Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 33

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2005 :  13:55:01  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
my baby's 6 months old? and still here. well i'll be damned

it all looks beautiful to me

Edited by - fbc on 06/04/2005 06:42:30
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2005 :  14:38:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2005 :  15:02:03  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote

it all looks beautiful to me
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2005 :  21:12:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
in 6 seconds I am listening to "Gouge Away" US Single Live, cranked up to 8 because the pictures fall off the walls at 11 (I'm on the home stereo hi-fi now and not the crappy computer CD...! [edit:Oh yeah, and I'm lovin EDF taking me to that higher place...everybody's at Heidi's, place to myself for a brief moment..]

Edited by - OldManInaCoffeeCan on 06/04/2005 21:15:29
Go to Top of Page

cassandra is
> Teenager of the Year <

France
4233 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2005 :  01:38:46  Show Profile  Visit cassandra is's Homepage  Reply with Quote
fazer eyes

pas de bras pas de chocolat
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2005 :  05:23:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

"Hermaphroditos" live from Nadine US single

Lovin it b/c it's live, loud, and long...In fact I'm drinking this entire CD (Los Angeles is coming on now) this morning as a strong cup of Frank (may have to play it a few times) to get me in the appropriate frame of mind...
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2005 :  05:55:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Yep, let's do it again, 'nother cup of Frank, Nadine US single with the live ones, hold the cream and sugar...
Go to Top of Page

cassandra is
> Teenager of the Year <

France
4233 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2005 :  06:30:33  Show Profile  Visit cassandra is's Homepage  Reply with Quote
czar

Go to Top of Page

cassandra is
> Teenager of the Year <

France
4233 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2005 :  23:52:12  Show Profile  Visit cassandra is's Homepage  Reply with Quote
big red

Go to Top of Page

Mass Pleeze
- FB Fan -

USA
153 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2005 :  10:49:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since the Wiltern Show, the only music I have been listening to is the Pixies.

Complete B Sides now - Baileys Walk and Make Believe now.
David sang lead once on 6/2 @ Wiltern and I think it was Make Believe. Frank's liner notes are funny for this song.

can you swing from a good rope? talk like doolittle?
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2005 :  14:47:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Mass Pleeze, gotta love the b-sides, Bailey's Walk - outstanding!

Prior to the Pixies Oct 6th show here in Nashville, I asked David if he was going to be singing Make Believe, he laughed and said that song was definitely not on the setlist. He was surprised that I knew that was his song. I've got it on the Complete B-Sides and on the original "Velouria" b-sides along with "I've been Waiting for You" and "The Thing". I never realized it was about his thing for Debbie Gibson, one of the original Mall Girls of the 1980's, until I read the liner notes from the Complete B-Sides. His vocals are really pretty good on this one.

I'm listening to DITS here at work, St. Francis is currently playing. Great song, sad story.
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2005 :  14:59:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fuck it, I've done all the work I'm going to do today, except, I'm now working on a 6-pack of Michelob AmberBock, 1 down, 5 to go.

"Robert Onion", Gosh, I love this song...great hypnotic intro...drum roll...guitars...The Man's vocals!..."Every siren has her spot, yeah"...

Hey did anyone see the "Shriek" movie, you know the animated movie about the Ogre, well, there's a part where Shriek tells the Donkey (Eddie Murphy) that Ogres are like Onions, they have lots of layers...I always thought this would be a most appropriate title song for the movie soundtrack, you know,..."layers and layers...(x12)"...I don't know who is in charge of selling The Man's songs for movie soundtracks, but they dropped the ball on this one, in my opinion, that would have been a no-brainer, it would have sold itself...Oh well, that's not my job, man.

Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2005 :  15:22:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"If it takes all night"...As a former teamster/truck driver, local 282, NYC, this song holds a special place in my heart...the brotherhood of truckers is worldwide, whether it be New York or France, same damn difference..."I say truckstop living, Well it suits me fine" Amen, Brother Frank...
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2005 :  15:44:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[Warning the following post contains adult content. And, I posted this same joke previously, but I thougt it to be apropos now, as well, i.e., I'm listening to "Down in the Hole" now and I couldn't comment on this song any better than I've already done, ergo, a little copy and paste on my part]

"Down in the Hole"

I was reminded of an old joke (Why does a Dog lick his balls [sorry for the adult content] when my wife asked me while listening to this song, "why does he sing like that"...and the punchline/only response is..."because he can"...

Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2005 :  15:58:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"I'm Going Down"...The Man doing The Boss...it doesn't get any better than this!

P.S. I'm clocking out of this sweatbox, the coffee is getting weak, the beer has all been drunk, and they'll get no more blood from this indebted servant...fuck 'em where they breath!...
Go to Top of Page

tobafett
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1713 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2005 :  16:05:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OldManInaCoffeeCan

"Hermaphroditos" live from Nadine US single

Lovin it b/c it's live, loud, and long...In fact I'm drinking this entire CD (Los Angeles is coming on now) this morning as a strong cup of Frank (may have to play it a few times) to get me in the appropriate frame of mind...

nadine single--ain't it great!!!
my fave Gouge short of Kim playin' it...I sing her parts when I listen to this one...i totally love the organ intro.

Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2005 :  16:33:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fuckin' Aye, tobafett, I'm feeling you dawg (stole that one from Randy Jackson on American Idol)..."Gouge Away"...that son of a bitch, Eric Drew Felman, WILL take you to a higher place with his keyboards (didn't want to use the word "organ", too many puns for my liking) on this one...back in 1989, I had a great idea for a visual on the back of my leather biker jacket, "a dagger, half way into some bleeding eyeballs with the phrase "Gouge Away" dripping in blood...not bad, huh!
Go to Top of Page

tobafett
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1713 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2005 :  17:07:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dig, Oldman, I dig!
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2005 :  18:13:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2005 :  00:11:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Changing of the Guard"

...Sixteen years, SIXTEEN YEARS....over the fields, OVER THE FIELDS,
Desperate men, DESPERARTE MEN,...Fortune calls, FORTUNE CALLS, to the marketplace, THE MARKETPLACE, my last deal gone down, MY LAST DEAL GONE DOWN,...The cold-blooded moon, THE COLD-BLOODED MOON, Sending his thoughts, SENDING HIS THOUGHTS, They shaved her head, THEY SHAVED HER HEAD, A messenger arrived, A MESSENGER ARRIVED, I stumbled to my feet, I STUMBLED TO MY FEET, Renegade priests, RENEGADE PRIESTS, The palace of mirrors, THE PALACE OF MIRRORS (i thought this was the palace of muse), The endless road, THE ENDLESS ROAD, She wakes him up, SHE WAKES HIM UP, She's begging to know, BEGGING TO KNOW,Gentlemen, he said, GENTLEMEN, HE SAID,I've shined your shoes, I'VE SHINED YOUR SHOES, But Eden is burning, EDEN IS BURNING, Peace will come, PEACE WILL COME,...[or atleast that's the way I sing the backup vocals...

Go to Top of Page

cassandra is
> Teenager of the Year <

France
4233 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2005 :  00:40:00  Show Profile  Visit cassandra is's Homepage  Reply with Quote
places named after numbers

Go to Top of Page

frank black conspiracy
~ Abstract Brain ~

1126 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2005 :  02:21:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I"M SORRY OldManInaCoffeeCan.

YOU"VE SEEMED TO HAVE REACHED YOUR SONG POST LIMIT FOR THE MONTH
Go to Top of Page

cassandra is
> Teenager of the Year <

France
4233 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2005 :  03:48:00  Show Profile  Visit cassandra is's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Valentine & Garuda

Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2005 :  05:29:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Gosh Darn it, that blows...was it the "Changing of the Guard" that sent me over the top, or perhaps I became a little too risque in my statements of "why I'm lovin' it"? Oh well, I guess I'll have to be a little more frugal and selective with my post here, OUR OMNIPOTENT AND OMNIPRESENT THREAD MASTER!

[by the way, has this ever happened here before, i.e., is there a precedent for this type of situation, or am I the only son of a bitch that you've singled out to make an example of?...oh well, I've said too much, please forgive me OMNISTUPID THREAD MASTER...you're the man and this IS your thread!]

