Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Adam
= Cult of Ray =

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2006 :  09:29:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, I just purchased my tix for this show. Will anybody from the boards be attending?

Free the Heel!

tiredeyes
- FB Fan -

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2006 :  22:49:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'll be there, look for the old geezer in the red east berlin pa. cap.....frank in amish country...en grooser daag!!!!( a great day!!!!)
Go to Top of Page

Adam
= Cult of Ray =

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  05:38:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great, sounds like your a yocal to the area. Do you know of any descent record (LP) stores in the area?

Free the Heel!
Go to Top of Page

kelladwella
= Cult of Ray =

Germany
729 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  06:00:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You got an East Berlin in Pennsylvania? For real? How cool.
Go to Top of Page

Oil Boy
- FB Fan -

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  08:48:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm probably going to be there, not definite but it's looking good. I usually see Frank in Philadelphia but there's no solo show there, just the Foo Fighters show. It's a long drive from New Jersey but it's all worth it for Frank.

If you see two fools standing next to each other in their thirties with short brown hair, glasses & goatees, I'll be one of them. A third guy may join us who looks like Telly Savalas.
Go to Top of Page

Adam
= Cult of Ray =

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2006 :  09:53:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I received my ticket on Saturday, whoo hoo.

Free the Heel!
Go to Top of Page

tt
- FB Fan -

70 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2006 :  18:58:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any insight on the Chameleon? I have to be in DC on Tuesday at 10:30am, might make for a good midpoint...
Go to Top of Page

tiredeyes
- FB Fan -

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  04:53:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tt,
it's a nice size club for seeing artists,it has an upper level which allows you to look down on the stage.there's a parking garage right across from the club,(think it's $3.00 bucks).if you are general admission you may want to be there early. the club gets crowded fast. web sight...www.chameleonclub.net

adam
don't get to lancaster enough to know what's good, there's record connection at 550 n.reading road, and if you'll be going through york pa. there's iko's on 2300 n. market st.
Go to Top of Page

Adam
= Cult of Ray =

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  09:48:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks tire. How many people does the club hold, for seeing shows, and it says there is a first come first serve seated area, is it all seated?

Free the Heel!
Go to Top of Page

tiredeyes
- FB Fan -

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2006 :  06:30:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that's the confusing part, my ticket has a seat and row #, but at the same time it says general admission. if chairs are being set up it will be the first time that i know of that's ever been done at the chameleon. i'm going to try to get some info. from the club.
Go to Top of Page

Oil Boy
- FB Fan -

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2006 :  12:42:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The ticketing is really odd, I've never seen anything like it. Here a link + some info from the Chameleon website:
-----------------------
www.chameleonclub.net/calendar.asp?date=8/14/2006
$15 GA Standing / $ 20 GA Seating
There will be limited seating for this show. General admission seating will be first come first serve the day of the show.
-----------------------

I guess that means the tickets ordered in advance will be for the floor & the tickets bought the day of the show will for the balcony. But either way, since both are General Admission it sounds we should get there as early as possible.

Not that this little story will help us but I couldn't help of thinking of when I saw Frank at the Trocadero in Philadelphia in '96. Some asshole threw a cup of beer from the balcony & it hit Frank right in the chest. Frank wasn't a happy camper. Anyway, I've seen Frank twice at the same place since & both times the balcony was closed, they only opened the floor. It's probably unrelated, but maybe Frank has some deal in his contract to discourage or exclude balconies.
Go to Top of Page

tt
- FB Fan -

70 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2006 :  03:26:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tiredeyes

tt,
it's a nice size club for seeing artists,it has an upper level which allows you to look down on the stage.there's a parking garage right across from the club,(think it's $3.00 bucks).if you are general admission you may want to be there early. the club gets crowded fast. web sight...www.chameleonclub.net

Thanks, just ordered my tickets!
Go to Top of Page

Adam
= Cult of Ray =

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2006 :  09:05:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You think there is going to be a big crowd? I've seen him twice with the C's and both shows have been max 250 people.

Free the Heel!
Go to Top of Page

Oil Boy
- FB Fan -

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2006 :  11:36:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Adam - Good to know, you’re right, there doesn’t seem to be a need to show up super early. The last time I saw Frank was with the Pixies, which obviously drew a ton of fans.
Go to Top of Page

Adam
= Cult of Ray =

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2006 :  09:27:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a three hour trip for me to Lancaster, does anyone want to do a meey up for some beer and tacos (the Frank meal of choice)before the show?

