471 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2023 :  00:12:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DUBLIN | MANCHESTER | LONDON | AMSTERDAM | PARIS
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6012 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2023 :  00:12:27  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Maybe I will go to all of them
Holy cow

This has been long overdue

Maybe we can get some more divers setlists from 2024 on

Pixies 2.0 with Pixies 1.0 with their best two records Bossa/Trompe (imho) included

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6012 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2023 :  00:20:33  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Are there any songs from these two that have never been played live?

All over the world was booted one time, I think.

Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2023 :  00:41:05  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oooooh I like this! 3 nights in Paris at the Olympia.

Denis
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2023 :  00:49:39  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by billgoodman

According to setlist.fm: Space (I Believe In). And a few more were never played post-reunion: Bird Dream, Letter, Palace, Navajo, TLM, Lovely Day, All Over, Hang Wire, Happening.

Denis
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2023 :  02:00:15  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stuczuba

DUBLIN | MANCHESTER | LONDON | AMSTERDAM | PARIS

So much for all over the world then - hopefully some Scottish dates will be added going forwards?
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2023 :  02:16:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brilliant news.

Wonder if there'll be an EDF type person for "keyboards and synthetics" for the Trompe stuff.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2023 :  02:25:57  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ziggy

Brilliant news.

Wonder if there'll be an EDF type person for "keyboards and synthetics" for the Trompe stuff.

Good question
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2023 :  02:33:25  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have to go to one of these even if it means I can't afford to eat for two months

It would be nice if they played in the old record shop that was in the corner of Queensberry and Gt King St in Dumfries (now a pub I think so that could work) where I first heard the last few songs of Bossa in 1990 and inspired me to buy the album and become a Pixies fan ?

Failing that Glasgow or Edinburgh or a long overdue return visit to Manc possibly - never been in the Albert Hall but from the photos of inside looks like a nice venue with probably really good acoustics as well (as opposed the SECC in Glasgow which used to be famous for it's terrible sound - I think they built a new venue there now which is better)

Failing that a weekend in the Dam could be nice too
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2023 :  02:55:51  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Priority O2 tickets for the London gig available from Wed 7 June at 9am

I could potentially bag early ticket(s) for someone if they want ? maybe for a little help for me to afford whatever the tickets prices are (I'm guessing we could be looking at £50-£70 here)

Never done it before and it's all QR codes now so not sure how it would work or if possible for me to buy tickets for someone else though
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2023 :  02:57:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

quote:
Originally posted by Ziggy

Brilliant news.

Good question

I feel very '2004 pre-reunion excitement' suggesting that, but makes a lot of sense for these specific shows. Keys and additional guitar (like Bob Santiago for the Trompe era tour). 'Bird Dream' and 'The Navajo Know' probably have the most prominent keyboard parts.

But where does it stop? Tabla player for Space (I Believe In)?

Will be interesting to see how they format the set as well. Doolittle and Surfer Rosa tours were, by and large, in album sequence with b-sides at the beginning or midway through.

Trompe's drop-D tuning songs are largely in pairs.
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2023 :  04:28:12  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ooh wait what about B-sides? Make Believe, I've been Waiting For You, Santo, Narc (!), Evil Hearted You... I Can't Forget

Denis
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2023 :  04:58:34  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They simply cannot play Make Believe without inviting the one and only Debbie Gibson herself on to perform on the song with them - or dance - it'll only be two minutes of her time so maybe they can afford her ?
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1107 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2023 :  06:06:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yay!
i'm definitely looking forward to this.

i'm not sure where to go. all places involve travelling to another country etc.
but i'm sure i'll manage.
and it must be nice for them not having to travel as much.

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2023 :  06:08:29  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Which also means if you hang around whatever city they are currently playing during the day then there's a chance you might bump into some of them
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6012 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2023 :  06:39:00  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Prices in Amsterdam are 55 euro

Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6012 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2023 :  06:39:40  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vilainde

quote:

According to setlist.fm: Space (I Believe In). And a few more were never played post-reunion: Bird Dream, Letter, Palace, Navajo, TLM, Lovely Day, All Over, Hang Wire, Happening.

Denis

Thanks!

Bossanova is Joey's favorite album
Space (I believe in) is David's favorite tune

Good time to be a fan!

Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2023 :  06:42:07  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Prices in Amsterdam are 55 euro

Are tickets on sale yet? Couldn't see any on one of the links above
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2023 :  06:44:16  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dam tix

https://tickets.paradiso.nl/2c7704344888445c80bed55543e64341/offsale

On sale friday

I think 55Euro is a decent price for a two album set (he says before checking the exchange rate)

Edited by - pot on 06/06/2023 06:55:55
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2023 :  08:00:41  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
€62 in Paris. Everytime they play the Olympia they raise prices by €10... times are tough when you're a cheap bastard like me.

Denis
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
817 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2023 :  08:01:18  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bossanova and Trompe is my wife's favorite Pixies albums. I hope they bring this to somewhere near NYC.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2023 :  08:08:48  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Anyone been to the Paradiso recently ?

