Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Grotesque
= Cult of Ray =

France
777 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2013 :  16:36:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, on one side it's a cool pop song, like a "Once in a lifetime" with a rockier vibe, it's 5 minutes long but you want to listen to it again and again like a beach boys song. BUT i have to say I don't like the production: too big, especially the drums, they sound like a locomotive trying to make hip hop. And also opening with a synth drums is strange (that already bothered me on O my tidy sum, for that reason i couldnt appreciate that song for a long time). But of course I can't wait to hear more, i hope they make 100 new songs.

Edited by - Grotesque on 07/01/2013 16:39:16
Go to Top of Page

moonruler
- FB Fan -

USA
195 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2013 :  17:27:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree that it is a large sound, but it reminds me a lot of Trompe. And it does whet the appetite for more. I would like to see them be as prolific as Frank was in his solo career.

Although the lyrics seem to indicate that it is about a grocery bagger, I also thought a bagboy was a delivery person in a illicit deal. Usually a kid that did not always know what was in the bag, but maybe knew it was not quite legal. Drugs or gambling money, shit like that.
Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2013 :  17:37:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eroticvultcha

Violet posted a pretty eloquent insight into the last few weeks on her FB page today.

quote:
I will say this now, and then take down my post in exactly one hour:

Regarding the past nine years: If anyone thinks it was easy for the other Pixies to function and be a vital, real band, with the bass player that they had, then they simply don't know what I know. I've seen people glibly talk smack about the reunion tours being just about making money. That maybe *someone we all know* simply rejected the new material because it was sub-par and she's discriminating and is protective of the legacy, etc etc. But you have no idea.... NO IDEA. Sometimes people are challenged, and they are difficult to work with. Sometimes these people did a lot of damage to themselves with alcohol and drugs. And its hard to reason with people who aren't reasonable. If you long for the original bass player to be in the band, then you are casting your vote for the other three members of the otherwise vital, eager Pixies to roll over and die, to be imprisoned within the shells of their former creative selves, and to struggle vainly, and/or sell out, forever. The time came for a jailbreak. Rejoice!

When I read stuff like this it makes me never want to visit this board again. An unclassy, petty post aimed at slamming the door on Kim's ass as she exits and yet sycophants lap it up. Why not post Kim's phone number and email address so be can yell at her directly?

Flame away.
Go to Top of Page

natenate101
= Cult of Ray =

USA
851 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2013 :  18:15:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BLT

quote:
Originally posted by eroticvultcha

Violet posted a pretty eloquent insight into the last few weeks on her FB page today.

quote:
I will say this now, and then take down my post in exactly one hour:

Regarding the past nine years: If anyone thinks it was easy for the other Pixies to function and be a vital, real band, with the bass player that they had, then they simply don't know what I know. I've seen people glibly talk smack about the reunion tours being just about making money. That maybe *someone we all know* simply rejected the new material because it was sub-par and she's discriminating and is protective of the legacy, etc etc. But you have no idea.... NO IDEA. Sometimes people are challenged, and they are difficult to work with. Sometimes these people did a lot of damage to themselves with alcohol and drugs. And its hard to reason with people who aren't reasonable. If you long for the original bass player to be in the band, then you are casting your vote for the other three members of the otherwise vital, eager Pixies to roll over and die, to be imprisoned within the shells of their former creative selves, and to struggle vainly, and/or sell out, forever. The time came for a jailbreak. Rejoice!

When I read stuff like this it makes me never want to visit this board again. An unclassy, petty post aimed at slamming the door on Kim's ass as she exits and yet sycophants lap it up. Why not post Kim's phone number and email address so be can yell at her directly?

Flame away.

I can understand feeling a bit hurt by her comments, as a fan of the band and Kim. But come on,literally 2 posters made any positive comment about Violet's post. 2! It's not like everyone on here was all,"Woohoo, fuck Kim, she's held the fellas back for too long!!!"
Think you might be jumping the gun a bit on your reply.

