The Cult of Ray (Bradbury)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aurora-borealis
- FB Fan -

Denmark
131 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2005 :  08:40:06  Show Profile  Click to see Aurora-borealis's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Am I a complete idiot or could the title of The Cult of Ray, in fact, be a reference to the Ray Bradbury? I mean, the overall theme of the album is, somewhat, of a Bradburyesque nature...

bumblebeeboy2
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2638 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2005 :  08:48:37  Show Profile  Click to see bumblebeeboy2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aurora-borealis

Am I a complete idiot or could the title of The Cult of Ray, in fact, be a reference to the Ray Bradbury? I mean, the overall theme of the album is, somewhat, of a Bradburyesque nature...

yes you're right. there's an fb quote some place about him going to a ray bradbury convention i think. i've only read farenheit, but would like to read more by him. any recommendations any one?

The Monkey Helper has arrived http://www.monkeyhelper.co.uk (that is my band)
or to go straight to the music downloads http://www.soundclick.com/bands/3/monkeyhelpermusic.htm
Go to Top of Page

ElevatorLady
= Cult of Ray =

385 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2005 :  10:46:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bumblebeeboy2
any recommendations any one?

The Martian Chronicles, obviously.

Perk
- FB Fan -

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2005 :  21:01:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a book of short stories that I like a lot.
Don't know what it was called ?

Don't sweat the petty things
and don't pet the sweaty things
Go to Top of Page

The Good Catholic
- FB Fan -

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2005 :  10:49:17  Show Profile  Visit The Good Catholic's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Something else about the Cult of Ray is that there's a religious group called the "Raelians" who believe that all humanity was created by aliens. One of their core beliefs is that the ancient hebrew concept "Elohim" which means "God" is actually a mistranslation that should mean "they who came from the sky." The Bradbury connection seems pretty well agreed upon, but I never seem to hear enough lip service about this idea.

Edited by - The Good Catholic on 01/03/2005 10:55:46
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2005 :  11:25:13  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cult of Ray is in fact referring to Mr. Bradbury.

"Join the Cult of Frank 2.0 / And you'll be enlightened (free for 1.x members)"
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2005 :  11:30:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good catholic isn't saying it's not about bradbury, just that it could be referencing other things as well.

thanks for the post mr. good catholic

ist es möglich für ein quesadilla skrotum zu lecken? beim sprechen der quesadillas von LBF, ja. ja in der tatheheheheheheehehee!
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2005 :  11:37:35  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My post was in response to the original question. I find the Raelian link interesting as well and wonder at a double meaning, but I'm pretty sure FB himself linked COR with Bradbury.

"Join the Cult of Frank 2.0 / And you'll be enlightened (free for 1.x members)"
Go to Top of Page

The Good Catholic
- FB Fan -

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2005 :  18:43:16  Show Profile  Visit The Good Catholic's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Floop. the idea of a double meaning is the thing I was trying to get at. I'm new to this posting thing.

Um, the Martian Chronicles are excellent.

"The Creature Crawling don't know when he'll arrive/ Don't know if creature is dead or alive/ All of God's creatures have the will to survive..."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000