Page: of 3

ShakeyShake
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1058 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  10:32:40  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by lindsayno

i like your creative spelling, shakeyshake.

Forgive me for being lost...

"I joined the Cult of Frank / 28:06:42:12"
Go to Top of Page

TheCroutonFuton
- Mr. Setlists -

USA
1728 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  13:50:37  Show Profile  Visit TheCroutonFuton's Homepage
I think she means "paedophilles" hehe

I thought it was spelled pedophile...so when I saw this I thought I was wrong. Then I looked up the spelling and was right! Craziness, haha.

"Join the Cult of Gunn / And Then You'll Be Destined to be a Rock and Roll Star of Epical Proportions!"
Go to Top of Page

TRANSMARINE
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
2002 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  15:46:18  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by ShakeyShake

quote:
Originally posted by TheCroutonFuton

Yeah...and with the amount of women who lie about being raped/molested...etc...I think there would be too many innocent 1-testicled men walking around..

And that's what the justice system's there for,to distinguish the innocent from the guilty

...and boy, doesn't that justice system just work great!!!
"I joined the Cult of Frank / 28:06:42:12"

Catchin' blue in his eyes that were brown

-bRIAN
Go to Top of Page

TRANSMARINE
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
2002 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  15:54:26  Show Profile
[quote]Originally posted by TheCroutonFuton

There should just be a button somewhere:

"Press To Eliminate All Murderers, Sexual Offenders, And Anyone Else Who Doesn't Deserve To Walk This Earth"

Okay, now I'm NOT DEFENDING these people in anyway, but our race MUST have these individuals in order to survive. Think about it. It's built-in population control. We need murderers to keep numbers in order. We need sex offenders for educational purposes. Gays help keep babies from popping up! AIDS is like any plague that has hit the planet from time to time...it's a built-in mechanism designed in the make-up of the planet: to keep the levels balanced. Now that cloning is right around the corner, Crouton, your button is almost a reality. That's it. Pure and simple.

-bRIAN
Go to Top of Page

Adnan_le_Terrible
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1973 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  16:10:56  Show Profile  Visit Adnan_le_Terrible's Homepage
Transmarine, your post is one of the stupidest things I have ever read.

Have some wine, please, don't run away.
Go to Top of Page

TheCroutonFuton
- Mr. Setlists -

USA
1728 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  16:14:18  Show Profile  Visit TheCroutonFuton's Homepage
Adnan...I totally agree.

"Join the Cult of Gunn / And Then You'll Be Destined to be a Rock and Roll Star of Epical Proportions!"
Go to Top of Page

GypsyDeath
Zapped Profile

3575 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  17:04:52  Show Profile  Visit GypsyDeath's Homepage
No, I think transmarine has some good points.

I mean, we are all here for a reason. Even them. Not always good reasons, or something that should be encouraged or anythng..its not like hes saying 'well these guys/girls exist for xyz reason, so lets just let them walk around'

Hes just saying this world is made up of many different people and personalites and types.

And yeah, probably in a few years well have this oh so perfect society, where we are all the same, and all perfect civillians.

I dont know, I dont agree with transmarine, but i dont disagree. if that makes sense. probably not.

Im tired.

Boys go to Jupiter, Get more stupider,
Girls go to Mars, Become rock stars

Wanna fuck and fight in the basement?
Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  18:11:33  Show Profile
If you think we need murderers, rapists, and terminal illness in order to preserve diversity, you're too far gone to reason with.
Go to Top of Page

TRANSMARINE
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
2002 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  18:56:46  Show Profile
HAHAHA!!!! You have ALL missed my point! I have made a completely black and white evaluation of perspective on the issue. There is no compassion or dissagreement to the subject. It's objective. I'm not saying it's fun to have these people around, I'm saying it's existed throughout time and has been something that our race has CO-existed with. How can you think that's wrong or stupid when it's a fact? The only way to erradicate it is by being able to control a human gene, which is the point I was making about Crouton's fantasy-button. With the idea and testing of cloning, these things WILL be curbed. BUT let me ask you this...with ALL these abnormal increments of society erased, where will we all fit?

