-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 General Frank Black Chat
 Connection between The Water and Bullet.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Born to Lose Posted - 11/10/2006 : 14:04:25
Has anyone noticed the similarities between these songs? They both are about Frank Black's father and they have both have parts where the first chord is played minor and then is played as a major. Thoughts?

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
MarshalltheMarsist Posted - 11/16/2006 : 17:49:27
quote:
Originally posted by fbc

GN: You used the bridge section from the original version of "Subbacultcha" to make a whole new song on Trompe Le Monde. That kinda strikes me as cheating, were you running out of ideas towards the end?

FB: Why is that cheating? I can do whatever I want with my own songs for corn's sake. The "original" version as you say is the one that got published on Trompe Le Monde. What you hear on the purple tape (released this past July) is a previously unpublished version of the song. If you feel cheated beause you purchased two songs of mine that happen to feature an overlapped chorus (not a bridge) then feel free to patronize another artist. As far as running out if ideas is concerned, that's for you, my darling critic, to decide on your own.

lol pwnd
Ziggy Posted - 11/14/2006 : 12:08:23
Yeah, it occured to me too. Different keys, but featuring a similar little 'walking' riff. Great songs.
mantaraysallright Posted - 11/14/2006 : 00:25:34
Frank defiantly put that guy in his place haha. I don't think there's anything wrong with this, frank has quite a decent sized discography its not a surprise that there would be a little overlap.
fbc Posted - 11/11/2006 : 10:37:34
GN: You used the bridge section from the original version of "Subbacultcha" to make a whole new song on Trompe Le Monde. That kinda strikes me as cheating, were you running out of ideas towards the end?

FB: Why is that cheating? I can do whatever I want with my own songs for corn's sake. The "original" version as you say is the one that got published on Trompe Le Monde. What you hear on the purple tape (released this past July) is a previously unpublished version of the song. If you feel cheated beause you purchased two songs of mine that happen to feature an overlapped chorus (not a bridge) then feel free to patronize another artist. As far as running out if ideas is concerned, that's for you, my darling critic, to decide on your own.

vilainde Posted - 11/11/2006 : 10:11:16
Yeah, the similarity is quite obvious. Frank ripped himself off!

Denis

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 11/11/2006 : 09:34:37
quote:
Originally posted by Born to Lose

Has anyone noticed the similarities between these songs? They both are about Frank Black's father and they have both have parts where the first chord is played minor and then is played as a major. Thoughts?

Funny, Brian and I were just talking about the similarities when he was here. Definitely very interesting.

"Now you're officially my woman. Kudos. I can't say I don't envy you."
mixedbizz Posted - 11/11/2006 : 02:48:12
quote:
Originally posted by fbc

[quote]Originally posted by Born to Lose

I don't know if it were true and I don't want or need to know,

well said.
fbc Posted - 11/11/2006 : 00:29:39
quote:
Originally posted by Born to Lose

Bartholomew.

quote:
What other songs are about his father, or at least mention him?

At a guess, I say 'Sing For Joy'. Someone posted the other day about his father's death, something I'd never read about before. I don't know if it were true and I don't want or need to know, but there are a couple of lines that stand out if the post was indeed accurate.

coastline Posted - 11/10/2006 : 19:16:53
I noticed the father thing, but that's about it. What other songs are about his father, or at least mention him? I can think of these two and "Fitzgerald." There must be more.

I could not find my honeycomb.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000