See ya next Month, or sooner if I can get away with it...

Go to Top of Page

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2005 :  05:36:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jane, queen of love. Loud. Again.

I still believe in the excellent joy of the Catholics
Go to Top of Page

tobafett
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1713 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2005 :  08:44:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
everthing is new.

uh-huh.
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2005 :  16:19:30  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sorry bout that, rich. think it was just a glitch in the thread
i guess it's never seen so many posts in such a short space of time and freaked
personally i was lovin' it. Changing of the Guards i love more.
Omnistupid thread master.
flattery gets you everywhere.

Access Granted: now post me your favourite fb song if you can
(please)
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2005 :  17:51:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Damn boy, you had me worried there for a minute...I was actually going through a little bit of withdrawals today, thought about ways to circumvent my monthly limit...looked in the phone book for "What Frank Black Song You Listening To Right Now?" Anonymous meetings to attend...but, I didn't take any of it personally Guitar Man, I mean a monthly limit IS a monthly limit, there's not much getting around that...

Now, if you had said, "Hey asshole, your posts are becoming quite annoying, get the fuck out of here and don't come back!", now, that would have hurt my feelings, but it wasn't that at all, it was that stifling Monthly Limit.

I did enjoy calling you OMNISTUPID THREAD MASTER, though!

Go to Top of Page

Mass Pleeze
- FB Fan -

USA
153 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2005 :  19:16:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Isla de Encanta

Old Man,
Good comments about b sides.
Mi voy

There's a line that reminds me of one of your posts.
"little eiffel stands in the archway / keeping low doesn't make no-sense!"

can you swing from a good rope? building jumper
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2005 :  21:44:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

"Alec Eiffel"

Hey Mass Pleeze, now that's a great line..."little eiffel stands in the archway / keeping low doesn't make no-sense!"...and, thanks for the compliment concerning one of my posts (did ya hear that OMNISTUPID THREAD MASTER (ha!)...if I was more computer savvy and could figure out such things, that would be a helluva signature quote for me...

Go to Top of Page

Mass Pleeze
- FB Fan -

USA
153 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2005 :  22:59:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OMIACCan,

That was funny as hell man. The big OS threadmaster.
Happily he has a good sense of huhmor.

To add a sig just click edit profile.
Sig field is all the way down to the left.
Type it in and click the enable box and the sig will be there.

can you swing from a good rope? building jumper
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  04:59:51  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mass Pleeze

That was funny as hell man. The big OS threadmaster.
Happily he has a good sense of humour.

happily and luckily for the Can.

or i would have made him update his Song Account to a PRO account which i charge at $2 a song
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  05:01:07  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"Alec Eiffel"

sometimes people can be oh so dense
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  05:11:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah, Mass Pleeze, OMNISTUPID THREADMASTER does have a good sense of humor, and, he and I go way back. However, he is a little anal-retentive, especially when someone's passion and spontaneity fucks with his sense of order and control (ha!).

A word to the wise, always include a Frank song that you're listening to when you post here. An angry OS THREADMASTER is not a pretty picture nor a pleasant experience.

"Stupid Me"
Why I'm lovin it? I don't know, it's just how some people make me feel sometimes...

EDIT: [by the way, and for the official record, OMNISTUPID THREADMASTER and fbc are not one and the same person, in fact I was unacquainted with the ThreadMaster (it is fbc and I that go way back) until I reached my Monthly Limit the other day. But everything's cool now with Me and The OS TM, I've been granted access to this thread notwithstanding having reached my stifling monthly limit, however, an invoice for $2 per post will not be unexpected]

Edited by - OldManInaCoffeeCan on 06/10/2005 06:44:10
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  09:04:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Calistan" from some live show, thanks to my boy fbc!

The Duke of Fender is really "pedal-steelin' it" all over the place on this one...

"I put down my blanket on Cigarette Butt Beach
I saw the old man, he was doing OK
He's making his last stand
On old bottles and cans
'Round there, Calistan way"

I hope that's not some foreshadowing by The Man of where I'm going to end up in the not too distant future, and if it turns out to be accurate I sure hope the hell they raise the cash deposit/cash-in value on old bottles and cans above the present amount of $.05
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000