Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

cassandra is
> Teenager of the Year <

France
4233 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  23:54:03  Show Profile  Visit cassandra is's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the King said:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Hey Frank, can you tell us about Dead Man's Curve, what we're for now calling "The Rabbit Song", and "The Water"? They're not on Fastman Raiderman as far as we know, and, well, they're all pretty exciting sounding! Are these the demos you were working on? Are these tracks from an upcoming album with Schwarma or that other band that starts with a P? Solo stuff for work with EDF? Covers from songs received via Seti@Home?

Anyway, thanks for stopping in, it truly is appreciated more than you'll probably ever know, and I hope that you're getting some time at home before you go abroad with your guitar and 'wandering soles' once again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

CURRENTLY WORKING WITH ERIC DREW FELDMAN ON UNTITLED RECORD.

pas de bras pas de chocolat
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  05:05:56  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Broken Face

quote:
Originally posted by Frog in the Sand

quote:
Originally posted by Broken Face

i believe "rabbit" is intended for the FB/EDF record...

Uh-oh, looks like someone knows something... Please Brian, speak. Please. Or send me an email at least :)

-----
I joined the Cult of Le Cigaw Volanttt

I know nothing, for reals. I just figured that all non-FMRM songs are meant for the EDF record...

-Brian

Some people say that / the Briano knows / a way of getting / exclusive info from the King / fearless of keepin' it to himself / oh no!

-----
I joined the Cult of Le Cigaw Volanttt
Go to Top of Page

Otherfellers
- FB Fan -

Ireland
87 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  11:37:36  Show Profile  Click to see Otherfellers's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I like reid, I'm thinking of getting a ferry over to Liverpool just to see him play on the 9th, and since they've got 24 hour drinking now, I won't bother with a hostel for the night...

Or he could just come to Dublin!
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  12:15:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah! That's a great idea!!

pas de dutchie!
Go to Top of Page

matto
= Cult of Ray =

USA
943 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2006 :  08:27:25  Show Profile  Visit matto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"I'm Not Dead I'm In Pittsburgh" is obviously inspired by the new Morrissey song "On the Streets I Ran" ; )

And when the palmist said
"One Thursday you will be dead"
I said: "No, not me, this cannot be
Dear God, take him, take them, take anyone
The stillborn
The newborn
The infirm
Take anyone
Take people from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Just spare me!"
Go to Top of Page

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  11:36:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by frnck blck

SEVEN DAYS (frank black)

Seven days will get you there/Seven plates of bone/I won’t pray to get me there/Get there on my own/Goin’ yonder where I was born/The place where I was partly raised/Have you been to Boston Town/The place where I was born?/Seven days will get you there/Seven plains of corn/Lord knows I’ve been all around/Roaming all around these plains/On my way back home from seven years/In seven days/Seven winters blown like seven players/Who had no cheer/
Seven summers grown the seven ways to all my tears/On my way back home from seven years in seven days

Floop? Have you read these lyrics, babe?
Just checking.

quote:
Originally posted by matto

"I'm Not Dead I'm In Pittsburgh" is obviously inspired by the new Morrissey song "On the Streets I Ran" ; )

Funny you should say that. I am struck by how Golden Shore's "Can you hear me when you’re sleeping?" is the only lyric I know of that echoes The Smiths' "Well I wonder, do you hear me when you sleep?"

I’m the only one who can say that this light is mine

Edited by - kathryn on 03/29/2006 11:43:34
Go to Top of Page

TRANSMARINE
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
2002 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  12:52:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I KNEW it! My copy is correct! It IS called SAD OLD WORLD...not SAD MAN'S SONG, as J Tiven told me in another thread. That has really been bothering me for some reason.

Thanks for the lyrics, Frank. They are some of your coolest. Now I can understand a part in JBARLEYCORN I couldn't quite make out with my ear. Hopefully no one would ever attempt to make out with their ear...at least not their own.

Hank the 8th was a duplicated man

-bRIAN
Go to Top of Page

Jontiven
= Cult of Ray =

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2006 :  04:28:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are 2 diff songs, SAD OLD WORLD & SAD MAN's SONG (aka FARE THEE WELL). Both are on FMRM. My apologies for any confusion.

bye,
Jon Tiven
Go to Top of Page

TRANSMARINE
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
2002 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2006 :  09:41:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No apologies required JT...so FARE THEE WELL is aka SAD MAN'S SONG? (I love this song, btw.) Will this be printed on the track list when it hits the store do you know? Sorry for any confused confusion. Take care!

Hank the 8th was a duplicated man

-bRIAN

Edited by - TRANSMARINE on 03/30/2006 09:42:23
Go to Top of Page

Grotesque
= Cult of Ray =

France
777 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2006 :  13:19:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anybody wants to make a fake/imaginary version of one of those songs, as we already got the lyrics?
I won't do it as I can't prononce any english word correctly, and Frank certainly got some vocabulary.
Just a sick idea but it could be fun.
Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2006 :  20:26:08  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've wanted to do something like that for a while, though I feel it could be considered blasphemous doing that to a song by the man (be it tempting or not). I think it'd be a really fun project to have the exact same album's worth of lyrics given to/written by two different bands, and have each band write a whole album based on them. It'd be very interesting, I think. I've always considered lyrics to be of least importance when writing a song, so I think it'd be an educational experiment for myself. As far as doing it to a FMRM song, I think it'd be really difficult to do because I'd be thinking the entire time, no matter how much time I spend on it, it has absolutely no chance of being as good as Frank's song.

http://www.prozacrat.com
Go to Top of Page

Grotesque
= Cult of Ray =

France
777 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  04:26:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know "Surfer Girl" by David Thomas and two pale boys (from the album EREWHON)?
It's really NOT the beach boy song. It's a totally diferent song with the same lyrics, but in a way it still get the spirit of the original song. Really strange.
Anyway I sometimes dream of the FM/RM songs with parts of the lyrics I read. It's fun when I wake up: oh, but it's NOT the real thing!
Like when I was a kid I watched a short ad for the movie Brazil, and for years I kept imagining the entire movie, wich was really diferent from the real one I finally watched.
Go to Top of Page

MMD
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
233 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  21:45:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Grotesque

You know "Surfer Girl" by David Thomas and two pale boys (from the album EREWHON)?
It's really NOT the beach boy song. It's a totally diferent song with the same lyrics, but in a way it still get the spirit of the original song. Really strange.
Anyway I sometimes dream of the FM/RM songs with parts of the lyrics I read. It's fun when I wake up: oh, but it's NOT the real thing!
Like when I was a kid I watched a short ad for the movie Brazil, and for years I kept imagining the entire movie, wich was really diferent from the real one I finally watched.

And then you woke up and found that a doctor had removed part of your brain and the whole thing was all inside your head?

Edited by - MMD on 04/07/2006 21:46:12
Go to Top of Page

Grotesque
= Cult of Ray =

France
777 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  06:04:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mmm... Waiting for this album is becoming a psychedelic experience.
I guess I'll go nut before June 20.
Go to Top of Page

therewererumours
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1240 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  11:19:23  Show Profile  Visit therewererumours's Homepage  Reply with Quote
With these lyrics you are spoiling us Mr. Black!

black, it was always black......
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2006 :  13:02:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The King's parties are noted in society for their host's exquisite taste!

Edited by - Carl on 04/09/2006 13:03:28
Go to Top of Page

Grotesque
= Cult of Ray =

France
777 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  09:07:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey it's exactly the same in French except the King is an Ambassador!
But what does it has to do with anything?
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  14:48:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Er, it's the same in English, only I changed it 'cos I'm referring to Frank! :)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000