Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 55

Subtlepaper
- FB Fan -

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  23:35:19  Show Profile  Visit Subtlepaper's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by frnck blck

quote:
Originally posted by bengrbm

Hi Frank,

I am writing my PhD dissertation (physics) at the moment and your music is the best I own at getting through the long allnighters. Even better than the Stooges! Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for the help - you'll be in the acknowledgements...

Ben

WHY THANKS. A LIL OL DROPOUT LIKE ME? SNIFF...SNIFF.

There is this guy in my Sociology class that looks almost exactly like you Charles...if you want I can take a picture of him and spread that you are getting your masters or something nifty like that.

Edited by - Subtlepaper on 03/20/2006 23:36:11
Go to Top of Page

bengrbm
- FB Fan -

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  23:36:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're quite popular in the physics department. Any plans to play in NYC to support the new album?

Thanks for the response - Ben
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  23:38:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MaxExactly

Frank,

I figure you'd be into good comedy. Who are some of your favorite comic minds?

ALL THE DUDES AND LADIES FROM MR. SHOW. LOVE THAT BRIAN POSEIN (SP?)...JAQUES TATI, JEFF GARLAND ( IS THAT HIS NAME?), JACK BLACK, JEAN BLACK, ANYBODY WITH J IN THEIR NAME.
Go to Top of Page

darwin
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  23:38:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you get to Powell's often? That's an amazing bookstore. And in my brief time in Portland it seems like it shapes the town (or maybe it's the other way around) with so many people reading and learning.
Go to Top of Page

beckett trance
- FB Fan -

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  23:40:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Frank,

ALL THE DUDES AND LADIES FROM MR. SHOW. LOVE THAT BRIAN POSEIN (SP?)...JAQUES TATI, JEFF GARLAND ( IS THAT HIS NAME?), JACK BLACK, JEAN BLACK, ANYBODY WITH J IN THEIR NAME.

I saw Dana Gould performing in Hollywood right when Honeycomb came out and during his act he said "I don't have to be here. I could be off buying that new Frank Black record!"

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  23:40:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ProverbialCereal

Are there going to be any unusual guitar tunings on Fastman Raiderman that I, the tab nerd, should know about?

NOT A ONE. GOOD LUCK FIGURING OUT THE END OF THE SUMMER....I CAN'T PLAY IT.

That song must have an interesting story behind it's writing if you can't play it! :)

Incidentally, from what I've heard of Fastman Raiderman, it sounds like your singing has really improved (didn't think it possible, but here we are). Are you still taking some vocal training, is it just from maybe being more relaxed with the Nashville guys, or what's the story? Really looking forward to having the whole album in my hands this summer in any case.

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

THANKS. MAYBE THE RELAXED VIBE OF THE CATS HAS HELPED, I DON'T KNOW. END OF THE SUMMER WAS ADAPTED FROM GABRIEL FAURE; CLASSICAL, HENCE, NO CHORDAL KNOWLEDGE (THANKS, LYLE).
Go to Top of Page

marcusb
= Cult of Ray =

USA
308 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  23:42:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw you in Columbus a few years back at a place called Little Brother's.. you surprised us all by entering through the front door past the waiting line.. nudging me a little bit out of the way and politely excusing yourself.. do you do this often? Just to see reactions or was this a one time thing? (John Linnell also did a similar thing to me in Columbus too come to think of it.. odd)
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  23:42:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anI-Gav

What did you think about the book "Gigantic"? I just finished it and I thought it was such an attack against you. Not to creep you out or anything but I love you. Thank you for existing. Or Rather, I should thank your parents, lol.

WHICH ONE WAS THAT? WAS THAT THE GROUCHY GUY WHO COULDN'T GET ANY COOPERATION FROM ME AND BASICALLY JUST PISSED ALL OVER ME? HA. WE COULD SMELL HE WAS NO GOOD FROM THE START, HENCE, THE LACK OF COOPERATION.
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  23:44:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bonedry

frank, i still have vhs copy of when you were on 120 minutes with matt pinfield. you played crazy train from blizzard of ozz and said what a great song it was, then shazeb. awesome, pinfield was a jackass though. seaweed salad! underwater hotel

THANKS. ACTUALLY MATT WAS ALWAYS COOL TO ME, AND HE HAD ME ON AT HIS REQUEST. IT'S HARD TO ALWAYS SAY THE RIGHT THING WHEN YOU'RE THE HOST OF SOME TV THING. LOT OF PEOPLE BREATHING DOWN YOUR NECK.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  23:46:01  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

What did you think about the book "Gigantic"? I just finished it and I thought it was such an attack against you. Not to creep you out or anything but I love you. Thank you for existing. Or Rather, I should thank your parents, lol.