Free the Heel!
Go to Top of Page

Oil Boy
- FB Fan -

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  13:02:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wish I could but I can't. The guy I'm going with only lives a few miles from the Chameleon & we're going to be hanging out there with our wives & kids prior to the show. Too bad, it's not an all ages show, I'd bring the whole family.
Go to Top of Page

Adam
= Cult of Ray =

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  07:19:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll have the Bossanova lapel pin on(if I remember to grab it), so if you see me say hello.

7/27/99 9:30 Club DC
6/18/00 Fletcher's Baltimore
Go to Top of Page

unsomnambulist
- FB Fan -

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2006 :  14:58:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will be there with my recently converted FB fan wife.
THANK YOU - another convert. I should be in politics.

Hey I thought Reid Paley was on the script for this gig.
Go to Top of Page

Neptune
- FB Fan -

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  06:06:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
long drive for me too...about 2 1/2 hours, but a year from now i wont remember the drive but will remember the show! gotta get a babysitter too so i can leave early enough! anybody know about what time FB goes on (with all due respect to Cory Branan)?
Go to Top of Page

unsomnambulist
- FB Fan -

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  07:16:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone coming in from Baltimore?

--u----n---s----0---m---n---a-B-u---l-i-s--t-
Go to Top of Page

likepilateihaveadog
- FB Fan -

3 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  12:06:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Adam

It's a three hour trip for me to Lancaster, does anyone want to do a meey up for some beer and tacos (the Frank meal of choice)before the show?

Free the Heel!

Hey, I live in Lancaster, about five blocks away.
There's a place called Senorita Burrita right across the Street on Prince St for some tacos.

:D
Go to Top of Page

likepilateihaveadog
- FB Fan -

3 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  12:10:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's a decent store with vinyl records on N Prince St in Lancaster called Stan's Records, about three blocks from the club.

I think it closes at 5, though.
Go to Top of Page

unsomnambulist
- FB Fan -

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  22:00:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FAN-TASTIC show.
Cannot seem to hit the snooze button tonight. Still a bit wired after driven back from Lancaster. The Cameleon Club was a treat, toto solo - FB, his guitar, and little tiny amp.
He opened with Kicked in the Taco and eventually threw in some never-before-heard songs.

I'm sure someone will post a play list.

Go to Top of Page

Neptune
- FB Fan -

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  06:32:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, what a show. Frank Black and a guitar. Drove 2 1/2 hours each way, so worth it. When I turned onto N Water "Street" and when I saw the Chameleon Club I thought "you've got to be kidding." Cool place, though. Three levels, had an outside "Tiki Bar" upstairs that was nice while I waited for the Man to go on. The place had seats on the main floor and a balcony with a railing above that you could lean over and watch. The place was full but couldn't have been more than 400-500 (I think...maybe I'm a poor estimator of such things...). Halfway through I wandered down in back of the stage and ended up standing immediately next to the stage by the steps where Frank entered/left. I felt like it should have been roped off or something, but I guess not. Frank must have been 10 feet away...

The crowd was good and was into it, was very loud in requesting an encore (wish granted). My only wish was that he played about sixty songs instead of "only" 26...

setlist coming...
Go to Top of Page

likepilateihaveadog
- FB Fan -

3 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  06:45:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Neptune

When I turned onto N Water "Street" and when I saw the Chameleon Club I thought "you've got to be kidding." Cool place, though. couldn't have been more than 400-500 (I think...maybe I'm a poor estimator of such things...).

mmm...there were only about 40-50 people on the floor with the seats, maybe 50 or so upstairs, I couldn't see behind the chairs by the bar downstairs, I was up on the rail.

Maybe 150, tops.

Chameleon is nice, (I live five blocks away)
saw Particle, a jam band, there a few weeks ago, couldn't have been more than 50 people there.

But I saw Rev. Horton Heat and the Supersuckers on a Wednesday night last winter and it was jammed - 500 for that one, packed in like sardines.
I think the summer thing has something to do with it.

