Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2022 :  13:06:22  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Decided to check out a bit of Pluto TV last night and found myself watching the low budget cult classic science fiction thriller The Man With The Screaming Brain - weird title. Weird film. Should be called The Man With Two brains really but I think there is already a Steve Martin film of that name. It's Bruce Campbell of Evil Dead fame - lots of terrible ham acting and sci-fi weirdness. The human robots reminded me a lot of Devo and were both hilarious and very creepy.

Other than that just boxxed the first season of Night Sky (probably just a one series) - another weird sci-fi but in a less fathomable and more arty sense. Quite light on the sci-fi and more about the characters and how their lives intertwine - based mainly around an old couple in Illinois played by Sissy Spacek and JK Simmons no less. Be prepared to want to adopt them both as your grandparents.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2961 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2022 :  05:08:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pot your post reminded me of the Man with Two Brains with Steve Martin, have you seen that one?

Watching Obi-Wan, why not. The new SW stuff is on a similar trajectory as Pixies 2.0.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2022 :  05:18:00  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

Pot your post reminded me of the Man with Two Brains with Steve Martin, have you seen that one?

Can't remember if I've seen The Man With Two Brains, used to watch lots of Steve Martin comedies back in the day though so probably. It's a similar plot anyway I'm sure.

If you like weird and mad ham acting they I think you will find the Man With The Screaming Brain entertaining.

quote:

Watching Obi-Wan, why not. The new SW stuff is on a similar trajectory as Pixies 2.0.

Does the rebel alliance destroy the death star at the end, again?

Edited by - pot on 06/13/2022 05:35:18
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2022 :  05:41:40  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just watched the first ep of the Philip K Dick Anthology series electric Dreams. Was OK, but kind of either worked the plot out or completely missed the point I've not figured out which yet. Felt a bit like a Poundshop Black Mirror so I'm going to stick with it, expecting more big budget trash wanking over classic sci-fi literature in a completely watchable way.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2961 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2022 :  12:51:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

quote:

Can't remember if I've seen The Man With Two Brains, used to watch lots of Steve Martin comedies back in the day though so probably. It's a similar plot anyway I'm sure.

If you like weird and mad ham acting they I think you will find the Man With The Screaming Brain entertaining.

quote:

Does the rebel alliance destroy the death star at the end, again?

Haha, I'm sure they do destroy the death star again. And man, from what I can tell a lot of SW fans are upset with this new show too. Can't please anybody these days I guess.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2022 :  13:04:14  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I stopped watching SW after the first one of the latest films - went to the pictures to see it in 3D like and it was alright but I just find SW a bit boring.

On Ep 3 of PKD's Electric Dreams Anthology just now - got a really nice retro-scifi feel to it like from the 60's or 70's as well as a few familiar faces, eg. Bryan Cranston.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2022 :  18:01:36  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR7n4Gg-_ac
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2961 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2022 :  04:15:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Undoing with your boy Hugh Grant and Nicole Kidman is brutal but very good.

Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
815 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2022 :  08:30:53  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Me and my dog (RIP) are in one episode at the park. You see her hopping up on a park bench. Enjoy.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2961 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2022 :  11:34:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Troubles A Foot

Me and my dog (RIP) are in one episode at the park. You see her hopping up on a park bench. Enjoy.

Really? Very cool. I'll see if I can spot you. Is it episode #1?
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2961 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2022 :  10:18:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Finally watched Faults (2014) last night and loved it.

Really different.

Completely bizarre pacing and presentation of a story of cult escape, with lots of twists and creepiness, and dark humor.

Highly recommended.
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
815 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2022 :  15:48:50  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Troubles A Foot

Really? Very cool. I'll see if I can spot you. Is it episode #1?

No idea. They have a big fight in a riverside park. A bunch of people start bothering them and taking photos. I walk by with my dog a few times but I'm so blurry you can't see me. But then it cuts to a big wide shot of the area and you see me on a bench and my dog hop up onto the bench. I posted it here:

https://www.facebook.com/jordan.cooper.9235199/videos/10157744719925835

https://www.facebook.com/jordan.cooper.9235199/videos/10157744719820835
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2022 :  13:53:49  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dead Pixels just turned up on Netflix - Channel 4 comedy about a group of youngers who are obsessed with massive multiplayer online gaming, to the sacrifice of everything else in their lives. Good comedy and well acted - from one of the writers of Peep Show, Fresh Meat and Misfits apparently, three earlier CH4 comedies of a similarly high calibre. I wouldn't say this is quite as good as those shows, the "in-game" computer graphics are horrible but it's well written and Alexa Davies is funny (and cute).

Edited by - pot on 06/23/2022 13:57:24
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
815 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2022 :  08:49:29  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Saw Dawn of the Dead in 3D at Museum of Modern Art with people involved in the film in attendance. Then the next night saw Tenebre at Lincoln Center.

For some reason MOMA, Lincoln Center and the Museum of the Moving Image are doing big horror film series this summer. Only upset I can't literally go to every showing. But trying to see what I can.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2961 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2022 :  14:24:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Saw the Godfather a couple weeks ago at Tribeca Film Festival.

DeNiro introduced Pacino. They both looked good. The interviewer didn't impress however.

