Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Skatealex1
* Dog in the Sand *

1645 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2007 :  18:41:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!not saying ive heard it but it really is amazing mix of trippy frank and pixies BEAUTIFUL

The Truth Is Out There

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2007 :  18:55:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're high, Sk8alex. They're not done recording (or even writing) the album. But "Fort Wayne" does kick ass.

There's a perfect explanation for the shit that I've been in. As soon as I find out, I'll let you know.
Go to Top of Page

Skatealex1
* Dog in the Sand *

1645 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2007 :  21:33:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
coastline you must be a drug counsler cause i am high lol. but I do think grand duchy has a chance to be frank blacks best album, and i really mean that. Especially if it rocks at at anytime. You sure they're not done recording though?

The Truth Is Out There
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  01:18:50  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree, alex. From what I've heard so far, I hope this Grand Duchy project lasts as long as the Catholics did.
Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  01:33:37  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Uh... IMHO everything on Bluefinger is better than Fort Wayne. But Fort Wayne is probably better than everything on Honeycomb, so that could make a great album.

Denis

"Can you hear me? I aint got shit to say."
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  02:04:17  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like Fort Wayne's production. It seems a little closer to the majestic eponymous. The melody is sweeter than any off Bluefinger (except Angels Come)

More songs in the style of FW, Don't Get Me Wrong, Radio Lizards and that track over at blackfrancis.net would be much anticipated by moi.

Edited by - fbc on 08/03/2007 02:13:06
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  03:07:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I fully agree with fbc.

Fuller production isn't something to be feared.
Go to Top of Page

ccuadros
* Dog in the Sand *

Chile
1315 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  05:24:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hummm missed something.....where can I get the Fort Wayne recordings, I love to listen it

Edited by - ccuadros on 08/03/2007 05:26:07
Go to Top of Page

Grotesque
= Cult of Ray =

France
777 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  07:46:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fort Wayne sounds like the sweetest my bloody valentines.
But what's the point about finding someone's BEST album? I think there is something religious in that, like being perfect, not being just human.
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  08:46:45  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ziggy

I've just listened to Czar and Fu Manchu and a fuller production needs to be embraced.

Or maybe just EDF'd.
Go to Top of Page

misterwoe
= Cult of Ray =

Greece
675 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  08:58:31  Show Profile  Visit misterwoe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Can someone fill me in on this Grand Duchy action? Or direct me to the appropriate thread? I need to know.

------------------------------------------------
You're all a bunch of slaves!
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  09:02:01  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think this is the Grand Duchy thread. This one was (http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17855) but got locked.

Fort Wayne is the song, but to me Grand Duchy is the future and anything done by Frank and Violet that isn't Bluefinger, like the "Sweet Jesus" track at blackfrancis.net. I personally know very little so any goss from the powers that be would be great.

Edited by - fbc on 08/03/2007 09:06:32
Go to Top of Page

misterwoe
= Cult of Ray =

Greece
675 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  10:31:03  Show Profile  Visit misterwoe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll have to check that after work.

------------------------------------------------
You're all a bunch of slaves!
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  10:43:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
misterwoe, drop me an e-mail.

There's a perfect explanation for the shit that I've been in. As soon as I find out, I'll let you know.
Go to Top of Page

ccuadros
* Dog in the Sand *

Chile
1315 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  13:00:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fbc

I think this is the Grand Duchy thread. This one was (http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17855) but got locked.

Fort Wayne is the song, but to me Grand Duchy is the future and anything done by Frank and Violet that isn't Bluefinger, like the "Sweet Jesus" track at blackfrancis.net. I personally know very little so any goss from the powers that be would be great.

the download links are dead
Go to Top of Page

langdonboom
= Cult of Ray =

USA
260 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  21:16:52  Show Profile  Click to see langdonboom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Fort Wayne brings tears to my eyes while it rocks-a-my-soul. I absolutely love it and listen to it much more frequently than Bluefinger and I listen to Bluefinger a lot!

It just has all of the FB/BF amazingness that I originally fell in love with - pop graces, distorted blasts of townsend-esque guitar heroics ( I like distortion when he bar chords), and haunting female cooing about the human heart, vulnerability, sweetly triumphant enjoyment of life in all its vageries.... I can't wait for the rest of it.
Go to Top of Page

ccuadros
* Dog in the Sand *

Chile
1315 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  08:23:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mmm somebody could upload again...please!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  11:01:08  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
bad idea, mate. check last page of thread i posted link to. and you're as lame as me for not checking email.
Go to Top of Page

langdonboom
= Cult of Ray =

USA
260 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  11:12:03  Show Profile  Click to see langdonboom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think he's okay.

quote:
Originally posted by frnck blck
i usually email a few copies out there to a small circle, but usually nothing comes of it. perhaps a BIT of chatter here, but certainly nothing like the recent bluefinger discussion and downloading that has been going on. i'm fine with all of it. i appreciate the interest!

