Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

misleadtheworld
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2003 :  05:08:51  Show Profile  Visit misleadtheworld's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok...Dean :). I wasn't sure about Narc and Evil Hearted You so I stuck them in anyway hoping someone would notice. Thats right *ahem*.

But again, is there no one out there willing to do stormy weather?!

Go to Top of Page

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2003 :  06:02:51  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dean-

That's what I'm here for...to keep you in line, mister. I mean, Your Majesty.

--> http://psychictwin.tripod.com <--
Go to Top of Page

Jettison
- FB Fan -

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2003 :  06:43:33  Show Profile  Visit Jettison's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i'll take silver.

-Jettison

www.thecroakers.com
Go to Top of Page

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2003 :  08:13:24  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I want to sign up for a second song.

The Sad Punk

Go to Top of Page

sprion001
- FB Fan -

4 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2003 :  15:14:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to tackle Manta Ray.
Go to Top of Page

Kingmob999
- FB Fan -

57 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2003 :  18:25:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How are other songs coming. Im gonna rehearse with the guys tomorrow, so maybe Ill have a product then. Im bored with everything. Anyone else ever feel that way.
Go to Top of Page

TarTar
* Dog in the Sand *

1965 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2003 :  05:55:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to do either Something Against You or Make Believe
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2003 :  09:27:11  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Neil, we've played around a bit but we're not anywhere near the point of recording. But I'll keep you posted. I'll signup the rest of you later.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

miguel
- FB Fan -

USA
213 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2003 :  11:26:17  Show Profile  Visit miguel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've started recording different sections of the song just to get a feel for it. There's 3 distinct changes that I'm going to have to make cohesive and it's intimidating. What makes all over the world such a kick ass song is the way it makes you feel like you've travelled some distance. When I first heard it, years ago, I thought it was epic.
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2003 :  12:08:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
someone needs to take Subbacultcha and Alec Eiffel. I'm really surprised these two are still listed and ALL of Bossanova is taken.

Edited by - realmeanmotorscutor on 09/27/2003 17:50:46
Go to Top of Page

misleadtheworld
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2003 :  12:09:29  Show Profile  Visit misleadtheworld's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i know what you mean. same goes for monkey gone to heaven.

Go to Top of Page

ayers
- FB Fan -

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2003 :  14:18:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'd like to cover lovely day, if thats cool

--Why must I live in Ewan? --
Go to Top of Page

gr1bbly
- FB Fan -

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2003 :  00:22:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alec Eiffel please!

Is this all I need to do to register?

grib.
Go to Top of Page

Little Black Francis
> Teenager of the Year <

3648 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2003 :  01:00:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no, you need to personally email the master of tribute production, theCult of Frank. Dean. He's busy, but he'll get with you if you are seriously.

L8

-------------------------
ain't it funny how the goes
Go to Top of Page

Kingmob999
- FB Fan -

57 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2003 :  03:01:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ugh. Didnt rehearse today. 5 in the morning. drunk, and already hung over.
Go to Top of Page

Wowee_Zowee
- FB Fan -

Belgium
81 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2003 :  07:26:02  Show Profile  Visit Wowee_Zowee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is "I Bleed" already taken?

Even if you're Michael or Janet: it's a sad, sad planet.
Go to Top of Page

Wowee_Zowee
- FB Fan -

Belgium
81 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2003 :  07:30:23  Show Profile  Visit Wowee_Zowee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fuck, apparently it is. Does it make a difference if I do an instrumental muzak version?

Go to Top of Page

xraycat
- FB Fan -

12 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2003 :  09:10:12  Show Profile  Visit xraycat's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cult of Frank, I already worked out a double song. It mixes the verses from La La Love You with the chorus and verses of There Goes My Gun. It's mainly There Goes My Gun, so if it's an issue of someone taking more than one song, someone else could still do a full cover of La La Love You. The whole song will be under two minutes, so I'm not going to go overboard by cross-fading from one song to the other. So can I do that?
Go to Top of Page

DivisionPelagic
- FB Fan -

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2003 :  11:26:46  Show Profile  Visit DivisionPelagic's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hello...I would like to do a song, I am a little confused as to what is taken so far. where can I find the updated list?

I've heard a lot of noise, so I'm going to the stereo store, to get a white noise maker and turn it up to ten.
Go to Top of Page

DivisionPelagic
- FB Fan -

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2003 :  11:31:58  Show Profile  Visit DivisionPelagic's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Crazy me, I found the list. Um, I would be more than greatful to take a stab at Stormy Weather. Its a personal favorite and looks like it still may be open. My only question is how many tracks are you allowing? It seems you have quite a few on your hands.

I've heard a lot of noise, so I'm going to the stereo store, to get a white noise maker and turn it up to ten.
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2003 :  11:48:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, the deadline for signing up is the end of this month (I think). There isn't a limit of how many people can sign up, but once the deadline comes, there can't be any more requests for covering a song. Sign up now and you'll be fine.