-bRIAN
Go to Top of Page

TheCroutonFuton
- Mr. Setlists -

USA
1728 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  19:06:51  Show Profile  Visit TheCroutonFuton's Homepage
I'm sorry..but what you said first was "but our race MUST have these individuals in order to survive."

That's totally different than your last statement so I don't think you can call us irrational...

Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  19:28:36  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
Conflict makes the world go round. A world without conflict is a fucking dull world. Think about it.

"Join the Cult of Brit / And let your oral hygiene go out the window."
Go to Top of Page

TheCroutonFuton
- Mr. Setlists -

USA
1728 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  20:49:40  Show Profile  Visit TheCroutonFuton's Homepage
Yeah...but not as miserable.

Go to Top of Page

glacial906
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  21:21:57  Show Profile
This reminds me of Arthur C. Clarke's "Childhood's End." In this book, a race of alien beings come to earth and, without using any force whatsoever, take control of the planet. Their huge ships can't be damaged, and one is poised over every major city on earth. No international wars are allowed by the aliens, who call themselves the "overlords." The only time they interfere is when someone commits a crime, or a country decides to attack it's neighbor or something. And, the result is that no country has any need to fear any other, because they are all prohibited from violent action by their new masters. This ensues for about 50 years, and the human race simply indulges in their own pleasures and interests, and overall they lose their sense of ambition, adventure, and risk. Something is lost, even though this new world of theirs more closely resembles what people imagine Utopia to be like for as long as humans have strived for a better world. It is an interesting concept...
Go to Top of Page

IceCream
= Quote Accumulator =

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  21:58:02  Show Profile  Visit IceCream's Homepage
quote:
This reminds me of Arthur C. Clarke's "Childhood's End."
This reminds me of the song "Childhood's End" by Pink Floyd from the 1972 album Obscured by Clouds. Though I don't listen to PF nearly as much as I used to, I think that they have a bunch of excellent songs well worth listening to, even on some of the albums without Barrett. No one seems to talk about Obscured By Clouds; it's kind of sandwhiched in between Meddle and DSOTM, two of their most acclaimed albums by fans and critics alike. But I DID read a review of it by George Starostin that I expressed exactly my thoughts, so it's good to know I'm not alone. Atom Heart Mother is a great album, too; I love Ron Geesin's contributions.

Anyway, to keep this from being 100% off-topic, the left testicle being removed...why not have both testicles removed? They don't need to be warned. Pedophiles should not be given a second chance. Once is too many. This harsh punishment is, imo, not even harsh enough.

Join the Cult of Pi - It's just 3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510582097....
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  22:48:19  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by TRANSMARINE

There should just be a button somewhere:

"Press To Eliminate All Murderers, Sexual Offenders, And Anyone Else Who Doesn't Deserve To Walk This Earth"

Okay, now I'm NOT DEFENDING these people in anyway, but our race MUST have these individuals in order to survive. Think about it. It's built-in population control. We need murderers to keep numbers in order. We need sex offenders for educational purposes. Gays help keep babies from popping up! AIDS is like any plague that has hit the planet from time to time...it's a built-in mechanism designed in the make-up of the planet: to keep the levels balanced. Now that cloning is right around the corner, Crouton, your button is almost a reality. That's it. Pure and simple.

