Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2007 :  19:41:19  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ken Goes is no longer FB's or the Pixies' manager. I'm looking forward to hearing the new podcasts like a regular joe soon. Hopefully Brian got it all figured out, the timing for me to be around was not so convenient.

"Now you're officially my woman. Kudos. I can't say I don't envy you."
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2007 :  01:51:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Dean, how's things? I didn't know Ken Goes wasn't managing Frank/Pixies anymore!
Go to Top of Page

black franciscan
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
68 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2007 :  16:07:41  Show Profile  Visit black franciscan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Howdy all - looking forward to a new podcast.
That's a bummer about your machine Brian - hope all works out - had a similar thing happen the end of last year. It's real heart in your mouth stuff!

So, Ken 'goes' - any word on who's in..?

My mind is like the ocean...

http://www.gilagraphics.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2007 :  18:25:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by black franciscan

good one! ken's gone! wow. that's big news. maybe black already told us in his babelfish posts. i wonder if ken is having a retirement party? that's a very long career with a great artist. i'm sure he played a big part in bringing all that frank goodness to us.

"I joined the Cult of Frank/ cause I'm a real go-getter!"
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2007 :  01:39:18  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by black franciscan

An Englishman.
Go to Top of Page

black franciscan
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
68 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2007 :  04:32:25  Show Profile  Visit black franciscan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
qué?

I mean, being an Englishman, I know what an Englishman is - Especially as I live in Scotland, I'm reminded regularly what Englishmen are..!
However, any more info than 'englishman'..?

My mind is like the ocean...

http://www.gilagraphics.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

perrom
- FB Fan -

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2007 :  18:30:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hola Mi Amigos,

Could someone inject some news regarding Mr. Black so that I may sleep knowing some fresh material is on the horizon? Don't care if it is a duo with Huey Lewis or another recording with EDF, just something to keep me going. Gracias!

Matt

"I`m drinking antiknock
I do a mantra and I know PL/1"
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2007 :  07:21:20  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey guys,

My sincereset apolgies for my recent disappearing act. Basically, the short story is two-fold. The main reason is that a girl who is in the group i run got suicidial in the first week of February, and so that set off a long series of meetings, phone calls, interventions, etc. that has exhausted my resources to the fact of, many nights, coming home and going to bed pre-11pm, which is very unusual for me.

Secondly, i had three podcasts edited and done, and then my PC crashed, and the same week, i had to reformat my laptop.

But really, i have just been overwhelmed by the work thing. But i am back now - podcasts will go back up March 1, and i promise to be around more. I am very sorry.

-Brian

-Brian - http://bvsrant.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2007 :  08:10:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww Brian, that's fine. This is a wonderful site, but I think professional and personal lives must take priority!
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2007 :  12:42:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I, for one, am thrilled to see you back, Brian. Like someone said -- I think it was fbc -- we feel like orphaned children when you and Dean aren't around. Oh, and, uh, sorry to tell you this, but your first order of business will be to change the name of the website, forum, and podcast. It seems our hero has changed his own name, damn him.

Please pardon me, for these my wrongs.

Edited by - coastline on 02/24/2007 12:43:01
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2007 :  12:48:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Brian, great to see you back! :)
Go to Top of Page

= Cult of Ray =

Australia
799 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2007 :  14:27:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey thanks for the update Brian. Hope things are back on track, or getting there anyway.

Looking fwd to the next Brian/Dean PC adventures...

(( There's a perfect explanation for the shit that I've been in. Soon as I find out I'll let you know... ))
Go to Top of Page

darwin
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2007 :  15:47:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coastline

I, for one, am thrilled to see you back, Brian. Like someone said -- I think it was fbc -- we feel like orphaned children when you and Dean aren't around. Oh, and, uh, sorry to tell you this, but your first order of business will be to change the name of the website, forum, and podcast. It seems our hero has changed his own name, damn him.

starmekitten is also a moderator on fb.net, so we weren't orphaned.
Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2007 :  19:29:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was a hard lesson for all of us but you don't know what you've got til it's gone. Thrilled to have you back Brian. March 1st, Red Letter Day.

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2007 :  03:34:34  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coastline

Like someone said -- I think it was fbc

(Yo man) Yo
(Open up man) What do you want man?
(Coasty just caught me)
You let him catch you?
(I don't know how I let this happen)
With who?
(His girl next door, you know?) Man...
(I don't know what to do) Say it wasn't you
(Alright)

"wasn't me"
Go to Top of Page

stymie
= Cult of Ray =

385 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2007 :  19:15:41  Show Profile  Visit stymie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What do you mean our hero has changed his name?
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2007 :  19:36:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stymie

What do you mean our hero has changed his name?

In case you missed it: http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17627&whichpage=6

Edited by - coastline on 02/25/2007 19:36:50
Go to Top of Page

perrom
- FB Fan -

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2007 :  14:19:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brian, there is no I in team and there is no us without you. We appreciate your generosity and no need for apologies. -Matt

"I`m drinking antiknock
I do a mantra and I know PL/1"
Go to Top of Page

rodney
- FB Fan -

USA
127 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2007 :  19:31:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No reason to apologize when real life gets in the way of our hobbies, especially when the life of a close friend is involved. Glad to hear all is on it's way back.
Go to Top of Page

mr_grieves1969
- FB Fan -

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2007 :  16:28:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really love the pod cast It is part of the reason why I joined the forums. Keep up the good work

Ive got 21 reasons to post
Go to Top of Page

kelladwella
= Cult of Ray =

Germany
729 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2007 :  02:51:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there a new one out?
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2007 :  09:21:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't see one. Brian surfaced momentarily a couple weeks ago and said it would be out March 1, but I'm guessing he's still tied up with real-life troubles, which are partly what delayed the next podcast the first time, which was originally to have come out Feb. 1.

