Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

Born to Lose
- FB Fan -

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2007 :  05:36:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There seems to be quite a lull in FB news ever since Christmass. Where happened? Did he join the circus? Did he convert to Kabbalism? Where in the world is Frank Black?

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2007 :  05:42:23  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It has been very, very quiet, but I guess even the greats deserve some time off to spend with family and friends. Just not too long, hey frank.
Go to Top of Page

pixiestu
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2564 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2007 :  06:12:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've had a really good dosage of Frank Black in the past year to keep us going for now (FMRM, Christmass, tour etc.). He deserves a break.

"The arc of triumph"
Go to Top of Page

mrgrieves1971
= Cult of Ray =

USA
544 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2007 :  07:19:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Probably changing diapers, going to the mall, yelling at the kids, watching the movie "Cars" on DVD for the 100th time. The same stuff I'm doing.
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2007 :  08:25:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dad gum!

And aren't you havin' fun?
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2007 :  09:03:42  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Guys, Frank is absent but check Kees' post out:

http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?whichpage=0.571428571428571&TOPIC_ID=16579#386277

New Frank! Courtesy of "Adam and Joe's" Adam. V cool.

http://adam-buxton.co.uk/ad/

Edited by - fbc on 01/20/2007 09:06:25
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2007 :  20:51:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
maybe recording a Pixies album??? one can only hope...
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  16:11:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I made a thread for drunken posts last night. You should probably move this over there. Heh.

Go to Top of Page

Don Eduardo
= Cult of Ray =

Australia
403 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  16:16:34  Show Profile  Click to see Don Eduardo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Holy Shit. That looks like it was babelfished from dutch. Do we gather that there is an 11-track album called "Blue Finger" coming in the American summer of this year?
Go to Top of Page

s_wrenn
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1851 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  16:22:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So,
you’re saying that you’re recording a new pixies album in the Netherlands, the album will be called Blue Finger, there are eleven tracks on the album, and it will be released in summer 2007.

…right?

(Ah, Sir Eduardo beat me to it)

THE RUMOURS STARTS HERE!
I heard that Blue Finger is being recorded in an kettle factory to get “that” 21st century pixies sound…

@ * ~ ¦ ¬ . , |

Edited by - s_wrenn on 01/22/2007 16:26:01
Go to Top of Page

Don Eduardo
= Cult of Ray =

Australia
403 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  16:25:55  Show Profile  Click to see Don Eduardo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Whatever it means, great to see FB on the board again. By the way Frank...is Australia on or off?
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  16:26:11  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hear the riddle that he says!!
Go to Top of Page

s_wrenn
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1851 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  16:28:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just heading off to bed when i came across frncks post, now i know i wont sleep tonight.

@ * ~ ¦ ¬ . , |
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  16:31:14  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
don't tell me you've just googled "onvermengd"? this riddle will do damage to the greatest of minds. be careful, Seán.
Go to Top of Page

s_wrenn
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1851 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  16:35:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't google it till you said it. now i'm on wiki, google, and google translate trying to track this thing down
(Hey, you got the "á")

From what i came across: onvermengd = Absolute, pure, perfect, complete, true.

@ * ~ ¦ ¬ . , |

Edited by - s_wrenn on 01/22/2007 16:38:11
Go to Top of Page

Don Eduardo
= Cult of Ray =

Australia
403 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  16:42:51  Show Profile  Click to see Don Eduardo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Do you think he's sort of replying to Daisy Girl's post? Otherwise it might be an FB album (just as good)
Go to Top of Page

s_wrenn
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1851 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  16:47:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll blindly go with the belief that he's replying to daisy girl.

[EDIT]
Kroost seems to mean “offspring”

@ * ~ ¦ ¬ . , |

Edited by - s_wrenn on 01/22/2007 16:57:56
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  16:55:44  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Any music written by Don Charles Thompson is much appreciated.
(i got the á? you sure it's not a speck of dirt on your screen, Sean?)

Edited by - fbc on 01/22/2007 16:56:01
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  16:56:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I concur. Something about "I make the album of that" -- whatever it originally said before being translated and retranslated -- suggests he was replying to Daisy Girl.

I wonder, though, about "blue finger." When you do these translations back and forth, certain words get changed and others never do. I suspect "blue" never changes. Colors likely come back correct in translation. I'm not so sure about "finger." That could have started as something else. Like "digit" or something.

Anyway, fun riddle. Thanks, Frank.

Go to Top of Page

s_wrenn
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1851 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  17:02:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fbc

Any music written by Don Charles Thompson is much appreciated.
(i got the á? you sure it's not a speck of dirt on your screen, Sean?)

Stupidly, i did in-fact scroll back up to see if something was lining up on my screen.
I'm so demented right now.

Come on frnck. i bet you're still on the forum right now. If you're with us, give us a sign

Okay, my last decipherment for tonight will be that there might be some form of official announcement next Saturday (“the general admittingness of the night of Saturday”)

Then again, maybe I’m just throwing shit at the walls with all this speculation

@ * ~ ¦ ¬ . , |

Edited by - s_wrenn on 01/22/2007 17:45:07
Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7437 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  00:09:48  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I suspect a 15-pages long thread has just started. That's a great riddle. Or, frnck just copy/pasted some spam he received.

Denis

"Can you hear me? I aint got shit to say."
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  02:29:08  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by frnck blck

I make the album of that
And the opera of the large kroost
The general admittingness
Of the night of Saturday
Is perhaps new the fact
That titled blue finger
Is because of this city
In the Netherlands
That the place of birth he made this
So that much of large arts is

And this blue finger report
Still has onvermengd
And which numbering songs
From eleven in the summer 2007
Was solved
Was solved
Was solved

My gawd - it's a new Pixies song!!!

