Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2009 :  11:10:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for another entertaining podcast guys. The Doolittle tour's been more exciting than I thought it was going to be. It's great that you reflected some of that in this month's show.

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2009 :  15:38:34  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks as always, trobianders, for listening. We love doing it, it keeps us excited about Frank Black I think, or certainly it helps...

"Now you're officially my woman. Kudos. I can't say I don't envy you."
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2009 :  18:06:53  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Brand new podcast is up featuring a kick-ass contest and 7 exclusive tracks from The Golem (4 instrumentals used as background music and 3 up front for your listening pleasure). Plus interviews with EDF, Ralph Carney and Jason Carter. What the fuck are you waiting for?

iTunes users, just wait an hour or so - or until its officially 12/1 wherever you are - and it'll be there.

- Brian
Go to Top of Page

markos
- FB Fan -

55 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2009 :  21:27:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks alot for this new podcast guys. The new Golem tracks sound pretty amazing- can't wait for the full release!
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  01:34:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent podcast!
Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  09:19:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Impressive guest line-up. Another great podcast. The Ralph Carney interview was particularly great. Thanks again guys.

darwin
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  15:47:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't keep up! Great Doolittle podcast. The Mr. Grieves was most excellent.
Go to Top of Page

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1592 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  23:31:59  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You said so many things I wanted to comment on, but
right now I can only remember one.

Nice prediction.
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  02:30:55  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hammerhands

You said so many things I wanted to comment on, but
right now I can only remember one.

Nice prediction.

Which prediction?

- Brian
Go to Top of Page

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1592 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  02:52:59  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That we would have Der Golem in hand.
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  03:25:35  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

That we would have Der Golem in hand.

Hey, a guy can be wishful, right?

- Brian
Go to Top of Page

danjersey
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
2787 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  13:04:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I enjoyed listening to podcast #41. I plan on going through the archives and downloading a few more.
Go to Top of Page

= Cult of Ray =

Australia
799 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2009 :  23:36:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have the 2 x USB's been won?

I have the key to #902
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  01:29:35  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 1965

Have the 2 x USB's been won?

I have the key to #902

Yes - and if we had 10 more to give away, we'd have given those away, too. Next time i'll make the question harder...

- Brian
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  04:29:33  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
New podcast tomorrow - i won't be able to do my typical midnight release because, frankly, i'll be getting drunk. Post-hangover, i'll post it tomorrow.

Happy arbitrary demarcation of time!

- Brian
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  12:12:26  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm listening to Pixies at the bar here in Nicaragua (currently I'm Amazed) which I had nothing to do with. Happy New Year to all our listeners, forum members, and of course, Brians.

Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  07:13:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same to you Dean! :)
Go to Top of Page

mosleyk
= Cult of Ray =

USA
607 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  09:06:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Broken Face

New podcast tomorrow - i won't be able to do my typical midnight release because, frankly, i'll be getting drunk. Post-hangover, i'll post it tomorrow.

Happy arbitrary demarcation of time!

- Brian

Enjoying the podcast right now. Love it! Thanks Brian
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  09:40:54  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Who will be the first to actually exercise with it? And/or report back.

Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  13:54:24  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Who will be the first to actually exercise with it? And/or report back.

40 minutes into my gym workout today i realized that i had this at my disposal. Oh well - next time.

- Brian
Go to Top of Page

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1592 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  20:11:52  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote

What would you use for warm up and cool down?
Late 20's, are you Jack Benny?
Tame and I Sent Away can get you barred from the
co-ed gym.
Canadian Olympian Clara Hughes, maybe you should apply
for Field Hockey.

Edited by - hammerhands on 01/04/2010 20:23:52
Go to Top of Page

darwin

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  08:59:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Which one is Brian?
Go to Top of Page

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1592 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  09:11:36  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Those are chasers, this is a chasee

http://www.jokeroo.com/video/funny/runaway-milkshake.html

Edited by - hammerhands on 01/05/2010 09:23:25
Go to Top of Page

Brank_Flack
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
910 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  07:44:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just got to the Golem podcast, great job! Unreleased Golem songs, and interviews from behind the scenes golem players made for an amazing podcast.
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  09:12:54  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brank_Flack

I just got to the Golem podcast, great job! Unreleased Golem songs, and interviews from behind the scenes golem players made for an amazing podcast.

Glad you enjoyed it!