I agree though it's an odd statement, and I'm curious as to how Joey/Dave would think of it. While it indeed gives us some more information as to how things may have progressed (or not) since the reunion began, it does seem rather sharp and intense....especially after the nicey nicey statement the band made about her a few weeks ago.

Seems maybe she is frustrated for having to defend or explain her husband and his bandmates moving on musically from Kim. Can't blame her, she is as close to the situation as anyone. She must have a reason for doing it, but for me it was a bit jarring to read.

Bottomline though, the 3 are moving forward and creating. Good news.
Go to Top of Page

moonruler
- FB Fan -

USA
195 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2013 :  18:15:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kim is Kim, and not knowing her I try not to form too hard an opinion or to judge her motives; or anyone's for that matter.

Not sure what Violet thought a post like this would accomplish, but it is misguided at best and it would have been better had it not been posted.

Write it on a piece of paper and if in an hour you still think it is a good idea post it. Really doubt it would have passed that test.

Still like Pixies and still like Bagboy.

Edited by - moonruler on 07/01/2013 18:17:57
Go to Top of Page

natenate101
= Cult of Ray =

USA
851 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2013 :  18:16:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by moonruler

I agree that it is a large sound, but it reminds me a lot of Trompe. And it does whet the appetite for more. I would like to see them be as prolific as Frank was in his solo career.

Although the lyrics seem to indicate that it is about a grocery bagger, I also thought a bagboy was a delivery person in a illicit deal. Usually a kid that did not always know what was in the bag, but maybe knew it was not quite legal. Drugs or gambling money, shit like that.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=duffle%20bag%20boy
Go to Top of Page

moonruler
- FB Fan -

USA
195 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2013 :  18:25:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by natenate101

quote:

Kind of, but I am thinking more of a courier. Takes a bag from one location, delivers it to the next without knowledge of what is being transported. I think I confused it with Bagman.
Go to Top of Page

IBreed
= Cult of Ray =

310 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2013 :  18:32:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man, no one hates Kim. I think everyone's just excited to be getting new music from Frank, Joey and Dave.

Violet's post does lend some credence to the rumor that Kim was recording in London and just up and left without warning, though...

Go to Top of Page

natenate101
= Cult of Ray =

USA
851 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2013 :  18:58:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by natenate101

quote:

Kind of, but I am thinking more of a courier. Takes a bag from one location, delivers it to the next without knowledge of what is being transported. I think I confused it with Bagman.

Yup, it is a Bagman.
Go to Top of Page

brickisred
- FB Fan -

France
141 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2013 :  21:14:54  Show Profile  Visit brickisred's Homepage  Reply with Quote

About this message from Violet...

This is a message from a person who has been hurt by writings from people who believe they know everything. They are so smart that they can distribute good and bad points, they feel entitled to grant access to Heaven or Hell to other human beings. She has also been hurt by people who feel legitimate to express their emotions in an extreme way without any regard for people they may hurt. "Today I feel bad about the Pixies, I am going to tell the world about it, I will use harsh and definitive words and this will stay for ever."

She is much more sensible than so many on the Internet. She carefully selected her words. She decided to remove her message rapidly. She knows that writing this is a "bad thing". She had to do it because her emotions were too strong, but she controls as much as possible what she is doing.

Does she say that Kim is a bad person? Not at all. People like to divide the world into good and bad people. She says that Kim is emotionally unstable. Go back a few pages in this thread, this has been suggested already. Emotionally instable people tend to rationalize totally irrational behaviors. They tend to get addicted to substances that further alter their behavior, long after they have stopped to take them. They tend to diffuse very bad emotions around them. Everybody knows lovely people that can be a pain in the ass. Everybody knows people they love privately but they cannot work with.

