Page: of 8

darwin
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  11:14:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Czar

Well... Jack Daniels is a cure for Test Pilot Blues, I heard.

Jack Daniels ... Taint no use.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  16:10:47  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
xandra ontmoette herman in die club

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
Go to Top of Page

Cheeseman1000

Iceland
8201 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2007 :  01:22:32  Show Profile  Visit Cheeseman1000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is that Fiddy Cent in dutch?

Numberwang?
Go to Top of Page

Kirk
= Cult of Ray =

USA
633 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2007 :  09:06:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm looking forward to this album.

I hope the puke-factor is much lower this time. Ever since FB started having sex several years ago, he's been singing about it. That's a visual I don't want.
Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2007 :  11:19:33  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Especially as evoked by a title such as "Lolita"...
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2007 :  12:40:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Or "Tight Black Rubber" (which is probably about drugs, not sex).

Grand Marnier and a pocketful of speed. We did it all day until we started to bleed.
Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2007 :  12:57:43  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"Your Mouth Into Mine" also calls for intense images in my mind...

This CD smells sex all over.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2007 :  13:03:52  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yes and about someone who likes drugs, sex and rock and roll (in that particular order)

Go to Top of Page

Cheeseman1000

Iceland
8201 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  01:59:47  Show Profile  Visit Cheeseman1000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Threshold Apprehension anybody? Dirty.

Numberwang?
Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  05:16:20  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It can only be about precocious ejaculators.
Go to Top of Page

cassandra is
> Teenager of the Year <

France
4233 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  06:56:45  Show Profile  Visit cassandra is's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Czar

This CD smells sex all over.

I love that smell. oooooooooh...

pas de bras pas de chocolat
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  09:19:32  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Coastline and I emailed back and forth about the know obvious meaning of the whole album.

Are you ready to unleash the dragon Cohen?

Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  09:41:29  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am curious to hear your views on this, of course. I bet "She Took All the Money" is about a prostitute.
Go to Top of Page

bluefingerrocks
- FB Fan -

1 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  12:47:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you looking for the mother lode?
[DELETED]
There it is. Take it.

[NOTE FROM BRIAN: We, as a fan website which supports an artist, cannot endorse and make available leaks of albums. If you want to seek it out, that is your prerogative, but we will not stand for it. This is your warning, please do not post another link. Thank you. - Broken Face/Brian - Moderator]

Edited by - Broken Face on 03/23/2007 13:54:28
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  12:55:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope this is a joke. If it's really "Bluefinger," I fear for this forum's future.

EDIT: Thanks, Brian.

Edited by - coastline on 03/23/2007 14:05:45
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  23:40:55  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i'm suprised that this has been leaked in it's entirety so soon.
does this even have a record label or a release date.

but from the first 10 seconds of captain pasty i've listened to, it sounds like a goodan.

all i can say, thank god for polio! brian
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  05:04:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, you have to love that intro. The Man knows how to open an album.
Go to Top of Page

Grotesque
= Cult of Ray =

France
777 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  07:09:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ziggy

Yeah, you have to love that intro. The Man knows how to open an album.

Dont you think the voice should be a bit louder on Captain Patsy (especialy in the chorus)?
Or is it a trick to make you increase the volume of your stereo ?
Maybe it's because of the mp3 compression or my rotten mini stereo...

Was the trouble-bug-virus on this forum yesterday with the I FUCK YOU message from the leaking guy bluefingerrocks ?

And by the way, Brian, would you recommand the quick ones who could have it entirely before it was deleted to shut their big mouth or can "they" talk a bit about it?

Edited by - Grotesque on 03/25/2007 07:18:40
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  08:31:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The vocal is a little buried, isn't it?

I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't the finished mix. The left channel sounds a little bare. Maybe a few more guitar overdubs to come?
Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  08:38:39  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We can't stop anyone talking about it but I, personally, would advise some discretion. I don't want people starting to beg and moan for the album. I don't want it flaunted in peoples faces either.

