Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

martian-honey
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
71 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  01:49:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what do you think about the polotics and legalisation of drugs? i know the debate can be endless so tell us your views...

VoVat
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  07:54:35  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
We've had this discussion before, I think. As a general rule, I'm not a fan of drugs, but I don't think people should be thrown in jail for using them. I guess I favor decriminalization, at least, if not outright legalization. Besides, if drugs are legalized, they can be regulated, and it would give less power to the drug dealers.

I was all out of luck, like a duck that died. I was all out of juice, like a moose denied.
Go to Top of Page

jediroller
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1718 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  08:10:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My favourite drug is food, so if you could merge your threads, I'd be on the ball. Or something.

I jumped on the Frank Black Bandwagon/'Cause Pixies are so 2004
Go to Top of Page

Erebus
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1834 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  10:09:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think people shouldn't be allowed to vote unless they've done psychedelics, preferably shrooms but in a pinch, LSD. An eye has no range until it understands psilocybin blue.
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  12:56:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't support this presidental's administration to focus on pot. I mean that is silly given all the violence and child abuse that happens b/c of meth. Meth is much more dangerous and addictive than pot will ever be.

"I ain't goin to be what I ain't"
Go to Top of Page

VoVat

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  13:27:32  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
From what I understand, pot isn't even physically addicting. (Some people get psychologically addicted to it, but that's a different matter.) Why the government seems to think it's so much worse than other drugs with more harmful effects is beyond me.

I was all out of luck, like a duck that died. I was all out of juice, like a moose denied.
Go to Top of Page

Cheeseman1000

Iceland
8201 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  14:30:23  Show Profile  Visit Cheeseman1000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You could argue that alcohol is much more harmful than the weed. It can cause violent tendencies, exacerbated in groups, and short- and long-term illnesses, can be extremely addictive and becomes a very costly habit.
Tastes better than pot though.

How's that for a slice of fried gold?
Go to Top of Page

VoVat

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  15:07:07  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
True, and tobacco is more dangerous than either one in some ways (more addictive, for one thing). It seems to me that why certain drugs are legal often has a lot more to do with economic and social reasons than medical ones.

Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2005 :  00:38:38  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
any excuse!

They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realize that it's not worth the fucking effort. There is a difference. - Bill Hicks

quote:
Originally posted by Cheeseman1000

You could argue that alcohol is much more harmful than the weed. It can cause violent tendencies, exacerbated in groups...

I have never seen two people on pot get in a fight because it is fucking IMPOSSIBLE. "Hey, buddy!" "Hey, what?" "Ummmmmmm...." End of argument. - B.H.

I've just finished a thesis on the benefit of non-psychoactive cannabis on treatment of inflammatory skeletal disease and there's correlation with easing the bone degredation in these diseases, reducing inflammation and interfering with pain pathways. It's been used as an anti-emetic in post chemotherapy nausea. It's been used medicinally for thousands of years. When I did studies on alcohol abuse *that* was scary. The pathological conditions that can be caused by alcohol are horrible scary. Urgh I don't want to think about it now but what people think of as alcoholics and then the amount one would actually have to consume to cause liver disease are different things. We had to do some case studies and this one woman had onset of liver disease after a few years of a "glass or two a night just to help me relax".

Although, whilst it isn't addictive it is habit forming for some people. I know folks who'll smoke the odd J and that will be enough and I know folks who have convinced themselves they can't sleep without it. It's usually those who get into the habit that are the stoner unmotivated types. It's a double edged sword that one but oh my yes should it be legalised. For too many reasons, in fact it's a bit crazy to me that it isn't....

Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit... unnatural? You know what I mean? It's nature. How do you make nature against the fucking law? - B.H.

