New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

George42
- FB Fan -

USA
188 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  10:10:44  Show Profile
seattle's first really alternative radio station (The End, 107.7 FM) recently has gone back to playing really good alternative music of the late 80s/early 90s. up until this point, they had turned into just another station playing limp biskit, good charlotte, three doors down crap you hear everywhere. but the station has since gone back to their roots, which include playing the Pixies. i heard 'veloria' over the weekend and could not stop smiling. finally!

DeBased
- FB Fan -

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  22:49:39  Show Profile
I was ecstatic when the end reformatted. You know that its in response to the new alternative radio station in town thats playing a lot of 80's, etc. I am thoroughly enjoying listening to the new end...but its funny what they will and will not play. I sent them an email one night during the request slot asking for Isla De Encanta (live a little you know!)...and they played Here Comes Your Man! The DJ presented it like it was in response to my request. It is like there is a law about what songs you can and can't play on the radio. Anyway, I'm hoping the Pixies won't get too much more hype until I get the chance to see them live first (selfish as I am). So thrilled about the end! Music has returned to Seattle!

the method...of stop tap spin, no talkin'...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000