaserjones
- FB Fan -

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:48:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For those of you who are really super discouraged but were going to take a mid-week roadtrip anyway, consider the Saskatoon show. I don't know if I can do it but it's not that much farther into Canada because it's mostly plains. Better than Vancouver anyway if you're from south or east. :)
Go to Top of Page

Alpha Soixante
- FB Fan -

Canada
129 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:52:49  Show Profile  Visit Alpha Soixante's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks like we have our first scalper: http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&krd=1&from=R8&MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&query=pixies winnipeg Currently at 80$ US each.
Go to Top of Page

rexella
- FB Fan -

10 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:57:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know where people are coming from regarding newbies looking for tickets; but, I had been reading this board for the last week, and thought since I lived in Wpg that I was guaranteed to get tickets if I went to Ticketmaster really early. That is what I did, but now I'm kicking my own ass for not adding my name to the list earlier. But I'm still hoping there is a chance I can get my hands on some tickets.
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:57:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry for the delay boseph, I was busy getting screwed again by Vancouver. A few more updates too:

---- need tickets (* means confirmed) ----
EdBudd
* RussT (need 2)
The Champ
jackanapes
* deaddack (need 1)
* jvince (need 2)
* roomloo (need 2)
ziggystardust (need 2)
indarkjoy (need 2)
beergeek (need 2)
porkbone1 (need 2)
* selfescape (need 2)
* faye in dc (need 2)
brysonmeunier (need 2)
* kromkamp (need 1 - tentative)

* debaserjones (2-4)
* johnny_4_president (need 2)
* boseph (1)
* rexella (3)
* gkd (3)

---- extras ----
surferben (1)
Havalina (2)
MattB (16)
GratefulJason3 (3)
prozocrat (?)
havinganyfun (?)
solace (2/3)
manny (1)
chrischob (1)
liffey (?)
deathorglory (?)
kelly (?)
Go to Top of Page

Qris
- FB Fan -

Canada
31 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  10:04:23  Show Profile  Visit Qris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
please add me to the list for 2 (or even 1!). An old list buddy came through for the other two I requested earlier.
qris (poochie@mts.net)

I am in! Now to stop the friends sobbing!
Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  10:04:44  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm thinking I'm going to wait untill Wednesday before I start picking people for tickets. I want to make sure that everyone's credit card is ok and stuff before I start promising people tickets, who knows my 18 might dwindle down if some transactions got declined. I think that considering how many of us did get tickets roomloo is right, we can just give blocks of tickets to people.

-----------------------
Go to Top of Page

gunner
- FB Fan -

Canada
128 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  10:10:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I looked at that eBay auction. That auction started 12 hours BEFORE tickets went on sale. Be careful out there. I was lucky enough to get mine online. I look forward to seeing all of you at the show.
Go to Top of Page

RussT
- FB Fan -

30 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  10:19:28  Show Profile  Click to see RussT's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hopefully Ticketmaster will follow through with their threat and cancel all that go for more than face value (which will be all of them). I'd love it! People thinking they've got tickets off Ebay, only to have them cancelled. And scalpers, thinking they've made good money...SWEET!
quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Soixante

Looks like we have our first scalper: http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&krd=1&from=R8&MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&query=pixies winnipeg Currently at 80$ US each.

Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  10:20:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Matt, that's a good strategy for you and hopefully all others with extras are being as careful. That's better for us needing tickets as well -- it's best that when you are told you are getting tickets, you KNOW you are getting tickets. If the tickets were doled out today I'd be a little nervous.
Go to Top of Page

kromkamp
= Cult of Ray =

291 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  10:24:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can take me off the list for an extra Burton Cummings ticket. We got our Victoria/Vancouver tickets so the 3rd guy is just going to go to those.

Thanks though!
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  10:24:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By the way, I'd like to set the deadline for the lottery at about 3pm CST today. It needs to be kept at a manageable size. And again, those who signed up before 10am CST today will be taken care of first. If there are extras after that, then will take care of the rest. All others should post in the "need tickets" sticky thread.
Go to Top of Page

ziggy_stardust
- FB Fan -

10 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  10:25:10  Show Profile  Click to see ziggy_stardust's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
roomloo or whomever's working on the list... im confirmed for needing 2 tickets
thank you
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  10:30:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ziggy_stardust, are you the same as ziggystardust? Not sure if that was a typo or just a different user.
Go to Top of Page

liffey
- FB Fan -

36 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  10:31:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey does anyone have any pictures of the inside of the Burton Cummings Theatre? I found these, but they didn't show the inside in too much detail.

http://www.cinematour.com/tour_ca.php?id=1028
http://winnipeg.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/View?filename=mb_walker20030410
Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  10:33:38  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
roomloo do you want to take care of the list from now on? Also I believe faye in dc mentioned before that she hass all the tickets she needs.

