Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 25

cptnpasty
- FB Fan -

Spain
151 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  02:25:01  Show Profile  Visit cptnpasty's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you don't sound petulant, the appeal of the box set is clearly that of an "objet" and you should be looked after here - have you made contact?
Go to Top of Page

the acorahs
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  02:50:05  Show Profile  Visit the acorahs's Homepage  Click to see the acorahs's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cptnpasty

you don't sound petulant, the appeal of the box set is clearly that of an "objet" and you should be looked after here - have you made contact?

Yeah, I emailed The Bureaucrat with some of the details and the pictures. I know it is all about the music and film, but still, would have made a nice little addition of to (metaphorical) mantelpiece.

And actually those pictures I posted reminded me that need to clean my coffee table. Double sad now.

----------------------------------------
it is a wretched life and vanity is repulsive

www.myspace.com/thesexymistakes
Go to Top of Page

moonruler
- FB Fan -

USA
197 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  03:29:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
#450!
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  03:33:55  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
#Brian/500

- Brian
Go to Top of Page

badronald
- FB Fan -

USA
70 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  03:35:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that is just badass
Go to Top of Page

tomwhite
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  04:24:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
contacted the bureau over a week ago about the terrible condition mine arrived in and have had no word back. I even said i would buy another if they could post in a box, any response would have been appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

darwin
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  05:52:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would have been funny (for me at least) if they had signed it to "Brain".
Go to Top of Page

thebureaucrat
- FB Fan -

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  06:13:59  Show Profile  Visit thebureaucrat's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the acorahs

I am number 466.

Really gutted though, as arrived on my doorstep damaged, with no wax sealed envelope, and with an extra £18 ($27 for our friends across the pond) put on due to VAT and Royal Mail International Handling fee.

The extra money doesn't bother me that much, as sometimes when I have bought things from abroad it happens, and sometimes you can be lucky and not pay.

What does bother me is the shitty condition it arrived in, it is a delicate body of work, and some little jiffy bag would not (and clearly did not) protect it properly. Also what happened to my wax sealed envelope?

Strangely, some of the damage seems to have been half arsed repaired with a piece of cellotape on the inside, whether that was someone in UK customs or from when CD was shipped I do not know.

Honestly, I am gutted, I don't want to sound like a petulant child or anything, but all my (24th) birthday money was spent on it.

This is no good. Sounds like customs got into your package. Get in touch with us at info@blackfrancis.net and we'll get you all sorted out.
Go to Top of Page

thebureaucrat
- FB Fan -

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  06:24:19  Show Profile  Visit thebureaucrat's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tomwhite

contacted the bureau over a week ago about the terrible condition mine arrived in and have had no word back. I even said i would buy another if they could post in a box, any response would have been appreciated.

Tom,

We're sorry you haven't heard back from us! By chance do you use Gmail? We've had issues in the past with gmail customers contacting us via email at our info@blackfrancis.net email address for some odd reason.

If you use gmail, write to us at blackfrancisnet@gmail.com . If not, send us another email to info@blackfrancis.net and we'll help you out. Again, our apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

The Bureaucrat
Go to Top of Page

joe FITZ of molly BANG
= Cult of Ray =

USA
349 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  06:42:16  Show Profile  Visit joe FITZ of molly BANG's Homepage  Reply with Quote
this is the nerdiest thread ever. i love it. :)

my band: www.myspace.com/mollybang

Go to Top of Page

tomwhite
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  08:45:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thebureaucrat

quote:
Originally posted by tomwhite

Tom,

We're sorry you haven't heard back from us! By chance do you use Gmail? We've had issues in the past with gmail customers contacting us via email at our info@blackfrancis.net email address for some odd reason.

If you use gmail, write to us at blackfrancisnet@gmail.com . If not, send us another email to info@blackfrancis.net and we'll help you out. Again, our apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

The Bureaucrat

Thanks, not sure my previous email didnt go through but will try again. All the best.
Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  09:36:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Broken Face

#Brian/500

- Brian

That's gotta feel good. Seems like the right time to thank you again for all your fb.net work.

You rock.