It's the Godfather, so there's not much to say.
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
815 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2022 :  17:25:04  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My fiance has never seen it. I keep waiting for a screening but shockingly there has not been anything in NYC in years.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2022 :  07:17:01  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Star Trek Strange New Worlds is pretty good (so far after ep 1)
Asides from clearly being subliminal woke propaganda for the new world order UN Agenda 2030 - I suppose it's always been that a little bit but in the early days it was truly on the side of good but now it's more of a mass mind control tool for an evil cabal of globalists who have partnered up with our governments and institutions and the media in one great big shit ball of fascism
- but asides from that it looks great and all the characters are likeable and it feels quite like the Original Series too. It's way better/more Star Trekky than Discovery or Picard.
7 day trial on Paramount+ (in the UK anyway) will get you the first 4 eps and 5th on Friday - after that you have to subscribe or rejoin later in the season with another credit card
LLAP

Edited by - pot on 07/03/2022 07:18:16
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
815 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2022 :  09:34:47  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Watching The Goode Family, the flipside to King of the Hill, a cartoon by Mike Judge (and others) parodying ultra lefty types, that got canceled after one season. It's really funny!
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2022 :  10:09:45  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't really watch these adult humour cartoons and tend to switch channel when they come on but I did used to watch a bit of King Of The Hill back in the day, it was pretty funny - used to love Beavis and Butthead too. When I worked in this metal works factory in Holland years ago there was a guy there who looked a bit like Hank Hill and I always used to call him Henk but I don't think he ever knew why, or realised I was calling him a nick name probably.
Go to Top of Page

Stevio10
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1071 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2022 :  04:45:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Watched a couple of old Quantum Leap episodes, loved it when it first aired. Dean Stockwell (RIP) and Scott Bakula were great. The Lee Harvey Oswald double episode was a highlight.

I read they're making a reboot airing later this year though I personally would have preferred to see Bruce Campbell as Al and Melissa McCarthy as Dr Sam Beckett, that would have been something.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2022 :  05:27:45  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think Michael C Hall would have been a good choice for Sam Beckett - he always seems to project awkwardness within any of the roles he takes on anyway
Go to Top of Page

Stevio10
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1071 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2022 :  06:16:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

I think Michael C Hall would have been a good choice for Sam Beckett - he always seems to project awkwardness within any of the roles he takes on anyway

Good shout!
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2022 :  01:10:35  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stevio10

quote:
Originally posted by pot

Good shout!

After some deliberation I have decided to go with Robert Picardo as Al in my Quantum Leap fantasy Leap - asides from already having some experience at playing a hologram under his belt I think he's got the right character for the part. Not very woke I guess, but at least I'm representing the bald community.

Edited by - pot on 07/05/2022 09:32:54
Go to Top of Page

Stevio10
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1071 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2022 :  11:01:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not familiar with him but a quick Google search and yeah can see he would be a decent Al. I've heard it's not a reboot but a sequel so presume Bakula will have some involvement.

Also watching Snowfall, on BBC iPlayer, bit of a mix of scarface, breaking bad, narcos and the wire. Not as good as them but entertaining enough.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2022 :  12:56:04  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wonder if the reason for someone else getting trapped in a Quantum Leap will have something to do with the Large Hadron Collider, in the new series.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2022 :  01:38:39  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just binged the new Dexter New Blood series - good stuff. I think I like it more than the original series - at least it's better than the last two seasons anyway. Something about Dexter's internal monologue this time that makes me think of Peep Show? Maybe it's the comedy element but it felt like they'd stolen lines from that a couple of times: "'We need to talk' Words you never want to hear from your doctor or your girlfriend" - that's a total Mark Corrigan line that is..
Go to Top of Page

The Maharal
= Cult of Ray =

960 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2022 :  07:50:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Watching a few things at the moment - The Shield, Treme, the new Borgen series and This Way Up. The new Nathan Fielder series is out soon too and I reckon it will be amazing.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2022 :  16:12:03  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Happy Better Cal Saul Day

Ep1 of the final five is quite good - but why do they insist on splitting seasons these days!

What, because school's out for summer or it's Pride month or whatever man I don't give a jobbie, just play the damn episodes in order and so that there's not too much time in between for me to forget all the subtleties!

Lalo is badass

Edited by - pot on 07/12/2022 16:49:21
Go to Top of Page

rivum
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2022 :  09:35:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

Happy Better Cal Saul Day

Ep1 of the final five is quite good - but why do they insist on splitting seasons these days!

What, because school's out for summer or it's Pride month or whatever man I don't give a jobbie, just play the damn episodes in order and so that there's not too much time in between for me to forget all the subtleties!

Lalo is badass

my understanding of why they split it up was due to Bob Oenkirk collapsing on set and holding up production
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2961 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2022 :  10:11:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That latest Saul was brutal and totally not what I was expecting.

Those who gave up on BCS because the pacing is different than BB are really missing out.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2022 :  10:14:06  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rivum
my understanding of why they split it up was due to Bob Oenkirk collapsing on set and holding up production

I thought they said before filming even started that they were going to do a split season?
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2961 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2022 :  12:07:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

quote:
Originally posted by rivum

I thought they said before filming even started that they were going to do a split season?

Ozark did the same thing eh?
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2022 :  04:32:39  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yup, and I forgot some of the plot lines in between there too. It's the same in between seasons too. It is what it is - I fill my head with too much TV so that's why I forget a lot of stuff - maybe the transhumanists at the WEF can upgrade me?

Edited by - pot on 07/14/2022 04:33:01
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2961 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2022 :  07:54:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

quote:

Yup, and I forgot some of the plot lines in between there too. It's the same in between seasons too. It is what it is - I fill my head with too much TV so that's why I forget a lot of stuff - maybe the transhumanists at the WEF can upgrade me?

And if I'm not mistaken the Harry Potter Series split its final movie into two parts, and so did the Avengers final movie. They figure if you're going to pay to see one finale you will pay to see two. Use Your Illusion.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2022 :  07:57:24  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
And if I'm not mistaken the Harry Potter Series split its final movie into two parts, and so did the Avengers final movie. They figure if you're going to pay to see one finale you will pay to see two. Use Your Illusion.

Also, Guns n Roses
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000