Little old ladies and sufferers of long term illnesses risking going to prison to ease their pain is madness. A drug thats less harmful than alcohol and tobacco, never induces violence and won't get you addicted. There's so much benefit to the legalisation, think of it nationally as well, the jobs and the tax revenue! madness. I don't smoke because I'm really sensitive to it (three hour coma-whitey extrordinaire) but never care if people choose to. As long as they open the window or I'll get horrible headache.
Go to Top of Page

whoreatthedoor
> Teenager of the Year <

Spain
2873 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2005 :  01:10:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I live close to the biggest drug supermarket in the island. And believe me, if it was legal there would be less people buying there. Because it's fucking impossible to be more traffic than there is right now. Plus if it was selled at low prices on pharmacies the crime organizations should move to another business.

Everybody knows what's going on in that place. But, as a policeman friend of mine told me, "You need a whole army to enter there, they have more and better weapons than all the police department".

Every week someone dies in there. That's what the criminalization of drugs carries on.

El amor es la distancia más larga entre un punto y otro

Edited by - whoreatthedoor on 09/06/2005 01:12:21
Go to Top of Page

hWolsky
= Cult of Ray =

France
696 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2005 :  01:38:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Totally against drug legalisation, soft or hard.
I am a Marijuana amateur.
This is my problem.

I found policy in Holland dangerous and evil.

Governement or what is at its head should provide entertainment and mind-blowing experiences.

Drugs are against a conception of civilisation already spoiled by Marx, Freud and the so-called humanist values.

Go to Top of Page

whoreatthedoor
> Teenager of the Year <

Spain
2873 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2005 :  01:54:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hWolsky

Drugs are against a conception of civilisation already spoiled by Marx, Freud and the so-called humanist values.

What??? Nobody took more drugs than those guys.

Edited by - whoreatthedoor on 09/06/2005 02:00:10
Go to Top of Page

hWolsky
= Cult of Ray =

France
696 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2005 :  02:07:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One more reason to avoid drugs and anti-christian values.

Go to Top of Page

VoVat

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2005 :  13:47:38  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
While I think legalization of marijuana would probably do more good than harm, I can't say I put much store in the "nature" argument. (And yes, I realize Bill Hicks was a comedian, but I've heard other people make similar arguments in a less intentionally humorous manner.) I mean, there are plenty of natural things that are bad for you, or that are regulated with good reason.

quote:
One more reason to avoid drugs and anti-christian values.

You mean like how women should be allowed to talk around men and have careers, and homosexuals should be treated decently? Yeah, those are some dangerous values right there.

Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2005 :  13:57:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i don't think it's fair that shooting crack cocaine has such a stigma to it
Go to Top of Page

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2005 :  14:45:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And all I see is little dots
Some are smeared and some are spots
Feels like a murder but that's alright
Somebody said there's too much light
Pull down the shade and it's alright
It'll be over in a minute or two.

I'm charged up...Don't put me down
Don't feel like talking...Don't mess around
I feel mean...I feel OK
I'm charged up...Electricity

The boys are making a big mess
This makes the girls all start to laugh
I don't know what they're talking about
The boys are worried, the girls are shocked
They pick the sound and let it drop
Nobody know what they're talking about

I'm charged up...I'm kinda wooden
I'm barely moving...I study motion
I study myself...I fooled myself
I'm charged up...It's pretty intense.
I'm charged up...Don't put me down
Don't feel like talking...Don't mess around
I feel mean...I feel OK
I'm charged up...Electricity.

Sometimes, no matter how shitty things get, you have to just do a little dance. - Frank
Go to Top of Page

hWolsky
= Cult of Ray =

France
696 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2005 :  00:17:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's how I call it!

Drugs like Fear of Music would help a lot to improve these days.

Go to Top of Page

Monsieur
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1688 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2005 :  01:18:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Law and justice are two separated concepts. The feeling of justice is just one aspect of the law, the purpose of which should be to make a powerful state. The feeling of justice makes people more productive. That is why the society is not always fair to those whose contribution to the nation's wealth is marginal.

For example, in each State, high treason is the most severely punished act. Morally, of course, everyone will agree that raping children is worse.