-bRIAN

cynical but true.the human race is expanding like a cancer destroying everything that surrounds it(we are almost 6 billion and growing, consuming every natural resource we can put our hands on and destroying the rest).there must be some kind of control.maybe hard to accept from a human point of view but in planetary scale humans aren't superior to mice or insects.they are just another parameter to balance.
apart from that,weird people and psychos have always been a part of society.no possible punishment can eliminate them(not even genetic engineering).it's plain statistic.like in whatever production chain,in 1000 human beings a percentage is no good or defected.you can accept it or not but that's a fact and it will not change.

join the cult of errol\and you can have a beer\without having to quit smoking
Go to Top of Page

Newo
~ Abstract Brain ~

Spain
2673 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  02:10:29  Show Profile  Click to see Newo's MSN Messenger address
Human beings are neither better nor worse than anything else around. We're all just energy vibrating ultraslow, and energy is neither ositive nor negative, it just is.

--
"You one of those right wing nut outfits?" inquired the diplomatic Metzger.
Fallopian twinkled. "They accuse us of being paranoids."
"They?" inquired Metzger, twinkling also.
"Us?" asked Oedipa.
Go to Top of Page

Newo
~ Abstract Brain ~

Spain
2673 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  02:16:44  Show Profile  Click to see Newo's MSN Messenger address
Gimme a 'p'

--
"Us?" asked Oedipa.
Go to Top of Page

Adnan_le_Terrible
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1973 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  03:08:14  Show Profile  Visit Adnan_le_Terrible's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by GypsyDeath

I mean, we are all here for a reason. Even them. Not always good reasons, or something that should be encouraged or anythng..its not like hes saying 'well these guys/girls exist for xyz reason, so lets just let them walk around'

Hes just saying this world is made up of many different people and personalites and types.

And yeah, probably in a few years well have this oh so perfect society, where we are all the same, and all perfect civillians.

I dont know, I dont agree with transmarine, but i dont disagree. if that makes sense. probably not.

Im tired.

What makes you think we are here for a reason?

Go to Top of Page

Adnan_le_Terrible
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1973 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  03:15:34  Show Profile  Visit Adnan_le_Terrible's Homepage
I am reading your posts, everybody, and wondering if they teach you philosophy in your home countries...I guess not (and I am being very French right now, sorry).

However, let me close my contribution to this topic by saying that removing testicles to paedophiles is cruel, dangerous, pointless, grotesque and if France voted that kind of law, I would probably go and live somewhere else although I am neither a paedophile nor a rapist.

Go to Top of Page

TRANSMARINE
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
2002 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  03:18:48  Show Profile

I'm sorry..but what you said first was "but our race MUST have these individuals in order to survive."

That's totally different than your last statement so I don't think you can call us irrational...

That is exactly what I said. We MUST have them! And where did I state 'irrational'?

Crouton, reread and think about it. It's a logical conundrum. What goes around comes around. Nobody wants an abject from the norm, but without abstraction there is no linear. Would you rather have a normal cycle of life, or a governmented determination of life expectancy? In simpler terms, without an ecological checks-and-balances system, we would never be here discussing this. Get it?
Would you rather have a pre-determined age limit? Would you rather be told by a government that when you turn, let's say 21, that you must turn yourself in to a euthenasia office? Or would you rather take your chances in a world of murderers and perverts? I'll take the latter, thank you, because I believe in OBJECTIVITY. Again, you must separate the 'moralistic' from the 'realistic'. It's a checks-and-balances world we live in. It's economics. And economics are a form of ecology. And ecology is our structure as living beings. So deal with the fact that your fellow humans are flawed, and you'll find it's a lot easier to THINK.

Again, this expression is not meant to seem belligerent OR compassionate towards individuals who commit crimes, or to anger people on this website. It's just a black and white process I've found to make MY life easier to be content with in a debatable and contradictory world.

-bRIAN
Go to Top of Page

Adnan_le_Terrible
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1973 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  03:20:58  Show Profile  Visit Adnan_le_Terrible's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by El Barto

Conflict makes the world go round. A world without conflict is a fucking dull world. Think about it.

It depends on what you call a conflict. When I make an inappropriate joke about GoddessTheory on this forum, that's a funny conflict. When a political leader decides to kill 6 million people, that's not so funny. Although I laughed at Lolita, which is one of my favorite books, I don't consider paedophiles as a solution to the world's dullness.

