-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Off Topic!
 General Chat
 Frank Black Chat
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Homers_pet_monkey
= Official forum monkey =

United Kingdom
17122 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  15:38:00  Show Profile
http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3082

I am refering to the above. All the mIRC's I download are damaged. Are there any that are not???Sorry I had to start a new topic but the original one was locked.

Hansel and Gretel have formed a band, .....And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Breadcrumbs!!!

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

4698 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  15:39:15  Show Profile
how exactly are they damaged
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  17:13:35  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
Weird. We need to get more people in the FB Chat channel. I've been thinking of setting up a Java IRC client on my website so people can jump in easily.


"Join the Cult of Brit / And let your oral hygiene go out the window."
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  17:56:18  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address
probably a corrupted download?try to get a trial version of mirc (www.mirc.com)and i'll pass you the serial no.it works fine with me.unless you have a mac.i don't know anything about them


join the cult of errol\and you can have a beer\without having to quit smoking
Go to Top of Page

GypsyDeath
Zapped Profile

3575 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  17:57:10  Show Profile  Visit GypsyDeath's Homepage
Yeah, I think its kinda tooo much hassel, and once you get there, theres no one there!

A lotr of sites just have a little button you press that say chat and you go straight in to it ...is that not possible here? I dunno, i have no clue about computers and stuff, so maybe im just talking crap or something.



Boys go to Jupiter, Get more stupider,
Girls go to Mars, Become rock stars

Wanna fuck and fight in the basement?
Go to Top of Page

ShakeyShake
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1058 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  17:59:14  Show Profile
I think a lot more people would go to the chat rather than cluttering the forum if it was more easily accesible


"I joined the Cult of Frank / 28:06:42:12"
Go to Top of Page

Adnan_le_Terrible
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1973 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  17:59:40  Show Profile  Visit Adnan_le_Terrible's Homepage
I downloaded irc, but it's quite complicated. Why don't we simply use icq or msn, like everyone else? (it's just a suggestion, i don't like online chatting very much).



Have some wine, please, don't run away.
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  18:07:34  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address
actually the initial idea was a chat directly attached to the site.but i'm no good at creating one.it would sure save the forum some stupid posting though.


join the cult of errol\and you can have a beer\without having to quit smoking
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

4698 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  18:14:21  Show Profile
btw, i made a suggestion months ago, now i suggest everyone actually listen to me.

set a day and a time when we can all join #frankblack and be guaranteed to meet other people in there (because they'll all be joining to).
perhaps on a sunday, at a time when it is quite reasonable in most time zones.
if it works, it's likely to develop and get more popular, and maybe in a year or something people will be on it all the time ('though it also kind of depends on the popularity of the site)
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

4698 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  18:16:43  Show Profile
also, put this time and date on the main site (in it's own little category), make it official, put java links, etc.
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  18:27:05  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
I'm gonna put up a Java IRC client on my website tonight. I don't think Dave's too keen on making a chat channel cause he loves the forum, but with all the high volume lately, maybe I can budge him on it.


"Join the Cult of Brit / And let your oral hygiene go out the window."
Go to Top of Page

GypsyDeath
Zapped Profile

3575 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  18:33:24  Show Profile  Visit GypsyDeath's Homepage
cool., good idea.

Heh, i actually remember that post steve. Im sure it was me who made the suggestion? probably not actually. lol



Boys go to Jupiter, Get more stupider,
Girls go to Mars, Become rock stars

Wanna fuck and fight in the basement?
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  19:03:38  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address
yeah right.as if you would ever admit that a bad idea would ever be conceived in barto's head


join the cult of errol\and you can have a beer\without having to quit smoking
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  21:21:49  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
Alright guys, still working out the kinks a little bit, but check out it:

http://fbchat.busydoingnothing.net

It should be self explanatory. Enter a nickname (forum name, please, no spaces, underscores for spaces), alternate nickname (optional, in case that nickname is taken), and real name (if you feel so inclined), and hit connect. That's all you really need to know. Requires Java. If it brings up any dialog about being signed or unsigned, click Yes.


"Join the Cult of Brit / And let your oral hygiene go out the window."
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  01:03:26  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage
Only reason i'm hesitant is they all require folks to download some code and run it, and i'm not sure if i'm all that keen on this........


