Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

joe FITZ of molly BANG
= Cult of Ray =

USA
349 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  04:58:16  Show Profile  Visit joe FITZ of molly BANG's Homepage  Reply with Quote
take your time. and make sure to hang out with those gorgeous young-uns. :)

Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2010 :  03:33:05  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In case you guys haven't noticed, there's a bunch of stuff on sale on the BF.net webstore, including the Hotel Utah USB drive for $5!

Denis

"Can you hear me? I aint got shit to say."
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2010 :  09:18:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, V. Really wish there was a medium SVN FNGRS T. That's a nice shirt. Good deals here, though.

Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2010 :  13:39:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the heads up Denis. I just picked up 3 T Shirts for $21 (including shipping)!
Go to Top of Page

Brank_Flack
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
910 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2010 :  19:56:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ordered Hotel Utah, i'm really looking forward to it, looks like a really strong setlist. I would've got the Bluefinger and Svn Fngr tees, but alas, they weren't available in Men's medium.

------------------------
Golem Survivor Round 3 http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20079
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  04:37:22  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Black Francis (facebook): new website will have audio player with all the FB + BF (and then some) releases at your fingertips available to stream

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
Go to Top of Page

danjersey
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
2787 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  06:04:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
fuckfacebook
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  06:04:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shoarma?
Go to Top of Page

matto
= Cult of Ray =

USA
943 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  06:59:19  Show Profile  Visit matto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am reading too much into the missive on the BFnet page. I see what I want to see. If you know what I mean. Someone talk me down, please?

sminki pinki
Go to Top of Page

ccuadros
* Dog in the Sand *

Chile
1315 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  07:06:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
from bf.net:

Greetings!
This is Black Francis writing at you. The site here has been re-vamped a bit. I am most excited about our new player. It has all of the solo releases at the moment. You can play and listen at your leisure. We are hoping to load other releases (Pixies, b-side compilations, etc.) in the future. We have eliminated the "community" section as I thought it was a bit too much considering all the demands our beloved internet makes on all of us, but there is a "wall" for posting. We are open to ideas for any adjustments, so please feel free to post them there. We still have all the usual related links to like frankblack.net, blackolero, pixiesmusic.com, and others. There are also facebook and twitter widgets if you are into that; personally, I do posting on the twitter from time to time, and the bureau usually posts on the official black francis facebook page. Mostly, we have attempted to streamline the site and store. We are close to putting up new stuff at the store like the edited "rock album" version of The Golem, The Golem DVD, the DVD version of Nonstoperotik with a full length film by Judy Jacob, and a new demos/b-sides compilation tentatively titled "Abbabubba". Say, did you catch a recent tweet of mine which said that I was smelling Shoarma? What could THAT mean?

The Pixies continue to play dates this year. Thanks to everyone who came through for us and bought tix for our self-promoted London dates. We haven't ever done that before! We are learning to be more and more self sufficent in these MODERN TIMES. What else could we be more self-sufficient at? Hmmm….planting vegetables? Composting?

I am doing a few solo acoustic dates here and there, although, I usually do these with an amplifier and an ELECTRIC guitar. We are holding off still on announcing any "nonstoperotik" dates until we see this Judy Jacob film. I would love to break into the movie business, and this could be my BIG BREAK! The old fb&thec's mobile recording unit has finally come out of storage and is set up at Jason Carter's recently expanded Wavelength Studios. I cannot WAIT to get down there and record some new ditties. WAIT. Ditties. What am I saying? That's not a self-loving statement, is it? ROCK HISTORY! I cannot wait to get down there and make some rock history! THAT'S what I was trying to say. Where Is My Mind II? No, no , no. Do not repeat yourself, mssr. "I only know one rule. You cannot make it unless you go flat out." - Terry Southern

Yeah! a recording of the catholics! I miss them
Go to Top of Page

darwin

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  07:15:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Yeah! a recording of the catholics! I miss them" !!!!!!!!!!!!! Hell yes.

Someone check to see if Kathryn is still breathing.

Wait a minute. It looks ccuadros said that last line, not Frank Black. Bummer.

Edited by - darwin on 04/27/2010 07:17:56
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  09:26:10  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Abbabubba? SHOARMA?? NSE DATES??? MOBILE RECORDING STUDIO???? Holy cow.

Denis

Go to Top of Page

Jason
* Dog in the Sand *

1446 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  17:17:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by darwin

"Yeah! a recording of the catholics! I miss them" !!!!!!!!!!!!! Hell yes.

Someone check to see if Kathryn is still breathing.

Wait a minute. It looks ccuadros said that last line, not Frank Black. Bummer.

Yeah, Frank just mentions digging out the old mobile recording studio that the Catholics used. He doesn't say anything about recordings of the Catholics.

In any case, that music player rules. Especially for those of us (like me) who missed out on the GOLEM thing. Blasting it now. It's very cool. Will be buying the edited "rock album".