WHICH ONE WAS THAT? WAS THAT THE GROUCHY GUY WHO COULDN'T GET ANY COOPERATION FROM ME AND BASICALLY JUST PISSED ALL OVER ME? HA. WE COULD SMELL HE WAS NO GOOD FROM THE START, HENCE, THE LACK OF COOPERATION.

Yup, that's the one. The newer one, Fool The World, by Josh Frank, appears to be much better.

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  23:46:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by beckett trance

Earlier in this thread, I said that I'd love to hear you cover "Book I Read" on Talking Heads '77. I've been spoiled since you answered two of my questions tonight, but I'm going to push this as far as I can and throw that request out there again.

That's it for me. Thanks again for the visit!

AH YES. THANKS FOR THE REMINDER. I SHALL CHECK IT OUT.
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  23:48:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Subtlepaper

unlikely?? AHHH What am i going to do with my life then? Answer that Mr King of All good music from the late 80's Till now! Hmmmm ??

WELL, THERE ARE OTHER GOOD BANDS FROM THE 80'S. YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT MY DAD IS DEAD. HE (MARK EDWARDS) HAS A REALLY COOL STREAMING SERVER. GREAT SOUND.
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  23:50:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by danjersey

frank,
think new jersey will ever be in your cards?
a firehouse gig or the like?
loud and cheap.

I LOVE JERSEY! I'LL BE THERE AT SOME POINT. WHAT FINE ITALIAN FOOD THERE IS THERE, NO? WHAT ARE SOME COOL PLACES TO PLAY IN JERSEY? I BET TMBG HAS PLAYED EM ALL, AY?
Go to Top of Page

Subtlepaper
- FB Fan -

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  23:51:01  Show Profile  Visit Subtlepaper's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

unlikely?? AHHH What am i going to do with my life then? Answer that Mr King of All good music from the late 80's Till now! Hmmmm ??

WELL, THERE ARE OTHER GOOD BANDS FROM THE 80'S. YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT MY DAD IS DEAD. HE (MARK EDWARDS) HAS A REALLY COOL STREAMING SERVER. GREAT SOUND.

I will check him out..but..you are still the king. Stop blushing....I know, i know..
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  23:51:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tobafett

have you read any Neal Stephenson? what did you think?

have you visited the scifi museum in Seattle?

I SHALL "CHECK IT OUT" AS THE KIDS SAY.
Go to Top of Page

bonedry
- FB Fan -

141 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  23:53:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we are the eggmen! apologies to matt. i had to convince my parents to let me stay up and watch it.
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  23:53:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sorry I was out of line up there...For a Legit Question. What other instrument besides the guitar do you feel most comfortable and creative with. Also seen any good flicks lately?

HMM...LATELY THE UKELELE (BARITONE). BEEN WATCHING LOTS OF ARCHITECTURE DOCUMENTARIES COURTESY MY WIFE. DON'T GET OUT TO THE CINEMA MUCH UNLESS IT'S A KIDS FLICK.
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  23:56:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Frank, I've asked this before but just as you left the last chat...

You talked back in the Show Me Your Tears era about recording something with an orchestra... is that still something you'd like to do, or have your tastes changed? Recording with Eric is kind of like recording with a one-man orchestra anyway, I suppose. I really can't wait to hear this, nor can I believe that we're getting a double album in a few months and you're already slaving away on the next one.

Meanwhilst, do you ever listen to movie soundtracks? Any favourites? Favourite composers? I love John Williams. He and you share the slot for greatest musical inspiration.

STILL HOPING FOR AN ORCHESTRA. FINANCIALLY CHALLENGING.... I LIKE THE GUY WHO DID MOST OF THE STUFF FOR FASSBINDER....NAME ESCAPES ME AT THE MOMENT. THERE'S A CD OF IT OUT THERE. YES. I AM SLAVING OVER THE NEXT ONE. ALTHOUGH I WOULD HARDDLY CALL IT SLAVING. IT IS....HOW SHALL I SAY?.... A PLEASURE.
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  23:57:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hey, in "Velvety" you mention Weed and on "Selkie Bride" you mention Cresent City. These are places that I grew up. Did you ever stop at the Hi Lo restaurant?

I MUST HAVE.
Go to Top of Page

bonedry
- FB Fan -

141 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  23:57:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
last post, thank you thank you thank and god bless
next b-side-"abandoned love" by bob dylan?
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  23:58:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 1965

Hi Frank,

As your touring to Australia as Pixies or solo is on hold for the moment, any chance Aus could maybe have an extra track for Fastman.Raiderman as a sweetener please... maybe I Don't Live Here Anymore? Thanks. Good luck with FMRM and your new EDF project.

(( I'm a Snake... cut in half 'cause I'm not the one you needed. ))

I SHALL PASS ALONG YOUR REQUEST TO THE POWERS THAT BE...
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:00:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi Frank,

I am writing my PhD dissertation (physics) at the moment and your music is the best I own at getting through the long allnighters. Even better than the Stooges! Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for the help - you'll be in the acknowledgements...

