Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Frank Black -- Live!
 Dec 01st Shepherds Bush Empire - Set List?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Retro Man
- FB Fan -

2 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2003 :  16:36:55  Show Profile
Just got back from the gig - and what a great night!
I must admit I have not heard much Frank Black stuff since the "Dog in the Sand" album - so quite a few songs were new to me.

Did anyone take note of the set-list? If so can someone post it here as there were a few gems in there that I hadn't heard before.

Thanks!

bakert
- FB Fan -

2 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2003 :  17:07:49  Show Profile  Visit bakert's Homepage
Random jottings on what was played:

Massif Centrale (opener)
Monkey Gone to Heaven
Robert Onion
Where Is My Mind?
When Will Happiness Find Me Again?
Hemaphroditos
Abstract Plain
Headache
Holiday Song (different version of)
Nadine (towards the end)
Horrible Day
Freedom Rock (part of encore)
Bullet

and more .. they played loads of songs barely pausing for applause. good gig - respect to people on level one who were dancing not sitting - i'm the man who bought you all drinks!
Go to Top of Page

bakert
- FB Fan -

2 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2003 :  17:11:44  Show Profile  Visit bakert's Homepage
mentalist. of course i mean 'Nimrod's Son' and not 'Holiday Song'.
Go to Top of Page

misleadtheworld
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2003 :  19:51:53  Show Profile  Visit misleadtheworld's Homepage
im crap at remembering set lists. i remember caribou and cactus though. no wait, was cactus played? i seem to remember it. cold heart of stone was the last song. whiskey in your shoes. velvety. six sixty six. how you went so far. the black rider. goodbye lorraine. new house of the pope. i need peace. none from self-titled (orange/yellow/green/whatever) or CoR. thats all i can remember so far.

damn i love rich gilbert. i briefly spoke to him and shook his hand a few times just as he finished and afterwards. his dancing is so cool! in a quirky 'i'll never do that but im happy to watch' way. he and dave phillips signed my black letter days cd booklet and my ticket. i had hoped to get frank to sign a vinyl cover for me but he didnt come out afterwards. shame really. i did try and ask the empire guys to see him but alas i did not have a golden (well green) special ticket. apparently im not friend or family! ah nevermind. half way through a song frank lost his g string. i dont know if anyone noticed. he played on mind you, what else could he do?

"Joan my Clerk of Trompe / And You'll be chick-a-be enlightened"

Edited by - misleadtheworld on 12/01/2003 19:52:50
Go to Top of Page

Apesy
= Cult of Ray =

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2003 :  20:42:28  Show Profile  Visit Apesy's Homepage
Is it just me, or are the setlists getting kind of pedestrian? There doesn't seem to be much variety anymore.

-=Apesy
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3422 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2003 :  01:23:35  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage
was a great show - maybe a little better than the astoria show.
great sound and not too loud at all.
they played for 1hr45mins with a 3 song encore.
frank said not a word until midset when he introduced the band, but he did smile a fair bit.
they obviously had no setlist, with pretty much every song beginning with frank facing scott for the opening few chords.
Go to Top of Page

Scarla O
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
947 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2003 :  01:24:29  Show Profile  Visit Scarla O's Homepage

Well i stopped checking the setlists as i felt it was taking something away from the show, however the two london gigs were very different.
Go to Top of Page

True Blue
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2003 :  04:16:01  Show Profile  Visit True Blue's Homepage
Yeah don't think that's right...

The Sheperd's Bush gig was basically the same set as the Astoria this year, one or two more Pixies tunes (Where is My Mind & Nimrod's Son) and a couple more tunes off SMYT (Goodbye Lorraine, This Old Heartache). Again, nothing off first solo album or from Cult or Pistolero. Exact same break into softer set towards the end with Farewell Bend etc. I haven't seen what was played on the European set lists since the Astoria gig, but it would have been good if they had noted what they had played on the last visit and varied it a lot more. Don't mean to be critical, but variety is the spice of life!

All in all tho, the best show I've seen from them, but still no Manitoba - damn it! Maybe next time around....
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2003 :  06:01:08  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
there was no variety at all in this tour
although the sequence was always different
and that can make or break a show, believe me.
the two shows I've seen were on two nights in a row
and they were very different, altough the set was almost the same

"I joined the Culf of Frank/ And now I do not know what...to do"
Go to Top of Page

gary13th
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
632 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2003 :  06:32:54  Show Profile  Visit gary13th's Homepage  Click to see gary13th's MSN Messenger address
i managed to see the Edinburgh and Sheffield gigs, there were some songs that were played on both nights and there were songs that were only played on one or the other. I havent seen Frank and the boys live since the pistolero tour, i didnt mind if i heard the same song twice in 2 weeks.

----------
They are about, dressed to deceive, architect David Vincent
Go to Top of Page

junkmale
- FB Fan -

79 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2003 :  14:23:36  Show Profile
They did different version of Nimrod's Son at Shepherd's Bush. At the Botanique they played half of it slowed down, then went back to the faster, original version (just thought you'd like to know that!). I think it's a shame Frank shaved off his beard...
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2003 :  14:48:22  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
no way
the beard looked
awfull

Go to Top of Page

misleadtheworld
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2003 :  15:37:46  Show Profile  Visit misleadtheworld's Homepage
was scott absent for the whole tour? this has been discussed and would affect setlists surely. replacement drummer learning *all* songs is not going to happen.

"Joan my Clerk of Trompe / And You'll be chick-a-be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2003 :  08:38:09  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
no no, just the first 10 or 15 shows

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000