Go to Top of Page

TheCroutonFuton
- Mr. Setlists -

USA
1728 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  03:29:01  Show Profile  Visit TheCroutonFuton's Homepage
Yes. I don't care how "interesting" war and violence makes the world...it's still evil.

Go to Top of Page

Newo
~ Abstract Brain ~

Spain
2673 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  03:35:39  Show Profile  Click to see Newo's MSN Messenger address
They don't teach philosophy in schools in my country no, that's always something I've thought was cool about France. I have a degree in philosophy, though I was disappointed to find it wasn't any less dogmatic than any other university course: basically we had to spend the years inserting large chunks of information into our heads and show up for two weeks each May and regurgitate each chunk verbatim (sample question: What are Plato's three types of knowledge in Theatetus? - always 'What are?' or 'Name...', never 'Discuss', which is so ironic it hurts me to type this), add to that you forget most of it upon graduation, so it felt to me more like I was borrowing the information. That said, I was grateful for the use of an amazing library throughout, and all of my own research has stuck with me.

I'm off to market now before it shuts, I'll get back on topic after.

--
"Us?" asked Oedipa.
Go to Top of Page

Adnan_le_Terrible
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1973 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  03:39:37  Show Profile  Visit Adnan_le_Terrible's Homepage
Transmarine, I'm sorry but each time you post something, I wonder if you're a pale idiot or you just don't think seriously about what you write.

Let me quote some of your brilliant sentences, that I will call Brianisms :

"I believe in objectivity"

"our race must have paedophiles in order to survive"

"It's a checks-and-balances world we live in. It's economics. And economics are a form of ecology. And ecology is our structure as living beings."

"how can you think that's wrong or stupid when it's a fact?"

"We need sex offenders for educational purposes"

Did it ever occur to you that if you want to decrease the Earth population, you can ALSO decrease the birth rate?

Do you think everything that exists in the world is like that because it couldn't be different?

Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  03:57:30  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address
i think i get transmarine's point.don't call him stupid just because he's talking about a natural life against a programed\clean cut society.maybe his points are brought to an extreme (for arguments sake i suppose)but they are still valid

Go to Top of Page

TRANSMARINE
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
2002 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  04:00:19  Show Profile
[quote]Originally posted by Adnan_le_Terrible

Transmarine, I'm sorry but each time you post something, I wonder if you're a pale idiot or you just don't think seriously about what you write.

Let me quote some of your brilliant sentences, that I will call Brianisms :

"I believe in objectivity"

"our race must have paedophiles in order to survive"

"It's a checks-and-balances world we live in. It's economics. And economics are a form of ecology. And ecology is our structure as living beings."

"how can you think that's wrong or stupid when it's a fact?"

"We need sex offenders for educational purposes"

Did it ever occur to you that if you want to decrease the Earth population, you can ALSO decrease the birth rate?

Do you think everything that exists in the world is like that because it couldn't be different?

Please detail then, instead of quoting my quotes and not explaining yourself. And tell me also how the birthrate can be decreased without 'moralistic' opposition? And also tell me how something can be different AFTER it's already happened?

Until you can give me something to think about, how can I understand your views?

-bRIAN
Go to Top of Page

Adnan_le_Terrible
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1973 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  04:07:15  Show Profile  Visit Adnan_le_Terrible's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by mun chien andalusia

i think i get transmarine's point.don't call him stupid just because he's talking about a natural life against a programed\clean cut society.maybe his points are brought to an extreme (for arguments sake i suppose)but they are still valid

The man is not only a natural being, he's also a cultural being. There IS a difference between the man and the animal.

Saying that our society needs wars for demographic regulation is stupid and dangerous.