That is why I am against the legalization of drugs of any kind. It is good to do something against the law, sometimes.

I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Go to Top of Page

Scarla O
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
947 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2005 :  01:21:07  Show Profile  Visit Scarla O's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Good quotes starmekitten.

---------------------------------------
the tips turn down oh my vicious thumbs...
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2005 :  03:32:39  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Besides, if drugs are legalized, they can be regulated, and it would give less power to the drug dealers

the cheaper gear will always be with the dealer.
quote:
That is why I am against the legalization of drugs of any kind. It is good to do something against the law, sometimes

I agree. Legalise don't legalise. We'll still be scoring whatever the Laws might say.
Go to Top of Page

bazza
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1439 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2005 :  05:34:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More Bill Hicks on drugs:

1. Not all drugs are good. Some of them are GREAT.

2. Your denial is beneath you, and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs, I see through you.

3. You see, I think drugs have done some good things for us. I really do. And If you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a favour. Go home tonight take all your albums, all your tapes and all your CDs and burn them. 'Cause You know what the musicians that made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years? RrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrEAL fucking high on drugs... The Beatles were so fucking high they let Ringo sing a few songs.

4. I believe that God left certain drugs growing naturally upon our planet to help speed up and facilitate our evolution. OK, not the most popular idea ever expressed. Either that or you're all real high and agreeing with me in the only way you can right now. (Starts blinking)

5. They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realize that it's not worth the fucking effort. There is a difference.

6. The rock stars today who don't do drugs and who in fact speak out against drugs - We're rock against drugs! ... Boy, they suck.

She will be your living end.
Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2005 :  06:18:51  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bazza

More Bill Hicks on drugs:

2. Your denial is beneath you, and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs, I see through you.

This could be my favourite, I forsee an afternoon of DVD watching and CD listening Bill-ness.
Three more:

1. To make marijuana against the law is like saying God made a mistake. You know what I mean, it's like God on the seventh day looked down on his creation: "There it is, my creation, perfect and holy in all ways. Now, I can rest." ..... "Oh my me." "I left fucking pot everywhere." "I should never have smoked that joint on the third day ..shit." "That was the day I created possums. Haha. Still gives me a chuckle." "If I leave pot everywhere that's gonna to give humans the impression they're supposed to... 'use' it." "(sigh) Now I have to create Republicans." And God wept.

2. And I figured out a way to perhaps make everyone happy about drugs, are ya ready? How about this? Here's a way we can do it, make everyone happy. For those people who believe drugs should be legalised, legalise them. And, for those people who believe they should'nt be, they're not, they never were, don't worry, we're cracking down. There! Now everyone is happy. I am the weaver.

3. Do you think magic mushrooms growing atop cow shit was an accident? Where do you think the phrase, 'that's good shit' came from? Why do you think Hindus think cows are holy? Holy shit! Why do I think MacDonalds is the Anti-Christ?
Go to Top of Page

whoreatthedoor
> Teenager of the Year <

Spain
2873 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2005 :  07:13:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know the source, but my mother told me yesterday that Spain has beaten the US and now is the first country in the world in terms of cocaine consume rate per capita.

At least we're the first ones in something.

Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2005 :  07:34:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bazza

You see, I think drugs have done some good things for us. I really do. And If you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a favour. Go home tonight take all your albums, all your tapes and all your CDs and burn them. 'Cause You know what the musicians that made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years? RrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrEAL fucking high on drugs... The Beatles were so fucking high they let Ringo sing a few songs.

I was just thinking of that the other day!
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2005 :  03:59:46  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
just so you know, any posts over the next few hours will be under the influence
Go to Top of Page

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2005 :  04:02:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
but it's only 7 a.m.!

Sometimes, no matter how shitty things get, you have to just do a little dance. - Frank
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2005 :  04:05:50  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
7 a.m is Dre time!