-----
BLACKOLERO le only Frank Black / Pixies site 100% in français
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7437 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  02:37:06  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Actually it's

Was so-o-o-olved
Was so-olved
Was so-ah-uh
Was so-olved
Was so-olved (solved!)

Denis

Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  02:44:25  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I bet it's called "Trompe les Fans" :)

-----
BLACKOLERO le only Frank Black / Pixies site 100% in français
Go to Top of Page

remig
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1734 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  06:48:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
let's look for an acrostich, or some word game...
Go to Top of Page

mrgrieves1971
= Cult of Ray =

USA
544 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  07:14:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by frnck blck

I make the album of that, and the opera of the large kroost the general admittingness of the night of Saturday is perhaps new the fact that titled blue finger is because of this city in the Netherlands that the place of birth he made this, so that much of large arts is, and this blue finger report still has onvermengd, and which numbering songs from eleven in the summer 2007 was solved

Love ya dude, but huh?
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
5994 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  07:18:14  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
there's a snookerclub called 'de blauwe vinger' (blue finger) in The Netherlands

Kroost means childeren btw

---------------------------
God save the Noisies
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
5994 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  07:19:22  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
and a theatre called blauwfinger in Zwolle
that's where Frank always plays a show when he's in holland
( In Zwolle, not that theatre)

God save the Noisies
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
5994 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  07:21:13  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
"Blue Fingers" ("blauwvingers" in dutch) is a nickname for citizens of Zwolle. Once somewhere in history, the nearby town of Kampen paid reluctantly too high a price for second hand city bells from Zwolle. The money was delivered in Zwolle in large bags of small copper coins, which led to blue fingers when it was counted

God save the Noisies
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
5994 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  07:21:43  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Frank loves urban history. It could have something to do with that

God save the Noisies
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7437 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  07:30:49  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"Large children opera"? What the hell? And what about "the place of birth he made this"?

Denis

Go to Top of Page

kfs
= Cult of Ray =

USA
889 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  10:20:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it definitely means something. Is he giving us info that's not ready for the general public?...Is he trying to give us a little tidbit to chew on, a hint, because we're superfans? I bet he really gets a kick out of coming here and seeing what we're saying about his latest post/tour/music/whatever!

Can you imagine...all the Pixies sitting around at a studio somewhere...they have a little downtime and he's checking out this site...He types in that crazy message and says to his bandmates, "Now watch this...they're gonna go crazy! Hehe..."
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  11:29:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
goo goo g'joob

FAST_MAN  RAIDER_MAN - June 19th
Go to Top of Page

Kees
- FB Fan -

Netherlands
16 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  18:38:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, let me have a crack at this über riddle as well...

Being Dutch myself I copied and pasted the text back into Babel Fish, translating it back into Dutch to see if this would yield anything. Unfortunately nothing amazing was revealed. However, assuming Frank would be replying to Daisy Girl, the reply "I make the album of that [what you have mentioned, i.e. the Pixies]" would make sense. He then proceeds to say roughly the following, when I translate back from Babel Fish’s Dutch to English: the opera (meaning press?) of the large group of offspring {in Dutch: kroost} (meaning fans?) will have admitted to them on Saturday night the possibly new fact which is titled Blue Finger because this city in the Netherlands is the place of birth where he made this, as so much great art was made. This Blue Finger report is as of yet unmixed (in Dutch, onvermengd, taken from Frank's text), and the twelve numbers (meaning tracks?) will be solved.

I guess my attempt at analysis so far sounds even more drunk than Franks' original statement, but to rephrase my own ramblings into proper English:

I am making an album of that what Daisy Girl asked me about, i.e. a Pixies Album. Through a press release on Saturday night the fans will hear of the new album, called Blue Finger. The album is called Blue Finger as it was recorded in the city where so much great art was made. The album is not yet mixed (onvermengd), but this should be done by the summer of 2007.

As for the city he is talking about, billgoodman’s suggestion of Zwolle is certainly a possibility. The story he tells of the city of Kampen and the copper coins is very interesting in it’s own right, but I am still more inclined to think that Frank is talking about the city of Delft. I see two clear connections between Delft and Frank’s (possible) statement that Blue Finger is recorded in a city with a great art history. Firstly, the city of Delft is famous for its porcelain, which is appropriately called Delfts Blauw. This translates into Delft Blue, even though the porcelain goes by the name of Delftware in English: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delftware Also from Delft is one of the Dutch Masters (painters from the 17th century, among whom are names like Rembrandt), namely Johannes Vermeer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johannes_Vermeer Delft also has a very rich history (something that always seems to ring Frank’s bell), both in terms of culture and Dutch Royalty. For more details on Delft: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delft.

Well, let’s just call this my two cents, as this essay is certainly not worth anything more than that! Hopefully Frank will soon show us just how many galaxies this interpretation is removed from the truth…

Just for the record, I am not from Delft
Go to Top of Page

ScottP
= Cult of Ray =

USA
618 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  19:18:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just hope the Charles riddle doesn't end with him g-teching for Sting or something evil like that.
Go to Top of Page

The New Bolero
= Cult of Ray =

394 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  20:36:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So if there's no press release on Saturday, then it's back to the drawing board?

Either way, I gotta tell you this is why it's so much fun being a Frank/Pixies fan. Beyonce and Justin Timerlake don't do cool mysterious stuff like this for their fans. Or do they? Is Frnck just staeling a page out of the Nickelback promotions playbook?

At any rate, great job Kees. I think you cracked it.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000