Edited by - Jason on 04/27/2010 17:17:50
Go to Top of Page

windupbird
- FB Fan -

127 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  17:56:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is fantastic news! I was almost expecting a long, quiet stretch after the "feast" that was the Golem and NonStopErotik. I mean, most artists would take a long hiatus, try to regroup, wait as long as it takes for another bout of inspiration. This guy can't wait to lay down some tracks. Yes!

Sometimes it's good to be the king, sometimes it's good to be a Black Francis fan.
Go to Top of Page

Brank_Flack
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
910 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  18:32:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool new site! I'm telling a few friends about the player.
I'm really glad he's going to record some songs at the new studio - the Golem and NSE are both so good and addictive that they've left me craving more.
I recall from a few years back he said in an interview that he wanted to start a three peice punk band called Shoarma? Am i right or wrong? That'd be pretty cool I think. Or maybe a Black Francis album called Shoarma.
Also, if the Judy Jacobs film is full length, I wonder if it'll be an 80 minute narrative driven film?
Lots to ponder!

------------------------
Golem Survivor Round 4 http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20079
Go to Top of Page

= Cult of Ray =

Australia
799 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  21:22:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brank_Flack

Cool new site! I'm telling a few friends about the player.
I'm really glad he's going to record some songs at the new studio - the Golem and NSE are both so good and addictive that they've left me craving more.
I recall from a few years back he said in an interview that he wanted to start a three piece punk band called Shoarma? Am i right or wrong? That'd be pretty cool I think. Or maybe a Black Francis album called Shoarma.
Also, if the Judy Jacobs film is full length, I wonder if it'll be an 80 minute narrative driven film?
Lots to ponder!

------------------------

Schwarma-

http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15417&SearchTerms=schwarma

I have the key to #902
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  22:51:05  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Shoarma is a fitting name for the power trio of the Nijmegen gig. I'm just sayin'.

--

And then 20 years after the Pixies/Throwing Muses double bill, Shoarma would tour with 50 Ft Wave.

Denis

Go to Top of Page

Sam
= Cult of Ray =

Ireland
511 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2010 :  00:36:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
EEhhhh, mobile recording studio, what could the Pixies be more self sufficient at?, where is my mind 2?

Someone call NME, we have some A grade conclusions to jump to. Is FB pulling our chain?

Love the sound of abbabubba, some great non album tracks in last few years. Serious Curious, Blizzard 1989, ghost coming. Hope these make it.

Have we also got some word games going on? what is the deal with the capitalised words

MODERN TIMES
ELECTRIC
BIG BREAK
WAIT
WAIT
THAT'S
ROCK HISTORY

Go BF go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2010 :  02:32:15  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sam
Love the sound of abbabubba, some great non album tracks in last few years. Serious Curious, Blizzard 1989, ghost coming. Hope these make it.

I can't stop listening to Make It Stop. Pun intended, but really, it's a killer track.

Denis

Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2010 :  02:49:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vilainde

And then 20 years after the Pixies/Throwing Muses double bill, Shoarma would tour with 50 Ft Wave.

I'd cry

Sam
= Cult of Ray =

Ireland
511 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2010 :  03:30:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vilainde

quote:
Originally posted by Sam

I can't stop listening to Make It Stop. Pun intended, but really, it's a killer track.

Denis

Yep that and viginia reel have a cool lo-fi feel off them. probably because they are lo-fi. For some reason they sound kinda like something pixies would do.
Go to Top of Page

Brank_Flack
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
910 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2010 :  18:16:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are quite a few articles on the net about the new audio player, here's my favourite.

http://www.prefixmag.com/news/money-hungry-black-francis-now-streaming-entire-so/39993/

Money Hungry Black Francis Now Streaming Entire Solo Catalog, Confounding Critics
April 28, 2010 6:11 p.m. by Mike Burr

Mere days after Black Francis was pilloried by holier-than-thou fans of his music for suggesting he wanted a healthy paycheck for a Pixies reunion, his entire solo catalog has gone live on his website. For zero dollars and zero cents, users can peruse everything from Frank Black, Francis' first post-Pixies release, to Petit Fours and the Lovesick EP, his collaborations with wife Violet Clark as Grand Duchy. What remains to be seen, of course, is how the diabolical mastermind that is Black Francis will turn this seemingly gracious gesture to his own monetary advantage. Maybe people listening to his music will feel led to buy it. The horror! [TwentyFourBit]

------------------------
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2010 :  18:34:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh man, the Catholics!

What is "Make it Stop"?
Go to Top of Page

ruzom
= Cult of Ray =

France
267 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2010 :  18:47:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A demo also known as "Skip This Part". Put online at the BF.net website more or less at the Bluefinger period, if I remember correctly. By the way people, where did you find this song on the current website?

Edited by - ruzom on 04/28/2010 18:49:34
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2010 :  19:40:53  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by realmeanmotorscutor

Oh man, the Catholics!

What is "Make it Stop"?