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  09:57:01  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by trobrianders
That's gotta feel good. Seems like the right time to thank you again for all your fb.net work.

Too bad the package arrived all damaged and with CD2 missing...

;)

Denis

"Can you hear me? I aint got shit to say."

Edited by - vilainde on 03/07/2010 09:57:19
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  11:30:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hammerhands

Desperately hoping for the most uncommon Friday mail.
Nothing ever comes on Friday up here in Manitoba.
Fu, did you get one?

ya i got mine on feb.26. #482

"I joined the Cult of Frank/ cause I'm a real go-getter!"...long live snitz!!

Edited by - fumanbru on 03/13/2010 20:03:19
Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  12:23:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vilainde

quote:
Originally posted by trobrianders

Too bad the package arrived all damaged and with CD2 missing...

;)

Denis

Oh man don't say that, not even in jest. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive.

I'm now trying to come up with a plan to get Mr Francis to scrawl my name on somethin'.

blckfrncs
- FB Fan -

Luxembourg
158 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  13:23:20  Show Profile  Visit blckfrncs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hey everyone...

just a comment: most of the Golem packages shipped have arrived unharmed and complete with no issues. If your copy DOES have an issue, please contact The Store / The Bureau / The Bureaucrat, and they will sort you out. We have never done this kind of thing before, and I am very sorry if anyone is frustrated by their experience; please bear with us and you WILL be satisfied. The Bureau has changed the shipping package and this should put an end to the damaged goods. Most of the damaged goods seem to occur during the international shipping / customs process.

Thanks again for all your support for this project, it has been a pleasure to put together. We are monitoring comments here so that we can tweak any re-release of the music in a more affordable package. The main thing we are checking now is the DVD play on a computer monitor vs a television set. There have been a couple of comments regarding this difference. I have not noticed a problem while viewing on either, but that's just my subjective opinion and I might be wrong. Feel free to continue to comment here, but we don't mind direct contact either.

bf
Go to Top of Page

danjersey
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
2787 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  14:17:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Charles, I've had the Golem in my possession now for two weeks and am really enjoying it. If you hadn't released it when you did I'd still be stuck with lady gaga tunes in my head (don't ask). Your music has always inspired me in some way or another, be it reading up on something new or ancient to expanding my taste in art in general. Your work keeps the mind limber, active listening and that sort of thing. So thank you.

My first viewing of Der Golem was difficult mainly because of the exposure of highs/lows on my old tv. My computer is more balanced and the Film just looks better. I'm sure if I had played around with the universal remote I could have dialed it in better but I was antsy. So, long story long, I don't think there is anything wrong with the DVD.

Go to Top of Page

beckett trance
- FB Fan -

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  20:45:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had #43 here in Oregon since it shipped on Day One, but I haven't even played it yet. I waited months for it, and the day it arrived, so did my first child! Sorry Charles... priorities!!!

It looks great, though. All the correct discs and pages. Well done! If I get some sleep, maybe I'll have enough energy to watch it.

On the other hand, this has been played a few times already this month: http://www.amazon.com/Rockabye-Baby-Lullabye-Renditions-Pixies/dp/B001BWGVFO

misterwoe
= Cult of Ray =

Greece
675 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  20:58:04  Show Profile  Visit misterwoe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by beckett trance

I've had #43 here in Oregon since it shipped on Day One, but I haven't even played it yet. I waited months for it, and the day it arrived, so did my first child! Sorry Charles... priorities!!!

It looks great, though. All the correct discs and pages. Well done! If I get some sleep, maybe I'll have enough energy to watch it.

On the other hand, this has been played a few times already this month: http://www.amazon.com/Rockabye-Baby-Lullabye-Renditions-Pixies/dp/B001BWGVFO

congrats, beckett! two amazing packages on one day! does this mean your child will always be synonymous with THE GOLEM?

------------------------------------------------
eyes burning
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  22:20:15  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey hey, congrats beckett!! I made a "FB lullabies" compilation that I played a lot to my kids when they were born, I can upload it to you if you want. Or you could do it yourself, I'll post the tracklist when I get back home.

