Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

Jefrey
= Cult of Ray =

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  17:57:41  Show Profile  Visit Jefrey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by moksha23x

quote:
Originally posted by mikaelp75

In the beginning of this third "message" it seems like he's been in a skiing accident after stopping for drinks every once in awhile on the way down. "top" as in mountain, "cocaine" could be snow etc.

In the last (4th) cryptic messeage he used the word, "metaalmuilezel".....When that word is looked up you get, :
metaalmuilezel
Medial malleolus

The medial surface of the lower extremity of tibia is prolonged downward to form a strong pyramidal process, flattened from without inward - the medial malleolus.
The medial surface of this process is convex and subcutaneous;
its lateral or articular surface is smooth and slightly concave, and articulates with the talus;
its anterior border is rough, for the attachment of the anterior fibers of the deltoid ligament of the ankle-joint;

Unrelated, I once broke that part of the ankle bone, which I was told was almost impossible to do.

I had a cast up to my waist for 6 weeks, and it really sucked. When the cast came off, my leg was completely atrophied and so I had one normal leg and one that looked like popsicle stick. Really weird.

========
jeffamerica
========
Go to Top of Page

Jefrey
= Cult of Ray =

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  18:04:28  Show Profile  Visit Jefrey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Whoa.....

Has anyone ever attempted to read James Joyce's "Finnegan's Wake". Well this reminds me of that book. Joyce interlaces different languages, nonsense, stream of conscousness throughout the book.
Kerouac attempted a simialar book in the first parts of "Visions of Cody" he interlaces French, English, puns, nonsense, phonetical sounds, stream of consciousness.
They were both really difficult reads.
I wonder if these pieces written by FB (or was he hacked and someone's laughing at us) really mean something. I started to think they did because I found structure and there appeared to be several words often Dutch having to do with similar concepts. This new one is packed with craziness. Its pretty entertaining but I'm beginning to wonder if this all some joke or is something really trying to be conveyed?

Our house was filled,
with many birds
She said to me,
"I can Understand their words"

Yeah, people that try to understand Joyce are suckers. He just wanted to mess with people and see who would fall for it.

I'm not falling for it Frnk. Nice try!

Although props for nice use of "metaalmuilezel" - it's not easy to slip that into a sentence.

========
jeffamerica
========
Go to Top of Page

moksha23x
- FB Fan -

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  19:08:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jefrey

Unrelated, I once broke that part of the ankle bone, which I was told was almost impossible to do.

I had a cast up to my waist for 6 weeks, and it really sucked. When the cast came off, my leg was completely atrophied and so I had one normal leg and one that looked like popsicle stick. Really weird.

I had an ACL reconstruction.....I didn't use my leg for a while.....it also atrophied. Yeah "Really Weird" the atrophied leg looks so crazy next to your normal leg.
Go to Top of Page

moksha23x
- FB Fan -

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  19:09:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yeah, people that try to understand Joyce are suckers. He just wanted to mess with people and see who would fall for it.

That's a ridiculous statement, but I'm assuming you're attempting to get a rise out of someone. Have you ever tried to 'understand' any of Joyce's other work (other than Finnegan's Wake). 'Dubliner's' and 'Portrait of the artist as a young man' are quite understandable. In his later years he experimented more with 'Stream of Consciousness' and I'm pretty sure it wasn't to entertain himself by watching "suckers fall for it".......don't you think an already successful artist had better things to do.

"May you have warm words on a cold evening, a full moon on a dark night, and a smooth road all the way to your door."

Edited by - moksha23x on 02/05/2007 19:49:29
Go to Top of Page

my_name_is_chip
- FB Fan -

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  19:37:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Charles is in Oregon with his family. This board has quite a fantasy going on. Where would you be after releasing Christmass and touring? I am no artist, but that is where I would be if I were him. Reading books and getting fodder for more music.

How about a song about the guy who took a wrong turn in the mountains? Or something about the tragedies on Mt Hood that happen every year? You have got to have something in you regarding big foot...Or maybe a diddy about the homeless who live under the Burnside Bridge.

You know, Dylan use to read the news micro-fiche in the library for inspiration, and Bukowski went to the track, Hemingway to the bullfights.

Frank Black - What do you do to keep the creativity? What inspires you as a writer?
Go to Top of Page

Steak n Sabre
* Dog in the Sand *

Uzbekistan
1013 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  21:39:04  Show Profile  Visit Steak n Sabre's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think I've finally got this figured out....

It was Col. Mustard in the Drawing Room with a Candlestick.

What?... Me Worry???
Go to Top of Page

scruvs
= Cult of Ray =

353 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  22:06:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is no drawing room.

The only thing that's clear is that there will be 15 tracks on the album.

Jefrey
= Cult of Ray =

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2007 :  01:04:50  Show Profile  Visit Jefrey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

That's a ridiculous statement, but I'm assuming you're attempting to get a rise out of someone.

Ha ha! Got a rise out of you!

I actually enjoyed Finnegan's, Dubliners, and Portrait, but I thought Ulysses, especially after watching my room mate take an entire semester in college analyzing it...well at the end of it all, I think he was just (mostly) messing with people on Ulysses. Or he was insane. Or both. At any rate, my friend was insane after trying figure it all out. I decided to pass and read Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas instead. That's the type of book you should be reading in college ;)

========
jeffamerica
========

Edited by - Jefrey on 02/06/2007 01:05:14
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2007 :  11:21:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bet when Frank wrote Pong, he was ssitting around fretting about not being able to find the game in any bars anywhere.