Idiot.
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  08:54:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with Tre, it's pretty frustrating when you don't have the album and everyone else is talking about it. Maybe if you talk off line & out of the forum about it-- at least for now.

bluefinger
Go to Top of Page

Grotesque
= Cult of Ray =

France
777 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  09:58:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didnt find it frustrating when so much people had Fast Man Raiderman, I was very excited reading all the descriptions of each song. Actualy the thing I really dont like is listening just one song before the whole album (in that case "if your poison get you") because afterwards that song stays appart from the album forever.
But Tiven was involved too, so I guess it was more official.
So I'll shut up about Bluefinger, though Ziggy's question "Is it the final mix?" seemed very interesting.
For the begging point, for some material reasons I absolutely cannot load it anywhere or to anybody.
And anyway I wouldnt.
Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  10:03:53  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Wow. I guess I missed something.

http://www.prozacrat.com
www.myspace.com/prozacrat
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  16:14:13  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i just have to say that i'm loving the female backing vocals on this record.
it's been too long frank...too long.

Go to Top of Page

moksha23x
- FB Fan -

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  16:59:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benji

i just have to say that i'm loving the female backing vocals on this record.
it's been too long frank...too long.

Does anyone know who the Female Vocalists are?? Did Violet help with this project too?? Lovin' it too......
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  17:06:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Violet; going by what Frank posted a while ago.
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  17:36:15  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Why don't you guys start a new thread a "bluefinger spoilers" thread, so that people who don't want to have their surprise ruined can avoid it, and this can stay the informative thread with release dates, etc?

-Brian - http://bvsrant.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2007 :  01:26:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeha, alright, sorry.
Go to Top of Page

TheScooper
- FB Fan -

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2007 :  07:49:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how is it that frank's last three albums were all leaked? Does this happen to other artists?
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2007 :  08:01:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It got leaked for the same reason everything else in the world gets leaked: Somebody wanted it out there. It's rarely an accident.

Grand Marnier and a pocketful of speed. We did it all day until we started to bleed.
Go to Top of Page

IceManCometh
- FB Fan -

58 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2007 :  08:02:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheScooper

how is it that frank's last three albums were all leaked? Does this happen to other artists?

I think it happens to just about every anticipated record these days. Recent, hyped-up releases such as Arcade Fire, Modest Mouse, LCD Soundsystem were available months---even as much as a half year---before their official release. Arcade Fire's Neon Bible was out there since December, I believe, and having just been released a few weeks ago shot to number two on Billboard. This seriously brings into question whether or not there's any correlation between file sharing and diminishing record sales.

Of course, this isn't the time or place for such a debate, I figure. I mean only to say that I'm not surprised records get leaked. You share with a few people and then it's going to spread exponentially. I've yet to hear Bluefinger, but I'm sure it's making the rounds somewhere out there.
Go to Top of Page

anazgnos
= Cult of Ray =

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2007 :  08:04:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Broken Face

Why don't you guys start a new thread a "bluefinger spoilers" thread, so that people who don't want to have their surprise ruined can avoid it, and this can stay the informative thread with release dates, etc?

I personally don't see how an album can be "spoiled" by doing anything other than listening to it, but *SPOILER WARNING*

OK...it's been a rough couple years for me as a fan...I wasn't against the Pixies reunion in principle, but, you know, in selfish terms, it broke the cycle of solid releases and constant touring I had enjoyed for many years with the Catholics...the Nashville albums did nothing for me...the last two solo-band shows I saw were great, but I was increasingly feeling left out in the cold by where it seemed Frank was headed. So in that context...

BLUEFINGER FUCKING KICKS ASS.

I can't believe he's made such an awesome album. This has totally blindsided me.

You know what it sounds like to me more than anything else, is like a spirit brother to SSMVGD. Off-the-cuff, and brilliant.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2007 :  08:25:41  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
most raw since FB and the C's debut and indeed kinda like SSMBVGD and maybe a bit of Surfer Rosa in it. White Stripes too

Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2007 :  08:27:50  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
...and a bit of romance and wildness

Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2007 :  09:33:27  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anazgnos

quote:
Originally posted by Broken Face

I personally don't see how an album can be "spoiled" by doing anything other than listening to it, but *SPOILER WARNING*

I think it can easily be spoiled. Lyrical content, tempo, instrumentation, general mood of a song can all be easily described. For the people out there who want their first listen to be pure, these things can cause anticipation of coming things. "Well, this song sucks, but at least everyone is saying ____ is a great song." Or "funny, i don't hear the harmonica on this song" or whatever the case may be. Personally, my feathers are not so easily ruffled, but some people's may be. [/rant]

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000