Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2006 :  08:51:34  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Discussion of the Saskatoon show, before and after, goes here.

I'll be there, looking forward to meeting anyone else coming to this show at the Odeon.

"No man remains quite what he was when he recognizes himself."

Crispy Water
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
819 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2006 :  10:12:17  Show Profile  Visit Crispy Water's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll definitely be there. One friend is coming with me for sure, and another is considering. Only 75 days to go!

Nothing is ever something.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2006 :  10:28:05  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Odeon's not a bad venue. Was a theatre once upon a time, then became a nightclub, and now it's an event centre. Good sized stage, good sound system, a little biggish, balcony overlooking the stage and main floor (may/may not be open), and right downtown on old-timey 2nd Ave.

Will definitely have to meet up this time. Bring out all the people you can, the Odeon can be a big venue to fill.

Go to Top of Page

Crispy Water
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
819 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2006 :  14:41:03  Show Profile  Visit Crispy Water's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sounds better than where he always plays here - West Edmonton Mall. For all the great live music Edmonton hosts, we're victims of a dearth of good clubs.

I sure hope the floor's open at The Odeon. I'll be trying to round up as many folks as possible, but S'toon is a bit of a trip at the start of the work week. Like I said, there will be at least two of us coming out there. Most of my chums, though, will just come to the Edmonton show.

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2006 :  14:51:00  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry, that wording was a little unclear, the balcony overlooks the main floor and stage and the balcony may/may not be open. The main floor will for sure, fear not.

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2006 :  14:41:29  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This just in:

Brian is going to be flying to Saskatoon for the Nov. 7 Frank Black show where we will be hosting our 20th Podcast live. Why do you care? Because in Podcast 16, coming Oct. 1, we will be announcing a contest. The prize? A chance for you and one friend to meet Frank Black at the show. We'll be randomly drawing a few winners, so it should be a nice cozy group that have a chance to sit with - and who knows, maybe even hear a few songs from - the man.

If there are enough people interested in attending this special show, we will also host a bit of a pre-show get together to meet other FB.Net members and fans. We hope to meet a bunch of you in Saskatoon this fall, and thanks to FB for participating!

NOTE: Obviously we aren't paying flights, etc. We can hardly afford to fly Brian out here as it is. :)

"Now you're officially my woman. Kudos. I can't say I don't envy you."
Go to Top of Page

Crispy Water
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
819 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2006 :  15:57:39  Show Profile  Visit Crispy Water's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm game for any kind of get-together you guys organize, whether Frankus is there or not. Sounds like the show will be quite the event, cool to hear Brian's coming out too. That's a pretty long trip for just one show, I'll be sure to buy him a quality Canadian brew!

As of right now, I've got two confirmed (myself included) and three maybes. Like I said, most of the not-quite-rabid Edmonchuk fans will just come to the show here.

Go to Top of Page

Crispy Water
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
819 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2006 :  15:58:45  Show Profile  Visit Crispy Water's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah, only 42 days to go!

Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  09:28:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm bringing my kids to Saskatoon...

He should play at whatever the Bronx is now.
Um, I'll see you at

Mr.Water

Edited by - Carolynanna on 09/27/2006 10:07:27
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  10:24:46  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Crispy Water

Sounds like the show will be quite the event, cool to hear Brian's coming out too. That's a pretty long trip for just one show, I'll be sure to buy him a quality Canadian brew!

To be fair, i'm coming for two shows (Regina and Saskatoon), plus podcast stuff, plus hanging out with Deaner and whoever else shows up. I'm very glad to hear that i will get to meet (at least) you, Carolyn (and the kids!), and Speeder.

EDIT - But i'll still take the brew!

-Brian - http://bvsrant.blogspot.com

Edited by - Broken Face on 09/27/2006 10:25:27
Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  10:27:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was joking, I'm not bringing the kids.
I could try to get to Saskatoon but I'd guess that I'll just go to the Edmonton show. Plus Dean is a bad influence...;)

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  10:34:16  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh, come on! How often do you get 2 FB.net moderators in the same room, with alcohol, FB and so much sexy that it hurts?

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  10:41:20  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carolynanna

I was joking, I'm not bringing the kids.
I could try to get to Saskatoon but I'd guess that I'll just go to the Edmonton show. Plus Dean is a bad influence...;)

Aw come on... you'll have fu-un...

See, does that sound like something I'd ever say? Nah. I'm clearly the best influence ever. I have the little trophy to prove it. It's shaped like a planet and a small moon. I don't get it.

Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  10:45:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll try to make it. Damn all these responsibilites!
Free tix you say???