My copy of Golem was perfect, just very slightly folded in the bottom corner.

Denis

Go to Top of Page

joe FITZ of molly BANG
= Cult of Ray =

USA
349 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  05:37:28  Show Profile  Visit joe FITZ of molly BANG's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by beckett trance

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  08:46:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by danjersey

If you hadn't released it when you did I'd still be stuck with lady gaga tunes in my head (don't ask).

Ha! I was in the same place, Dan. Rescued from Lady Gaga by Frank.

She's actually rather intriguing. Inane, but intriguing.

Please pardon me, for these my wrongs.

Edited by - coastline on 03/08/2010 08:46:25
Go to Top of Page

Ernesto
- FB Fan -

Netherlands
99 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  08:59:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was watching an old episode of the X-files on sci-fi channel yesterday and it also had the Golem in it, that was pretty funny considering the fact i had just watched the movie a few hours before.

would love to see a tour with Golem/NSE tracks in the near future :D
Go to Top of Page

misterwoe
= Cult of Ray =

Greece
675 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  10:00:49  Show Profile  Visit misterwoe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hey hey, congrats beckett!! I made a "FB lullabies" compilation that I played a lot to my kids when they were born, I can upload it to you if you want. Or you could do it yourself, I'll post the tracklist when I get back home.

Denis

I'd like to see this tracklist too!

eyes burning
Go to Top of Page

MMD
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
233 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  10:01:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone else who ordered on the first day still waiting?

“Not since Orson Welles had one man so many fingers in so many pies, and been the chef as well. And then looked like he went and ate them all. The guy was out of control.”
Go to Top of Page

Active Duck
~ Abstract Brain ~

United Kingdom
411 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  11:30:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah MMD. Mine hasn't arrived yet either.
Go to Top of Page

DruggedBunny
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
395 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  12:18:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No joy here, either. Good to see Charles and The Bureaucrat are on the case, though.
Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  12:24:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep. Nope.

MarkThrust
- FB Fan -

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  19:12:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
#26 arrived at my place (Seattle) on 02/27. My gal was pretty understanding when I made an impromptu holiday out of it.

I don't think I've enjoyed a score this much since Tom Waits' "Black Rider". It's an amazing album in its own right, yet the fully fleshed out songs still sync pretty well with the film. My only concern is with the general release - that it might get condensed to a single CD. I've listened to it a couple dozen times, and I really enjoy the reinterpretation of songs - I hope it reaches the rest of the world fully intact.

I realize there are some challenging constraints putting together an album like this, but man! I always feel cheated by The Flower Song. It starts like some epic Van Morrison ballad, and then: ends. So I guess my only gripe is wanting more...

"A dope trailer is no place for a kitty"
Go to Top of Page

Brank_Flack
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
910 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  19:28:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forums!
I really like the Flower Song as well, its one of my favourites. I think it may be shorter than it otherwise would have because the songs are being timed to fit into the sequences of the film. Also, I like, as you said, how it leaves you wanting more
Go to Top of Page

misterwoe
= Cult of Ray =

Greece
675 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  20:02:31  Show Profile  Visit misterwoe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i totally agree about the flower song. maybe we could do a remix?

eyes burning
Go to Top of Page

the acorahs
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  01:15:27  Show Profile  Visit the acorahs's Homepage  Click to see the acorahs's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Apologies if I come across as "urgh i am being stoned on the internet and i am being dead mature and cool" but, this is a wonderful, wonderful album to get stoned to. The peaks and troughs, the constant, ever changing continuation. Brilliant.

Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  07:25:54  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
apology accepted ;)

I'm stupidly obsessed with the Makanujo/You're Gonna Pay chord progression.
YGP (Preview) reminds me of the early 90's Frank Black Experience intros.

Eric Drew Feldman. The Man. Always a pleasure.
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  09:37:23  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by misterwoe

quote:

Denis

I'd like to see this tracklist too!

eyes burning

http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20055

Denis

Go to Top of Page

ccuadros
* Dog in the Sand *

Chile
1315 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  14:27:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
guys, some of you has the track list of the live show? other forum member posted an image, but is accurate?

Salu2
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000