Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2022 :  09:34:17  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sinner Season 4 has got some really dark blue tinted scenes in it - it's starting to irritate me a bit too now that I have been made aware of it! Mostly it's just the final Sinner season being extremely slow and boring though.
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
815 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2022 :  10:41:16  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am in season 2 of The Sinner, episode 8! I look really awful and gross though. Long exhausting day walking around Chinatown, huge crowds, no breaks or place to sit. I'm all overfed and sweaty and fat and walking around in the background. I have lost weight since this at least. (and yes this is all I think about when seeing myself in a TV show.)

https://imgur.com/Gt1QlPV
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2022 :  11:32:10  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cool. You're like an American Andy Millman and Maggie Jacobs walking along there. Did you get free chicken chow mein?
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
815 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2022 :  12:58:34  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No, they always just feed you junk food. They give you giant pieces of cake and then put you in front of a camera. Actually losing weight was partly inspired by seeing myself in these TV shows. But even when you're thin it's hard to not have a big gut after they feed you junk food all day.

I've actually said to many other people, The Sinner may be the worst background job I did. It was just really stressful in Chinatown. Insanely crowded, store managers yelling at us and the film crew for blocking their entrances, and usually you have places to sit in between the long waits but there wasn't anything nearby. Just a whirlwind of a stressful day.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2022 :  13:43:06  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So what we call Extras in the UK, over there you guy's are called Extra Larges?

Just don't eat cake, period. I quit all that shit 4 years ago and decided to pull my ass into shape - kind of yoyo'ed back there again recently but doing some good footwork each day bringing my waist back into my trousers. Could you not just nip in one of these places and get some quick noodles or something? A guy standing on the corner eating noodles out of a cardboard box sounds like what you might see in the background in Chinatown anyway.

You don't look fat in that pic, but I guess you mean fat round gut area - hidden by the shirt. I had a look for you on that episode but that scene, near the beginning didn't seem to show you anywhere..
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
815 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2022 :  15:00:16  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's not a picture, it's a frame from the actual episode!

Yeah I've done pretty extreme diets and I also go back and forth. I did a no sugar no acidic no everything basically diet for 3 months and lost like 20 pounds or something. It was insane. I will never do something like that again. But since November for a multitude of reasons I've been in a rut and gained some weight again. I do intermittent fasting often which keeps it under control.

Of course all of my actually heavier friends hate when I say this stuff because I'm relatively thin in a general sense.

Edited by - Troubles A Foot on 01/30/2022 15:02:43
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2022 :  01:55:36  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sure, I looked for it but couldn't find it. Only could find one scene in Chinatown near the start - you're not in it in my version that I can see?

Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2962 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2022 :  05:06:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Succession finale this week coming, season 3 off the hook

That's cool Trouble re: Sinner. I haven't seen that show.

I assume there is never a day that something is not filming in NY, especially with these silvercup studios and everything.
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
815 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2022 :  10:14:30  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well there is now because of the pandemic. I'm basically broke because all the jobs dried up.

Pot, it's at 30 minutes, 45 seconds, season 2, episode 8.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2022 :  11:31:17  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Got it now - couldn't find it from looking at the thumbnails. It's like 2 seconds so no wonder. I'll be able to spot you easier next time..
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
815 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2022 :  12:37:16  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm also in episode 4, season 3 of The Sinner walking around 23rd Street. I look thin and sharp in a suit!

https://imgur.com/a/rgrUVwx

Here's other shows and movies I've done:

Orange is the New Black
Younger
Blue Bloods
Like Father
Ray Donovan
The Deuce
Friends From College
Lazy Susan
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Crashing
She's Gotta Have It Too
Jessica Jones
The Sinner
FBI
God Friended Me
Blue Bloods
Gotham
Instinct
Joker
Law & Order SVU
Loudest Voice In The Room
Tell Me A Story
The Village
Sweetbitter
Billions
The Code
Madame Secretary
Power
Manifest
Mrs. Fletcher
Fosse Verdon
Divorce
Mr. Robot
Hunters
The Undoing
Wu Tang show
Pose
Mrs Maisel
High Town
Morgan and Morgan commercial
West Side Story
Evil
Bull
Saint C's/Starlet
Lincoln
Love Life
FBI Most Wanted
Mrs. America
The Blacklist
New Amsterdam
The Last OG
Almost Family
Invasion
Flight Attendant
Simply Halston
Ghost - Power Book 2
Only Murders In The Building
Law and Order: Organized Crime
Succession
Mass Mutual Commercial
Caviar (WeWork)
Untitled Wooton Pilot (?)
Players
Search Party
Empires (History Channel)
Partner Track
Your Place or Mine
History Channel - Food That Made America, Wendy's episode
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2022 :  12:59:44  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's quite a CV Troubles! Despite watching a ton of shit over the past few years don't think I've seen most of those.

