Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

speedy_m
= Frankofile =

Canada
3581 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  19:03:59  Show Profile
I've heard of them cheeseman, and Matador seems pretty excited about them, but I haven't heard a note. I'll look into it. I'm on the case!
Go to Top of Page

NO.13Girl
- FB Fan -

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  20:29:44  Show Profile  Visit NO.13Girl's Homepage  Click to see NO.13Girl's MSN Messenger address
Deceptacon - Le Tigre
Speedy Marie - FB
Bring On The Dancing Horses - Echo and the Bunnymen
Black Math - The White Stripes
Possibly Maybe - Bjork

"I joined the Cult of Frank / Aren't I Special?"
Go to Top of Page

TarTar
* Dog in the Sand *

1965 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  20:48:19  Show Profile
The new Dirtbombs record is rip roarin', sky soarin'. Okay, let me put it more descriptively. It is very fitting that the Dirtbombs don't like the garage rock tag and prefer to be called Rock n Soul. That's really what is. Rock instrumentation with a very soulful spirit vocally and lyrically, with plenty of rock in that vocals/lyric department as well. The fuzz tone of the guitar is particularly awesome. The Dirtbombs are a must hear. They are a very fun band, and this is a very good album. Just look at some of the song titles: I'm Through With White Girls, Thunder in the Sky, Stuck in Thee Garage (which is probably a reply to being called garage rock)
Go to Top of Page

darwin
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
5452 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  21:13:33  Show Profile
I've been on a Bowie Diamond Dogs kick for about a week and half. Unfortunately I'm wearing it out. What a great album.

Other current faves:
Harrison - All Things Must Pass
Wilco - Yankee Fox Trot
Beck - Mutations
Go to Top of Page

Snowmaiden
- FB Fan -

Canada
34 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  00:43:23  Show Profile  Click to see Snowmaiden's MSN Messenger address
Alarmbell - Get Money (chronic....can't get enough of it)
Hawksley Workman - Smoke
Starlight Mints - Popsicle

Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2003 :  10:59:54  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by speedy_m

Have you ever heard the tasty acoustic version of Fighter Jet? It's.. uh... tasty.

i haven't whats that on/where did you get it? sounds interesting. i love the acoustic songs they do, cos they always break my heart, like...Now to war. or acorns and orioles. though that one always reminds me of staind, which is horrible.

and i love kc accidental, and of course, anthems for a 17 year old girl by the 'scene.

"I joined the Cult of Trippy/...what was i singing again???"
Go to Top of Page

Coldheartofstone
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
2025 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2003 :  11:05:45  Show Profile  Click to see Coldheartofstone's MSN Messenger address
I'm listening to The Pretenders-Viva el amor
its great

I wanna rock and roll all night, and part of everyday...
Go to Top of Page

speedy_m
= Frankofile =

Canada
3581 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  20:21:46  Show Profile
Comparing a GBV song to staind... why... it's... it's almost crimes! I found the acoustic version of Fighter Jet in mp3 format on kazaa back in the day. It's from some radio show. It's beyond good. There's also a lovely alternate version of Now to War, which is a bit more rockin', and a terrific version of Choking Tara (subtitles "Creamy Version"). You should check 'em out, baby. KC Accidental rules live, by the way.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000