Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Frank Black Making Noise
 Is there a Frank Black article database anywhere?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wills
- FB Fan -

5 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  14:47:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm looking for an interview I read in like 2001-ish, where he talks about living in LA and not having any allegiance to Boston. He also said something like, "Pixies will never reform unless I'm destitute." Anyone know where I might be able to find it? If not, I wonder if there are any other articles where he says similar stuff...

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  14:52:35  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We're working on one as we speak. The backend should be done in a few weeks and then it's a matter of Madame Dayna filling it up with all the good stuff. So, in short, not yet, but soon.

However, he has said something to the effect of not reforming the Pixies unless someone's dying or sick, or if they get to be the first band to play in space. Interestingly, they were the first band to be played on Mars, though it unfortunately wasn't live.

"Join the Cult of Frank 2.0 / And you'll be enlightened (free for 1.x members)"
Go to Top of Page

wills
- FB Fan -

5 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  15:01:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

However, he has said something to the effect of not reforming the Pixies unless someone's dying or sick, or if they get to be the first band to play in space.

Yeah, that sounds like the interview I'm talking about. Do you know where I could find it? Thanks a lot.

Go to Top of Page

wills
- FB Fan -

5 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  15:01:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and sorry about the double post... i just really need to find the article.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  15:10:39  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Haven't been able to find it.

Go to Top of Page

Aurora-borealis
- FB Fan -

Denmark
131 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  15:20:27  Show Profile  Click to see Aurora-borealis's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

...or if they get to be the first band to play in space. Interestingly, they were the first band to be played on Mars, though it unfortunately wasn't live.

Cult_Of_Frank, WTF? You're joking, right? If not, please explain!
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  15:21:02  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Mars lander had some problems initially with its firmware, so they transmitted some new firmware to it. Then, after resetting, they had to get the robot sync'd with home, and, given that the lander had basically lost its 'mind', they used Where Is My Mind to synchronize communications again. So, technically, Where Is My Mind is the first music ever played (by humans) on Mars.

Go to Top of Page

Aurora-borealis
- FB Fan -

Denmark
131 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  15:22:29  Show Profile  Click to see Aurora-borealis's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Wow, very cool info... Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4109 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  15:28:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never heard of that, itīs just wonderful that the Pixies were played on Mars!

i've never done good things
i've never done bad things
i never did anything out of the blue

Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2004 :  10:29:48  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wills

I'm looking for an interview I read in like 2001-ish, where he talks about living in LA and not having any allegiance to Boston. He also said something like, "Pixies will never reform unless I'm destitute." Anyone know where I might be able to find it? If not, I wonder if there are any other articles where he says similar stuff...

in lots of interviews said that he would never reform the pixies. check this thread:

http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=3120&whichpage=3

join the cult of errol\and you can have a beer\without having to quit smoking
Go to Top of Page

VoVat
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2004 :  10:34:03  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
The Mars lander had some problems initially with its firmware, so they transmitted some new firmware to it. Then, after resetting, they had to get the robot sync'd with home, and, given that the lander had basically lost its 'mind', they used Where Is My Mind to synchronize communications again. So, technically, Where Is My Mind is the first music ever played (by humans) on Mars.

"Lovely Day" or "Bird Dream Of The Olympus Mons" might have been a little more apropos for the planet, but that's still awfully cool.

"Signature quotes are so lame." --Nathan
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2004 :  10:48:01  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
here are some quotes about the reunion:

"It's never gonna happen,I can say that the day the Pixies do a reunion tour is the day after I'm dead."

"It just doesn't interest me,I've graduated from that particular class. It's like being asked if you want to go back to the 10th grade, and you're like, 'No, I'm in high school now.' "

"Sure there's a chance. Know any promoters that want to do a show on the moon?"

"I have resisted it for 10 years. It's easy to resist. I dont crave that particular adulation. I got people who adore me now. I have had that glory - I dont need to revisit it. I mean it would be good to be back with the band again... but it doesn't seem like the thing to do for me at this point. If I had to do it for financial reasons I would. We're more famous now than weve ever been. It kind of feels like we shouldn't touch it. If it's not broke - don't fix it."

"I don't think The Pixies will ever play together again as a band." (...)
"A reunion gig (...), it doesn't seem right or something. It seems wrong, so I would say probably we won't do that. I don't know, it just doesn't seem like the thing to do."

Go to Top of Page

dayanara
* Dog in the Sand *

Australia
1811 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2004 :  10:56:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess Frank finally realized that 10th grade IS in high school.

The stage divides us/He is on one side of it/I am far away - Frank haiku
Go to Top of Page

wills
- FB Fan -

5 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2004 :  13:00:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mun chien andalusia

here are some quotes about the reunion:

"It's never gonna happen,I can say that the day the Pixies do a reunion tour is the day after I'm dead."

"It just doesn't interest me,I've graduated from that particular class. It's like being asked if you want to go back to the 10th grade, and you're like, 'No, I'm in high school now.' "

"Sure there's a chance. Know any promoters that want to do a show on the moon?"

"I have resisted it for 10 years. It's easy to resist. I dont crave that particular adulation. I got people who adore me now. I have had that glory - I dont need to revisit it. I mean it would be good to be back with the band again... but it doesn't seem like the thing to do for me at this point. If I had to do it for financial reasons I would. We're more famous now than weve ever been. It kind of feels like we shouldn't touch it. If it's not broke - don't fix it."

"I don't think The Pixies will ever play together again as a band." (...)
"A reunion gig (...), it doesn't seem right or something. It seems wrong, so I would say probably we won't do that. I don't know, it just doesn't seem like the thing to do."

Do you have the sources of those quotes by any chance? Thanks for the help.
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2004 :  18:57:03  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
just check the thread. i've posted all the sources there. it's too long a thing to repeat...

Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6118 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2004 :  11:39:41  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
guided by voices was played on mars too

definately some indie fans at NASA

"I joined the cult of Jon Tiven/Bye!"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000