Join the Cult of the Flying Pigxies - I'm A Believer!
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey
= Official forum monkey =

United Kingdom
17122 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  08:53:58  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by El Barto

Alright guys, still working out the kinks a little bit, but check out it:

http://fbchat.busydoingnothing.net

It should be self explanatory. Enter a nickname (forum name, please, no spaces, underscores for spaces), alternate nickname (optional, in case that nickname is taken), and real name (if you feel so inclined), and hit connect. That's all you really need to know. Requires Java. If it brings up any dialog about being signed or unsigned, click Yes.


"Join the Cult of Brit / And let your oral hygiene go out the window."



This link doesn't work for me, it's just blank!!!

Hansel and Gretel have formed a band, .....And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Breadcrumbs!!!
Go to Top of Page

bumblebeeboy2
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2638 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:53:52  Show Profile  Click to see bumblebeeboy2's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Homers_pet_monkey


This link doesn't work for me, it's just blank!!!

Hansel and Gretel have formed a band, .....And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Breadcrumbs!!!



works fine for me, it made me download some java thing or something, but IE did it all automatically, and works...

lol! i like your sig! lol!




"Join the Cult of Orange Cat / the more the better!"
Go to Top of Page

GypsyDeath
Zapped Profile

3575 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  12:47:49  Show Profile  Visit GypsyDeath's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by mun chien andalusia

yeah right.as if you would ever admit that a bad idea would ever be conceived in barto's head


join the cult of errol\and you can have a beer\without having to quit smoking




that doesnt even make any sense...unless im missing something...barto and steve being COMPLETELY different people!



Boys go to Jupiter, Get more stupider,
Girls go to Mars, Become rock stars

Wanna fuck and fight in the basement?
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey
= Official forum monkey =

United Kingdom
17122 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  15:12:19  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by bumblebeeboy2

quote:
Originally posted by Homers_pet_monkey


This link doesn't work for me, it's just blank!!!

Hansel and Gretel have formed a band, .....And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Breadcrumbs!!!



works fine for me, it made me download some java thing or something, but IE did it all automatically, and works...

lol! i like your sig! lol!




"Join the Cult of Orange Cat / the more the better!"




Thanks!!! Can I join your cult? I love cats!!!

Hansel and Gretel have formed a band, .....And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Breadcrumbs!!!
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  23:09:44  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Homers_pet_monkey

quote:
Originally posted by El Barto

Alright guys, still working out the kinks a little bit, but check out it:

http://fbchat.busydoingnothing.net

It should be self explanatory. Enter a nickname (forum name, please, no spaces, underscores for spaces), alternate nickname (optional, in case that nickname is taken), and real name (if you feel so inclined), and hit connect. That's all you really need to know. Requires Java. If it brings up any dialog about being signed or unsigned, click Yes.


"Join the Cult of Brit / And let your oral hygiene go out the window."



This link doesn't work for me, it's just blank!!!

Hansel and Gretel have formed a band, .....And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Breadcrumbs!!!




same here.


join the cult of errol\and you can have a beer\without having to quit smoking
Go to Top of Page

jo
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  06:47:04  Show Profile  Visit jo's Homepage
I got it to work, although it took a while to load...
Go to Top of Page

Malax
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1340 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  06:50:08  Show Profile
Seems to work fine, no ones talking though so....



I May've Joined The Cult Of Frank If I Knew What The Balls Was Going On.

*Adapted By Carolynanna*
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3305 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  07:12:10  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage
well it all loaded quick snappy for me, but then i couldn't connect.

but think thats probably more to do with my end not letting me.....


"I joined the Cult of Frank / I think that man deserves a DB!"
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

4698 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  08:43:09  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by GypsyDeath

that doesnt even make any sense...unless im missing something...barto and steve being COMPLETELY different people!



or are we...?


I joined the Cult of Pi / Because it's cool
Go to Top of Page

GypsyDeath
Zapped Profile

3575 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  09:12:55  Show Profile  Visit GypsyDeath's Homepage
ahh!!!!



Boys go to Jupiter, Get more stupider,
Girls go to Mars, Become rock stars

Wanna fuck and fight in the basement?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2016 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000