-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Frank Black -- Live!
 Nov. 7th, 2006 - Saskatoon, SK

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 08/24/2006 : 08:51:34
Discussion of the Saskatoon show, before and after, goes here.

I'll be there, looking forward to meeting anyone else coming to this show at the Odeon.

"No man remains quite what he was when he recognizes himself."
35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Carl Posted - 12/03/2006 : 09:38:19
Maybe he's thinking, "Hmmm, maybe I shouldn't have left the one copy of the demo for Frank's next album in there."

speedy_m Posted - 12/03/2006 : 09:11:28
I asked if I could have a bite of his hot pocket. Let's just say the whole "internet nerds go on Frank's tour bus" thing ended shortly there after.

maybe I'll kick it
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 12/03/2006 : 08:41:35
And Floop, that made me laugh out loud.

"Now you're officially my woman. Kudos. I can't say I don't envy you."
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 12/03/2006 : 08:41:12
Still something in the works, but life has been busy. I've moved home, I have podcasts to do, and other personal stuff going on...

In the meantime, check out podcast 20.

scruvs Posted - 12/02/2006 : 22:22:47
he's checking his reflection in the microwave to see if he missed a spot shaving.

floop Posted - 12/02/2006 : 19:49:48
what EDF is looking at?

it looks like he's staring at the microwave, waiting for a hot pocket

at least that's what your mom said
martha_promise Posted - 12/02/2006 : 19:10:53
Whatever happened to this?

Seriously, is there still something in the works for this fellas? Just curious. Thanks.

-Tom
Jefrey Posted - 11/17/2006 : 16:41:49
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

True. My skills are not such that I would risk destroying what is otherwise a beautiful recording to do this, though.

OK - the Beatles still sounded good in mono
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 11/13/2006 : 14:09:31
True. My skills are not such that I would risk destroying what is otherwise a beautiful recording to do this, though.

justahangwire Posted - 11/13/2006 : 13:52:54
quote:
Originally posted by Jefrey

quote:

b) Didn't have what we eventually used for inputs panned left and right. :/ This means that although I had stereo coming in, the recording is mono, which physically hurts me. Ouch.

Doh! That sucks. But it's hard to both enjoy the show and get all that technical stuff right.

However, you can "fake stereo" it in Pro Tools, no problem. They did it with all the early Beatles albums right?

I also am happy to donate money to the site. I think using it as a fundraiser is a great idea. I'm sure the good folks here would chip in.

You can also do some good stereo faking by using selective EQ to track it out into individual tracks based on frequency and then pan those a little bit.
Llamadance Posted - 11/13/2006 : 13:08:29
There are some more pictures from this gig up in the gallery, courtesy of Francois Leger and Crispy Water. Thanks guys.

Saskatoon Gallery

Scratching the surface without a purpose won't accomplish anything new

Upload your Frank photos here - fb.net gallery

Jefrey Posted - 11/13/2006 : 11:12:59
quote:

b) Didn't have what we eventually used for inputs panned left and right. :/ This means that although I had stereo coming in, the recording is mono, which physically hurts me. Ouch.

Doh! That sucks. But it's hard to both enjoy the show and get all that technical stuff right.

However, you can "fake stereo" it in Pro Tools, no problem. They did it with all the early Beatles albums right?

I also am happy to donate money to the site. I think using it as a fundraiser is a great idea. I'm sure the good folks here would chip in.
rodney Posted - 11/13/2006 : 07:02:24
Oh, I'd gladly pay for a copy of this show, even with the small flaws! You folks put so much money and effort into this, I'd be happy to give a little something back.
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 11/13/2006 : 06:51:41
Oh, if anyone else has pics (especially from the bus) of this show, I'd really love to get my hands on them. Thanks!

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 11/13/2006 : 06:29:34
Yeah, I'm really excited about it. They did help me patch in but otherwise any tweaking was mine, I suppose. I did mix this (really quickly) with an in-audience recording from the video (obviously with severe preference to the soundboard, but I wanted to make sure that we got a little sound from the audience and the video seemed to capture the bass better since it probably wasn't being amp'd terribly from the soundboard).

When I finish editing and everything (which will take some time given that I have 40gb of video plus two hours of sound) I'm going to see how it turns out and then see what the appropriate way to release it is.

The only problem is that because there was some initial confusion at the soundboard (I kept telling the guy he had plugged into my outputs but to no avail for the entire acoustic set), I:

a) Missed the acoustic set except on video. This might not be too bad for a fan-release, but it'll be very audience-heavy.

So I'm not sure this could ever really be released as something more than a fan-bootleg of exceptional monoraul goodly-ness, but it would be neat to do something as a fundraiser for the site and/or to help Brian and I pay off his flight here to do this event.

Anyway, stay tuned to the podcast, number 20 is basically the podcast for those who couldn't be in Saskatoon with us.

Jefrey Posted - 11/13/2006 : 00:00:30
The sound on Raiderman on your "sneak peek" is fantastic! I'm guessing they tweaked the soundboard mix to make it friendly for a recording. Shouldn't this be made immediately into an official Live Album? Or something. I hope if I get in to the SF show on Wednesday they sound just as good. Billy Block seems to be particularly enjoying himslef playing drums for this band.

Anyway, the sneek peak and reporting, and generally everything this board has done for FB plans is so awesome. Is there a more active fan board in existance for fans of the rock? I think not. It seems like we get something new to listen to every week.

fumanbru Posted - 11/12/2006 : 18:53:59
quote:
Originally posted by Crispy Water

I don't think there's really anything I could add to the great summary of events posted by Dean, but I can say that it was just as great as you're imagining right now. A tip of my hat and all other tippable items to Dean and Brian for putting on such a great event, and huge thanks to the boys in the band for being so hospitable and friendly.

