-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 General Frank Black Chat
 FrankBlack.NET Podcast
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5127 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  01:19:16  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
New episode is up! Check your iTunes or frankblack.net/podcast.

- Brian
Go to Top of Page

joe FITZ of molly BANG
= Cult of Ray =

USA
349 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  05:20:17  Show Profile  Visit joe FITZ of molly BANG's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hooray!
Go to Top of Page

markos
- FB Fan -

55 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  07:24:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great job Brian, thankyou very much as always. I'm only on DeadMan's curve and this stuff is kicking my ass. Awesome!
Go to Top of Page

markos
- FB Fan -

55 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  08:30:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your right about Cinema Star Brian- fantastic stuff.
Go to Top of Page

Brank_Flack
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
589 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  08:36:00  Show Profile  Click to see Brank_Flack's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the podcast, it was great! I'm digesting the NSE songs right now, it was a nice touch with the frank black back to back segments. I thought the interview was great, its too bad a lot of it got lost, but the fidelity with Frank's voice really wasnt an issue, it was completely audible.
Go to Top of Page

Crispy Water
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
819 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  08:39:10  Show Profile  Visit Crispy Water's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh goodness...this NSE stuff has my teeth chattering in the best way.

Cinema Star indeed, and I can't get enough o' that Dead Man's Curve stuff!

------------------
Nothing is ever something.
Go to Top of Page

Crispy Water
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
819 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  08:42:00  Show Profile  Visit Crispy Water's Homepage  Reply with Quote
By the way Brian, I'm of the opinion that your recovery from the lost interview content is about the best we could have asked for. Wonderful podcast, there are a lot of treats on this one.

------------------
Nothing is ever something.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11523 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  09:54:28  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Excellent work, Bri, sorry to leave it all to you.


"Now you're officially my woman. Kudos. I can't say I don't envy you."
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2222 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  12:24:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great job, guys!

Love 'Cinema Star'.
Go to Top of Page

ruzom
= Cult of Ray =

France
267 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  13:00:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm currently listening to the latest podcast for the first time... and Deadman's Curve is AMAZING. Congratulations BF, and people of the podcast, thank you!!
Go to Top of Page

eroticvultcha
- FB Fan -

Ireland
81 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  14:04:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great Podcast, Brian. Didn't expect those strings all the way through the final mix of Rabbits.
Go to Top of Page

1965
= Cult of Ray =

Australia
799 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  20:03:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dean Man's Curve

I Love My Brian


I have the key to #902

Edited by - 1965 on 03/01/2010 20:05:16
Go to Top of Page

danjersey
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
2434 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  21:31:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dead Man's curve was already pretty damn poppy.

I love Cinema Star.
Go to Top of Page

joe FITZ of molly BANG
= Cult of Ray =

USA
349 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2010 :  05:00:17  Show Profile  Visit joe FITZ of molly BANG's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks so much for the podcast! this one probably had the most gems for us fb nerds. alot of new stuff. although maybe not for alot of new stuff for most of you? alot of you probably have der golem? (i went to buy der golem and it was 90 bucks. eek. probably going to skip out on that one (until i can get a cdr or something))

the songs were a very new sound. i liked it. as most of his stuff it will probably take a while before i'm in love with it.

i prefer the dead man's curve acoustic. six legged man was the only one i really dug (in that I want to listen to on repeat right now.)

I also realized as I was listening to the podcast, that of all his non pixies stuff i pretty much like the demo or acoustic versions better of the songs.
Go to Top of Page

ruzom
= Cult of Ray =

France
267 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2010 :  05:36:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cinema Star is incredible. Period.

Does the end, like me, reminds someone of The Ballad of Johnny Horton?
Go to Top of Page

pmjk
- FB Fan -

Ireland
83 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2010 :  05:44:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great Podcast Brian!

As for Teri and the Possibilities I have the following Crack Pot Theory

I think it is Iggy Pop.
Iggy spoke with Terri Gross on National Public Radio’s “Fresh Air” program about his new album,Préliminaires.
Listen to it here;
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=104735787

Préliminaires is a 2009 album by Iggy Pop, inspired by Michel Houellebecq's novel "La Possibilité d'une île" (The Possibility of an Island).

In "The Possibility of an Island" There are three main characters, Daniel, and two of his clones.
Daniel is the six legged man.