Edited by - Carolynanna on 09/27/2006 10:46:23
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  10:48:06  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Who say?

Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  10:49:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You say.

Carolynanna

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  10:54:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You don't say???

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  10:58:07  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Say say say.

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  11:13:03  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We may.

Go to Top of Page

speedy_m
= Frankofile =

Canada
3581 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  12:01:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Saw posters downtown today. Guest is "Kentucky Prophet". Who?

I wonder who put these posters up? The Odeon certainly hasn't been very proactive about the show (it finally went on their website a week or two ago), but who else would?

he's back jack smoking crack find him if you want to get found
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  12:04:23  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Me. But I didn't. And yeah, The Odeon hasn't been promoting at all. I keep asking people if they're going (that is, people who know who Frank Black is) and they don't even know he's coming. I think I might have a chat with the SP.

And yeah, I don't know who Kentucky Prophet is either, strange.

Go to Top of Page

speedy_m
= Frankofile =

Canada
3581 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  12:51:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know what you should do Deaner? Hook up with Planet S or the like for this live podcast business. Get an interview or a story or something and pitch it to them. I mean, they have the Circle Jerks on the cover of their latest issue, so, anything is possible.

he's back jack smoking crack find him if you want to get found
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2006 :  04:35:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
say! winnipeg boy's making the trip! 12 days to go! really looking forward to it. saskatoontown, the place where i was born!

the ramada and radisson downtown are already booked up. like is all of fb.net making the trip! anybody know of any other good hotel suggestions. i was thinking the country inn and suites. they usually got good waffle makers there....but it's by the airport so not sure how long of a drive to the venue.

"I joined the Cult of Frank/ cause I'm a real go-getter!"
Go to Top of Page

speedy_m
= Frankofile =

Canada
3581 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2006 :  06:33:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Downtown Hotels:

The Hotel Senator is less than two blocks from the venue:
http://www.hotelsenator.ca/

The Bessborough Hotel is the most beautiful building in the city:
http://www.deltahotels.com/hotels/hotels.php?hotelId=8

The Sheraton Cavalier, also on the river:
http://sheratoncavalier.com/saskatoon/

The Park Town, river views, locally owned:
http://www.parktownhotel.com/

The (Paris) Hilton Garden Inn:
http://www.hiltongardeninn.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=YXESDGI

Stay downtown, it would be nice to walk/stumble back to your room rather than taking a cab. The Odeon is aprox. where the #11 is.

maybe I'll kick it

Edited by - speedy_m on 10/26/2006 06:35:11
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2006 :  07:14:37  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey, sorry Fu. I'd started to write you a reply email and got busy and saved it as a draft and forgot to finish/send it later.

The Senator's probably your best bet for distance and it's not too shabby either (not amazing by any stretch, but it's nice enough). The Sheraton's not bad either, check them out.

The airport is not too far, probably a 5-7 min cab, but it is a little inconvenient. I agree with Mike about staying downtown if you can.

Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2006 :  16:59:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks speedy and cult. solid map!

Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2006 :  12:15:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
alrighty--i'm booked at the senator! same with crispy and his buds. saskatoon's gonna be a mess when we're done with it!!

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2006 :  12:24:57  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Excellent. We should be sending out an email soon.

Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2006 :  16:26:15  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Too bad, if I were rich and without family obligations, I would join you for the sack of Saskatoon. We would make history, man.
Go to Top of Page

gyaneshwar
- FB Fan -

194 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2006 :  18:20:49  Show Profile  Visit gyaneshwar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For some strange reason at this late date, I am looking for airline tickets from Virginia to Saskatoon. Have you given away those prizes yet?
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2006 :  06:52:55  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Send me an email asap. With podcast trivia included would be good but time is of the essence, so the email itself is most important.

Go to Top of Page

Crispy Water
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
819 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  08:48:23  Show Profile  Visit Crispy Water's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Edmonton contingent takes off in half an hour! We'll see you if the icy highway doesn't claim us...

Go to Top of Page

speedy_m
= Frankofile =

Canada
3581 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  08:58:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bon voyage Crispy. It's supposed to be downright balmy here tomorrow (+7!), so enjoy the weather and the city if you can.

maybe I'll kick it
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  09:24:42  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have a great trip and we'll see you tomorrow.

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  15:57:47  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Rumour on the street is that this show is moving to Louis. Unconfirmed at this point, but it is possible and we'll let you know asap (we'll probably confirm it with the band whilst in Regina).

Go to Top of Page

speedy_m
= Frankofile =

Canada
3581 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  16:26:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got a call from Ticketmaster informing me it has moved to Louis'. I don't know how official you want it to be, but, there's that.

maybe I'll kick it
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000