Aww they say uhh..
.. a black man is a pimp
Well let me tell you the biggest pimp
on planet motherf**kin Earth, is her momma
It's her MOMMA that told her,
"Get a man that got a good job gurl!
Make sure he got a good car gurl!
Make sure he can take you out and buy you somethin gurl!"
What happened to just fallin in love with a nigga with a bus
pass -- just cause you love the nigga?

But I'm the pimp motherf**ker!
I gotta be the player!

Biggest hoes, on planet Earth..
.. are walkin through the motherf**kin neighborhood
You KNEW when you got with the nigga he already had a woman
You knew he already had a family
but you f**ked him anyway!!!
And then when you thought you gon' lose the nigga
you went and got pregant - didn't you bitch, DIDN'T YOU!!
THE OL' KEEP A NIGGA BABY
And then when the nigga ain't around, what do you tell the
child?
"Aww that nigga ain't shit, that's why yo' daddy ain't here;
cause that nigga ain't shit."
How bout bein a woman, and tellin the kid the truth
that yo' momma, you was a hoe!
TELL THE KID!
Momma was a hoe, I was weekend pussy
I had you to keep the nigga, it didn't work out
that's why he ain't here - but he a good nigga
cause he take care of his REAL family
I was just a dumb bitch, tryin to keep, a nigga that I wanted
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2005 :  04:06:51  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
now that's mother fuckin' 'WORD'
Go to Top of Page

Doog
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1220 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2005 :  04:17:14  Show Profile  Visit Doog's Homepage  Click to see Doog's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I miss Bill Hicks. He was the shit.

Join the cult of / We rip off the logo of Moog (RIP)
www.myspace.com/doog - www.doog.tk
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2005 :  04:31:09  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"I'm sorry if, uh, anyone here is Catholic, uh. I'm not sorry if you are offended; I'm actually sorry just the fact that you're Catholic"
Go to Top of Page

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2005 :  05:03:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pick it, pack it
Fire it up, come along
And take a hit from the bong
Put the blunt down just for a second
Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a new method
Inhale, exhale
Just got an ounce in the mail
I like a blunt or a big fat cone
But my double-barrel bong
Is gettin’ me stoned
I’m skill it
There’s water inside don’t spill it
It smells like shit on the carpet
Still it
Goes down smooth when I get a clean hit
Of the skunky, phunky, smelly green shit
Sing my song, puff all night long
As I take hits from the bong
Hits from the bong y’all

Hits from the bong
Gonna get high

Let’s smoke that bowl, hit the bong
And then take that finger off of that hole
Plug it, unplug it, don’t strain
I love you mary jane
She never complains
When I hit mary
With that flame I light up the cherry
She’s so good to me
When I pack a fresh bowl I clean the screen
Don’t get me stirred up
The smoke, through the bubbling water
Is makin’ it pure so I gotta take my hit and hold it
Just like chong
I get the bowl and I reload it
Get my four-footer and bring it on
As I take hits from the bong

Hits from the bong
Straighten your dick out
Gonna get high

Edited by - kathryn on 09/08/2005 05:04:26
Go to Top of Page

bazza
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1439 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2005 :  06:20:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fbc

"I'm sorry if, uh, anyone here is Catholic, uh. I'm not sorry if you are offended; I'm actually sorry just the fact that you're Catholic"

"I think they should install panic alarms in confession boxes."

She will be your living end.
Go to Top of Page

martian-honey
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
71 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2005 :  09:57:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My boyfriend does drugs and i dont like it, when people ask what my problem is i cant answer, to be honest i dont know! i geuss it shouldnt bother me, if anyone has any good advice to help me accept it then speak up!!!
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2005 :  09:58:16  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
which drugs?

quote:
"I think they should install panic alarms in confession boxes."

and all children must be accompanied by an adult.

Edited by - fbc on 09/08/2005 10:02:11
Go to Top of Page

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2005 :  10:13:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this thread's making me hungry

Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2005 :  10:19:29  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
what are twinkies?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000