Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  06:22:11  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Uhh, yeah, maybe posting them here or in our gallery (http://www.frankblack.net/gallery) would be a little more 'community' oriented. It's very easy, just one click, select the file, upload.

"Now you're officially my woman. Kudos. I can't say I don't envy you."
Go to Top of Page

Sal_paradise17
- FB Fan -

Canada
5 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  10:14:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok I just uploaded 3 pics from the show, they aren't the greatest quality as they were simply taken on my camera phone, luckily I was as close as possible so in my opinion they still look pretty cool, and hopefully they will be posted! I'm not entirely computer savvy so I don't know how to link them here or anything like that...
Go to Top of Page

Llamadance
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2543 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  10:29:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks sal_paradise. The pics are on the gallery but I have to approve them and put them in the correct folder before they show up. I'll do that tonight. Love the pink one :)

Scratching the surface without a purpose won't accomplish anything new

Upload your Frank photos here - fb.net gallery

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  11:17:11  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank-you, sir. Looking forward to seeing 'em.

Go to Top of Page

Llamadance
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2543 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  13:06:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And heeereee they are:

Calgary gallery

thanks again Sal. If anyone else wants to upload some pictures, feel free.

Scratching the surface without a purpose won't accomplish anything new

Upload your Frank photos here - fb.net gallery

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  14:02:24  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pretty good for a camera phone considering the low light, etc. Eric's my fave probably.

Go to Top of Page

Crispy Water
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
819 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  16:05:03  Show Profile  Visit Crispy Water's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've got a bunch of photos at home, I'll upload them sometime this week. Good show, I'll write a bit more about it later too.

Nothing is ever something.
Go to Top of Page

Crispy Water
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
819 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  18:44:21  Show Profile  Visit Crispy Water's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Again basically the same set, but performance was absolutely top notch. I heard a few mistakes in the odd song here or there, they all sounded like counting errors.

Didn't see Kentucky Prophet as we were running well behind this night, but based on the above comments I don't think that's much of a tragedy. Actually, based on seeing him before I don't think it's much of a tragedy, but whatever.

Someone asked earlier if the Pixies show was upstairs: no, it was in the downstairs room, which must be at least twice the size of the one this show was at. This was the first show I've ever been to where the beer garden was on a different level of the building than the performers, but I wasn't looking to booze anyway.

On to the show. Same songs as usual, but the order got shuffled a little bit this night. The acoustic set was sweet, setting the tone for a stellar show with the band. The Pixies songs were about what we've come to expect, but Manitoba stood out in a big way - he played it just a little more slowly and sang a little more lowly. As mentioned by speedy above, the vocal work the man brought tonight was very strong. In fact, I'd go so far as to say this was the best voice I've heard from Frank in all the times I've seen him live. The opening Remake/Remodel-Living On Soul reaffirmed this in a big way, he just belted these songs out like he was working for a new contract. Biggest highlights I remember are Ten Percenter, Gyaneshwar, and Raider Man, although every song was very well done. I would give a lot for a recording of this show, as Frank's voice was superb. I may have mentioned this before, just wanted to make sure I told you. The sound was great even though I hate the venue. I just prefer the bar-style setup. During The Black Rider someone right in front of the stage was holding a book up trying to catch Frank's eye, but I couldn't tell what the book was. Something by Burroughs, perhaps? Some clown grabbed Jarvis' head during a solo right near the end of the set - you could see his drunken claw reach up and hesitate for a moment as he decided whether to do it or not, then he just swooped in like he was trying to pull a wig off or something. Other than that, pretty unnotable crowd.

Cool moment right before the show, too: we were wondering if we'd missed any of the show because we got there so late (two in our party had family to visit while in town), and on our way up the stairs who was suddenly ambling right alongside us? Well, his name starts with Frank and ends with Black; anyway, after seeing him I commented to my company that it looked as though we hadn't missed anything yet. Frank half-turned his head without looking at us and said, "Yeah, nothing just yet..." or something like that out of the side of his mouth, then made his way into the hall. My buddy Kevin said he reeked of beer, but I remain conviced that was just Kevin himself.

Bumped into speedy and his lady out on the floor too, cool seeing them again. Can't wait for Frank to come back to Calgary, just wish someone would point him to a better venue. That's my least favourite university (of the whopping five I have visited).

Nothing is ever something.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000