But remember only a certain amount of songs make the final album so put your best effort into the song you do. The rest become "b-sides" (which are also downloadable to the public anyway).

I'm not Dean, I just play one on this thread.

"I joined the Incredible Cult of Frank / Then I got pissed and turned green"
Go to Top of Page

Kirk
= Cult of Ray =

USA
633 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2003 :  18:49:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm excited for what I'm coming up for 'wave of mutilation' with the chord substitutions, a different time signature, etc.

I hope people won't be pissed because some artists will really experiment, manipulate the song.

-Kirk
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2003 :  21:56:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nah, no one will get pissed. I'd love to hear a different spin on Wave of Mutilation.

"I joined the Incredible Cult of Frank / Then I got pissed and turned green"
Go to Top of Page

peter radiator
= Cult of Ray =

USA
649 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2003 :  22:45:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dean,
You've got me down for "Velvety (Instrumental Version)", however, as no one seems to dare, I'm also going to track a down-home arrangement of "Weird At My School". That way, at the very least it can show up on the B-sides disc, where it belongs!

Thanks as always,
PR

~ Peter Radiator

"Real music is out there and real people are making it." ~ Webb Wilder
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2003 :  10:10:24  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Whew, sorry guys. Busy little weekend here...

Ayers & Gr1bbly - Check
Derek & LBF - Thanks for covering for me.
Wowee Zowee - You can also do I Bleed as there's only one person doing it I believe.
Xraycat - Do you have a really rough version you could preview me?
DivisionPelagic - Great to have someone doing Stormy Weather. For the rest, see Derek's post.
Kirk - Just have fun with it. That's the whole point. Listen to the FB Tribute, there were some wild ones in there.
Peter Radiator, b-side it up!

Thanks guys. Deadline is tomorrow (the 30th) so if you're debating, you'd better decide soon!

Go to Top of Page

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2003 :  12:29:16  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PsychicTwin

I want to sign up for a second song.

The Sad Punk

Dean-

Didja get me down for my 2nd choice of "The Sad Punk"? Didn't see it added to the list

Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2003 :  13:29:36  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dean, if we're allowed to reserve or submit 2 songs, I'll go ahead and take Subbacultcha. I'm shocked that it hasn't been taken, and it was one of the tracks that I was gonna do alternately.

"I joined the Cult of Frank / Did anyone else have to give up their first born?"
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2003 :  13:40:48  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I might fuck around with some of the other songs that haven't been picked yet since we're nearing the end of the reservation period, mainly Bailey's Walk, Vamos, Isla De Encanta (doubtful), and Palace of the Brine.

"I joined the Cult of Frank / Did anyone else have to give up their first born?"
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2003 :  14:05:01  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You guys are allowed to play around with two songs, I've got no problem with that, but only a maximum of one will be allowed on the CD. The other will be b-sided guaranteed. I've not decided yet if I'm going to consider both or just the first one that was claimed, but probably I'll consider both as long as there aren't already two people doing it. I'm not going to list the alternates in the master list, though, nor try to keep track of who's doing what as a second track. It's just too much. But Alex, Jim, etc, feel free to do a second. I think I do have someone listed there with two (Retch?) but he has to get back to me and tell me what his primary one is and I'll take the other off the list.

Go to Top of Page

Wowee_Zowee
- FB Fan -

Belgium
81 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2003 :  14:06:44  Show Profile  Visit Wowee_Zowee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Wowee Zowee - You can also do I Bleed as there's only one person doing it I believe.

Yippee! Thanks. I'm pretty sure it will be different from the other person covering it anyway...

Go to Top of Page

Jefrey
= Cult of Ray =

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2003 :  14:25:43  Show Profile  Visit Jefrey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I will take Palace of the Brine/Manta Ray (since Palace is only like 25 seconds long, that's kind of a gyp)

thanks

Jefrey
Go to Top of Page

Jefrey
= Cult of Ray =

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2003 :  14:26:49  Show Profile  Visit Jefrey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If I can only have 1, then Manta Ray, but I would use Palace as a lead in, like it's used on Trompe.

thanks

Jefrey
Go to Top of Page

Zsolt G.
- FB Fan -

117 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2003 :  20:59:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Late as always....It's hard to keep track of what's taken and what's not. I think "Gigantic" has only been picked once, so sign me up for that. If not...we'll give "monkey gone to heaven a try." Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

blue cadet3
- FB Fan -

USA
146 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2003 :  23:32:05  Show Profile  Visit blue cadet3's Homepage  Reply with Quote
we'll cover (if it is not taken):
Monkey gone to Heaven
if that's taken:
Ed is dead or Subbacultcha

We can do any of them. Check out our band's site www.thecutoff.com. We are highly influenced by Frank Black and the Pixies. Let me know what you guys think about our band.

Jayson
Go to Top of Page

grozio
- FB Fan -

17 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2003 :  03:53:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am "the other person" taking I bleed, isn't it? I only posted to this forum, no personal emails, hope it is enough. If not i'll tackle subbaculture or Monkey - but I bleed is ok for me..

Grozio
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000