A quote from Frank
“I take to heart what Iggy Pop says. ‘It’s all disco.’ And, to a certain extent, it is,”
“When you think about how classical music, over the decades and centuries has changed… when you think about how much rock and roll has changed in 50 years, and really, you and I perceive all kinds of changes happening all the time. But from another perspective, things haven’t changed that much. We’re talking about a back beat. We’re talking about a three-minute pop song. Verses and choruses. There’s a lot more similarity in all these so-called genres than there are differences, I think.”

A quote from Frank in this podcast
‘It’s all notes.’

Go to Top of Page

joe FITZ of molly BANG
= Cult of Ray =

USA
349 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  06:50:30  Show Profile  Visit joe FITZ of molly BANG's Homepage  Reply with Quote
podcast questions.
1. will draw attention ever make it's way on the podcast?
2. has frank ever met iggy? he's written at least one song about him, covered at least one song of his, mentioned him a few times in interviews, even saying that he is his idol. they've also been on at least one comp together. Iggy has in the last couple of decades or so collaborated with some pretty lame folks. why not someone badass like charles.
3. i wonder what charles thought of the new stooges album. i think i'm the only one that dug it.
4. in my opinion suffering sounded like the first real personal song of his. and i always wondered what it was about. one would assume it was maybe to kim. eek.

my band: www.myspace.com/mollybang

Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5127 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  08:29:51  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by joe FITZ of molly BANG

podcast questions.
1. will draw attention ever make it's way on the podcast?
2. has frank ever met iggy? he's written at least one song about him, covered at least one song of his, mentioned him a few times in interviews, even saying that he is his idol. they've also been on at least one comp together. Iggy has in the last couple of decades or so collaborated with some pretty lame folks. why not someone badass like charles.
3. i wonder what charles thought of the new stooges album. i think i'm the only one that dug it.
4. in my opinion suffering sounded like the first real personal song of his. and i always wondered what it was about. one would assume it was maybe to kim. eek.

my band: www.myspace.com/mollybang





1. No. FB has stated that he really isn't pleased that those songs got leaked online, so we respect his wishes and don't play them.
2. No clue.
3. No clue.
4. I don't think it is about Kim, but who know.s

- Brian
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5127 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  08:30:20  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Broken Face

quote:
Originally posted by joe FITZ of molly BANG

podcast questions.
1. will draw attention ever make it's way on the podcast?
2. has frank ever met iggy? he's written at least one song about him, covered at least one song of his, mentioned him a few times in interviews, even saying that he is his idol. they've also been on at least one comp together. Iggy has in the last couple of decades or so collaborated with some pretty lame folks. why not someone badass like charles.
3. i wonder what charles thought of the new stooges album. i think i'm the only one that dug it.
4. in my opinion suffering sounded like the first real personal song of his. and i always wondered what it was about. one would assume it was maybe to kim. eek.

my band: www.myspace.com/mollybang





1. No. FB has stated that he really isn't pleased that those songs got leaked online, so we respect his wishes and don't play them.
2. No clue.
3. No clue.
4. I don't think it is about Kim, but who knows.

- Brian



- Brian
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2222 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  08:57:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I read an interview where he said they when playing a festival, back in the early 90s. Asked Iggy to sign his microphone. Apparently Iggy said "Oh, the Pixies? 'Gigantic', yeah?" and the Man was a bit miffed. That's the way he told the anecdote, as far as I remember. Pretty funny, and quite lighthearted.
Go to Top of Page

trapperj
- FB Fan -

24 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2010 :  14:08:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Admittedly I haven't listened to all the podcasts, but I was thinking today about how so many FB/BF songs are about or at least mention places, and how many of the people I know who love him, love to travel. Also, his music is pretty much perfect for driving. So I guess it's just a loose idea for a podcast or at least a discussion. Does Frank's music make you want to travel more, or does traveling want to make you listen to Frank's music? I don't know, it's hard to come up with ideas for podcasts,-you guys do a great job!
Go to Top of Page

darwin
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
5400 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2010 :  16:25:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You could call the podcast, "Places named by Frank".
Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3112 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2010 :  03:17:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's April's theme Brian?

_______________
Ed is the hoo hoo
Go to Top of Page

joe FITZ of molly BANG
= Cult of Ray =

USA
349 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2010 :  05:02:37  Show Profile  Visit joe FITZ of molly BANG's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I always wanted to make a mix of his goodbye songs (feilds of marigold, out of state, farewelll bend etc.) and songs that mention california or places in cali..

________________________________
my band: www.myspace.com/mollybang

Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5127 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2010 :  06:27:09  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by trobrianders

What's April's theme Brian?