Go to Top of Page

ccuadros
* Dog in the Sand *

Chile
1315 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  11:14:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fbc

bad idea, mate. check last page of thread i posted link to. and you're as lame as me for not checking email.

I donīt have any email ...
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  11:27:23  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yeah frank's cool with it, but tre mod did lock the other thread for valid reasons, and it would be a shame to see this thread turn out like that one.

Edited by - fbc on 08/05/2007 03:13:14
Go to Top of Page

langdonboom
= Cult of Ray =

USA
260 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  11:29:35  Show Profile  Click to see langdonboom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I must have misunderstood the reasoning behind the locking, I figured if frank's okay with it, the mods would be.

Anyway, how do you have a forum account wihtout email, ccuadros?

PS I love Ft. Wayne.

Edited by - langdonboom on 08/04/2007 11:30:41
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  11:42:09  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i'm sure the mods are cool too, like tre said, all we have to do is email each other behind the scenes. unless we're ccuadros =D
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  11:52:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven'ut heard Grand Duchy yet. gay lol

"I hate how the reptile dreams it's a mammal. Scaley monster: be what you are!!" - Erebus.
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  12:56:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i wish i never sent it to coastline, i've not had so much as a blowjob in return.

"Idiot" is just her sig.
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  16:02:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can arrange for s_wrenn to handle that, Steve. And you can have a copy of my The Good, The Bad & The Queen CD.

Go to Top of Page

ccuadros
* Dog in the Sand *

Chile
1315 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  17:12:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hehehe Iīm feel embarrased, I tried to say that i didnīt have any email in my inbox, you could send me an email if you click in the nickname.....my poor english.

anyway worth it, Fort Wayne is an excellent song, Frank is singing like the old pixies days, many many thanks fbc!!!

Edited by - ccuadros on 08/04/2007 17:28:35
Go to Top of Page

stymie
= Cult of Ray =

385 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  15:46:17  Show Profile  Visit stymie's Homepage  Reply with Quote

IS THE SONG ABOUT fT.wAYNE INDIANA?

Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  18:35:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems to be, yeah.

Go to Top of Page

Ford Prefect
- FB Fan -

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  19:49:39  Show Profile  Visit Ford Prefect's Homepage  Click to see Ford Prefect's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ziggy

A return to fuller production is all I want from Frank Black. So badly...

Also, I'm not saying a would appreciate an EMAIL (carlasofnow@yahoo.com), but I haven't heard Ft. Wayne since it was up on somebody's myspace a while back. What I remember is pretty swell, though, and really makes me lust for the whole album....

EDIT: Thanks guys, I got the song now.

Do you like worms?

Edited by - Ford Prefect on 08/06/2007 13:00:45
Go to Top of Page

matto
= Cult of Ray =

USA
943 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  10:56:58  Show Profile  Visit matto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How come BF.net doesn't work for me? It never has.... Do I need a certain browser?

Oh look my email address is: oreficematt@hotmail.com

for anyone interested in making me smart about Ft. Wayne and Sweet Jesus!
peace out,
mo

sminki pinki
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  11:15:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://blackfrancis.net/splash.swf

"Idiot" is just her sig.
Go to Top of Page

Wade
- FB Fan -

115 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  14:40:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PixieSteve

http://blackfrancis.net/splash.swf

"Idiot" is just her sig.

Is that song that plays there "Ft. Wayne"

I've never heard it. What is it exactly?
Go to Top of Page

Ford Prefect
- FB Fan -

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  20:06:56  Show Profile  Visit Ford Prefect's Homepage  Click to see Ford Prefect's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I know exactly what the original poster means. An entire album of songs in the vein of 'Ft. Wayne' could possibly be my favorite album of all-time (yes, even over Pet Sounds!).

Also, I'm really loving that 'Sweet Jesus' tune. Like, REALLY loving it. Does anybody have a download link for the songs off that site, by chance?

Do you like worms?
Go to Top of Page

Skatealex1
* Dog in the Sand *

1645 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  20:17:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that sweet jesus tune hasn't been heard in full yet except by the people who worked on the song I'm guessing. But if every song on the cd is half as good as fort wayne and sweet jesus then I might just die of happiness when the cd leaks on oink

The Truth Is Out There
Go to Top of Page

shineoftheever
> Teenager of the Year <

Canada
4307 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  23:49:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is there something in my e-mail inbox? i sure wish there would be. thanks kind strangers.

The waxworks were an immensely eloquent dissertation on the wonderful ordinariness of mankind.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000