But yeah, amazing show, the opener was OK, songs hit or miss, but pretty funny.
:D

Go to Top of Page

Neptune
- FB Fan -

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  08:43:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hadn't checked out any of the other setlists before the show because I wanted to be surprised. And when you do look, you're always bummed about songs played at other shows that weren't played at yours (Western Star...Brackish Boy...Massif Centrale!! aaaahhhrgh! It's OK Frank, play these Oct 19th Philly!). But as always I am thankful for the songs that were played...thats what happens when you have such a massive catalog of quality, lots gets left out

All in all, a great set of songs...was very surprised only 2 from FMRM, none from disc 2...there were four I didn't know...if anyone knows what they were, i'd love to know...

1 Kicked in the Taco
2 I Burn Today
3 ??
4 The Holiday Song
5 The Swimmer
6 Headache
7 Cactus
8 I'll Be Blue
9 Song of the Shrimp
10 I'm Not Dead (I'm in Pittsburgh)
11 Horrible Day
12 Los Angeles
13 ??
14 Wave of Mutilation
15 California Bound
16 All My Ghosts
17 Billy Radcliffe
18 Abstract Plain
19 Bullet
20 ??
21 ??
22 Raider Man
23 Sing For Joy
24 Six-Sixty-Six
25 Two Reelers
encore
26 Where Is My Mind?

Highlights for me were Los Angeles, All My Ghosts and Sing For Joy
Also Billy Radcliffe

Thanks Frank! Great show!
Go to Top of Page

tt
- FB Fan -

70 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  11:38:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Neptune

1 Kicked in the Taco
2 I Burn Today
3 Dead Mans Curve
4 The Holiday Song
5 The Swimmer
6 Headache
7 Cactus
8 I'll Be Blue
9 Song of the Shrimp
10 I'm Not Dead (I'm in Pittsburgh)
11 Horrible Day
12 Los Angeles
13 Water Song
14 Wave of Mutilation
15 California Bound
16 All My Ghosts
17 Billy Radcliffe Talked about the first boy born in space
18 Abstract Plain
19 Bullet
20 Humboldt County Massacre
21 Living on Soul
22 Raider Man
23 Sing For Joy
24 Six-Sixty-Six
25 Two Reelers
encore
Told a story about being very high in Lancaster when he visited with the Pixies...

26 Where Is My Mind? said his wife told him come back out after unplugging his amp to play this song because of the loud cheer for an encore

Thanks Frank! Great show!

Unbelievable performance, he produces so much music from his guitar and voice, I was amazed... One of my favorite parts was his falsetto during California Bound, actually, the whole concert was awesome.

I agree only 150-200 people total. Definitely worth a 2 1/2 hour drive with the top down in perfect weather and TOTY very loud!

Absolutely awesome concert...highlight of my summer!

Thanks Frank- you are the man...

Just uploaded some pics.

Edited by - tt on 08/25/2006 15:41:13
Go to Top of Page

rodney
- FB Fan -

USA
127 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  14:49:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
According to ArtistDirect, The Chameleon holds 600.
Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  14:49:20  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How awesome that he plays The Swimmer on this tour.

Denis

Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  01:38:06  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kicked in the Taco.

I best go lie down.
Go to Top of Page

Adam
= Cult of Ray =

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2006 :  09:16:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The best part of the show had to be Sing For Joy, ending a ceppla (sp) and going right into 666 a ceppla.

Go to Top of Page

unsomnambulist
- FB Fan -

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2006 :  09:20:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree. That was rather awesome. Now, I could be off here, but I could swear I saw a tear roll down his just before he stopped strumming. Could've been sweat...
Go to Top of Page

Adam
= Cult of Ray =

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2006 :  10:13:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't verify that because I was on the third level, but it was hot in there and the song did seem to get very emotional toward the end.

Go to Top of Page

Oil Boy
- FB Fan -

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2006 :  10:53:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The a cappella was phenomenal. Definitely a major highlight.

It didn't click until I read the setlist (thanks Neptune) but I loved the quirky, odd bookends he chose to begin & end with... "Kicked In The Taco" & "Two Reelers". Both are classic, quirky Frank tunes & he did an amazing job on both.
Go to Top of Page

supersharpie
- FB Fan -

2 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2006 :  21:59:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
where is the recording of this show posted? it would be a pity if no one snuck in a mic...it sure would have been easy considering the lax security at the venue
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  19:18:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those are nice pics, tt. I like the one with the high angle from the back of the stage, that's pretty unique.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000