Why the Sacramento Music Scene Sucks!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

robyo
- FB Fan -

1 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  01:15:12  Show Profile
As a native I would like to appologise to all those who attended tonights show for the incesent chatter throughout the club. I lived in the SF bay area for many years before returning to my home town for work reasons. All the FB shows I've seen have been in SF and the bay area before tonight and they all had been quite memorable. I was excited to see Frank within a short walk from my pad, and yet no matter how good his set was the crowd obviously irked him. You get a chance to see FB in this cow town and I'm sure it's the last one you'll have. The incessent talking through every song that wasn't an obvious Pixies tune (they even talked through Ed Is Dead) was purely moronic. They guy was making music over the 15 years since the Pixies broke up! If you don't want to hear his full body of work, don't come to the show. I say this as if there will be another chance to see him in this music forsaken town. Sacramento blows and I can wait to be gone from this cultural void!

darwin
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  01:30:30  Show Profile
Seems like you missed a hell of a show worrying about what others were doing. I didn't notice any irk in the man and he sure poured out his heart.

http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16858

Edited by - darwin on 09/01/2006 01:32:54
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  07:28:13  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
I don't really understand the chatter either (though I wasn't at that show). I mean, didn't you pay to come hear/see/witness this? Isn't that why you're there. That said, as Darwin pointed out, we have a thread for discussing that show. Sorry you had such a bad time (continue convo in there) and welcome aboard.

"No man remains quite what he was when he recognizes himself."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000