You were in Joker though? That's well cool. I thought it was a very good film, and highly original. Can't stand Batman films really, but this wasn't really a Batman film..
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
815 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2022 :  08:36:20  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you! It is amazing how many jobs I've done. And many of those are multiple times. Like I've done Law and Order, Ray Donovan, FBI etc like 10 times each. It's really dried up though. I don't know what's going on. I'm anxious to do more. Sometimes it's really fun. And it saved my finances the past few years.

Oh, I'd call Joker the opposite of original. It was basically a ripoff of King of Comedy and Taxi Driver. It was like a 70s film pastiche. Which maybe one can argue there's nothing wrong with doing that but I kind of take issue with movies that copy other movies in a certain way. I have a weird theory it's also a ripoff of Christmas Evil (one of my favorite films)...seriously, check out Christmas Evil, Joker is exactly that movie beat for beat. It's kind of insane.

I DID enjoy it though. But almost as a weird experiment, and to kind of gawk at Phoenix's bizarre performance, not as an actual movie?

I had a lot of fun being in it though, despite being freezing and exhausting and doing multiple overnights and wanting to die by the end of it.

You could see me here. So in the wide shot I am waving in the street, and in the shot of the Waynes outside the theater I run right by them for a split second on the right.

https://imgur.com/a/W0v4FCR

Edited by - Troubles A Foot on 02/01/2022 09:01:57
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2022 :  09:48:29  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aye fair enough - I suppose any Hollywood film is only as original as the film it's ripping off. Can't go wrong with Wacky Phoenix though. Did you hear him laughing much, and were their many retakes to get the right laugh? I'll watch that film one day with friends and wait for those scenes and point and say "I know that clown!"
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
815 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2022 :  13:00:32  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So the big Phoenix scene I did was us all dancing and cheering in front of him after the ambulance hits the cop car and the Joker fans pull him out (which I was like 20 feet away from!!) He stands on the ambulance and we're all around him just going YEAAHH WOOO HAHAHAHA!!!!!! in our masks. They gave me a gas mask which was both nice because it kept my face warm in the freezing cold, but horribly tight and uncomfortable too.

They definitely did a lot of takes but I think only to get tons and tons of angles. You can't see me in this part of the movie which was disappointing. Phoenix doesn't really say anything or laugh in this scene, he's just like on top of the car and gesturing and dancing in front of us. I don't even know if he had a mic on him.

It was two long nights in a row in a fake riot in actually really shitty Newark, with cars on fire and chaos everywhere. And actual homeless people there checking out what was going on. It was all very strange and one of the more huge, cinematic extra jobs I did. Like they had 3 or so giant blocks so it didn't look like a fake film shoot, it just looked like a real stretch of the city being in shambles. But looooong...exhausting. There were hundreds of us so just to return the mask was a fucking 90 minute line. It took like 4 hours just to go home once each shoot was done.

Edited by - Troubles A Foot on 02/01/2022 13:01:33
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2022 :  15:02:01  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Can't really remember that scene to be honest - a film to watch again some night maybe. If I tried to do something like that I'd probably burst out laughing all the time and be completely useless for most extra work.

It sounds like a cool job or sideline to have. You seem to complain about it all though so I'm sure the reality of it is quite different to what anyone would expect - but all worth it of course.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2962 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2022 :  06:55:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've seen a ton of those shows, good for you man.
Which episode of Succession are you in?
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
815 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2022 :  14:37:13  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can't see me in it, sadly. It's the big birthday party one from the latest season. Some nightclub. They did not disclose it was a dancing scene, which they are supposed to do. I don't dance and am basically frozen terrified to. So when I got there and we're all on set and they go "OK EVERYONE, DANCE!" I just kind of hid against the wall. Oh well.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2022 :  03:29:20  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Last four eps of latest It's Always Sunny are genius - I was laughing so hard! They could have rolled them into a film to be honest. Great to hear there are three more seasons planned.
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
815 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2022 :  10:57:55  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Agree. Fantastic season. That is a good idea, that would have been a good film.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2962 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2022 :  06:49:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Murderville on Netflix with Bojack is quite funny.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2022 :  03:38:15  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I must be really good at identifying french film directors from the general ouvre of their films alone these days - like the other week when I watched Valerian And The City Of A Thousand Planets. I'm watching it thinking "it's got a bit of a Fifth Element feel to it. I wonder if it's a Luc Besson". And sure enough it was.

