Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Surfer Rosarita
- FB Fan -

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2007 :  10:20:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Blank digipaks. What'll they think of next? I can really get used to this internet thing.
Go to Top of Page

debaserrr
- FB Fan -

121 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2007 :  15:30:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i like the pack, the cd is great, if julian drew all that, hes the coolest

"The arc of triumph!"
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2007 :  11:50:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Crap. Ripped the cover a little taking the CD out!

"A little bit of this, and a little bit of that....trade secrets!"
Go to Top of Page

joe FITZ of molly BANG
= Cult of Ray =

USA
349 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2010 :  05:57:39  Show Profile  Visit joe FITZ of molly BANG's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by quadrophenic

Well...any time I get a CD in this kind of packaging, I copy it to a CD-R and keep the CD-R in a jewel case, and put the original on my shelf. I got tired of rebuying CDs that got scratched up from sliding in and out of the cardboard.

These sleeves are NOT more durable than digipaks... As far as paper-quality, they're pretty much the same...but they do LESS to protect your disc. The "scratch" problem is the most obvious... But if you're the type of person who occasionally ends up with a CD on the floor of their house or car (in my case, the latter), these cases are virtually worthless when it comes to keeping the CD--how should I say it--unbroken. Someone gets into your car and before you can say "Hey grab that CD off the floor before you..." It's "CRUNCH" and you've lost a CD. (It's happened to me at least three times.) The digipaks, with their plastic--even if the teeth are gone--at least provide a little support, and any crunching you hear is likely just the plastic and not your music.

Of course, personally, I prefer the jewel-cases. Best protection you can get for your CD, and I don't know why the current fashion is to avoid them...

I really dig the BlueFinger art. I just wish it'd been in a jewel case.

I always burn copies of my fave albums. and keep the original shiny and new on the shelf.

Go to Top of Page

joe FITZ of molly BANG
= Cult of Ray =

USA
349 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2010 :  06:07:02  Show Profile  Visit joe FITZ of molly BANG's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by trobrianders

I prefer digipaks. Best of both worlds. I'd like to get some blank ones and get friends to design covers for me (ones that can draw)

Gatefold cardboard like FBF, 93-03 and Bluefinger aren't safe and jewel cases are just cheap and nasty.

Shame that Brood artwork is missing but anyway it's a nice touch that Bluefinger is a family affair.

i concur. will all of that. I like the bluefinger album cover. and teen ager of the year. and svn fingers. and non stop erotic. but i think most of the rest could've been better. the 4ad stuff is some of the best covers ever.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000