Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2006 :  04:34:49  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
great work guys, but are the podcasts going to be available as mp3 downloads?
i know the first one was, but i'd love to have personal archives of these shows....

edit: found it sitting very nicely in my itunes folder....
weehee!

Join the Cult of Fat!

Edited by - benji on 03/04/2006 05:07:26
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2006 :  05:25:56  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
also - sorry to go back top episode #1, but is the version of gouge away from the lowlands festival from the webcast that is widely circulated or did you nab a copy straight from the man??

Join the Cult of Fat!
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2006 :  07:46:57  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Benji - MP3's: Yup, in your iTunes folder. Also, if you go to the podcast page, select "Episodes" and click on the episode it's a direct link to the MP3:

http://www.frankblack.net/podcast/Default.asp?mode=episodes&num=

And Lowlands was from my own collection, so just the webcast presumably...

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

TAMAL
- FB Fan -

Australia
55 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2006 :  04:18:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the live stuff with the catholics is great. more of that would be nice.

SUP!
Go to Top of Page

VoVat
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2006 :  11:09:35  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Pretty cool podcast. I loved that version of "Fiddle Riddle." It might be better than the released one.

I already voted in the poll about this, but I have to say that I would prefer shorter podcasts more often.

"If you doze much longer, then life turns to dreaming. If you doze much longer, then dreams turn to nightmares."
Go to Top of Page

Mister Dog
- FB Fan -

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  19:44:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah the country version of Fiddle Riddle is way better than the one on TotY. I usually skip the that song when I listen to that album.

Skinner, you're an odd man, but you sure know how to steam a ham.
Go to Top of Page

cassandra is
> Teenager of the Year <

France
4233 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2006 :  01:56:17  Show Profile  Visit cassandra is's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yep, the Fiddle Riddle version is very good, although I still prefer the original version (one of my FB prefered song), and the version of Le Cigare Volant, is just... And of course, thanks a lot for including my cover on this podcast, it's a great honour for me.

Really curious to hear the next one with Mr x.

pas de bras pas de chocolat
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1225 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2006 :  14:10:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really liked the second podcast. Feels like a radio show dedicated to Frank Black. I think the inclusion of random songs from FB albums is a good idea as well as the tribute covers and also the chat discussing the story behind the songs. All of it really....
Go to Top of Page

Sam
= Cult of Ray =

Ireland
511 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2006 :  00:37:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey COF and BF, congratulations on the 2nd podcast! This one was even better than the last. Of course there wasn't the excitement of a brand new tune but the show was seamless and in parts very funny. All the best for the next one guys!!
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2006 :  07:55:35  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
FB, BF & DK fans, don't forget to vote:

http://www.podcastalley.com/podcast_details.php?pod_id=20733#

-----
Go to Top of Page

Pixelated
- FB Fan -

2 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2006 :  17:59:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a big Pixies fan, so I joined this site even though I don't know anything about Frank Black's career afterwards. The podcast is excellent, and after hearing Freedom Rock, I'll definately have to get some Catholics or solo Frank Black albums! I also thought the bit where you guys phoned the powerpuff girls was funny; keep doing stuff like that. This was the first (and currently only) podcast I've subscribed to, and I'm waiting for the next one!
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  00:10:24  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the feedback all, will definitely keep it all in mind for the April ones (we've already recorded number 3 since Brian and I were both away for a bit this month). And welcome aboard, Pixelated, glad to have you!

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

TAMAL
- FB Fan -

Australia
55 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2006 :  18:51:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if you do get to interview frank, dont forget to ask about australia!

SUP!
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2006 :  12:01:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't downloaded the new show yet, must sort that out!

Hi Pixelated and TAMAL!

pas de dutchie!
Go to Top of Page

TAMAL
- FB Fan -

Australia
55 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  01:26:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ello! where are your groovy cat picturs?

my shirt is shitty!
Go to Top of Page

velvety
= Cult of Ray =

Portugal
536 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  04:20:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another great episode. The black-to-back thing is a good idea, and I think it works, or at least it worked with fiddle riddle and humbolt county massacre. If you can get enough different-sounding versions of the songs, it's a good segment for the podcast.

'Where the wind is going' version is the one that's going to be on Fastman Raiderman? It sounds exactly like the Honeycomb demo..?
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  06:17:41  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I agree Velvety, but that's the word - that it's from FM/RM...

Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  07:07:34  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Another podcast already? Damn, I still haven't heard #2.

Denis

I love Guitar Wolf from the Erath!
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  08:46:54  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, WTWIG strangely sounds like the demo version. Gimme my money back, and bring tar and feathers for Ken and Brian!