Nothing is ever something.

ya ditto! what a blast! thanks again dean and brian. you guys are total class act! it was great partying with you guys and the other fans.

obviously hanging on the bus with frank and everyone else was super cool. total hospitality. frank never ceases to amaze! and then the show was absolute killer! the sound was great- and frank's voice is really sounding amazing. pretty lucky to see a show a few feet from the band, head in and out for beers and breaks, and then return to the same spot!

wow, what a week. three frank shows plus a great family trip to calgary. do i really have to go back to work tomorrow.

"I joined the Cult of Frank/ cause I'm a real go-getter!"
Carl Posted - 11/12/2006 : 14:43:36
Dean, that's the sweet cherry on a very tasty cake! Thanks a lot!

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 11/12/2006 : 13:38:34
Glad to have something to share is all.

moksha23x Posted - 11/12/2006 : 12:34:27
quote:

Have I done something wrong in naming this? It was actually created on a MAC so I thought I'd have no problems there, but I was worried a little about the PC side of things... it's named with a .txt??

I'll be putting the video on YouTube eventually, but the quality is low firstly, and secondly I don't want it uploaded there until I've done the whole concert and had some time to do a little processing on the audio...

Got it ....thanks. Just had to delete the .txt. Thanks....its great!
Frog in the Sand Posted - 11/12/2006 : 11:03:16
quote:

http://dean.katsiris.com/Frank%20Black%20-%20Raiderman%20-%20Live%20in%20Saskatoon%202006-11-07.divx

Amazing

Merci beaucoup messieurs.

-----
BLACKOLERO le only Frank Black / Pixies site 100% in français
ScottP Posted - 11/11/2006 : 19:48:49
My severe case of jealousy gets a beat down when I think of how much work Dean and Brian must put into this sweet meeting place. Also nice to hear that the Man is reaching out a little to his fans at the shows. Skoal, Chuck!

The west is the best. Chas and EDF will do the rest....
aftertaste Posted - 11/11/2006 : 16:06:01
That's awesome, I can see my stupid head watching Frank!!!! This is great!! Thank you so much for putting this up!
fbc Posted - 11/11/2006 : 13:38:41
Everything seems fine this side of the pond. Mac users shouldn't have a problem playing through VLC once they remove the .txt and the P.C users seem to have joy with the file too, so no worries. Muchas gracias, once again.
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 11/11/2006 : 12:45:44
Have I done something wrong in naming this? It was actually created on a MAC so I thought I'd have no problems there, but I was worried a little about the PC side of things... it's named with a .txt??

I'll be putting the video on YouTube eventually, but the quality is low firstly, and secondly I don't want it uploaded there until I've done the whole concert and had some time to do a little processing on the audio...

houstonguthrie Posted - 11/11/2006 : 12:19:00
Thanks for that - It's awesome - great quality!!!
fbc Posted - 11/11/2006 : 12:14:47
quote:
Originally posted by moksha23x

Can't Read this on a mac. Could you send this to youtube?

download CoF's file, then delete the ".txt" and play through VLC.

Thanks for this, Dean. If you were here, I'd buy you a drink.
Ziggy Posted - 11/11/2006 : 11:57:17
Ah, Dean, that's brilliant! Very veyr nice to see, especially for we Europeans!
moksha23x Posted - 11/11/2006 : 11:35:52
quote:

OK, here's a little treat. We have the performance recorded in DVD quality video with audio right from the soundboard. What will happen with this is still uncertain, but here's a really rough clip of a song called Raiderman that you may have heard. I'd upload it to YouTube but the quality would degrade even more and I want to show off how good it really is. Enjoy:

Please right-click, Save As:
http://dean.katsiris.com/Frank%20Black%20-%20Raiderman%20-%20Live%20in%20Saskatoon%202006-11-07.divx

Can't Read this on a mac. Could you send this to youtube?
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 11/11/2006 : 11:22:37
OK, here's a little treat. We have the performance recorded in DVD quality video with audio right from the soundboard. What will happen with this is still uncertain, but here's a really rough clip of a song called Raiderman that you may have heard. I'd upload it to YouTube but the quality would degrade even more and I want to show off how good it really is. Enjoy:

Please right-click, Save As:

phys Posted - 11/10/2006 : 01:46:54
Thank you, Brian and Dean-
one of the best reviews i ever read and
one of the best picture galleries i ever saw!!!

Phys
PS: Don't cry that way
Daisy Girl Posted - 11/09/2006 : 16:15:48
Dean & Brian- Thanks so much for organizing this and going to such great lenghths to report every detail and of course to everyone else who made me feel like I was "there".

Thanks for all your thoughtfullness......
coastline Posted - 11/09/2006 : 15:14:17
Looks like both CD and DVD. Unless I misread the post by Myles Mangino.

I could not find my honeycomb.
billgoodman Posted - 11/09/2006 : 15:00:53
THIS IS GREAT!

thanks for bringing R. Pollard and the Fading Captain Series up. Don't know if you saw it in the King's Court but I asked that sometime ago, glad I finally got an answer.

If you ask me, Frank should really do it. I would pay for the quality of those demos I heard on the podcast, certainly if they were unknown songs.

so is that christmass album comming out only on the net or also on a real disc?

---------------------------
God save the Noisies
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 11/09/2006 : 13:40:32
Heh, I know, I know. You know how it is... :)

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000