Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 General Frank Black Chat
 A Question For HARRIS or FRANK...please answer)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

IS
- FB Fan -

Canada
49 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2003 :  07:32:12  Show Profile  Visit IS's Homepage
I was just wondering, will the catholics ever make it to the east coast of Canada? Like say...Halifax? I asked someone, I can't remember who, at an Ottawa show in 99, might've been Scott, maybe Dave. But anyway, they said Chuck would love to get out to this region sometime, or I believe they said, "Do an entire 'cross Canada' type thing..." Now I understand that that may not be entirely feasible, but I think it'd be cool if you guys came out here! I believe a friend of a friend of mine is responsible for booking bands for the Halifax Pop Festival here and they contacted you, and apparantly Frank would've loved to have come, but couldn't cause of scheduling conflicts, but I'm teling you, if you came out here, I guarantee you'd have a massive turn out!! The music scene here in Halifax right now is HUGE and I think you'd make a great impact...anyway, that's my 2 cents..please get back to me...Oh yeah, Scott, I'm the guy you told in Ottawa that you'd break my camera if I took a picture of you...you scared me, but then you later cleared it up by saying you were joking...so..cool, but I was petrified...

Jeremy

IS
- FB Fan -

Canada
49 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2003 :  10:34:21  Show Profile  Visit IS's Homepage
What do you think the odds are that either of these guys will actually answer this post?
Go to Top of Page

St. Francis
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
548 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2003 :  16:47:50  Show Profile
0.5-1%... guess it depends if an imposter comes back onto the site... why don't you just see them on Boston or Vermont?
Know it would suck to drive that far (US dollars too) but believe me it's worth it.

Agreed though... Halifax has a great scene... would be a great place for him to visit.

Brothers be on my jock 'cause the way I hold a piece of steel...
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2003 :  07:22:40  Show Profile
doesn't hurt to ask. i think it would be great if frank would do a cross canada tour. i'd love to see him in winnipeg. and so would a lot of my friends. went up to minneapolis for the cult of ray tour with a group of 10 people from winnipeg. amazing show! the sound quality was superb. during the encore my buddy was jumped by a roid infested bouncer and punched in the head a few times. his face was pretty bloody, but seeing frank that night quickly changed his sombre mood back to jovial. good times.
also saw frank and the catholics in chicago with my brother. another great show.
Go to Top of Page

jeremyw
- FB Fan -

Canada
16 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2003 :  11:09:26  Show Profile
I didn't know there were any other dedicated Frank Black fans in this city! I, too, am extremely jazzed about the upcoming show. When I read the tour itinerary a few days ago, I had prepared myself for another disappointment; I was just hoping a Minneapolis or Fargo show wouldn't fall in the middle of final exams! I read in the Free Press that the show will be at the West End, which is good news IMO.

BTW, hello all, this is my first post to the forum. I have known of its existence since its exception, but since I don't think I can handle the volume and the potential for addiction, I've always resisted posting. (I generally get my FB fill from the AbstractPlain.) I felt I had to try to connect with a fellow denizen of the 'peg, though.

Make music, not war.

quote:
Originally posted by fumanbru

doesn't hurt to ask. i think it would be great if frank would do a cross canada tour. i'd love to see him in winnipeg. and so would a lot of my friends. went up to minneapolis for the cult of ray tour with a group of 10 people from winnipeg. amazing show! the sound quality was superb. during the encore my buddy was jumped by a roid infested bouncer and punched in the head a few times. his face was pretty bloody, but seeing frank that night quickly changed his sombre mood back to jovial. good times.
also saw frank and the catholics in chicago with my brother. another great show.

Jeremy
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2003 :  18:18:46  Show Profile
great to hear from you jeremy. lots of frank fans in the peg. the shows gonna rock! friday night. me and my bro are even thinking about heading to regina on saturday and seeing the band play again. i'm just doing my basement and putting in a pong table. you think frank and the band would swing buy for a few pops?
(yes you're right. i was also hesitant to post at first- it is addicting. but post and he will come.)
Go to Top of Page

jeremyw
- FB Fan -

Canada
16 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2003 :  09:35:42  Show Profile
April 2 is a Wednesday. I'm actually considering the Regina show as well. Regarding your basement, I say if you have the chance, invite the guys over. (And me too.) The worse thing that can happen is they say no. (Well, I suppose there are infinitely many terrible things that COULD happen, but most would be extremely unlikely. ;)

Jeremy
Go to Top of Page

harris
- catholic -

39 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2003 :  22:21:00  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by IS

I was just wondering, will the catholics ever make it to the east coast of Canada? Like say...Halifax? I asked someone, I can't remember who, at an Ottawa show in 99, might've been Scott, maybe Dave. But anyway, they said Chuck would love to get out to this region sometime, or I believe they said, "Do an entire 'cross Canada' type thing..." Now I understand that that may not be entirely feasible, but I think it'd be cool if you guys came out here! I believe a friend of a friend of mine is responsible for booking bands for the Halifax Pop Festival here and they contacted you, and apparantly Frank would've loved to have come, but couldn't cause of scheduling conflicts, but I'm teling you, if you came out here, I guarantee you'd have a massive turn out!! The music scene here in Halifax right now is HUGE and I think you'd make a great impact...anyway, that's my 2 cents..please get back to me...Oh yeah, Scott, I'm the guy you told in Ottawa that you'd break my camera if I took a picture of you...you scared me, but then you later cleared it up by saying you were joking...so..cool, but I was petrified...

Jeremy

yes, scheduling problems kept us from your fair part of canada. maybe one day we will make it there. in the meantime, we are all very much looking forward to the western provinces.
Go to Top of Page

johndietzel
= Cult of Ray =

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
464 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2003 :  20:48:22  Show Profile  Visit johndietzel's Homepage
quote:
IS Posted - 01/14/2003 : 10:34:21
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think the odds are that either of these guys will actually answer this post
quote:
Originally posted by St. Francis

0.5-1%... guess it depends if an imposter comes back onto the site
St. Franics--Harris to win, Frank to show.

----------------------
I was sexually abused during regression hypnotherapy.
Go to Top of Page

St. Francis
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
548 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2003 :  16:34:38  Show Profile
Shocked to see the response Mr. Dietzal... what can I say? I'm eating my words...

Generally, I would like to say thanks, Scott, for all your participation it really adds to the site. Good to know the East Coast is somehow in the master tour plans. I am sure fans in that part of the country appreciate knowing it's only a matter of sooner or later and I can guarantee you will never meet nicer people.

That's Better... It's about time I changed my signature

Edited by - St. Francis on 02/11/2003 16:41:40
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000