New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bobo plenty
- FB Fan -

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  23:03:29  Show Profile  Visit bobo plenty's Homepage
Ok, so over the weekend I was moping about how I won't be making it up to the Santa Cruz show and decided to check if Ticketbastard had released any seats for the Foo show. Turns out they had and I was drunk so...I saw Frank tonight for $6.71 per song (worth every penny). Setlist was as follows:

Los Angeles
Water song
Cactus
Where is my mind
666 (a capella)
I burn today
Horrible day
*Nadine
*Manitoba
*Sing for joy

*with accordian player

It's a shame seeing him play to a hall only 1/4 to 1/3 full but the crowd that was there gave an enthusiastic welcome and he really sounded great. I'd love to get my hands on a recording of the show if anyone comes across one. I tried to get into the Foos but just couldn't and left after I'd given them the same 35 minutes that they'd alotted to Frank (seemed only fair).

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2006 :  00:00:13  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage
Ah, come on... I made a specific thread for that gig here: http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16856

Still, thanks for the setlist. Accordian player, uh? Sounds great. Who played it on SMYT by the way?

Denis

Go to Top of Page

yarbles
= Cult of Ray =

USA
577 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2006 :  00:42:17  Show Profile  Visit yarbles's Homepage
I just got back as well, and really enjoyed Frank's performance. Man, he really belts out those songs. Even though it's just him and an acoustic, there's a lot of power coming off that stage. It was kinda short, but I guess it's okay cuz I'm seeing him at his own show in L.A. in a couple months. Can't wait for that.

I attempted to record the show, but something went wrong with the recorder and it didn't actually record. I know, it sucks.

The accordian player was Rami Jaffee, he's the Foo's touring keyboardist/accordian player. I guess he's a full time Wallflower.

I thought the Foo Fighters were excellent, but I'm a big fan in the first place. All in all, a great show, two of my favorite artists on the same bill, can't beat that.
Go to Top of Page

bobo plenty
- FB Fan -

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2006 :  08:58:45  Show Profile  Visit bobo plenty's Homepage
Sorry Denis, didn't see the other topic. No offense to the Foos, I don't think they don't make bad music, it's just music that I can't get into. I did find it a bit ironic that by going acoustic, they doubled the size of their band.
Go to Top of Page

Apesy
= Cult of Ray =

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2006 :  13:39:25  Show Profile  Visit Apesy's Homepage
Was this the first show of the tour without "Dead Man's Curve"?

-=Apesy
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2006 :  13:50:38  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Please keep convos in the existing show topics - it helps us keep things organized. Feel free to copy and paste your posts into here:

http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16856

"No man remains quite what he was when he recognizes himself."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000