Obviously there were bad feelings in the band. Some of the members were hurt by the fact that one of them prevented them from making new music together, and to add to their misery, they were hearing or reading all these fans criticizing them for not releasing new music. Now they read the same people writing such stupid and tactless things as "Pixies without Kim is not Pixies" or "Pixies should just call it a day". They will have to live with all the "it's indecent" stuff that is going to pour on them when they will release new stuff and dare performing live without Kim. Kim herself will certainly have her share of injust criticism. And then there will be the naive people asking for everybody to reconcile and play again together. Well, maybe they still like each other, and maybe they will be able to play together again one day. Who knows? But they are not just artists, they are real people living their real life. The fans do not have a clue about this real life, even when they read interviews.
Go to Top of Page

cptnpasty
- FB Fan -

Spain
151 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2013 :  22:01:50  Show Profile  Visit cptnpasty's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by brickisred

This is a message from a person who has been hurt by writings from people who believe they know everything. They are so smart that they can distribute good and bad points, they feel entitled to grant access to Heaven or Hell to other human beings. She has also been hurt by people who feel legitimate to express their emotions in an extreme way without any regard for people they may hurt. "Today I feel bad about the Pixies, I am going to tell the world about it, I will use harsh and definitive words and this will stay for ever."

She is much more sensible than so many on the Internet. She carefully selected her words. She decided to remove her message rapidly. She knows that writing this is a "bad thing". She had to do it because her emotions were too strong, but she controls as much as possible what she is doing.

Does she say that Kim is a bad person? Not at all. People like to divide the world into good and bad people. She says that Kim is emotionally unstable. Go back a few pages in this thread, this has been suggested already. Emotionally instable people tend to rationalize totally irrational behaviors. They tend to get addicted to substances that further alter their behavior, long after they have stopped to take them. They tend to diffuse very bad emotions around them. Everybody knows lovely people that can be a pain in the ass. Everybody knows people they love privately but they cannot work with.

Obviously there were bad feelings in the band. Some of the members were hurt by the fact that one of them prevented them from making new music together, and to add to their misery, they were hearing or reading all these fans criticizing them for not releasing new music. Now they read the same people writing such stupid and tactless things as "Pixies without Kim is not Pixies" or "Pixies should just call it a day". They will have to live with all the "it's indecent" stuff that is going to pour on them when they will release new stuff and dare performing live without Kim. Kim herself will certainly have her share of injust criticism. And then there will be the naive people asking for everybody to reconcile and play again together. Well, maybe they still like each other, and maybe they will be able to play together again one day. Who knows? But they are not just artists, they are real people living their real life. The fans do not have a clue about this real life, even when they read interviews.

Amen. There's been a lot of pointless 'fanboy' speculation, and whether it's of the 'good riddance' variety or the 'no Pixies without Kim" variety it's all, by definition, uninformed, intrusive and unnecessarily personal. How could any of us who have enjoyed her work do anything but wish Kim Deal well? But to hold her up (on a Frank Black site!!) as the arbiter of the the other guys futures, to say they can't do it without her. Well, it's a bit silly, isn't it?
Go to Top of Page

Helmut
= Cult of Ray =

315 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2013 :  22:25:11  Show Profile  Click to see Helmut's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
1) Pixies should have called it a day if they were going to continue the greatest hits tour any longer. The greatest hits tour was great the first and second time, waned a bit the third time and I wouldn't have gone a fourth time.

2) For the Pixies to continue, they needed to record new music. They still have 90% of the people required to make a Pixies album (Gil Norton, Joey, Frank, Dave, etc), and tried with the other 10% but it didn't work. Knowing there is a new batch of Pixies songs in existance and not putting them out would tarnish the legacy more than recording/touring with a KD-less Pixies. REM, Metallica, Stones, Weezer, Kasabian, Manic Street Preachers, Oasis, Ramones, etc, all continued as real bands when a member left as they had most key members still in the band, as do the Pixies. It is not like Black Francis has gone and hired session guys and called it the Pixies and duped us. It is the real deal still, maybe even better as hopefully the line up change will yield a ton of new songs/albums/creativity/movie soundtracks/tours, etc from the band.

3) There will be some rock n roll hall of fame or MTV/Q awards reunion where they can get the old Kim Deal version of the band back together and play Where is my mind and Monkey gone to heaven for the history buffs and the next generation of kids who missed out the first, second, third and fourth time around.