Ben

WHY THANKS. A LIL OL DROPOUT LIKE ME? SNIFF...SNIFF.

There is this guy in my Sociology class that looks almost exactly like you Charles...if you want I can take a picture of him and spread that you are getting your masters or something nifty like that.

YES! LET THE MYTH GROW EVER LARGER!
Go to Top of Page

tobafett
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1713 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:00:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for taking questions, FB. One last one from me (and I'll shaddap):

*i'm watching lots of 1950s/60s 'what the future will be like' movies/shorts lately...what new technology would you like to see? Mars/flying autos/self-cookin' kitchen?

cheers...thanks again!
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:01:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

You're quite popular in the physics department. Any plans to play in NYC to support the new album?

Thanks for the response - Ben

I WOULD IMAGINE AT SOME POINT I WILL BE IN NYC FOR FMRM.
Go to Top of Page

anI-Gav
- FB Fan -

12 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:01:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One last question. I'm in a band and I were wondering if I were to somehow send you a C.D. of ours if you would actually listen to it? Not to try and get us on a label or anything but more of a "what do you think?" type of thing.
Go to Top of Page

Subtlepaper
- FB Fan -

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:02:08  Show Profile  Visit Subtlepaper's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Sorry I was out of line up there...For a Legit Question. What other instrument besides the guitar do you feel most comfortable and creative with. Also seen any good flicks lately?

HMM...LATELY THE UKELELE (BARITONE). BEEN WATCHING LOTS OF ARCHITECTURE DOCUMENTARIES COURTESY MY WIFE. DON'T GET OUT TO THE CINEMA MUCH UNLESS IT'S A KIDS FLICK.

In a few years have your kid watch Spy Kids...Good little action kid movie made by Robert Rodriguez. And then 10 years after that have him watch El Mariachi or Sin city also done by Robert Rodriguez...Lives right by my city. Im sure youve seen El Mariachi, if not, you are the king and thats what kings do.
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:02:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by darwin

Do you get to Powell's often? That's an amazing bookstore. And in my brief time in Portland it seems like it shapes the town (or maybe it's the other way around) with so many people reading and learning.

YES.. I GET THERE EVERY FEW MONTHS. GREAT STORE. YOU CAN PAY IN OTHER CURRENCIES, TOO.
Go to Top of Page

danjersey
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
2787 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:03:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh now you got me studderin.
tmbg is unknown to me, sorry i know they're your favorite band.
as far as a place to play in new jersey?
maxwells got a brick walled room with money at the door
and there are the VF halls that pay nothing at all
but you would be priceless.
take the kids to school frank.
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:03:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by beckett trance

quote:

quote:

Frank,

I saw Dana Gould performing in Hollywood right when Honeycomb came out and during his act he said "I don't have to be here. I could be off buying that new Frank Black record!"

REALLY? COOL.
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:04:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marcusb

I saw you in Columbus a few years back at a place called Little Brother's.. you surprised us all by entering through the front door past the waiting line.. nudging me a little bit out of the way and politely excusing yourself.. do you do this often? Just to see reactions or was this a one time thing? (John Linnell also did a similar thing to me in Columbus too come to think of it.. odd)

WELL, SOMETIMES IT'S JUST EASIER GOING IN THE FRONT.
Go to Top of Page

bonedry
- FB Fan -

141 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:05:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i said last post, i know, but i've been playing the baritone uke too!
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:05:46  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
CURRENTLY WORKING WITH ERIC DREW FELDMAN ON UNTITLED RECORD.

Great, great, great. Remember the, uh, good ol' times?

-----
I joined the Cult of Le Cigaw Volanttt
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:06:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bonedry

last post, thank you thank you thank and god bless
next b-side-"abandoned love" by bob dylan?

OFFICIALLY UNDER CONSIDERATION....
Go to Top of Page

Subtlepaper
- FB Fan -

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:06:36  Show Profile  Visit Subtlepaper's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by danjersey

oh now you got me studderin.
tmbg is unknown to me, sorry i know they're your favorite band.
as far as a place to play in new jersey?
maxwells got a brick walled room with money at the door
and there are the VF halls that pay nothing at all
but you would be priceless.
take the kids to school frank.

Me and my friend were cruising around South By Southwest in Austin 3 years ago Interviewing bands for this website we are a part of " Tape op " And I got the chance to eat at Ihop with The two Johns ( they might be giants ) And another John also known as John Vanderslice After the show at " The Parish"...All great guys. Even funnier because the friend I was with was also named John..i felt so left out
Go to Top of Page

TAMAL
- FB Fan -

Australia
55 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  00:06:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello Frank.
whats your fave track from devils workshop? mine is whiskey in your shoes. classic.
also, what do you think of the doors?

YOU ROCK!!!!

my shirt is shitty!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000