Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2006 :  07:45:06  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cool, would've loved to be there. Make sure you stop in Saskatoon when you tour Canada. :)

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

a guy in a rover
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
535 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2006 :  16:12:04  Show Profile  Click to see a guy in a rover's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Can I just get some confirmation that this shit about Oddballs is real? I've pinched myself a few times but as yet I haven't woken up.

A pig or a goat well, they wouldn’t let you be mistreated

Go to Top of Page

TAMAL
- FB Fan -

Australia
55 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2006 :  20:42:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
where the wind is going is sweet. seems like fastman raidermans gonna kick ass.

my shirt is shitty!
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2006 :  03:48:22  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Cool, would've loved to be there. Make sure you stop in Saskatoon when you tour Canada. :)

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

we will, I promise

---------------------------
God save the Noisies
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2006 :  07:39:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just listening to it now. love the black back to back! i've never heard the humbolt county ssvmgd version. another frank present! i'm loving it! thxs.

"I joined the Cult of Frank/ cause I'm a real go-getter!"
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2006 :  09:41:47  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Heh, yeah I'll be sending out your Oddballs disc beginning of April rover man. :)

Glad you guys are liking the Black-to-Back section. Not sure that I even would myself, so if there are people who don't like it I'd certainly not be offended.

Looking forward to your stop here, Jop. :)

Go to Top of Page

The Holiday Son
= Quote Accumulator =

France
1994 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2006 :  09:47:49  Show Profile  Visit The Holiday Son's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like the idea of Black to Back but it might be better to play one song at the beginning of the podcast and one at the end (à la Black Rider).
Go to Top of Page

VoVat

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2006 :  10:47:46  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The Black-To-Back segment is a great idea, and I think the two versions being played in a row would work best. That way it's easier to compare the two.

I hadn't heard the faster version of "Humboldt County Massacre" before, but I think I actually like it better. Maybe I'll need to do the download.

"If you doze much longer, then life turns to dreaming. If you doze much longer, then dreams turn to nightmares."
Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2006 :  09:17:46  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I listened to my first one today and I thought it was bloody marvelous. Except you guys pronounce some things weird, asides that, really super!

Black to back. Clever. See what you did there.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  12:11:54  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Í think the fast version of Humboldt is better

Dean and Brian did you get my email at podcast@frankblack.net?

God save the Noisies
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  13:50:58  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You bet Jop, thanks. BTW, couldn't remember, Jop with a 'j' sound or 'y' sound? I think it was 'y' but correct me if I'm wrong...

Appreciate the Black to Back feedblack <groan> too, thanks. :)

Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  14:48:44  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

You bet Jop, thanks. BTW, couldn't remember, Jop with a 'j' sound or 'y' sound? I think it was 'y' but correct me if I'm wrong...

Appreciate the Black to Back feedblack <groan> too, thanks. :)

'Y' sound, so not like 'a job'. Not Dzzzzj, but actually straight to the jjjj (so not Jay sounding like Dzzzjay but jay, which you would type as Yay). Maybe I should record my name for you all!

BTW, Feedblack? That's worth a <groan> I guess!

God save the Noisies
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  14:57:12  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Heh, I thought so. :) I wonder if Tre sees what I did there?

Go to Top of Page

Supererin
- FB Fan -

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  20:20:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really enjoyed the Frank Black-to-back! Great idea guys...I want to request "His Kingly Cave"-I only have the Devil's Workshop version and think it's such a good song. Thanks for all the podcasting work.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  21:20:26  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sure, we were planning on doing His Kingly Cave soon anyway... though I think our next one may be Modern Age.

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  07:05:46  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just an announcement, we appear to have exceeded our bandwidth, though whether that's temporary (as in a sudden surge of downloads) or total for the month is not clear to me at this point. In any case, I'm certainly working on getting this resolved ASAP... I run this on my personal server so there's no harm to FB.Net, fear not. Sorry for the inconvenience...

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  08:11:18  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK, problem resolved for now...

Go to Top of Page

Pixelated
- FB Fan -

2 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  15:18:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it was the best podcast yet.

But think of it this way: You broke your promise about breaking a promise every episode.

I didn't think that the 2 versions in Frank Black to Back were significantly different, but I liked the first one better. Out of the whole podcast, I liked the very first pair the most (Village of the Sun, and Something I'm Not Sure How to Spell).

Also, I wish you had some sort of conclusion at the end, a sort of goodbye thing to finish off the podcast. You left me hanging there. Also, I wish the podcasts were longer.

I'll have to get working on my Oddballs entry. When do they have to be sent in by? When exactly is the next episode?
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  17:08:03  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well thanks! Next episode April 1, have it in as soon as you can as Brian and I will be back in the studio next week at the very latest.