4) I hope they do an album a year for the next nine years. I always considered Pixies more Frank and Joey's bag since they started it (sorry David, you are the unsung Charlie Watts hero of the band and your backbeat shapes the songs more than I know it) and The Breeders Kim's bag. Now we get the best of both worlds (i.e. both bands touring simultaneously). Everyone wins right? We FINALLY get that next batch of songs and a tour by a revitalised, re-energised and relevant Pixies.

Edited by - Helmut on 07/01/2013 23:58:32
Go to Top of Page

brickisred
- FB Fan -

France
141 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2013 :  22:53:10  Show Profile  Visit brickisred's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Well said Helmut!

Another thing about Violet...

She was hurt definitely, but she certainly took the responsibility to voice feelings that band members could not express, because they are public people, also certainly because they are not used to express their feelings to people they don't know intimately (to my knwoledge, there were never public badmouthing from Pixies members, BF and Kim more especially. Compare to say, John Lennon speaking about McCartney or Jagger/Richards). In doing this, she accepted to concentrate the potential backlash on her. This is very courageous.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2013 :  22:56:51  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Violet can do whatever she wants, and I respect her opinion and artistic views, but I must say that although I liked to read her statement, I immediately regretted reading it. Much like the Grand Duchy/Pitchform-situation.

I think she had a point both times, and I'm glad to hear her point of view. Still, sometimes it's better to be silent about this kind of complex situations. Which must be very hard considering all the crap that journalist write and used to write about her husband.

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
Go to Top of Page

Helmut
= Cult of Ray =

315 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  00:03:23  Show Profile  Click to see Helmut's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What was the Grand Duchy/Pichfork situation? Also, where is Fissle in all this?
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  00:13:57  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well, BLT also refers to that. She posted the e-mail adres on facebook of the Pitchfork writer who gave Grand Duchy a bad review. She asked fans to rip the writer 'a new one'. Or something like that. It doesn't matter. It was removed later.

You can think what you want about that, but let me just say that if FB/BF would have done that from the beginning of his career, we would have a big book of telephone numbers and e-mail adresses. Reviews of him tend to be unfair.

Go to Top of Page

Grotesque
= Cult of Ray =

France
777 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  00:24:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's really good about Bag Boy is you can hear thay have fun making it. I dont like some options they took on the rythms but they sound like a band doing his thing and that feels nice.
Ultimately i sometimes felt BF was forcing himself a little bit to play rockier again, but that new pixies song sounds very natural. Not very hard rocking by the way, more like a massive shinny pop wall of sound. Yeah, you're right moonruler it sounds a but like trompe, like the next step in their discography, much more than bam twok that sounded a bit like a pixies parody. It makes me think to what Gil Norton was saying about the navajo knows, that it could be a direction for the next album. Bag Boy sounds nothing like the navajo knows but there is a little something, a feeling they're not repeating themselves. What's that about violet? dont get it and i dont like that kind of subject, extra musical, it reminds me when everybody was talking about jon tiven.

Edited by - Grotesque on 07/02/2013 01:15:48
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  00:57:23  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ok, that's true. The hatred for Tiven was unnecessary, in my opinion, and so is any Violet-bashing. To be fair though, she seems to be ok with some discussion, so is Frank. Like Brickisred said, she seems very courageous in this kind of thing. For instance, she took time to defend her views on this board discussing the song Violet (of honeycomb). And warning us about the book of Josh Frank, which she mistook for John Mendelssohn. Anway, it's all in the archives of this board somewhere. She is not afraid of us and she shouldn't. We are all adults. Let's hope we can act like civilized ones on this board.

Go to Top of Page

brickisred
- FB Fan -

France
141 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  01:15:16  Show Profile  Visit brickisred's Homepage  Reply with Quote

John Mendelssohn...

