BunsenH
= Cult of Ray =

294 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2016 :  05:31:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pmjk

Hi Transmarine
Can you send me the Una demo please?
The email functionality within the forum dosnt appear to work for me.

Would like this, too!
Go to Top of Page

yarbles
= Cult of Ray =

USA
577 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2016 :  07:46:38  Show Profile  Visit yarbles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The floodgates have opened!!!! Demos for everyone!!!!
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1871 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2016 :  09:56:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

___
"Service Unavailable"

Edited by - picpic on 02/20/2018 11:23:49
Go to Top of Page

BunsenH
= Cult of Ray =

294 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2016 :  10:17:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
brian dot rayman at gmail dot com
Go to Top of Page

sdon
= Cult of Ray =

France
779 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2016 :  10:20:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Transmarine,
Could you maybe also share the demos of
PICKEREL PICKER
RATS ALIVE
TRANQUILIZE ME
?

--
"Aristophanes! (gong sounds)"
Go to Top of Page

natenate101
= Cult of Ray =

USA
851 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2016 :  11:28:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
natenate101@hotmail.com, por favor.
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2016 :  13:05:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mrmikegriffiths at gmail dot com please!
Go to Top of Page

Fitzy
- FB Fan -

Portugal
86 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2016 :  13:28:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Transmarine, could you also share the Una demo with me? Pretty please?

jcpsfrancisco at gmail dot com

Muito obrigado
Go to Top of Page

TheScooper
- FB Fan -

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2016 :  14:26:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel like a big douche adding my name to the list, but will throw it out there in case you have time to cater to us all :)

paul.coleman.35@gmail.com

Edited by - TheScooper on 08/25/2016 14:26:56
Go to Top of Page

stoffaboy
- FB Fan -

32 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2016 :  21:55:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me too please, I realise its cheeky but if you don't ask, you don't get ! Lol it goes without saying that these would never be shared with the wider Internet community

I was always interested in hearing the demo of what goes boom too . May thanks :-)

Christopherbbaker1975@gmail.com

Edited by - stoffaboy on 08/25/2016 23:39:56
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1871 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2016 :  22:53:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I still have What Goes Boom demo if interested (maybe shared from the same user ? I don't remember).

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

stoffaboy
- FB Fan -

32 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2016 :  23:35:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by picpic

I still have What Goes Boom demo if interested (maybe shared from the same user ? I don't remember).

___
"Service Unavailable"

Yes please picpic , that would be awesome ,thanks !
Go to Top of Page

jake3
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
241 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2016 :  00:50:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I feel cheeky too... but it'd be HUGELY appreciated. I was lucky enough to grab the What Goes Boom one, so anything else would be amazing.

jakemartin3 AT btinternet DOT com
Go to Top of Page

sdon
= Cult of Ray =

France
779 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2016 :  01:42:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
same for me picpic please :)

--

Edited by - sdon on 08/26/2016 04:22:30
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1099 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2016 :  01:56:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'm sorry that i cheekily started this "wave of solicitation".

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2016 :  02:14:02  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Discoking

i'm sorry that i cheekily started this "wave of solicitation".

it's educational

Everybody sing "Will you take off the adDRESS and send it to me..."

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1871 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2016 :  04:16:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stoffa & sdon: check your email

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

stoffaboy
- FB Fan -

32 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2016 :  04:22:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by picpic

Stoffa & sdon: check your email

___
"Service Unavailable"

You are the man !!

Thank you so much !
Go to Top of Page

sdon
= Cult of Ray =

France
779 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2016 :  04:24:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank picpic
the What Goes Boom demo seems to have been recorded during the sessions with Jeremy Dubs (it sounds like his voice on backing vocals, or maybe it's BF himself)

--
Go to Top of Page

yarbles
= Cult of Ray =

USA
577 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2016 :  09:48:15  Show Profile  Visit yarbles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey picpic, i'd appreciate that What goes Boom demo as well. yarbles58@gmail.com Thank You!!!
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1871 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2016 :  10:30:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sent

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

TheScooper
- FB Fan -

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2016 :  13:03:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And me! Paul.coleman.35@gmail.com

Many thanks
Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7437 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2016 :  17:44:08  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Way to kill a thread!

Denis
Go to Top of Page

stoffaboy
- FB Fan -

32 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2016 :  22:43:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vilainde

Way to kill a thread!

Denis

Lol To me, this thread died when it was flooded with talk of compression.

I wonder when the video and masher will drop ?
Go to Top of Page

yarbles
= Cult of Ray =

USA
577 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2016 :  00:15:39  Show Profile  Visit yarbles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I bet the video and masher will drop around mid to late september. One final boost of exposure before the album drops.
Go to Top of Page

TheScooper
- FB Fan -

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2016 :  06:15:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't get Talent as a single at all... I like the song just doesn't scream single to me. Even Baals Back would make more sense, at least it would shut up some of the hipsters through sheer volume

Edited by - TheScooper on 08/27/2016 06:16:12
Go to Top of Page

matto
= Cult of Ray =

USA
943 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2016 :  08:31:06  Show Profile  Visit matto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK I'll champ at the bit for demos, too
oreficematt at hotmail
wish I had more to give back
bless your heart

--------
baby poop, curry
Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2016 :  19:55:06  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Demos? Heavens, I love demos. prozacrat @ gmail dot com, if anybody feels like sharing.
Wish I had something nifty to share, too.

"Wait. Hold on. This is where the Pixies draw the line. We don't do the beach ball thing." - Frank
Go to Top of Page

Fitzy
- FB Fan -

Portugal
86 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2016 :  00:23:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One month and one day to go until a NEW PIXIES ALBUM arrives.
Go to Top of Page

yarbles
= Cult of Ray =

USA
577 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2016 :  15:39:47  Show Profile  Visit yarbles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is it just me or do you guys feel like in this digital age of getting everything instantly, consuming it immediately, and in most cases moving on to the next thing just as quickly, that announcing an album 3 months before it's actually released kinda hurts the hype/excitement/build up for the album?

