Frank Black's Monkey #1
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sonicspacealien
- FB Fan -

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2004 :  11:49:04  Show Profile  Visit sonicspacealien's Homepage  Reply with Quote
(Which is much better than monkey #2)

First time poster here... I was a big Pixies fan back in the day, but I am just getting back into Frank's music this past year (yeah, like 90% of the rest of America, I know)

Anyway, I run a little internet radio station -- Mansion On The Hill -- http://mansiononthehill.biz and I was shocked, but totally pleased to see that FBF's version of "Monkey Gone To Heaven" topped my listener poll of favorite songs (listeners can give "thumbs up" and "thumbs down") to tracks as they play. I normally retire songs after about a month of playing them, but this "monkey" is definitely getting a stay of execution.

Talk Soon,
Mark J.

http://mansiononthehill.biz - your home for internet radio

Rauck_stah
- FB Fan -

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2004 :  12:28:13  Show Profile  Visit Rauck_stah's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I read in an interview somewhere, that when he would do solo shows, people would constantly tell him to "play that monkey song."

Rauck Stah - The Man Who Is Too Loud
Go to Top of Page

VoVat
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2004 :  15:27:32  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
And then he would play "Pleasant Valley Sunday" or "Daydream Believer"?

"Signature quotes are so lame." --Nathan
Go to Top of Page

sonicspacealien
- FB Fan -

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2004 :  11:26:31  Show Profile  Visit sonicspacealien's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That is hilarious! I just started playing the Pixies Live at the BBC version of "that monkey song" and like it even better. Gotta love monkeys...

http://mansiononthehill.biz - your home for internet radio
Go to Top of Page

TRANSMARINE
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
2002 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2004 :  12:54:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw Frank and Catholics at the now-defunked Fabulous Foothill in Long Beach way back in '98, and during a song (I was right at front of stage...literally being rained on by Frank's sweat) a kid next to me kept waving a piece of paper in Frank's face. Upon quick inspection, I noticed it said Monkey In Heaven. I thought it was weird this kid would have the gall to literally wave a paper in a performer's face (while performing!), and I was a bit nervous about how Frank was gonna react after at least a minute of torment. Suddenly Frank stopped his performance dead in his tracks, waved his hand to kill the Catholics music, and announced to the little twerp, "We don't play THAT song!"...and without missing a beat, launched straight back into whatever the song was. A classic moment!

Catchin' blue in his eyes that were brown

-bRIAN
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000