He sent to me an early draft of his book for review. I wrote him that I did not understand the logic of all of this. The book would be purchased by fans and they would hate the way he was bashing the band. Why writing a book about a band you don't like at all and why making it so explicit? For money. You are asked yo write a book, you write it and you get the money for it. John was a very fun and nice guy by the way.
Go to Top of Page

Lex
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  02:29:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Time to share....but...I GOT MY LONDON TICKETS!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

This show added to these previous gigs.
1) 1989 Glastonbury
2) 1990 Portsmouth
3) 1990 London
4) 2004 London
5) 2004 London
6) 2005 London
7) 2009 London

Still LOVING Bagboy!!!Time to share....but...I GOT MY LONDON TICKETS!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Edited by - Lex on 07/02/2013 02:31:45
Go to Top of Page

Fissile
= Cult of Ray =

518 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  03:04:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, well, well....who is going to eat a tampon now?

I told you there would be no new album with the original four, and there would be no new tour with the original four.

It's both validating and sad that Violet had to say what I've been saying for years. It should have been said by Charles or someone else in the band, or someone who was with the band from back in the day: Kim is an emotionally unstable person. Mind you, I don't hate Kim...back in the day, I would have sold my soul for a pint of her bathwater.

Over the years I've known more than my share of drug addicts and alcoholics...some in my own family. I know what ex-junkies/alcoholics are like, they are a shell of their former selves...fragile, difficult, consumed with self doubt. Looking at Kim during the reunion, I saw the same thing.

Looking to the future, I think there will be some resistance to Kim v2.0, but if the new music can stand on its own, I believe the old fans will come to accept it, and new fans will come on board.

Go to Top of Page

Helmut
= Cult of Ray =

315 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  03:11:29  Show Profile  Click to see Helmut's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Fissle who are you? Are you a friend of someone in Kim's camp or the Pixies camp? Where do you get all this information?
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  03:25:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

that was a great way to end a 4 paragraph essay where you basically pretend to know everything about the band

green star member since 2006. smb?
Go to Top of Page

Fissile
= Cult of Ray =

518 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  03:25:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Helmut

Fissle who are you? Are you a friend of someone in Kim's camp or the Pixies camp? Where do you get all this information?

My secret source of info? It's this: Youtube. Don't tell anyone else. Go have a look at the various videos of Kim that are on Youtube, especially that Dutch documentary. You can clearly see what a train wreck Kim's life had become. Like I said, I've known lots of addicts/alcoholics, that didn't happen to her overnight, it was long in the making.

Read a bio on Kim, and if you can put two&two together, and are honest with yourself, you'll quickly conclude that Kim has serious emotional difficulties. She went to a number of colleges and didn't graduate from any of them. Numerous failed relationships. Erratic behavior. Drug/alcohol abuse. What Kim really needed was intervention when she was young, but unfortunately, her family stuck their heads in the sand instead of admitting to themselves that their kid was a mess in need of professional help.
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  03:27:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fissile

Well, well, well....who is going to eat a tampon now?

I told you there would be no new album with the original four, and there would be no new tour with the original four.

you are such a pussy fissile. you said there would be no new album. not "no new album with the original four". it's time to man up and put your money (or, in this case, your tampon) where your mouth is

green star member since 2006. smb?
Go to Top of Page

sdon
= Cult of Ray =

France
779 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  03:31:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Fissile
I kind of apologize to you for my previous sarcasm, you were right in a way
I must admit your tabloid ramblings sounded both irritating and relevant
But since you're the only one on this forum to bring that kind of topics, and as BF himself once defended your presence here, I guess you contribute to the common wealth
What do you think of Bagboy? Of Kim S. (have you seen the videos where she plays bass and sings on subbacultcha, velouria, etc.)

--
"Aristophanes! (gong sounds)"
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  03:43:06  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Technically I'd say floop's right.

http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20550&whichpage=7&SearchTerms=tampon

UNLESS... they don't record a new album but a 7" ep series, so I guess we'll have to postpone the sentence.