I'm a huge fan of course, and am excited there's a new album a month away, but this wait from the announcement two months ago has really been dragging. Almost to the point that I'm losing excitement for the album. Maybe the excitement of surprise EPs spoiled me, or maybe it just has more to do with the fleeting state of media I mentioned at the beginning of this post. But whatever it is.... I'm definitely less excited for the album than I was when it was officially announced 2 months ago.

And that really bothers me. My excitement for a new Pixies record should be turned up to 11 nonstop right now, but it isn't. Maybe I'm just getting old and less interested in most things.

Go to Top of Page

natenate101
= Cult of Ray =

USA
851 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2016 :  18:47:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by yarbles

Is it just me or do you guys feel like in this digital age of getting everything instantly, consuming it immediately, and in most cases moving on to the next thing just as quickly, that announcing an album 3 months before it's actually released kinda hurts the hype/excitement/build up for the album?

I'm a huge fan of course, and am excited there's a new album a month away, but this wait from the announcement two months ago has really been dragging. Almost to the point that I'm losing excitement for the album. Maybe the excitement of surprise EPs spoiled me, or maybe it just has more to do with the fleeting state of media I mentioned at the beginning of this post. But whatever it is.... I'm definitely less excited for the album than I was when it was officially announced 2 months ago.

And that really bothers me. My excitement for a new Pixies record should be turned up to 11 nonstop right now, but it isn't. Maybe I'm just getting old and less interested in most things.

I feel the same. It's a drag to wait this long. A simple song like Talent is gonna get picked apart because for some reason they chose to release it now with the album still some ways away. From when we knew they had an album in the can, I had hoped they'd forego the old school single, wait, another single, and wait then album strategy. These 2 songs are cool and all, but they aren't epics that can be chewed on for awhile, stoking the hunger for what's next.

Of course I'm still excited but I'd be lying if I said my excitement level is anywhere near where it was when Head Carrier was first announced and UCL was released. Part of this is probably also because I don't think very much of Talent as a song. It actually lowered my expectations after UCL actually had them up quite a bit. Classic Masher is coming and I'm sure it'll be fine, but after looking over the lyrics a bunch I kinda understand what Wilson meant when he said it's like an extension of IC. Though a better version.

Would be really cool to see a sudden digital album drop proper to Sep 30th, but obviously that's unlikely to happen. So we wait.

Felt the same about the new De La Soul album that came out Friday. It had been so long since it was announced and the Kickstarter campaign ended, that my mind just moved on to other things. Now it's here, and it's fine, but I'm not as hyped as I was previously.
Go to Top of Page

sdon
= Cult of Ray =

France
779 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2016 :  23:18:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yarbles, natenate, I quite agree

I thought the build up to Indie Cindy with those EPs and inconsistent videos was a lame marketing move (though the Bagboy comeback with accompanying video was exciting)

But this might be even worse (even if shorter) : announcing a new album with many details and lyrics, copy-paste quotes, live "leaks", + dubious choice of "singles", makes the expectations fade quickly

I think they are still in a transitional phase, and I hope they'll feel the urge to write more complex and ambitious stuff

--
Go to Top of Page

yarbles
= Cult of Ray =

USA
577 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2016 :  09:18:25  Show Profile  Visit yarbles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm not saying that I don't like the music we've heard so far... UCL has evolved into a great song, I'm in the camp that really likes Talent, and the other three live songs all sound great to my ears. It just seems that this long wait/roll out is killing the any anticipation or excitement that I should otherwise have.
Go to Top of Page

Fitzy
- FB Fan -

Portugal
86 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2016 :  10:33:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sdon

But this might be even worse (even if shorter) : announcing a new album with many details and lyrics, copy-paste quotes, live "leaks", + dubious choice of "singles", makes the expectations fade quickly

Maybe it's more of a question of people being a bit underwhelmed by the two songs they've heard so far. The songs that have been chosen as singles seem to have less to chew on than what 'Bagboy' had to offer, and having only listened to the early demo and live version of UCL, it's easy to see why people would have this opinion.

That's not necessarily a bad thing in my mind, Head Carrier having no clear singles, and being more of a cohesive collection of rawer, less overcooked songs than IC.

I still prefer this waiting period over the EP release thing, which, in my mind, completely killed the idea of IC as an album, when it was finally released.

But the digital age thing that Yarbles mentioned, people getting used to hearing about a new album a week/day or two before the album is released, not sure if that's the right way to go about it either. People download, hit play a few times. Good/Bad/No Kim Deal=Death to the Pixies, and move on to whatever's next or trending at the cool music website.

I remember FB announcing that a new Catholics album was already done, and would be released "just" 6 months away and people were "Yeah, new Catholics album! Woooo!". Those were the days..?
Go to Top of Page

Skatealex1
* Dog in the Sand *

1645 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2016 :  11:36:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel like from Talent, the new Pixies songs may not have that low fi or less produced/easier to listen feel that early Pixies and a lot of Frank Blacks solo music had. Even Teenager of the Year with all that goes on it is seems like it's easy to listen to. At least this sounds like an improvement over Indie Ci day. If Pixies make more music after this I'd hope they go for rawer production. I'm still looking forward to the album and from the live versions I've heard I think I like the tracks Head Carrier and Baal's Back over Talent and UCL.

As for the method of releasing albums though, I like the way Radiohead does it, they hype it for a while but after releasing a track it's usually out within a few days or weeks later.

Edited by - Skatealex1 on 08/30/2016 11:37:38
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 22 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000