_______________
Ed is the hoo hoo



April is the one-year anniversary of the death of Duane Jarvis, so the April podcast is a tribute to Duane, featuring music from his records, as well as highlighting some collaborations with FB.

- Brian
Go to Top of Page

joe FITZ of molly BANG
= Cult of Ray =

USA
349 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2010 :  07:27:16  Show Profile  Visit joe FITZ of molly BANG's Homepage  Reply with Quote
can't wait! thanks brian!!

________________________________
my band: www.myspace.com/mollybang

Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3112 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2010 :  07:47:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Broken Face

quote:
Originally posted by trobrianders

What's April's theme Brian?

_______________
Ed is the hoo hoo



April is the one-year anniversary of the death of Duane Jarvis, so the April podcast is a tribute to Duane, featuring music from his records, as well as highlighting some collaborations with FB.

- Brian

Great timing. I've only just realised I'm a fan through the Golem record.

_______________
Ed is the hoo hoo
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5127 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2010 :  07:52:16  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by trobrianders

quote:
Originally posted by Broken Face

quote:
Originally posted by trobrianders

What's April's theme Brian?

_______________
Ed is the hoo hoo



April is the one-year anniversary of the death of Duane Jarvis, so the April podcast is a tribute to Duane, featuring music from his records, as well as highlighting some collaborations with FB.

- Brian

Great timing. I've only just realised I'm a fan through the Golem record.

_______________
Ed is the hoo hoo



I'm hoping after this podcast, more people say the same. We feature three of his solo cuts, as well as some live stuff and some studio stuff with FB. I'm proud of the mixture of music we chose to represent Duane, as his playing allowed him to do so much - blues, country, straight up rock. We go into this a bit more in the podcast, but he was such a sweet guy, and one of the big regrets i have is that we weren't able to get him on the show. He and i emailed in January of 2009 and he seemed upbeat, but ultimately, we never got around to booking it. So this is the next best thing we can do. I hope you all enjoy it.

- Brian
Go to Top of Page

joe FITZ of molly BANG
= Cult of Ray =

USA
349 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  04:59:41  Show Profile  Visit joe FITZ of molly BANG's Homepage  Reply with Quote
aye has anyone posted that black francis and joey are on the shel silverstein tribute?

________________________________
my band: www.myspace.com/mollybang

Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3112 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2010 :  08:32:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Broken Face

I'm hoping after this podcast, more people say the same. We feature three of his solo cuts, as well as some live stuff and some studio stuff with FB. I'm proud of the mixture of music we chose to represent Duane, as his playing allowed him to do so much - blues, country, straight up rock. We go into this a bit more in the podcast, but he was such a sweet guy, and one of the big regrets i have is that we weren't able to get him on the show. He and i emailed in January of 2009 and he seemed upbeat, but ultimately, we never got around to booking it. So this is the next best thing we can do. I hope you all enjoy it.

- Brian

Do you know, are they playing DJ-L, BF-R throughout the record?

_______________
Ed is the hoo hoo
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5127 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2010 :  17:49:35  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Podcast is finally up. Sorry folks, was dogsitting for my (temporarily) computer-less parents since we were having issues last week. Enjoy!

- Brian
Go to Top of Page

joe FITZ of molly BANG
= Cult of Ray =

USA
349 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2010 :  04:32:08  Show Profile  Visit joe FITZ of molly BANG's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hoooray!!!

________________________________
my band: www.myspace.com/mollybang

Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5127 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2010 :  08:34:25  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by trobrianders

quote:
Originally posted by Broken Face

I'm hoping after this podcast, more people say the same. We feature three of his solo cuts, as well as some live stuff and some studio stuff with FB. I'm proud of the mixture of music we chose to represent Duane, as his playing allowed him to do so much - blues, country, straight up rock. We go into this a bit more in the podcast, but he was such a sweet guy, and one of the big regrets i have is that we weren't able to get him on the show. He and i emailed in January of 2009 and he seemed upbeat, but ultimately, we never got around to booking it. So this is the next best thing we can do. I hope you all enjoy it.

- Brian

Do you know, are they playing DJ-L, BF-R throughout the record?

_______________
Ed is the hoo hoo



I believe so...

- Brian
Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3112 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2010 :  09:00:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks. Can't wait to hear the podcast. Isn't it Episode #45 though?

_______________
Ed is the hoo hoo
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5127 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2010 :  01:44:21  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oops...let me fix that...

- Brian
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2016 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000