-----
Go to Top of Page

a guy in a rover
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
535 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  15:07:26  Show Profile  Click to see a guy in a rover's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Dont mean to be an arse but is it still possible to access podcast 2? I didnt get round to downloading it and 3 seemed to come around so quickly and now ive missed it. How often are these mothers anyway? They seem to be coming around pretty quickly, not that that's a bad thing. More Frank goodness.

"You are the son of a mother fucker"

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  15:49:27  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Every two weeks and yup, it's possible. Method differs based on how you're listening, but iTunes, you just expand the podcast list and select "Get" beside the ones you want. You can also download the MP3's directly from the podcast page (select Episodes from the mini menu).

Go to Top of Page

frankblackphx
= Cult of Ray =

USA
287 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  21:27:26  Show Profile  Visit frankblackphx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great job on Podcast number 3 guys.

I really enjoyed the "Frank Black To Back" section. Very cool idea.

Great hearing Where The Wind Is Going. I thought there were a lot of differences between the leaked version and this one. Vocals were louder & clearer, the separation on the guitars was much better. I think that is the biggest difference for me on this version. I love the guitar work. The whole song seems much more compressed since being mastered as well.

Thanks for the sneak peek guys. It is much appreciated.

Dan

I got me so down I got me a headache.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  01:34:13  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
OMG, you used a Surface Noise song! That makes me proud, we are going to play
that particular song tonight in Rotterdam (all our gigs are in Rotterdam, lol) and
I will dedicated it to the FBpodcast. Not that people will understand, but who cares anyway

---------------------------
God save the Noisies
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  01:35:13  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
btw, a big thanks!

God save the Noisies
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  02:59:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just checked iTunes now, and have show 3 downloading...I haven't even heard the second podcast yet, so I have two to look forward to!!

pas de dutchie!
Go to Top of Page

a guy in a rover
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
535 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  05:12:39  Show Profile  Click to see a guy in a rover's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Geez. I always thought Shazeb Andleeb was a very moving song but I had no idea that it was actually based on a true story. What happened? He got beaten to death?

Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  10:15:46  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by a guy in a rover

Geez. I always thought Shazeb Andleeb was a very moving song but I had no idea that it was actually based on a true story. What happened? He got beaten to death?

I believe that was the case

God save the Noisies
Go to Top of Page

silvereel
- FB Fan -

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  20:33:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
with over 100 more days until the release of fastman/raiderman, your previews on the podcasts are an excellent treat. thank you, fb.net
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  20:56:42  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Don't thank us, thank Frank.

And yeah, Shazeb Andleeb:
http://www.frankblack.net/songs/db3beta.asp?menu=album&mode=release-song-details&releaseID=103&songID=50

Also, really enjoyed that track from Jop, more every time I heard it. Though it was a tough choice about which one to use.

Go to Top of Page

a guy in a rover
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
535 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2006 :  05:52:20  Show Profile  Click to see a guy in a rover's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I always knew I would make it to the top, first of all I'm name checked in a FrankBlack.net podcast, next thing you know, I'll be on Letterman talking about my next project, possibly a colloboration with Frank.
Seriously though, dont mean to sound like an asskiss but I really am greatfull to you guys for putting these podcasts together, a great source of rare titbits for lazy fans like myself. And thanks for letting me know how to get my hands on Oddballs, i would enter the competition if I didnt sound like a drag queen.
Lets campaign for an Oddballs rerelease! Im tying myself to railings as we speak. Viva la revolution!

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2006 :  06:20:09  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Actually, if you listen closer, you've already won a copy of Oddballs for your question... I just need your mailing address.

Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2006 :  06:42:42  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Now listening to #2. It's strange how nobody mentioned the acoustic Horrible Day. Did you guys all had this version already or what? It's excellent. Actually the whole selection is stellar, congrats guy.

Uh, not too sure about the PPG skit though...

Denis

I love Guitar Wolf from the Erath!
Go to Top of Page

a guy in a rover
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
535 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2006 :  06:56:29  Show Profile  Click to see a guy in a rover's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Actually, if you listen closer, you've already won a copy of Oddballs for your question... I just need your mailing address.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Bullseye! Is this the best day of my short and uneventfull life?! I think it just might be.

I've emailed you my address, rather than posting it on here, you gotta be careful with this here internet.

Thanks again and ps please dont send me hate mail or bombs or poisonous letters.

A pig or a goat well, they wouldn’t let you be mistreated

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2006 :  07:04:40  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Denis, I certainly hadn't heard it before. Got it from Ken. It is rather excellent though, I agree.

Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2006 :  07:23:41  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

D
Also, really enjoyed that track from Jop, more every time I heard it. Though it was a tough choice about which one to use.

The show last night was a blast.
People were yelling for 'destination home' after the first song. I did dedicate it to Frank Black.net. And the whole place went mad!
Thanks

God save the Noisies
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000