But that's all an educated guess. Correct me if I'm wrong, Brian/Dean/whoever.

Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2007 :  09:37:26  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think it's a case of just being patient. It's a busy time for everyone involved in the running of the forum at the moment. Normal services will resume... when they resume.

Idiot.
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  13:07:05  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The same server issue that shut down the site temporarily is apparently wrecking havoc with the podcast server. I uploaded it Feb 28 and have numerous times since. I'm working on getting to the bottom of this. In any case, i've recorded a third podcast for both March and April to make up for it. Just please be patient. Thanks

Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  13:31:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brian we really appreciate the effort. You're a star.

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2007 :  03:12:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Legend!
Go to Top of Page

junkmale
- FB Fan -

79 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2007 :  08:53:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Brian

And all that because sharks Twenty-five people kill every year. All that because sharks from time to time are made the teeth. All that I always knew it by reading the Telegram of Brest. All that I will always know it when I read the Telegram of Brest
Go to Top of Page

Jefrey
= Cult of Ray =

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  03:06:18  Show Profile  Visit Jefrey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Brian, the podcasts were coming fast and furious when you were doing them, and they were so fun to listen to.

If we can help at all with any technical/money issues, please let us know.

Poster Children (one of my other favorite bands) have a cool new idea called "single of the moment" which you can check out here:

http://www.twelveinchrecords.com/

If you don't want to look, the idea is that they have a PayPal site set up so people that like the stuff and want to contibute can donate any time they want to the "hat" which keeps the music flowing and gets them paid so they can keep doing what makes us happy.

I think it would be an awesome idea to put up a "hat" for people to donate when and if they can. I'm happy to contribute and I'm sure many others are too to keep money from being any sort of an obstacle from making this site the best music community there is.

========
jeffamerica
========
Go to Top of Page

The Holiday Son
= Quote Accumulator =

France
1994 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  15:34:10  Show Profile  Visit The Holiday Son's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Broken Face

The same server issue that shut down the site temporarily is apparently wrecking havoc with the podcast server. I uploaded it Feb 28 and have numerous times since. I'm working on getting to the bottom of this.

I found a link...
http://podcast.frankblack.net/FBPodcast24.mp3
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  15:50:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So nice to hear your voices again, boys.

Go to Top of Page

Grotesque
= Cult of Ray =

France
777 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2007 :  14:58:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2 main reasons I enjoyed a lot the ""new"" podcast:

-Finaly I dont want to hurt you is a pretty good song ! From the Cult of Ray version, I believed this was the only FB bad song. Sorry to admit (but now it belongs to the past)

-I can listen a bit of Christmass, that I ordered more than a month ago ! It takes a while to arrive to Argentina !!!
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2007 :  15:01:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really have to catch up on the podcasts. In any case, happy first anniversary!

St. Valentine Dean Disaster, heh, good one!
Go to Top of Page

Frequency31
- FB Fan -

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  21:37:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Quick question, I was just on my itunes and when I hit the 'refresh' button (I do this because sometimes my podcasts don't automatically update) an exclamation symbol appeared next to the frankblack.net podcast. When I clicked on it, it said that this "does not seem to be a valid Podcast URL."

I was just curious if this is a technical glitch continued from the catastrophic computer crash or if the podcast has taken an apocalyptic turn and decided that the end was nigh. I'm hoping it was the former.

And has there been any news from Dean since he went backpacking around Australia??
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2007 :  05:33:08  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It should be a glitch...there was an issue w/ us stupidly forgetting to update the year in the xml feed, so check your iTunes for a podcast in March of 2006 labeled "St. Valentine Dean Disaster" - that should be the most recent, with another to go up in a day or two.

And yes, Dean is fine and enjoying his trip, the lucky bastard.

Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  12:49:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://podcastparty.blogspot.com/2007/03/great-source-for-music-of-pixies-frank.html

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A Great Source for Music of The Pixies, Frank Black, and More

Some of the best Web sites about rock musicians have been put together by fans, and these days fans are applying their passion to podcasting. If you're a fan of punk pioneers The Pixies or their leader Frank Black (who has also called himself Black Francis and Francis Black at various times), you'll want to listen to the FrankBlack.net podcast.

Created and run by two Frank Black fans (one in New Jersey, one in Canada), this twice-a-month podcast has for a year now been offering a knowledgable collection of music and information about Black's musical output. It includes full-length selections--free and legal--from his work with the Pixies, his solo career, and his work with Frank Black and the Catholics.

Each episode runs from a half hour to 45 minutes.

Besides the album tracks that may be familiar to Frank Black fans, the podcast features B-sides, unreleased tracks, live performances, and more. Among other things, you'll find:
* live cuts that sometimes differ quite a bit from their original studio versions
* rarities from Frank Black's library that haven't seen the light of day (or the light of a CD player, or whatever the appropriate analogy would be)
* the hosts' choice of underrated songs that deserve more attention
* cover versions culled from tribute albums and elsewhere
* "Frank Black to Back"--alternate versions of songs, played next to each other for comparison
* guest interviews and songs from Frank Black collaborators and others associated with various Black projects

So the FrankBlack.net podcast is a good resource for both longtime fans and for new listeners.

The hosts joke around a bit but never lose site of the focus on Black and his music, so the banter is never annoying. These guys are dedicated fans first and foremost, and their goal is to expose listeners to the genius of Black.

Besides the podcast, the folks at FrankBlack.net run a fan Web site that includes extensive forums, news, tour updates, and more. The site and podcast are great resources for diehard fans and anyone looking to get into the vast output of Black in his various musical incarnations.

Posted by Launchpad at 7:28 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000