-----------------------
Go to Top of Page

travolante
- FB Fan -

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  10:34:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
roomloo, could you add me to the post-sale ticket list also for 3 tickets?, its worth a shot, thanks much, shane
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  10:37:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Faye. With that things are looking REAL positive for the early people getting tickets.

Once the site stops lagging I'll probably start contacting the non-confirmed people directly, but please e-mail me or post here if you are listed incorrectly or have not yet been confirmed. Otherwise, hopefully we can safely assume that there are 28 extras to go around with 12-27 tickets needed (up to 42 counting the later people). Thanks!

Also, I hope it's okay with people that I added one to my wantlist. I'm going to need three instead of two now.

---- original people needing tickets (* means confirmed -- PLEASE let us know if your name is here with no asterisk) ----
EdBudd
* RussT (need 2)
The Champ
jackanapes
* deaddack (need 1)
* jvince (need 2)
* roomloo (need 3)
* ziggystardust (need 2)
indarkjoy (need 2)
beergeek (need 2)
porkbone1 (need 2)
* selfescape (need 2)

* debaserjones (2-4)
* johnny_4_president (need 2)
* boseph (1)
* rexella (3)
* gkd (3)
* qris (1/2)
* travolante (3)

---- extras ----
* surferben (1)
* Havalina (2)
* MattB (16)
* GratefulJason3 (3)
prozocrat (?)
havinganyfun (?)
* solace (2/3)
* manny (1)
chrischob (1 - tentative)
liffey (?)
deathorglory (?)
kelly (?)
* brysonmeunier (2)

Edited by - roomloo on 02/21/2004 10:50:43
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  10:40:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah Matt, I think I have this nailed down. However, I should not be conducting the lottery since I would be one of those getting tickets. I nominate you, Matt, or a moderator.

And if nobody objects, 3pm CST today will be the deadline for getting into the latecomer-lottery...
Go to Top of Page

beatnik
- FB Fan -

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  10:40:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WARNING!!!! BE VERY CAREFUL!!!!
For those who have never purchased tickets through the Canadian Ticketmaster site (like myself until this morning), there is something you should know. You are given the option to use "Ticketfast" which lets you print the tickets out yourself. The printout contains a bar code which is scanned at the show. The obvious warning then is to those of you who are desperate for tickets and are going to scalp them (or even purchase them from someone you don't trust 100%). The Ticketfast print out does not contain any sort of original seal or anything. It can be copied hundreds of times if the person wanted to. Only the first person to have the bar code scanned at the show though will be able to use the ticket. Now of course, one would hope no one would be that sinister but you know there is probably an asshole out there now making copies as we speak. The asshole could sell hundreds of tickets using the one original copy and then just wash his/her hands of the entire thing. BE CAREFUL. ONLY DEAL WITH THOSE YOU CAN TOTALLY TRUST.
Go to Top of Page

beatnik
- FB Fan -

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  10:43:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For those who have never purchased tickets through the Canadian Ticketmaster site (like myself until this morning), there is something you should know. You are given the option to use "Ticketfast" which lets you print the tickets out yourself. The printout contains a bar code which is scanned at the show. The obvious warning then is to those of you who are desperate for tickets and are going to scalp them (or even purchase them from someone you don't trust 100%). The Ticketfast print out does not contain any sort of original seal or anything. It can be copied hundreds of times if the person wanted to. Only the first person to have the bar code scanned at the show though will be able to use the ticket. Now of course, one would hope no one would be that sinister but you know there is probably an asshole out there now making copies as we speak. The asshole could sell hundreds of tickets using the one original copy and then just wash his/her hands of the entire thing. BE CAREFUL. ONLY DEAL WITH THOSE YOU CAN TOTALLY TRUST.
Go to Top of Page

ziggy_stardust
- FB Fan -

10 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  10:46:14  Show Profile  Click to see ziggy_stardust's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yeah, i think that was just a typo
Go to Top of Page

chrischob
- FB Fan -

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  10:46:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My extra ticket right now is tentitive. One of my relatives was going to go but he didnt get tickets so he might join my group. I'll know later today whats up and if its still available someone can buy it here for face value.

Chris Choboter
Go to Top of Page

beatnik
- FB Fan -

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  10:48:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 29 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000