Just started watching BigBug, and I'm thinking to myself "I wonder if this is by the same director who made Micmacs? And sure enough it's a new Jean-Pierre Jeunet film. No idea what it's like but if it's anything like Micmacs it should be good. I keep trying to tell people to watch Micmacs but they never do. I just want one person to watch it and come back to me and say "Hey you are right. Micmacs is great!"
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
815 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2022 :  13:23:56  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Watching Monty Python's Flying Circus, and also started After Life. After Life is a significantly more depressing comedy show than Monty Python.
Go to Top of Page

Stevio10
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1072 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2022 :  04:01:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yellowjackets. Enjoyed the first season, at times almost feels like 2 different shows going between the then and now plot lines. I preferred the story exploring what happened rather than who they are now. Though Juliette Lewis, Christina Ricci and Melanie Lynskey naturally make it balanced and entertaining.

Some nice 90s nostalgia and soundtrack, looking forward to the next season.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2962 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2022 :  12:12:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Catching up on the oscar noms, The Power of the God, Nightmare Alley, etc.

Also went back and watched Ballad of Buster Scruggs. Coen brilliance
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2962 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2022 :  05:23:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Watching Cronenberg's "The Fly" for the first time since it came out.

I feel like it has aged nicely.

I've been doing a lot of studies lately on diptera, so it's fun to see Brundle's transformation take place.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2022 :  07:06:27  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Latest Star Trek Picard episode (S2E2) was pretty good I thought - better than the first episode of this season which had some predictably dire writing from the CBS crew. Starting to feel like it's Captain Picard again, rather than just Patrick Stewart pretending to be Captain Picard (which to be fair is what he's there to do anyway) and I also actually really like the main cast - or I guess it's working towards the crew of the Stargazer - which is also a bad ass federation ship if there ever was one. By stark contrast I found pretty much every single character on Discovery extremely irritating - but yeah when old Pat hangs his cap up for the last time I can see potential for this series spinning off into a series with Captain Rios at the helm of the Stargazer and Raffi Musiker as his number one, or Seven and Dr Agnes Jurati - with some good writing I think this cast of characters could work really well.

Also great to see the excellent John De Lancie back as Q - and strangely enough the fact that he has aged and looks more mature now seems to fit the character he is playing more than it did in the early days of TNG etc.

Interesting plot developing in this season 2 which (without giving out too much spoilers) seems to reflect current world events somewhat -

SPOILER! (highlight to see)

specifically the descent of civilisation into fascism and the resurgence of the Nazis - so the crew have to travel back to 2024 to fix the timeline or something? Think maybe they need to aim a couple of years further back or maybe a few decades?

END OF SPOILER!

Now that Discovery is wrapping up for it's final season (thank the gods - I haven't caught any of season 4 yet but no doubt it'll be as dull and wokey as the first three) Star Trek: Strange New Worlds is about to land and from the look of the trailer just released it looks like it could be quite good - in terms of cinematography anyway it looks amazing and they are going back to the original standalone episodes format which offers some hope..

Edited by - pot on 03/12/2022 07:07:49
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2962 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2022 :  08:21:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Guilded Age is terrific
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
815 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2022 :  22:41:30  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just started the TV show 12 Monkeys (can't get ourselves to push through and finish Boardwalk Empire. Maybe one day.) because an actress on it is collaborating with my fiance on a project. Which is crazy and surreal and fun so we figured let's watch this show which we heard was good anyway.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2022 :  09:14:02  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Star Trek Picard S2E3 - one stupid astronomical error (again) but otherwise a pretty mint season of sci-fi action and drama (so far). Finally the new Star Trek producers have gotten something right.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2962 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2022 :  10:15:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Watching Apocalypse Now Redux again.

Stand By Me didn’t really age so well

Nightmare Alley is fun

Curb season 10 is one of the best.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2962 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2022 :  19:58:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Windfall on Netflix was great. Wannabe Hitchcockian but I thought it was a entertaining, suspenseful, and kept you guessing up to the end.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2022 :  02:30:20  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
New series of Top Boy on Netflix is pretty good - Season 2 (but it's actually Season 4 as it was taken over from the BBC who produced the original 2 series - listed as Top Boy: Summerhouse now)
Go to Top of Page

Newo
~ Abstract Brain ~

Spain
2673 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2022 :  13:39:01  Show Profile  Click to see Newo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nightmare Alley is great. Shall check out Windfall. I'm fine with wannabe Hitchcock, we should have more of that.

Been on a Mike Flanagan kick lately, Midnight Mass being particularly wonderful. Also, have watched Doctor Sleep three times and like it more each time. There's a director's cut out there too.

--

Allen Ginsberg says you got no soul. The ancient Egyptians say you got seven of these bastards, and Pharaohs got fourteen, what they get for being Pharaohs.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2022 :  15:40:22  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Windfall is boring
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000