Go to Top of Page

silvereel
- FB Fan -

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  12:41:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i wanna hear deadman's curve. do you guys take requests? i'd also like to request "close your eyes", you know, from the peel sessions? i've never heard it, but "i need peace" is my favorite frank song, and i would love to hear the original.

-jeff (with a j sound, not a y)

"you can't do what you want to do, so get out your voodoo"
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  12:49:26  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We certainly do take requests, thanks (and noted). More or less have next episode scheduled but not recorded, but we'll keep you in mind, yeff.

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  13:20:26  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
NOTE TO PEOPLE WHO WANT AN ODDBALLS CD:

You have until Sunday night to mail us an audio clip of yourself saying/doing something we can use on the podcast. Thanks to those who've participated so far, some good stuff.

It can be almost anything.

"You're listening to the FrankBlack.Net Podcast"
"I'd like to hear more Pixies! I love them"
"Worst podcast ever"
"Can I request something from Frank live in Greece?"
"I have a trivia question I want to ask..."

Almost anything. podcast@fb.net. 4 days left.

Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  13:39:05  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

NOTE TO PEOPLE WHO WANT AN ODDBALLS CD:

You have until Sunday night to mail us an audio clip of yourself saying/doing something we can use on the podcast. Thanks to those who've participated so far, some good stuff.

It can be almost anything.

"You're listening to the FrankBlack.Net Podcast"
"I'd like to hear more Pixies! I love them"
"Worst podcast ever"
"Can I request something from Frank live in Greece?"
"I have a trivia question I want to ask..."

"Hey Dean, guess where I found your glasses!"

-----
I joined the Cult of Le Cigaw Volanttt
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  15:01:36  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hahaha, you're probably wearing right now!

Go to Top of Page

Grotesque
= Cult of Ray =

France
777 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  14:56:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello
That's a link to a mp3 musical message i made for the podcast contest:

http://manuel.grotsk.free.fr/nonnonnon.mp3

I joined my adress it to Cult Of Frank with in cas I win a copy...

Mmmm what wouldn't I do to get that album... I could have tried to speack with some otarias if I had to.
Go to Top of Page

Grotesque
= Cult of Ray =

France
777 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  15:02:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oops... I was stupid to post it here.
Well anyway it must be too long for the podcast.
Go to Top of Page

ATBNG
- FB Fan -

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2006 :  07:03:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guys - just wanted to say I'm enjoying the podcasts thoroughly. I think the 30-45 minute timeframe is best. The countrified Fiddle Riddle and Where the Wind is Blowing have been personal highlights. Thanks so much for putting them together - I'm looking forward to the next one.
Go to Top of Page

Superabounder
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2006 :  09:20:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys, I love the podcasts-great stuff! By the way, the Paul Slavens track on podcast one: how did you hear about him? I knew I recognized the name when I saw it in the posting, but it took a while for me to figure it out until I listened to podcast one. He has a well-known radio show in Dallas on Sunday nights: one of the best in the city (as opposed to most of our clear-channel broadcasts). Is he a forum member also?

I tend to think of human beings as huge rubbery test tubes, too, with chemical reactions seething inside
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2006 :  09:30:26  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Speedy M actually found that cover some years back and I knew it hadn't been heard by many around here, so I did some digging, talked with Paul, and put it on the podcast. I've actually only heard what he has on the web, but I imagine he'd have a cool radio show, he's a pretty cool guy.

Go to Top of Page

therewererumours
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1240 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2006 :  09:45:36  Show Profile  Visit therewererumours's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Got to listen to the last two Podcasts. Great work Dean and Brian. Like everyone else I was blown away by the country version of Fiddle Riddle and the live version of The Last Stand of Shazeb Andleeb was beautiful. Plus it's great getting previews from FM RM and hearing work from the people on the forum incorperated into it. Looking forward to the next one.

Go to Top of Page

velvety
= Cult of Ray =

Portugal
536 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2006 :  11:57:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by therewererumours
Looking forward to the next one.

Which will be available for download tomorrow?
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2006 :  12:28:25  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yup!

Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2006 :  14:47:12  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote

-----
I joined the Cult of Le Cigaw Volanttt
Go to Top of Page

silvereel
- FB Fan -

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2006 :  21:20:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK everybody, update those podcasts! Episode 4 has arrived!

"I'm done with adult matters. I'm doin the catapult."
Go to Top of Page

silvereel
- FB Fan -

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2006 :  21:23:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
holy f---ing s---! pixies!!!!!!!!!!!! FRANK BLACK YOU ARE GOD!!

"I'm done with adult matters. I'm doin the catapult."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000