Go to Top of Page

TRANSMARINE
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
2002 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  04:08:03  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Adnan_le_Terrible

quote:
Originally posted by El Barto

Although I laughed at Lolita, which is one of my favorite books, I don't consider paedophiles as a solution to the world's dullness.

No one is considering this, Adnan! Not even Nabokov!

-bRIAN
Go to Top of Page

GypsyDeath
Zapped Profile

3575 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  06:41:07  Show Profile  Visit GypsyDeath's Homepage
quote:

quote:

Im tired.

What makes you think we are here for a reason?

because the thought that we are not, is to depressing to bear.

Go to Top of Page

GypsyDeath
Zapped Profile

3575 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  06:44:39  Show Profile  Visit GypsyDeath's Homepage
I think this is a highly controversial subject, that no one will rectify, nor agree on.

Everyone on this earth is different, and no two people could poosibly agree on such a subject...life experiences in all our lives will give us very different view points, and more often than not, opinions we hold ver dear, because of the emotional attachment to them.

Its an interesting discussion, yes, but not one worth getting in to arguements about, as none of us have the power to do anything about it.

But then again if the little man stood by and watched the world go by, what would change?

Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  08:45:16  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address
quote:
The man is not only a natural being, he's also a cultural being. There IS a difference between the man and the animal.

Saying that our society needs wars for demographic regulation is stupid and dangerous.

i agree that there is a difference between man and animal(though that difference is hard to notice many times).and i agree that society doesn't needs war to regulate its population(pretty useless under this point of view because 1-modern weapons minimize the loss of lives unless we are talking nukes 2-there aren't any large conflicts or atleast i don't see one in the immediate future).this is all rational.the problem is that life isn't always rational.i'm afraid that there will always be war (and other sad things like crime or illness ).this is a fact.your idealistic view of things will not change this.you can call a disease "population regulator" or "plague" the description changes but not the substance.and i'll repeat that this is a purely theoretical argument about how to develop a society.it's about leting things take their course trying to fix problems as they come out or try to prevent problems by trying to sterilize any potenzially harmful behaviour or parameter.

Go to Top of Page

TRANSMARINE
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
2002 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  15:26:27  Show Profile
quote:

I think this is a highly controversial subject, that no one will rectify, nor agree on.

Its an interesting discussion, yes, but not one worth getting in to arguements about, as none of us have the power to do anything about it.

The problem I believe is that this isn't an argument, nor should it be. It's a debate with different views. A debate is a forum for explanation of beliefs, and where you're right, Gypsy, is that too many people in these posts are unwilling to properly present a side, or a view. Instead they like to criticize and fuelessly negate, which in the long run, only results in looking just that way...a fueless critic. I like to debate, and am open TOTALLY to other opinions, but I can't really reason with individuals who use me in contexts that are oblique and uncharacterized. I like people to investigate what I say, just as I like to investigate what they say...as long as it's productive.
And to boot, what is up with the hostility? The unrelenting need from some of these posters to be so angry over nothing? Is this topic so abhorrent and repulsive that individuals resort to the level of the subject itself?
I like debate. I don't really believe in arguing. I am NOT arguing, nor am I angry! That's the key. When you get angry, you need to channel it correctly, Adnan and Crouton, and look at things dimensionally, or your gonna look funny. Throw me something I can look at and think about! Not just an insult...it's boring! This stuff should be enlightening, influential, and intuitive...not benign and frustrating.

-bRIAN
Go to Top of Page

Adnan_le_Terrible
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1973 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  15:51:16  Show Profile  Visit Adnan_le_Terrible's Homepage
Nevermind

Go to Top of Page

TRANSMARINE
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
2002 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  16:18:29  Show Profile
quote:

Nevermind

Not as good as IN UTERO.

...in my opinion.

-bRIAN
Go to Top of Page

TheCroutonFuton
- Mr. Setlists -

USA
1728 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  16:23:54  Show Profile  Visit TheCroutonFuton's Homepage
hehehe

In Utero rocks.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000