The Workout Podcast has been in our back pocket for a long time, so it feels good to finally get that out. February's is another project we've been sitting on for awhile, so i'm excited to set that one into the wild as well. March is somewhat up in the air (we have one planned, but that may get bumped in favor of something really, really cool), and April is probably the most sentimental we've ever done. That's enough teasing for now...enjoy working out!

Regards,

- Brian

Oh, and "Chip Dipson" is actually my friend Kenny, doing a great sports voice.
Go to Top of Page

houstonguthrie
- FB Fan -

187 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  10:09:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm just hearing this for the first time today and I must commend you guys. You did a great job with this one - I will use it!!
Go to Top of Page

gyaneshwar
- FB Fan -

194 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2010 :  04:51:52  Show Profile  Visit gyaneshwar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
From the blackfrancis.net homepage. Looks like you guys got the interview. Good job - looking forward to hearing it:

Date: 26-01-2010
Two new solo acoustic shows have been added in California (Sacramento & Santa Barbara) and finally, we hear a release date for NONSTOPEROTIK (March 30th in the USA and April 6th in the rest of the world)!

No telling when tracks to the new record will be leaked but we can assure you, they will be. An upcoming FRANKBLACK.NET podcast will feature at least a few of the tracks as well as an interview with BF & producer EDF.

As we've mentioned previously, art films created for NSE by English film maker Judy Jacobs (who created Doolittle films used during the recent Pixies' tours) will be shown ... read more in the NEWS section.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2010 :  15:43:47  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, it was a bit complicated but Brian handled the logistics like a champ (and I hear that we owe "The Bureaucrat" quite a bit for this as well). I had to drive 6.5 hours down the Panamerican Highway to get to Panama City and solid internet and still I wound up needing to borrow the hostel's phone here. Brian made it happen anyway.

It was great talking to them and I'm sure you'll love our next two podcasts, so stay tuned!

Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  05:56:38  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
New podcast up today: Catholics Covering Pixies! Every Pixies track the Catholics ever played, hand selected by Dean and i to represent our favorite versions of the tracks (although i did get outvoted on the double-pedal steel Monkey...).

Next month: NonStopErotikast.

- Brian
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  11:32:58  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great podcast. I haven't really heard much of the catholics live to be honest, they sound like a great live band.
Go to Top of Page

= Cult of Ray =

Australia
799 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  12:02:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes another great podcast.. Really liked the versions of Manta Ray + Holiday Song. They were all pretty good really. Thanks again guys!

Btw when you said you were going to stop talking and just play the songs, I actually believed you...........
Lookin fwd to the nsecast.

I have the key to #902
Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  13:18:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys for another fine podcast. Particularly enjoyed the versions of Crackity Jones and Caribou (and by the way Pixies were slowing down 2nd half of Nimrod's Son since before they split). Looking ahead to NonStopErotikast. Happy 4th birthday!!!!

Edited by - trobrianders on 02/01/2010 23:16:13
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  21:14:51  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Manta Ray, 1965? You mean Dancing The Manta Ray, right?
I haven't listened to any podcast in like 2 years (yeah, I suck) but now I want to. Just yesterday I was listening to the Shepherd's gig, Dec. 1st, 2003 - The last Catholics gig ever if I'm not mistaken. God, these guys were soooo good as that time. Super tight, killer setlist, and their last song ever was Freedom Rock. Good times.

Denis

"Can you hear me? I aint got shit to say."
Go to Top of Page

= Cult of Ray =

Australia
799 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  00:38:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vilainde

Manta Ray, 1965? You mean Dancing The Manta Ray, right?
I haven't listened to any podcast in like 2 years (yeah, I suck) but now I want to. Just yesterday I was listening to the Shepherd's gig, Dec. 1st, 2003 - The last Catholics gig ever if I'm not mistaken. God, these guys were soooo good as that time. Super tight, killer setlist, and their last song ever was Freedom Rock. Good times.

Denis

"Can you hear me? I aint got shit to say."

Yes Denis, spot on: Dancing The Manta Ray.

I have the key to #902
Go to Top of Page

joe FITZ of molly BANG
= Cult of Ray =

USA
349 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2010 :  11:10:30  Show Profile  Visit joe FITZ of molly BANG's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by starmekitten

I listened to my first one today and I thought it was bloody marvelous. Except you guys pronounce some things weird, asides that, really super!

Black to back. Clever. See what you did there.

I love how you guys pronounce "Regina" and that is said so frequently. heh. :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000