Does anyone read my threads?

http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20123

Denis

Go to Top of Page

solofloyd
- FB Fan -

33 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2010 :  02:16:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
anyone know what the West Virginia connection is about in "Make It Stop"?
Go to Top of Page

cedelo
- FB Fan -

France
57 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2010 :  05:51:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
can someone help me?... what "mssr" means?
Go to Top of Page

matto
= Cult of Ray =

USA
943 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2010 :  07:42:54  Show Profile  Visit matto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cedelo

can someone help me?... what "mssr" means?

monsieur?

sminki pinki
Go to Top of Page

cedelo
- FB Fan -

France
57 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2010 :  08:13:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
maybe from misster... thankx
Go to Top of Page

joe FITZ of molly BANG
= Cult of Ray =

USA
349 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2010 :  05:19:51  Show Profile  Visit joe FITZ of molly BANG's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sam

EEhhhh, mobile recording studio, what could the Pixies be more self sufficient at?, where is my mind 2?

Someone call NME, we have some A grade conclusions to jump to. Is FB pulling our chain?

Have we also got some word games going on? what is the deal with the capitalised words

MODERN TIMES
ELECTRIC
BIG BREAK
WAIT
WAIT
THAT'S
ROCK HISTORY

Go BF go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

modern times is recent dylan album?

Go to Top of Page

joe FITZ of molly BANG
= Cult of Ray =

USA
349 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2010 :  05:25:06  Show Profile  Visit joe FITZ of molly BANG's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ccuadros

from bf.net:

Greetings!
This is Black Francis writing at you. The site here has been re-vamped a bit. I am most excited about our new player. It has all of the solo releases at the moment. You can play and listen at your leisure. We are hoping to load other releases (Pixies, b-side compilations, etc.) in the future. We have eliminated the "community" section as I thought it was a bit too much considering all the demands our beloved internet makes on all of us, but there is a "wall" for posting. We are open to ideas for any adjustments, so please feel free to post them there. We still have all the usual related links to like frankblack.net, blackolero, pixiesmusic.com, and others. There are also facebook and twitter widgets if you are into that; personally, I do posting on the twitter from time to time, and the bureau usually posts on the official black francis facebook page. Mostly, we have attempted to streamline the site and store. We are close to putting up new stuff at the store like the edited "rock album" version of The Golem, The Golem DVD, the DVD version of Nonstoperotik with a full length film by Judy Jacob, and a new demos/b-sides compilation tentatively titled "Abbabubba". Say, did you catch a recent tweet of mine which said that I was smelling Shoarma? What could THAT mean?

The Pixies continue to play dates this year. Thanks to everyone who came through for us and bought tix for our self-promoted London dates. We haven't ever done that before! We are learning to be more and more self sufficent in these MODERN TIMES. What else could we be more self-sufficient at? Hmmm….planting vegetables? Composting?

I am doing a few solo acoustic dates here and there, although, I usually do these with an amplifier and an ELECTRIC guitar. We are holding off still on announcing any "nonstoperotik" dates until we see this Judy Jacob film. I would love to break into the movie business, and this could be my BIG BREAK! The old fb&thec's mobile recording unit has finally come out of storage and is set up at Jason Carter's recently expanded Wavelength Studios. I cannot WAIT to get down there and record some new ditties. WAIT. Ditties. What am I saying? That's not a self-loving statement, is it? ROCK HISTORY! I cannot wait to get down there and make some rock history! THAT'S what I was trying to say. Where Is My Mind II? No, no , no. Do not repeat yourself, mssr. "I only know one rule. You cannot make it unless you go flat out." - Terry Southern

Yeah! a recording of the catholics! I miss them

1. is this a film film or a documentary? is it based on the songs or vice versa.
2. is abbabubba inspired by "abbadabba" from beefhearts album safe as milk? one of the greatest albums ever ever. we all know that right?
3. who is terry southern?

Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2010 :  05:35:44  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll take a shot at number 1...

quote:
For the past couple of months I have been squirrelling away making a series of art films, inspired by and cut, to Black Francis' upcoming album release Non Stop Erotik. The project grew from making one short for 'Rabbits' to creating a visual journey through the entire album.

Since creating visuals for the Pixies tour last year I have been excited to work with Black Francis for his solo album, with this being a unique and challenging project to start 2010.
Initially Charles suggested I choose one song for which to make a film & I found that difficult due to how distinct each track was. I was drawn to many of them for very different reasons, so when we decided to create visuals for the whole album I was delighted as the more I listened, the more attached I had become to the album as a whole.

The album will be released on March 30th in the US and April 6th everywhere else, and there are plans for the films to be screened across the world in select theatres in the near future.

Go to Top of Page

joe FITZ of molly BANG
= Cult of Ray =

USA
349 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2010 :  06:19:32  Show Profile  Visit joe FITZ of molly BANG's Homepage  Reply with Quote
that sounds awesome! thanks.

Go to Top of Page

Brank_Flack
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
910 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2010 :  07:33:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My shot at #2. Abbabubba was a song Frank wrote Violet for Valentine's Day about a year or two ago. It found its way on the internet, and its on his website.

------------------------
Go to Top of Page

matto
= Cult of Ray =

USA
943 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2010 :  08:02:13  Show Profile  Visit matto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
5/3 wideo blogg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRwsX8CP_mw&feature=player_embedded

sminki pinki
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000