Page: of 7

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1107 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2023 :  05:19:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

So all the terms and conditions on the Paradiso website are in Dutch but I worked out what lidmaatschap means = membership

4 Euro a month membership ?

that's what it looks like, indeed.

https://www.paradiso.nl/en/membership
quote:
For many programmes in Paradiso, you need a membership. Check your ticket or the programme page on this website to see whether or not this is the case for the programme you're visiting. If so, we recommend to buy your month-membership online prior to your visit (if you haven't done so already) through this page. You can also buy it at the doors, but if you buy in advance you're helping us and yourself limiting the queues at the venue.

if i see an old man holding up the queue, i'll know it's you.

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1107 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2023 :  05:26:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think with 59 euro these are still the cheapest tickets of the tour. or are dublin or manchester cheaper?
[EDIT: dublin €65.50, manchester £50.00 - that's about 58-59 euro]
also, if you go to more than one amsterdam gig, you only have to pay the 4 euro for the membership once.

weird system, though. not sure why they do this. why not just sell more expensive tickets (if fleecing the public is your aim)?
or do they want to create a benefit for people who come to a show frequently?

it's educational

Edited by - Discoking on 06/08/2023 05:57:25
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6012 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2023 :  11:00:13  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The membership is fairly common over here, and I believe it's because on paper Paradiso is an non profit institution and not a commercial venue. Or something like that.

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2023 :  00:07:47  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well that was easier than I thought it would be - just bagged myself one ticket for the first Dam gig !

I have no idea if I will make it to be honest but I've got 3/4 a year to figure that out - in any case I feel like I just won Pixies Xmas !

Bagged the membership which I think I just activate before the event or something and it's not running from today - says I need to "assign tickets to a person in order to view" them and then underneath it says something about tickets available from 18 Mar 2024 and underneath that two boxes to tick (Membership or Regular) and then I click Assign Tickets - I don't follow what this is if I can assign my name to the tickets now or I have to wait until just before the event ? doesn't make sense or I'm just getting old and out of touch or something lost in translation maybe ?
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6012 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2023 :  00:12:01  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You can assign tickets to a friend, I believe that's what they mean

Membership is one month from the first time the membership barcode is scanned

Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6012 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2023 :  00:15:12  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh and I just bought 7 tickets for the friday show in Amsterdam.
Going with my cousins, uncle, dad, brother in law and a good friend.

It's a family affair!

Edited by - billgoodman on 06/09/2023 00:15:48
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2023 :  00:17:46  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just speaking to a chat agent - best just to leave the name blank until I'm sure I can make it - otherwise I think there are fairly straighforward options to sell on if I can't
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1107 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2023 :  01:18:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ziggy

London tickets are £72 inc fees. I've gone for the Saturday.

idem

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1107 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2023 :  01:26:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i just enjoy it less if i didn't pay through the nose for my ticket. so the choice was easily made.

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2023 :  03:06:50  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Pixies just liked my tweet yay

Just checking the Paradiso webpage - looks like Friday has been the most popular day as it's the only one sold out so far (to be honest I thought they would go in minutes)
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2023 :  03:18:09  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just cehcked the setlists from all the Pixies gigs I've been to and I've only heard them play 3 songs from the latter two 1.0 albums ! Asides from a few of the b-sides which they've played (some of which are from those albums) all I've heard them play from Bossa and Trompe so far is-

Velouria
Planet Of Sound
U-Mass

After the next gig which hopefully I will make it to the only tracks remaining from the 1.0 albums that I will not have heard live will be (ignoring b-sides)-

I've Been Tired
Break My Body
Tony's Theme
Oh My Golly!
I'm Amazed
Brick Is Red
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2023 :  03:40:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

I just cehcked the setlists from all the Pixies gigs I've been to and I've only heard them play 3 songs from the latter two 1.0 albums ! Asides from a few of the b-sides which they've played (some of which are from those albums) all I've heard them play from Bossa and Trompe so far is-

Velouria
Planet Of Sound
U-Mass

After the next gig which hopefully I will make it to the only tracks remaining from the 1.0 albums that I will not have heard live will be (ignoring b-sides)-

I've Been Tired
Break My Body
Tony's Theme
Oh My Golly!
I'm Amazed
Brick Is Red

It's remarkable they haven't gone near 'Hang Wire' since the early 90s. Sounded great live in the bootlegs.

Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2023 :  04:07:33  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

It's remarkable they haven't gone near 'Hang Wire' since the early 90s. Sounded great live in the bootlegs.

Can't wait to hear it played in all it's glory next year finally - and all the rest

I'm now banned from listening those two albums for the next 9 months
Go to Top of Page

moonruler
- FB Fan -

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2023 :  04:27:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Trying to buy tickets for one of the Paris shows from the US, but it is saying I do not have a valid mobile number, which I most certainly do. Anyone else have this issue or any insights on how to get it to work. I have tried multiple valid cell phone numbers with no luck.

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2023 :  04:46:23  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

Velouria
Planet Of Sound
U-Mass

We were lucky to have a bunch of BN & Trompe songs played back in 2005 at the Rock en Seine fest in Paris:

Is She Weird
Allison
Stormy Weather
Planet Of Sound
Alec Eiffel
The Sad Punk
Head On
U Mass
Subbacultcha

Best gig I've seen by them I think - plus Kim D was still there at the time :)

Also, 10 songs in 2013 at the Olympia:
Rock Music
Velouria
Ana
Blown Away
Winterlong
Planet of Sound
The Sad Punk
Head On
Motorway to Roswell
Havalina

Denis
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6012 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2023 :  05:04:15  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by pot

Velouria
Planet Of Sound
U-Mass

I've Been Tired
Break My Body
Tony's Theme
Oh My Golly!
I'm Amazed
Brick Is Red

True, and what about Dig for Fire?!?

My theory is that those songs have some bad memories attached to them
For the band

And that they are a harder to play than other Pixies 1.0 songs.

You need some extra guitars and/or synths to do Trompe justice.

Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2023 :  05:16:31  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by billgoodman
For the band

Some bad memories for me too - I never got to hear them because bla bla SECC gig

But anyway - time is a great healer and all that

Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2023 :  05:21:38  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just thinking too - about all the folk who have tickets for upcoming gigs I bet a lot of them will be like Hey! We want Bossa and Trompe too!

Which maybe wouldn't be fair since I think some of the value attached to these new tickets is in the novelty of the experience

That said I'm sure they'll be battering out lots of Bossa and Trompe tunes on upcoming gigs anyway - get some practice in
Go to Top of Page

The Holiday Son
= Quote Accumulator =

France
1995 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2023 :  12:56:51  Show Profile  Visit The Holiday Son's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow !
I can't miss this.
Just bought my ticket for the first night in Paris.
I was considering going to all 3 shows but damn they're expensive.
So maybe third night as well, we'll see.
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2023 :  10:55:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by billgoodman

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by pot

Velouria
Planet Of Sound
U-Mass

I've Been Tired
Break My Body
Tony's Theme
Oh My Golly!
I'm Amazed
Brick Is Red

True, and what about Dig for Fire?!?

For the band

And that they are a harder to play than other Pixies 1.0 songs.

You need some extra guitars and/or synths to do Trompe justice.

Always been surprised how rarely Dig For Fire has been played on the reunion. Sounded fantastic on the rare occasions we've had it.

I haven't read the Trompe magazine long read yet, although Charles has been a little dismissive of some of the songs from the latter period over the years.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2023 :  10:04:40  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So I just dropped my new Fan Art Pixies Tour Poster for this I've been working on the past few weeks - from an idea I had already to do something using stills from the Velouria video and I so I drawed this - a few Trompe references ( if you can spot any more that I don't see then do let me know ? )

I posted this up the other day and then took it down because I was on the beer and it still needed some edges tidying up - always get stuck on some bit that doesn't blend in with the rest of the design and this time it was mostly Fonts and the UFO that's shooting at them - ended up adding some weird effect that maybe looks a bit 1950's sci-fi film poster or something

Hoping maybe I'll get a retweet from the band maybe - otherwise so far the sum total of Zero likes or RT's anywhere - which is what I normally expect from my heavily shadow banned accounts these days