How does the tix work there these days - it's all QR codes and every venue seems to have a different system - I'm thinking about bagging a ticket for the Wednesday and taking a wee holiday in Nijmegen for the remaining weekend after

Never been to the Paradiso either

Some sites allow you to resell and other's don't - just like to have the option to sell on if I can't make it

I prefer a ticket but to be honest this system (albiet more in sync with new world order tyranny) makes it difficult for touts and also if you forget your ticket on the way it doesn't matter as long as you don't forget your phone as well
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1872 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2023 :  10:09:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Best news of the year.
This is so cool and scary at the same time. All those rarities are freaking masterpieces.
I’d like to believe Charles is reading this forum sometimes and read our posts about this hypothetic Bossa/Trompe tour that would never happen.

What about a few Franck Black tracks between Bossa and Trompe as an interlude ?
Crossing fingers for a TV version.

___
"Service Unavailable"

Edited by - picpic on 06/06/2023 10:10:27
Go to Top of Page

auxfnx
- FB Fan -

Ireland
29 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2023 :  10:53:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this is the best live announcement i've ever heard from them. this is incredible. my two favourites. i really hope i am able to get a ticket for one of the dublin dates before they sell out (pixies ALWAYS sell out ireland!)
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6012 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2023 :  22:38:34  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

Anyone been to the Paradiso recently ?

How does the tix work there these days - it's all QR codes and every venue seems to have a different system - I'm thinking about bagging a ticket for the Wednesday and taking a wee holiday in Nijmegen for the remaining weekend after

Never been to the Paradiso either

Some sites allow you to resell and other's don't - just like to have the option to sell on if I can't make it

I prefer a ticket but to be honest this system (albiet more in sync with new world order tyranny) makes it difficult for touts and also if you forget your ticket on the way it doesn't matter as long as you don't forget your phone as well

Paradiso tickets have been a barcode for ages. I guess it will be a qr code now. Haven't seen a professional printed ticket in 15 - 20 years,

Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3423 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2023 :  23:35:12  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Now that is a show that I'd go too. If I weren't on the other side of the world.

all i can say, thank god for polio! brian
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2023 :  23:35:43  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cheers Bill

It would be nice if they could let us know now if they intend to add more Scottish dates for this tour though?

Like when they reuinited in 2004 and I forked out 100 for a Brixton ticket and then they booked more dates so I could have got a cheaper ticket - but it was nice to see them in Brixton anyway where they famously play all those years ago

Edited by - pot on 06/07/2023 00:14:00
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2023 :  00:06:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
London tickets are £72 inc fees. I've gone for the Saturday.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2023 :  00:15:11  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Rip-off Britain strikes again - I'm considering bagging a Dam ticket now even more - difference will probably pay for a well booked in advance Ryanair flight over

Amsterdam (+ any city in Holland) is also a really great place to go gigging - the venues over there are less inclined to boot you out the door as soon as the show is over so you can hang around and chat to other fans or maybe even meet the band sometimes - or you can go and find a really cool late bar and sit and drink Amstel and smoke hash for the rest of the night while generally always finding a friendly face to talk to

I reckon if I bagged two tickets I could fly over and find someone willing to pay enough to cover my travel costs to get in - I had a few spare tix for the Doolittle set at Melkweg and they were like flies round me - they all thought they were grifting me too but the reality was I just wanted to sell them for face-value anyway

Edited by - pot on 06/07/2023 00:23:32
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2023 :  06:20:37  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Since they are playing at least three gigs at each venue on this tour might there be a strategy to gaining tickets when they go on sale on Friday?

I'm thinking for the Dam gigs of going for the first day (because I think they'll be more on form whereas on the following days they're just repeating - I went to the 3rd day at brixton in 2004 and it felt a bit like that) and I'm thinking most folk will also go for the first day ? second will be the final day as it's a Friday also which means Thursday might offer the greatest chance of getting through and bagging tickets?
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2965 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2023 :  06:31:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is terrific news

Thanks Frank and co!

The forum’s prayers have been answered

Will there be an answering machine message or whatever that is in between D=RxT and Lovely Day?
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1227 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2023 :  09:22:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow I do my weekly check-in expecting no news...and it's all kicked off.

For the first time in my life I was glad to be an O2 customer because I hate this priority ticket business. Grabbed a Sunday and Monday ticket for London.

Credit card taken a beating for #163;144 but then again it is Trompe...
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2023 :  12:16:40  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So all the terms and conditions on the Paradiso website are in Dutch but I worked out what lidmaatschap means = membership

4 Euro a month membership ? They really like the fleece as much money out of you as they can don't they

Does that mean IF I buy a ticket I have to make sure I have a monthly membership for that month? What if I don't have one will they let me pay at the door?

Edited by - pot on 06/07/2023 12:19:05
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2023 :  18:31:04  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't like this whole three nights - day off - three nights set up

I want the band to be into it - I don't want to just buy a 2.5 hour set of them replaying the same movements

I'm also overthinking this and wondering if going for the middle set might be the safest options considering any potential travel delays in between ?

Am I suffering from Pixies 1.0 SECC Gig PTSD?

Edited by - pot on 06/07/2023 18:32:15
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2023 :  20:37:18  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have done some initial research but one of my possible next art projectz was to be an illustration depicting the quarry scene from the Veloria video - already researched some screenshots for that

This has made this more real so I am about to direct some efforts into making some kind of poster for this tour - and who fucking knows it might happen this time

In the same style that I just did for some other band .. at least two prints of which I've sold so far

The grim hopeful March tour before the apocalypse or the summer of love 2024?

Edited by - pot on 06/07/2023 20:40:19
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7  Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000