Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 General Frank Black Chat
 Connection between The Water and Bullet.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Born to Lose
- FB Fan -

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  14:04:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone noticed the similarities between these songs? They both are about Frank Black's father and they have both have parts where the first chord is played minor and then is played as a major. Thoughts?

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  19:16:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I noticed the father thing, but that's about it. What other songs are about his father, or at least mention him? I can think of these two and "Fitzgerald." There must be more.

I could not find my honeycomb.
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  00:29:39  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Born to Lose

Has anyone noticed the similarities between these songs? They both are about Frank Black's father and they have both have parts where the first chord is played minor and then is played as a major. Thoughts?

Bartholomew.

quote:
What other songs are about his father, or at least mention him?

At a guess, I say 'Sing For Joy'. Someone posted the other day about his father's death, something I'd never read about before. I don't know if it were true and I don't want or need to know, but there are a couple of lines that stand out if the post was indeed accurate.

Go to Top of Page

mixedbizz
- FB Fan -

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  02:48:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fbc

[quote]Originally posted by Born to Lose

I don't know if it were true and I don't want or need to know,

well said.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  09:34:37  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Born to Lose

Funny, Brian and I were just talking about the similarities when he was here. Definitely very interesting.

"Now you're officially my woman. Kudos. I can't say I don't envy you."
Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  10:11:16  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, the similarity is quite obvious. Frank ripped himself off!

Denis

Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  10:37:34  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
GN: You used the bridge section from the original version of "Subbacultcha" to make a whole new song on Trompe Le Monde. That kinda strikes me as cheating, were you running out of ideas towards the end?

FB: Why is that cheating? I can do whatever I want with my own songs for corn's sake. The "original" version as you say is the one that got published on Trompe Le Monde. What you hear on the purple tape (released this past July) is a previously unpublished version of the song. If you feel cheated beause you purchased two songs of mine that happen to feature an overlapped chorus (not a bridge) then feel free to patronize another artist. As far as running out if ideas is concerned, that's for you, my darling critic, to decide on your own.

Go to Top of Page

mantaraysallright
- FB Fan -

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  00:25:34  Show Profile  Visit mantaraysallright's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Frank defiantly put that guy in his place haha. I don't think there's anything wrong with this, frank has quite a decent sized discography its not a surprise that there would be a little overlap.
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  12:08:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, it occured to me too. Different keys, but featuring a similar little 'walking' riff. Great songs.
Go to Top of Page

MarshalltheMarsist
- FB Fan -

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  17:49:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fbc

GN: You used the bridge section from the original version of "Subbacultcha" to make a whole new song on Trompe Le Monde. That kinda strikes me as cheating, were you running out of ideas towards the end?

FB: Why is that cheating? I can do whatever I want with my own songs for corn's sake. The "original" version as you say is the one that got published on Trompe Le Monde. What you hear on the purple tape (released this past July) is a previously unpublished version of the song. If you feel cheated beause you purchased two songs of mine that happen to feature an overlapped chorus (not a bridge) then feel free to patronize another artist. As far as running out if ideas is concerned, that's for you, my darling critic, to decide on your own.

lol pwnd
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000