Bird Dream of the Olympus Mons

https://twitter.com/scotbeasts/status/1675500013747666946

You can see my other Beatles designs pinned to that account which has a similar minimalist style and I'm hoping to add some more stuff in this vein to the collection going forward

On Instagram I had to split the thing up into two posts because it wouldn't let me adjust the aspect ratios on multiple uploads - Instagram really is a very disfunctional platform I find

Anyway there it is - hope somebody appreciates the effort

https://www.instagram.com/p/CuMo_Jsso-U/
https://www.instagram.com/p/CuMopfOstTg/

Flying Saucer Attack
Go to Top of Page

rivum
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2023 :  07:15:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
why does it say 'for 3 nights only' when there are 5 dates?
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2023 :  08:14:37  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rivum

why does it say 'for 3 nights only' when there are 5 dates?

Because for 3 nights only sounds better + it can be changed to be a poster for each venue + it's more a piece of art than for conveying information

Technically they're also not "back" either and Kim isn't in the band any more either
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1107 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2023 :  12:20:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it does sound better than "for 15 nights only", but it's actually an unnatural thing to say. they hardly ever play the same place for three nights. so why say "only"? there's no scarcity here.
FOR THREE (3!) NIGHTS IN A ROW!!! sounds more accurate to me.

and the "not back" comment made me laugh out loud. ahahahahaha! good one.

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2023 :  12:58:39  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's just supposed to be a humorous parody of some kind of retro style poster - and so far the only feedback I've got back from anywhere from three separate people so far is to talk about inconsistencies in the text

You're welcome

Edited by - pot on 07/05/2023 00:38:51
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1107 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2023 :  00:19:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'm sorry this isn't turning out the way you had hoped.

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2023 :  00:46:21  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Discoking

i'm sorry this isn't turning out the way you had hoped.

I know it might pain some folk to say something nice to me on here but seriously dude - anything coming from you is nothing more than dandruff on my shirt

The reason I did this - an idea I've had for a while - was to design something based on the Pixies and mke up square mounted prints - they will be sold in Edinburgh's busiest independent record shop in Scotland's busiest shopping mall this Fringe season along side my Beatles design which has already sold a few

So no DiscoK - this is turning out exactly as I had hoped - anything beyond as inspired by this tour is a bonus
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1107 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2023 :  01:47:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok, good.

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2023 :  15:35:34  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm preparing for SECC 1991 pt2 if WW3 ever kicks off

If the corrupt gangsters who have been controlling the US and UK government for how many years since the Deep State was funded through CIA Drug money ?

It's all lies - how much is lies ? A lot of it

Great work on the behalf of the social media algorithms averting WW3 again by returning negative public opinion on the validity of either side

Peace, love and hope for some kind of sanity to be restored

Edited by - pot on 07/08/2023 15:35:54
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2023 :  15:44:38  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey imagine if this tour had to be cancelled - how much would my tour poster be worth then ?

Probably still fuck all

I hope even if you hate me that it brings you some joy anyway

Edited by - pot on 07/08/2023 15:46:35
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1872 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2023 :  01:20:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Were you the designer of this « dancing the manta ray » Tshirt I saw years ago on this forum ? It was a drawing of a guy waving his arms in the air while being chased by a mantaray saucer. Can’t find the drawing anymore, but it was fucking cool. Your poster just reminded me about that.

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2023 :  05:24:37  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nah that wasn't me picpic
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2023 :  03:36:05  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks like the cult are peparing more COVID stuff in the coming months and throughout winter - Nuclear Armageddon is off the table for now and we might be back into more lockdown and travel restictions soon - I swear to god if they muck this gig/tour up for me I’m selling my ticket and buying a pitchfork (if they haven’t sold out by then)
At least I’m now part of a vaccine control group so I might be able to get round travel restrictions there if the Netherlands decide to impose Certificate Of Vaccination ID requirements for entry
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2964 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2023 :  07:08:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like the North American tour has picked up on the East Coast with some nice sets. Good to see Doggerel tunes generously sprinkled in amongst the classics.

I guess it's telling that it never even occurred to me to go see them even though they were down the block playing 2 nights.
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1872 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2023 :  12:06:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wonder if a few Bossa / Trompe rarities stuff will be played live as a warm-up before the actual Bossa/Trompe tour.

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000