Denis

Obsidiana Bijoux
Go to Top of Page

Helmut
= Cult of Ray =

315 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  03:53:56  Show Profile  Click to see Helmut's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Kinda annoyed that Bluefinger and SVN fingers era material didn't get put out as Pixies material, it was no doubt written with the Pixies in mind and was the closest we got to new Pixies material. Bluefinger especially was screaming for Joey's guitar and with the right producer (Gil Norton) would have been up there with the best Pixies material. Anyway I don't think the world was ready for a KD-less Pixies back then, but they are now and I'm just excited there is more stuff coming out and that the KD issue has been resolved in a respectful manner.

Now that the classic era Breeders have reformed I hope they finally do a proper follow up to Last Splash. The last two Breeders albums were kinda fakey. With Jim MacPherson and Josephine Wiggs (and maybe some violin from Carrie Bradley) back on board they might be able to rekindle the old spark. Fissle, will this happen?
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  04:04:08  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I disagree. Don't think Bluefinger was written for the Pixies and I don't even think they sound like Pixies tunes. I think I remember BF saying he wrote Threshold cause the label wanted a bonus track for the 93-03 compilation, and then wrote the whole album in a few days without planning it.

If you want my opinion, NSE sounds more like a Pixies record to me, but I might be way wrong.

Denis

Obsidiana Bijoux
Go to Top of Page

Helmut
= Cult of Ray =

315 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  04:13:07  Show Profile  Click to see Helmut's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think it has been reported that chord progressions/vocal melodies from the aborted 2005 Pixies album were used on Bluefinger, but I may be wrong.
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  04:41:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems to be more of a popular myth in recent years, but maybe BF can clarify.

Think there've been a few cases of him saying 'Dead Man's Curve' was possibly destined for the Pixies though.

Edited by - Ziggy on 07/02/2013 04:47:08
Go to Top of Page

sdon
= Cult of Ray =

France
779 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  04:46:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think there were those rumours also for "(Do What You Want) Gyaneshwar"

--
"Aristophanes! (gong sounds)"
Go to Top of Page

jake3
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
241 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  04:59:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey!
Just signed up Thought this would be the right place for me to share my recent thoughts on the latest goings on.
As I’m sure most Pixies fan were, I was absolutely thrilled to wake up the and suddenly find a new Pixies song just appear out of no-where! (Especially considering Kim had only just left on 2 weeks before). And I was even more delighted to hear just how brilliant it sounds! Really am digging it!
I was expecting a relatively docile track but I was pleasantly surprised just how punchy and quirky it really was. Must say I'm really impressed by all aspects of the track. The lyrics (and their delivery) are great, Joeys familiar guitar work is brill, as is the drumming and bass. It’s everything I expect a modern Pixies track to sound like, a mixture of the old, with a new twist added. I think that it would be silly to expect them to just be recreating sounds from over 20 years ago. Keep up the good work Pixies!
I really am pleased they have decided to continue without Kim (Don’t get me wrong she’s fantastic and was an essential part of the Pixies sound) but sometimes you have to be brave and do what you think is right. With the reunion starting 9 years ago, it felt as if there was unfinished business left (in my opinion) and It would have been a great shame if they were to all fade out.
Pumped to hear the rest of the new stuff, the clips I've seen of Frank performing some of the stuff are top.
Well done Pixies (+Dubs & Ding)
Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  05:20:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Does she say that Kim is a bad person? Not at all.

Not a bad person -- just difficult to work with, unreasonable and a drug addict.

Hey, Kim's already gone. You got what you wanted and so you fish for Facebookers to reaffirm it was for the best.

And why is it okay to post something defamatory so long as you remove it within a few hours?
Go to Top of Page

Chris Knight
= Cult of Ray =

USA
899 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  05:54:15  Show Profile  Visit Chris Knight's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It was a Facebook post, not an interview, press release, etc. People seem to think everything on the internet is fair game for candid discussion.

You know, maybe try spending 9 years working with the same person and see if you can be perfectly objective about what you say about them. Shit, it's utterly impossible.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000