Perhaps I'm reading into it too much. ;)
Go to Top of Page

lumpy
- FB Fan -

127 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2007 :  11:52:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This thread has proven that even when he is taking a well-deserved break after continuous months of hard work, Frank Black is still able to keep his fans thoroughly entertained.
Go to Top of Page

Don Eduardo
= Cult of Ray =

Australia
403 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  14:28:06  Show Profile  Click to see Don Eduardo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
A decipherable post!! Haha. New album you beauty....Black Francis?
Go to Top of Page

tisasawath
= Cult of Ray =

Wallis and Futuna Islands
783 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  14:28:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ah, it was so obvious!

-----
AAAAWWWWWRRRIIGGHHTTTTT !! !
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  14:46:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Screw the Pixies! He's been working on yet another project! This guy is soon to be more prolific than Robert Pollard.

Harmonica, eh? I think that'll be a first.

Please pardon me, for these my wrongs.
Go to Top of Page

toeknee
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
281 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  14:47:32  Show Profile  Click to see toeknee's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Who are Jason and Dan I wonder? I'm going to guess and say Jason Orange. Anyway, incredible news!
Go to Top of Page

s_wrenn
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1851 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  14:57:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah! new album!
Hm, Black Francis, not Frank Black? Very interesting indeed

@ * ~ ¦ ¬ . , |
Go to Top of Page

edbanky
= Cult of Ray =

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
388 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  15:22:47  Show Profile  Visit edbanky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by frnck blck

blackfrancisBLUEFINGER

1. captain pasty
2. threshold apprehension
3. test pilot blues
4. lolita
5. tight black rubber
6. angels come to comfort you
7. your mouth into mine
8. discotheque 36
9. you can't break a heart and have it
10. she took all the money
11. bluefinger

blackVOCALGUITARHARMONICA
jasonDRUMS
danBASS
violetVOCAL

produced by mark

We love Frank because this is his version of a goddamn press release. This whole fuckin' thread.

Tiny Axe (MySpace)
Me singing
Go to Top of Page

edbanky
= Cult of Ray =

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
388 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  15:23:54  Show Profile  Visit edbanky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wonder how much vox Miss Thing provides. Like a few leads? All backup?

Dis ist exciting.

Tiny Axe (MySpace)
Me singing
Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  15:50:16  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I approve of this.

http://www.prozacrat.com
www.myspace.com/prozacrat
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  17:20:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think The Man should start posting as blck_frncis now.

Go to Top of Page

matto
= Cult of Ray =

USA
943 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  17:31:42  Show Profile  Visit matto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Like, wow.

So nice. So awesome. I am a wide-grinning mo-fo right now.

: ) !!!

sminki pinki
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  18:39:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, we'll dig it. We're easy that way. Now when/where can we hear it?

(I give this forum ten minutes to start questioning whether this is really The Man.)

Go to Top of Page

Dogfish
- FB Fan -

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  18:42:59  Show Profile  Visit Dogfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok. I'm coming over

Edit: should I bring beer or pot?

Edited by - Dogfish on 02/07/2007 18:43:47
Go to Top of Page

martha_promise
= Cult of Ray =

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  18:43:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, this is great news!

-Tom

"We conjure ghosts and then we feed them"
Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  18:47:22  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So do you even know how to take a break? I mean, I'm not complaining.

Dietr

Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  18:48:15  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
How about a serene face?

Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  18:51:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The king is holding court!

Just e-mail me the pic and I'll post it. :)

Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  19:01:11  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure how pictures are regularly posted on this forum, as I've rarely done it, but I believe you first need to upload a picture to the internet somewhere. An online photoalbum, or Flickr page, or something like that. You can post a link to the page in your post, then someone more picture-postable can upload it to the thread.

Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  19:09:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's what Daisy Girl told me offline about posting pix:

I saw that you're still figuring out how to post a pic on fb.net.

All you need to do is open up an acct with photobucket.com or photobucket.net.

It will tell you to upload a photo. Underneath the image it will give you a couple of internet for the image. I am pretty sure you want to copy the one that says IMG and paste it into your post. If that doesn't work... try one of the other links and that will work fo' sure!

Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  19:38:09  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Most serene indeed. I, for one, believe it's you.

Anything else you can tell us of Bluefinger? Or Dan, Jason or Mark?

Also, are you working from a newer MacBook or MacBook Pro with that handy little iSight? Those things are a hoot!

Edited by - prozacrat on 02/07/2007 21:25:53
Go to Top of Page

josephmichael
- FB Fan -

27 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  19:45:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it's gonna be fun going back to this page when the album comes out and compare the actual lyrics of "threshold apprehension", "Captain Pasty" and "Bluefinger" to these babelfished ones. Nice little game Mr. Francis. I, for one, enjoyed the whole thing (except for when people were so mean to Moksha).
Go to Top of Page

danjersey
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
2787 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  19:47:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dude you are starting to remind me of leonard cohen.
can not wait to hear the new tunes.

Signature checkbox
checked by default?
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  19:50:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You sure you can't make a couple demos available or something?

Go to Top of Page

FranknWeezer
= Cult of Ray =

USA
356 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  20:59:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So BF what was that stuff about drunk in Mississippi? Don't tell me you came back through here and I missed it. Don't do me like that.
-FranknWeezer
Go to Top of Page

Steak n Sabre
* Dog in the Sand *

Uzbekistan
1013 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  21:15:51  Show Profile  Visit Steak n Sabre's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lol, nice photobooth shot, welcome back...

What?... Me Worry???
Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7437 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2007 :  00:45:20  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Awesome news. Uptempo, eh? I'm thinking of something similar to 50 Ft Wave. Now that would kick ass.

There's a typo in your message though, it says "produced by mark" instead of "produced by eric". Or is that Mark Mulcahy?

Denis

"Can you hear me? I aint got shit to say."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000